Lover's Comfort v2013-05-04 (SexiS)

Is it possible to place the console commands to set the arousal level on player and NPC in the main post? And is there a command to reset it? I think I need to reset it in a NPC, it doesn't lower it, no matter how many times they do it. But other characters work without a problem.

Hope the Lab port is going smoothly dude, good luck! x

All right, I'm going to level with you all. But what's most important now is that you remain calm. There is no reason to panic.

Now, it is true that one of the Sexlab modders is missing... slightly missing.

But the other Sexlab modders... they're just fine. They're at the keyboards typing away... free to pursue a life of religious fulfillment.

Just placed LoversComfort and LoversHook at the bottom of thread head post.

Install only if you are in good mood for testing.

The only feature that is missing is learning, which is going to be only after SexLab rev4.

Is it possible to place the console commands to set the arousal level on player and NPC in the main post? And is there a command to reset it? I think I need to reset it in a NPC, it doesn't lower it, no matter how many times they do it. But other characters work without a problem.

Yes.

1. at console type "help loverscomfort"

2. you will see some form ids "XX000000 00_L..."

3. open console select NPC and type "setfactionrank XX025837 0"

or if it is a player type "player.setfactionrank XX025837 0"

4. close console type T and wait for one hour, then wait for 10 more seconds.

this should set arousal exposure to 0.

post-104149-0-39773800-1367523354_thumb.png

First i want to say that this is my favorite sex mod and I miss it a lot. It integrates sex in the world of Skyrim, adds it as a need with both benefits and disadvantages. The only thing  I find that is breaking my impression is the spouse's lover. It's intriguing, unique yes but badly presented. When you say "Potential lover" I'd Imagine specific, constant NPC with a lot of secrecy and sneaking at night involved.   Instead we get:

-The name of the Lover in the menu (so much for secrecy) 

-If your spouse tags along and is in the same room as his/hers lover they would have sex when said lover goes to bed (regardless that you're in the same room and your spouse is an active follower)

-In my case she had a lover (lvl4 and all), when I sent her home, she lost her lover and her potential boyfriend changed (to -2 non the less). Impression breaking

-When your spouse watches you naked for a while he/she becomes more in love with somebody else (that's pretty hilarious actually xD)  

As things are now it looks like your spouse is just looking to blow off steam with random NPCs.       

Thank you.

I agree that lover is week point of the mod and I am seeking ways to improve it.

Let me explain that potential lover is and that problems I am facing:

1. Status page is just for debugging, it is useful to understand what is going on in the room and can be used to identify problems at the mod.

2. Lets say the PC and spouse had entered a tavern A, the spouse got in love in some barkeeper A. You leave the tavern A and never visit it in rest of the game. So how the spouse can meet that barkeeper A again?

3. My solution is "Potential Lover" - if spouse is horny enough the barkeeper A gets +1 into his lovers rank. You go to another tavern B there if spouse is horny enough the local drunk B is going to get +1 into his lover rank. Each cell peeks potential lover based on highest lover rank to spouse.

Now in some time in the game PC and spouse would return to tavern A, then spouse would peek up the barkeeper A since he has highest lover rank and continue relation from that point.

So what we have is that neglected spouse maintains multiple relationships at all places you visit. I can not predict what places would you visit.

The relationships are buildup overtime.

Eventually one of this relationships would end with cheet scene.

4. Another problem: PC with spouse enter a tavern, there a barkeeper A is waiting with lovers rank 4 , which is enough to start a scene. Now when to start the scene? Tavern A is remote place you are unlikely to leave the spouse there sendboxing. your are not going to leave the spouse and barkeeper A alone together. what to do in this case?

In this case LC just start scene if the barkeeper is going to sleep.

Good job man.. Will test it and tell you the results :-)

Edit*

Why do you say That I can only run one of them? will they conflict if I install both?

I had updated the description.

I meant that you can run both together or only one of them.

They are designed to work together.

Yes.

1. at console type "help loverscomfort"

2. you will see some form ids "XX000000 00_L..."

