What the heck happend to Commonwealth Captives mod?

Is now hidden as of ~2 hours ago, and he's updated the description of his other (quite popular & well-made) mods with this:

2020/10/18: I will no longer be updating or supporting these mods.  The code is free for anyone to do with as they like.

Also changed/removed his profile pic as well.

Much as unwarranted speculation won't help, given the only 'hidden' one his recent CC, I'd guess something to do with that, like asset permissions/claims or whatnot, and he's lost patience.
That said, he's also often quite patient, so could be somethin else.

I'm mostly just hopin he's alright.

W T F ????

I'm preparing to continue to upload new resources for Commonwealth captives there.

When I was very honored to participate in a mod with obvious development prospects at noon today (Beijing time), you told me, it was gone? The author left, too?

3 hours ago, kziitd said:

W T F ????

I'm preparing to continue to upload new resources for Commonwealth captives there.

When I was very honored to participate in a mod with obvious development prospects at noon today (Beijing time), you told me, it was gone? The author left, too?

Mod itself's hidden currently, dunno if it'll be back.
His other mods are basically now As-is, for people to use/work on.
Something's clearly come up somewhere, 'cause I know he was likin the assets and whatnot that you'd been able to convert.

Can only really hope he's fine, and returns soon, or at all.

Edit: Especially since he's maintained or improved many staple NSFW mods for FO4, as well. ?

2 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

Mod itself's hidden currently, dunno if it'll be back.
His other mods are basically now As-is, for people to use/work on.
Something's clearly come up somewhere, 'cause I know he was likin the assets and whatnot that you'd been able to convert.

Can only really hope he's fine, and returns soon, or at all.

Edit: Especially since he's maintained or improved many staple NSFW mods for FO4, as well. ?

I'm sorry, my English is not good, I don't fully understand your ideas about the assets in this matter.

Do you mean that the things I provided brought him trouble?

I think of the "tape and handcuffs replacement" that I once released. There was also an author who made resources for DD to express that I used his things. Finally, he made it clear that if we checked from 3D model, it was not the same resource.

If it's because of furniture or other model resources, isn't it licensed?

Oh, No.

Furniture, animation, I can also make, but because skyrim animation needs the 2012 version of havok, I temporarily shelved the animation production of Fo4, because it must use the new version of havok.

If it was a dispute over the assets used by mod that caused him to leave, that would be too bad.

As everyone knows and is mainly using, his mods are only a few that can be actively updated.

The future is dark. Just a few days ago, I felt that there was a lot of light and I even made the intention to switch to Fo4 completely.

I hope he's all right, and then he'll show up and say, "let's go on."

:( What the hell? Hope he's alright...

I can't imagine it was asset claims, weren't all the mod dependencies with open permissions? Any problematic furniture could also just be singularly removed. 

It's weird that only this mod was hidden... hope it's not gone forever, the concept is just too good :(

My personally guess as to why Commonwealth Captives is the only mod that is hidden may simply have to do with artistic integrity. By this I mean that all his other mods were in a "Release" state and very well tested. As such they could be left up as is without much worry. Commonwealth Captives on the other hand was still in an "In Development" state, meaning it wasn't feature complete nor has it gone through comprehensive testing. Leaving the mod up in this state would mean having his name (and reputation) attached to an incomplete mod that could have any number of undiscovered bugs.

Could be he just had enough of his mods not being enough for gamers. His stuff was being put through the ringers by folks with AAF issues and nothing to do with his mods. Nevermind folks who were not satisfied with his end results and always asking for this extra feature or that new addon. Must have been exhausting trying to put out imagined fires for every newbie that came along and would not bother reading install instructions or try searching for troubleshooting answers. He had the patience of Job when dealing with everyone. Maybe a break is in order and hopefully it is by his choice and real life........

Whatever the reason I hope s/he's okay irl, though it is a real loss to LL and FO4 modding losing someone who was so knowledgable and helpful

I'm running most of Ego's mods and they are all just so reliable, they have never given me any problems at all.

Good luck wherever you are

23 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Whatever the reason I hope s/he's okay irl, though it is a real loss to LL and FO4 modding losing someone who was so knowledgable and helpful

I'm running most of Ego's mods and they are all just so reliable, they have never given me any problems at all.

Good luck wherever you are

I second this.

Mods that work as advertised and timely, helpful support. A rare combo. Wishing you the best EB.

One of the best modders, if not the best, for FO4. All of Ego's work was top notch and well thought out. And to top it off he was a polite person!

Well, I was looking for a reason to end my FO4 installation for good. This is it. ? Farewell to Bethsoft forever! :face_dragon:

Regarding Captives, in the short time it has been out it ended up being an essential mod. That one is a particularly huge loss. Other mods tried, Ego's succeeded. :cool:

Spoiler
17 hours ago, kziitd said:

I'm sorry, my English is not good, I don't fully understand your ideas about the assets in this matter.

Do you mean that the things I provided brought him trouble?

I think of the "tape and handcuffs replacement" that I once released. There was also an author who made resources for DD to express that I used his things. Finally, he made it clear that if we checked from 3D model, it was not the same resource.

If it's because of furniture or other model resources, isn't it licensed?

Oh, No.

Furniture, animation, I can also make, but because skyrim animation needs the 2012 version of havok, I temporarily shelved the animation production of Fo4, because it must use the new version of havok.

If it was a dispute over the assets used by mod that caused him to leave, that would be too bad.

As everyone knows and is mainly using, his mods are only a few that can be actively updated.

The future is dark. Just a few days ago, I felt that there was a lot of light and I even made the intention to switch to Fo4 completely.

Short & simple version:
Possible issues with assets was a possible reason he might've hidden it.

But it's more likely as Number mentioned:

12 hours ago, Number24 said:

My personally guess as to why Commonwealth Captives is the only mod that is hidden may simply have to do with artistic integrity. By this I mean that all his other mods were in a "Release" state and very well tested. As such they could be left up as is without much worry. Commonwealth Captives on the other hand was still in an "In Development" state, meaning it wasn't feature complete nor has it gone through comprehensive testing. Leaving the mod up in this state would mean having his name (and reputation) attached to an incomplete mod that could have any number of undiscovered bugs.

It's probably 'cause it's a WIP and not what he'd consider "stable" or "release-ready".

Disappointing, either way.
As you said:

I hope he's all right, and then he'll show up and say, "let's go on."

2 hours ago, Stiffon said:

I have only just come back to FO4 after a long break into SkyrimSE. Can anyone tell me what this mod did? Tho I guess it won't matter if it's hidden! Hope he is ok, I have a number of his mods.

It is basically equivalent to skyrim's "sex slaves for vanilla bandit camps", which is the enlightenment work of skyrim's subsequent enslavement and DD related mod development

Fo4 was about to take this step, but something happened and the author left LL.

5 hours ago, kziitd said:

It is basically equivalent to skyrim's "sex slaves for vanilla bandit camps", which is the enlightenment work of skyrim's subsequent enslavement and DD related mod development

Fo4 was about to take this step, but something happened and the author left LL.

Ouch, that's not good. Pity Blackbird Wanderer isn't in to FO4 as his Sexy Bandit Captives mod for Skyrim is awesome!