What the heck happend to Commonwealth Captives mod?

I was thinking about this mod. (I still play it because it is a keeper)

and I remember an "issue" with it spawning captives at settlements when Raiders attack it.

my head canon about it, is that Raiders bring along slaves to do two things

1. Act as Demoralizing weapons.

2. Act as Human Shields

I was just thinking this, while watching Goblin Slayer. (the Goblin Attack near the end of the Series)

and this was in Mad Max 2 as well

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2020 at 2:28 AM, Invictusblade said:

I was thinking about this mod. (I still play it because it is a keeper)

and I remember an "issue" with it spawning captives at settlements when Raiders attack it.

my head canon about it, is that Raiders bring along slaves to do two things

1. Act as Demoralizing weapons.

2. Act as Human Shields

I was just thinking this, while watching Goblin Slayer. (the Goblin Attack near the end of the Series)

and this was in Mad Max 2 as well

Don't suppose you could tell me its per-requisites? I've had it downloaded but never once activated it. Turned it on mid game and I went around to dozens of raider sites and didn't see a single captive.

4 minutes ago, Neodarkside said:

Don't suppose you could tell me its per-requisites? I've had it downloaded but never once activated it. Turned it on mid game and I went around to dozens of raider sites and didn't see a single captive.

It's pretty much self contained. You need MCM for the settings. Setting the captive chance to 100 will help with Bugthesda's crappy RNG. It will use Torture Devices, CRX, ZazOut crosses & Prisoner Shackles IF you have them installed. Otherwise it uses the vanilla captive animation.

NPC's, their rope bindings & dirt spells are unique...

It's also compatible with SKK 4-76 OpenWorld, again IF you have it installed.

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

It's pretty much self contained. You need MCM for the settings. Setting the captive chance to 100 will help with Bugthesda's crappy RNG. It will use Torture Devices, CRX, ZazOut crosses & Prisoner Shackles IF you have them installed. Otherwise it uses the vanilla captive animation.

NPC's, their rope bindings & dirt spells are unique...

It's also compatible with SKK 4-76 OpenWorld, again IF you have it installed.

Then something tells me I have some other issue, there isn't a MCM setting for it, trying to install it with a mod installer it comes up as Incomplete, so I installed it manually, 3 files. Commonwealth Captives Main.BA2, Textures BA2, and the ESP are all that the zip file contained.

1 hour ago, Neodarkside said:

Then something tells me I have some other issue, there isn't a MCM setting for it, trying to install it with a mod installer it comes up as Incomplete, so I installed it manually, 3 files. Commonwealth Captives Main.BA2, Textures BA2, and the ESP are all that the zip file contained.

Yeah, that's your issue.

I'm using version 0.92 and haven't had any problems. Been using it since I first discovered it when I was checking Ego Ballistic's other mods. The settlers aren't always in the same place, have a mix of female and males. Being as I'm using JB I can rename them from Settler to what ever. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Obamaisded said:

This mod does not work for me, like theres no mcm menu for it and no prisoners appear at raider camps. Do I have to install this manually like does Mod organizer 2 now work for this?

Ok found out that the mod I got is corrupted, found a working russian version. If someone could dm english version much appreciated!

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, rjrc said:

The mod works well and i like it, i just wish there would be more face presets. 

I dont know why he was removed but the presets are the same as the mod Unique Customizable Settlers

Add your own.
I add a few every once in a while. Have 97 females so far.

Ego removed the mod because it was just a mostly working alpha. A lot of the morph values are far outside the "triangle" which cause some weird looking captives. Spider Girl! LOL

6 hours ago, izzyknows said:

A lot of the morph values are far outside the "triangle" which cause some weird looking captives. Spider Girl! LOL

Huh, I had actually never noticed. Then again, I add a random range to BodyFat (Pregnant as well) on all the bodygen templates, so they're frequently on the chonky side anyway (and/or variously far along from being knocked up).

• 1 month later...