3. open console select NPC and type "setfactionrank XX025837 0"

or if it is a player type "player.setfactionrank XX025837 0"

4. close console type T and wait for one hour, then wait for 10 more seconds.

this should set arousal exposure to 0.

First i want to say that this is my favorite sex mod and I miss it a lot. It integrates sex in the world of Skyrim, adds it as a need with both benefits and disadvantages. The only thing  I find that is breaking my impression is the spouse's lover. It's intriguing, unique yes but badly presented. When you say "Potential lover" I'd Imagine specific, constant NPC with a lot of secrecy and sneaking at night involved.   Instead we get:

-The name of the Lover in the menu (so much for secrecy) 

-If your spouse tags along and is in the same room as his/hers lover they would have sex when said lover goes to bed (regardless that you're in the same room and your spouse is an active follower)

-In my case she had a lover (lvl4 and all), when I sent her home, she lost her lover and her potential boyfriend changed (to -2 non the less). Impression breaking

-When your spouse watches you naked for a while he/she becomes more in love with somebody else (that's pretty hilarious actually xD)  

As things are now it looks like your spouse is just looking to blow off steam with random NPCs.       

Thank you.

I agree that lover is week point of the mod and I am seeking ways to improve it.

1. Status page is just for debugging, it is useful to understand what is going on in the room and can be used to identify problems at the mod.

2. Lets say the PC and spouse had entered a tavern A, the spouse got in love in some barkeeper A. You leave the tavern A and never visit it in rest of the game. So how the spouse can meet that barkeeper A again?

3. My solution is "Potential Lover" - if spouse is horny enough the barkeeper A gets +1 into his lovers rank. You go to another tavern B there if spouse is horny enough the local drunk B is going to get +1 into his lover rank. Each cell peeks potential lover based on highest lover rank to spouse.

Now in some time in the game PC and spouse would return to tavern A, then spouse would peek up the barkeeper A since he has highest lover rank and continue relation from that point.

So what we have is that neglected spouse maintains multiple relationships at all places you visit. I can not predict what places would you visit.

4. Another problem: PC with spouse enter a tavern, there a barkeeper A is waiting with lovers rank 4 , which is enough to start a scene. Now when to start the scene? Tavern A is remote place you are unlikely to leave the spouse there sendboxing. your are not going to leave the spouse and barkeeper A alone together. what to do in this case?

Ah, so Skyrim has open marriages!

This also brings another possibility to mind. Jealousy ranking.

We have a problem. Serious Problem !!!

The lovers comfort mod breaks the option from the random rape mod that the rapist is alwyas male. Thus When a female rapes a male, she is the one dominant. I unticked the "rapists use male animations" but that did not fixed the problem. The issue gets even more complicated from the fact that you canot COMPLETELy uninstall the mod. The loverscomfort magic effect and spell remain even after the mod is removed. I know a good answer (well from that kind mof modders who dont give much of a f*** about their testers. Thank god you are not one of them and thank you for that).. just revert to an older save before you installed LoversComfort for sex lab. Wel I did that. But before I had lovercomfort for sexlab I had Loverscomfort for sexis. Witch uses the same (at least in the name) magic effects and spell. So the effects and the spell are there too. I know this does not make ANY logical sense. How the hell would the effects for sexis cause a problem in sexlab. Wel i have no idea but they do (propably because they have the same name?. I completely removed everything that start with the work SexLab and reinstalled everything from scratch. (upgraded to 3b in the process). Nope, Nothing !!

Solution:

You must implement two things as soon as you get the chance.

1. An option to reset the system and remove everythin!!

2. An option that makes males to always be dominant in sex. (you can borough that script from random sex. 

Well the damage is already done so there only two things I can do about it, Absolutely nothing and like it. I'll try some more to see if I can fix it but I have little faith that will be happennig. I'll post back with anything new i find. (if this is a Randomsex mods fuck up I will get seriously annoyed for making me come up with all these theories.  :P )

Edit*

Yes I tried changing their loading order  :P

Edit* 2

I have a hint that the random sex option for the males to be dominant does not work or is broken, but the above two suggestions remain.

Edit*3

Oh yes one more thing. Tho Lovers hook option For switching animations also aply to the random sex mod and to all sex mod in this framework. This is a good thing. The bad thing is that currently the female will redress when switching animations but this is a framework problem. Just noting it

The lovers comfort mod breaks the option from the random rape mod that the rapist is alwyas male. Thus When a female rapes a male, she is the one dominant. I unticked the "rapists use male animations" but that did not fixed the problem. The issue gets even more complicated from the fact that you canot COMPLETELy uninstall the mod. The loverscomfort magic effect and spell remain even after the mod is removed. I know a good answer (well from that kind mof modders who dont give much of a f*** about their testers. Thank god you are not one of them and thank you for that).. just revert to an older save before you installed LoversComfort for sex lab. Wel I did that. But before I had lovercomfort for sexlab I had Loverscomfort for sexis. Witch uses the same (at least in the name) magic effects and spell. So the effects and the spell are there too. I know this does not make ANY logical sense. How the hell would the effects for sexis cause a problem in sexlab. Wel i have no idea but they do (propably because they have the same name?. I completely removed everything that start with the work SexLab and reinstalled everything from scratch. (upgraded to 3b in the process). Nope, Nothing !!

Solution:

2. An option that makes males to always be dominant in sex. (you can borough that script from random sex. 

Well the damage is already done so there only two things I can do about it, Absolutely nothing and like it. I'll try some more to see if I can fix it but I have little faith that will be happennig. I'll post back with anything new i find. (if this is a Randomsex mods fuck up I will get seriously annoyed for making me come up with all these theories.  :P )

Edit*

Edit* 2

I have a hint that the random sex option for the males to be dominant does not work or is broken, but the above two suggestions remain.

Edit*3

Oh yes one more thing. Tho Lovers hook option For switching animations also aply to the random sex mod and to all sex mod in this framework. This is a good thing. The bad thing is that currently the female will redress when switching animations but this is a framework problem. Just noting it

LoversComfort sets male/female rapist ONLY then sex started by LoversComfort itself,

if sex was started by another plugin it does not effect actor positions.

LoversComfort for SexLab only monitors sex but does not effect it.

On the otherhand LoversHook for SexLab monitors the sex from all mods and does animations/stage switching, and also adds Lover's Victim effect after PC was raped.

The loverscomfort magic effect and spell remain even after the mod is removed.

What is the name of the magic effect?

Are you using SkyRe ReProccer? if so add loverscomfort/hook to it blacklist, I recommend to add all SexiS/SexLab framework and plugins to its black list. And run repoccer again, I found out recently that it can just ghost mods, EVEN then they are disabled.

1. An option to reset the system and remove everythin!!

The best way to reset/remove LoversComfort is by disabling/deleting it.

Any MCM option would not be as effective as just removing LoversComfort.

Thank you.

Thanks for explaining. In other words spouse can have more than a one lover correct ?  

1. Any way to hide the name of the potential Lover/s?

2. It would be nice if the dialog for cheating only appear if you find your wife cheating with said NPC.

3. When sex starts (spouse/lover) is there a way to stop the scene or do I need to wait till the animation finishes? Tried Fus Ro Dah but it went right through them :|

Thanks for the new version, man.   Love this mod. 

Just spitballing here, but...... maybe some addons could be something like Lovers Comfort-Blackmail  where the PC could be blackmailed or the PC could blackmail others if you catch them cheating.    Lovers Comfort-Detective where it's harder to catch a spouse/someone elses spouse cheating and you need to be shifty/sneaky and follow clues.  ie, You go to your home and the key doesn't work in the lock so it's less likely you can just bardge in and catch them in the act.   Lovers Comfort-Notice System,  where your spouse sends you notes so you might get a clue when you should go home to prevent a cheating episode... or ignore it and fight another dragon before you head back... you've got time. ;)

Solution:

Edit*

Edit* 2

Edit*3

LoversComfort sets male/female rapist ONLY then sex started by LoversComfort itself,

if sex was started by another plugin it does not effect actor positions.

LoversComfort for SexLab only monitors sex but does not effect it.

On the otherhand LoversHook for SexLab monitors the sex from all mods and does animations/stage switching, and also adds Lover's Victim effect after PC was raped.

The loverscomfort magic effect and spell remain even after the mod is removed.

What is the name of the magic effect?

Are you using SkyRe ReProccer? if so add loverscomfort/hook to it blacklist, I recommend to add all SexiS/SexLab framework and plugins to its black list. And run repoccer again, I found out recently that it can just ghost mods, EVEN then they are disabled.

1. An option to reset the system and remove everythin!!

The best way to reset/remove LoversComfort is by disabling/deleting it.

Any MCM option would not be as effective as just removing LoversComfort.

Here you go. these are the speels:

post-96019-0-44860400-1367600516_thumb.jpg

post-96019-0-58832700-1367600540_thumb.jpg

Edit* 1

Wait ...flashback..

Arent there some vannila effects called lovers comfort that are applied to the player if he/she sleeps in a room with the presence of a spouce? I think thats them, so no, they are not from your mod. Faulse alarm  :@ . So there must be something else that fucked up random sex. I did sneak in to a couple of houses in whiterun yesterday and all the couples were have the animations that they where supposed to. (male fucking female). But what will happen if throught your mod, a female starts an animation with a male? 

'Got a bit annoyed with the "reinstall LC every couple game hours to eliminate script lag" -routine and took a bit of a look at your scripts.

1) in loverscomfortutilscr.psc

Function UpdateActorLastSexTime(Actor akRef)
	int now = Game.QueryStat("Days Passed") * 24 + GameHour.GetValueInt()

int hi = (now / 256) - 2
	int low = (now - hi * 256) - 2

akRef.SetFactionRank(lcLastComfortTimeFactionLow, low)
	akRef.SetFactionRank(lcLastComfortTimeFactionHi, hi)
EndFunction

is messed up.

"low" needs to be "int low = (now - (hi + 2) * 256) - 2" if you insist on using a -2 offset, or you're adding a 512 hours offset to the timer ... which explains quite a bit of the problems people have with arousal gain.

'Made a fixed version of the script and compiled it as a quick fix, 'testing if it solves other problems, too, now.

2) are you really sure that -2 offset you're using on all factionranks (that you're using as variables) is smart?

'Cause if I'm not totally wrong, each time you assign -1 to a factionrank that's the equivalent of kicking the actor from the faction ...

'Not sure if that's really a good idea. Really. What's that supposed to do, anyway? A +2 offset - yeah, that'd make sense, 'keeps the 0 and -1 out of the valid range of values your variables can take and makes it easy to spot if something is not initiated or got glitched. The -2 offset though smells like lots of trouble.

I'll probably take another look at the scripts later ... that is, if I can be arsed to install a second copy of the game for modding purposes, by the time I finally managed to get the script to compile, the game CTD'ed on loadup and I had to reinstall all mods. Remind me to not do THAT again!

... Or I'll just wait for a stable release of SL and pray that you'll notice and fix the bugs you still have in the SexiS version by then. Actually, more likely.  :P

Edit: Just in case - the fix is for the SexiS version, don't download it if you're using LC for SL.

LC minifix.7z

Congratulations on the beta sexlab version! :D I noticed it a day late.

Lovershook bug: When a rapist switches animations, they pick a new animation from the standard list, rather than the aggressive list. So the animation can oddly go from rough treatment to a loving hug.

How does being raped get triggered actually? I'm running around naked in taverns since a while, and I've changed the exposure modifier and everything, but when I check the cells in Taverns they mostly show a female NPC with a -2 arousal. My char is a female dunmer, does that have anything to do with it? Is there a possibility to be raped by a female as a female player character?

so this is the sexlab version ?

If you look carefully at the first post, under the SexIS version there is a beta Sexlab version in spoiler tags. Read the disclaimer/instructions if you feel like using it.

How does being raped get triggered actually? I'm running around naked in taverns since a while, and I've changed the exposure modifier and everything, but when I check the cells in Taverns they mostly show a female NPC with a -2 arousal. My char is a female dunmer, does that have anything to do with it? Is there a possibility to be raped by a female as a female player character?

Used to be that arousal doesn't work until you sleep with your spouse once, and only then LC will activate. Not sure if that's still the case, this might be the issue. Also arousal ticks on NPCs much faster if you spend time around them naked (without a chestpiece)

Thank you.

Thanks for explaining. In other words spouse can have more than a one lover correct ?  

1. Any way to hide the name of the potential Lover/s?

2. It would be nice if the dialog for cheating only appear if you find your wife cheating with said NPC.

3. When sex starts (spouse/lover) is there a way to stop the scene or do I need to wait till the animation finishes? Tried Fus Ro Dah but it went right through them :|

Yes spouse has multiple lover relationship.

1. No, I use it for debugging, and managing different versions for release and debugging is annoying

2. Possible, but on the otherhand you might want to prevent cheating.

3. You can fire Lover's Clean up spell it would stop the scene, but it is better to let it end neutrally.

What you are right about is that to end-user the lover system seems like random blow off steam by spouse.

Now the big  question is how to change that in simple and friendly way?

Some sort of Lover-Spouse interaction must exist long before cheating scene, so you would notice that something goes wrong

The LoversComfort - Delete old scripts.bat doesn't seem to work for me any way to fix this?

put the .bat in your data folder first.

I did it still says that it could not find for what ever reason?

It should not find anything, if you had installed only resent version.

The BAT file is only for ppl who had installed very first versions of LoversComfort

Thanks for the new version, man.   Love this mod. 

Just spitballing here, but...... maybe some addons could be something like Lovers Comfort-Blackmail  where the PC could be blackmailed or the PC could blackmail others if you catch them cheating.    Lovers Comfort-Detective where it's harder to catch a spouse/someone elses spouse cheating and you need to be shifty/sneaky and follow clues.  ie, You go to your home and the key doesn't work in the lock so it's less likely you can just bardge in and catch them in the act.   Lovers Comfort-Notice System,  where your spouse sends you notes so you might get a clue when you should go home to prevent a cheating episode... or ignore it and fight another dragon before you head back... you've got time. ;)

Great ideas.

Spouse sending notes might be doable.

What I might also implement is adding to spouse inventory notes from the lover, which you might find then trading.

I have a CTD using the sexlab version of lovers comfort always when sex animation is about to start

i run FNIS, and i check with tes5edit and everything seems to be ok

When I enable LoversComfort.esp I get a CTD on save. With only Sexlab and matchmaker I don't.. :(

LoversHook.esp doesn't cause a CTD on save. Guess I'm only having a problem with LoversComfort.esp.  

Had you preformed clean save?

Can you PM me your debug logs?

'Got a bit annoyed with the "reinstall LC every couple game hours to eliminate script lag" -routine and took a bit of a look at your scripts.

1) in loverscomfortutilscr.psc

Function UpdateActorLastSexTime(Actor akRef)
	int now = Game.QueryStat("Days Passed") * 24 + GameHour.GetValueInt()

int hi = (now / 256) - 2
	int low = (now - hi * 256) - 2

akRef.SetFactionRank(lcLastComfortTimeFactionLow, low)
	akRef.SetFactionRank(lcLastComfortTimeFactionHi, hi)
EndFunction

is messed up.

"low" needs to be "int low = (now - (hi + 2) * 256) - 2" if you insist on using a -2 offset, or you're adding a 512 hours offset to the timer ... which explains quite a bit of the problems people have with arousal gain.

'Made a fixed version of the script and compiled it as a quick fix, 'testing if it solves other problems, too, now.

2) are you really sure that -2 offset you're using on all factionranks (that you're using as variables) is smart?

'Cause if I'm not totally wrong, each time you assign -1 to a factionrank that's the equivalent of kicking the actor from the faction ...

'Not sure if that's really a good idea. Really. What's that supposed to do, anyway? A +2 offset - yeah, that'd make sense, 'keeps the 0 and -1 out of the valid range of values your variables can take and makes it easy to spot if something is not initiated or got glitched. The -2 offset though smells like lots of trouble.

I'll probably take another look at the scripts later ... that is, if I can be arsed to install a second copy of the game for modding purposes, by the time I finally managed to get the script to compile, the game CTD'ed on loadup and I had to reinstall all mods. Remind me to not do THAT again!

... Or I'll just wait for a stable release of SL and pray that you'll notice and fix the bugs you still have in the SexiS version by then. Actually, more likely.  :P

Edit: Just in case - the fix is for the SexiS version, don't download it if you're using LC for SL.

Thank you had added your fix to last update.

2. As far as I had tested using faction is very simple and cheep way to add variable to unlimited number of actors.

Faction rank it is just 8-bit signed integer.

The offset of -2 is necessary for actors who had never had sex.

So then LC scans for actors it would get 0 time since last sex for virgin actor.

Can you be more specific about script lag?

please PM me you debug logs after lag start.

Congratulations on the beta sexlab version! :D I noticed it a day late.

Lovershook bug: When a rapist switches animations, they pick a new animation from the standard list, rather than the aggressive list. So the animation can oddly go from rough treatment to a loving hug.

Switching animations from modder point of view is rather difficult at SexLab.

The problem is going to persist until rev4, there I hope Ashal would make some API changes.

That is the reason there is no animation learning in the release.

so this is the sexlab version ?

Yes, for testing only though.

I do not recommend continually playing with it yet.

Please update to last version, it has major changes to how naked is working.

Additionally verify that you are naked by talking to NPCs the would comment you about being naked.

Because sometimes strange wearable items are marked as armor.

Any gender can rape any gender.

<snip>

Thank you had added your fix to last update.

2. As far as I had tested using faction is very simple and cheep way to add variable to unlimited number of actors.

Faction rank it is just 8-bit signed integer.

The offset of -2 is necessary for actors who had never had sex.

So then LC scans for actors it would get 0 time since last sex for virgin actor.

Can you be more specific about script lag?

please PM me you debug logs after lag start.

<snip>

Nothing wrong in general with using factions as storage.

You just rob yourself of a powerful tool for catching exceptions by using the -2 offset, and add a potential cause of trouble (since setting rank to -1 kicks the actor from the faction).

If you used a +x offset instead, you'd get a lot more information:

rank is -2 -> Actor hasn't been used yet, opportunity to call any first-time initialization routines.

rank is -1 or 0 -> Actor has been glitched in some way and might need debugging.

rank of +2 or higher -> Actor has been used previously and seems to be working, get actual values by subtracting the +x offset again.

That's in general a very good practice if working if an API you're not 100% familiar with, since functions often return 0 or -1 when they're not working as intended or abort with an error (0 and -1 aka false/true), just as some APIs use negative numbers in return values for more detailed error codes. If those values could just as well be valid results, you miss the opportunity to catch those glitches.

I'll test your new version tonight with log enabled, first another hour or so without LC (to get a reference), then another hour starting with a freshly installed 20130504 ... and, if necessary, another log once the script log turns bad again.

Last time I tried that though, the papyrus log reached 250MB+ (!!!) in less than an hour ... and you'd just released another update, making it a bit pointless to upload. Not that there'd be a point to 250MB logs anyway, it'd take days to open that file in an editor. biggrin.png

As for explaining "script lag" - it's really just that: a noticeable delay between triggering a scripted event and the actual resolution of the script. I usually notice it first by mining ore veins, when instead of immediately starting the mining animation it takes a couple of seconds to start ... or, if I don't disable the offending mod, up to minutes(!) between trigger and animation. But it effects all kinds of scripts, of course, not just mining (that's just the most easy one to notice), including all LC scripts themselves, of course.

Also, as I've changed the [payprus] settings in my skyrim.ini to allow for quite extensive resources used by scripts, once the script lag gets noticeable I'm also experiencing noticeable fps drop once most of the CPU is bogged down with bugged script calls.

At least that way one bugged mod doesn't totally drown out every other mod though, so it lessens the risk of catastrophic failures and savegame death.

Possible causes: your cleanup routines to keep SexiS working (fortunately that one won't be an issue for the SexLab version), the framework itself, or your quest scripts to monitor arousal levels and find potential rapists and love interests for the spouse. Probably in that order, and probably all of them to some extent. laugh.png

Well, anyway, I'll get back to you when I've got new results.