The positive thought thread.

On 12/2/2022 at 9:43 PM, Frafildur said:

I am trying, ok world. This year was a waste, but I am going to turn it around. I will take control of my life. I will find what I deserve. I will figure this shit out and find a way to shackle my inner demons for as long as possible.

Ever see the move A Beautiful Mind? It's about a mathematician guy who's got a mental thing going on. In his 30s he realized that his roommate from college, the roommates little sister and I think a mentor, he realized they never aged. IOW he figure out that they were hallucinations. 

Here's the point:

Once he realized what they were and what they represented, regardless of the drama they caused him, then he was able to deal with the real world. 

I've struggled with those kind of demons myself. I personally have found that shackling them is a fruitless effort. They're always going to escape. Burning more and more spirit to focus on control is giving more and more power to those things that you simply cannot control.

So . . . Let the demons be as free as they want. But you must know them and watch them because only then will you see them coming. Understand ahead of time where and when negativity may come, and prepare yourself for it, so that you can do what you need to do to work past it.

When you know what's coming, then you can live your life and follow your path with less and less interference.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2022 at 9:38 PM, landess said:

The human race is taking steps to try and avoid natures fury and our universal fate because we can.

I Positively think Man cannot control nature! Look at all the positive things listed that man has controlled over nature........

Etc.

Etc.

:wink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

сегодня хороший день. три моих котика живы и здоровы ,моя жена любит меня и в хорошем настроении. я слегка приболел ,но зато не надо на работу идти). прекрасно позавтракали с женой ,багетом с сыром и пирожками. в общем ,я в порядке ,хотя я и очень боюсь будущего.

иногда мне кажется ,что в этом мире всё кончится плохо ,но я в порядке ,пока что ,и это уже хорошо. но сотням тысяч людей ,мирных ни в чём не виновных людей ,сейчас очень плохо.. это из-за войны.

человек который это читает ,остановись на минуту ,задумайся ,вдруг ты можешь кому то помочь. и если можешь ,то обязательно помоги! только взаимовыручка ,сострадание и любовь ,спасут этот мир!

MAKE LOVE ,NOT WAR! 

• 1 month later...

Let's see.. inflation is way up, gas is way up, even though I have a job I like and I'm debt free, I would still probably be homeless if I didn't live with my mom, housing is very unaffordable, and NATO, Russia, and North Korea are trying to start WW3, like a bunch of idiot kids trying to set farts on fire or something "he he he, which one will ignite".

...Oh right, POSITIVE thought thread.. Ummm..

Life is good, yeah. ?

49 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

Let's see.. inflation is way up, gas is way up, even though I have a job I like and I'm debt free, I would still probably be homeless if I didn't live with my mom, housing is very unaffordable, and NATO, Russia, and North Korea are trying to start WW3, like a bunch of idiot kids trying to set farts on fire or something "he he he, which one will ignite".

...Oh right, POSITIVE thought thread.. Ummm..

Life is good, yeah. ?

The world is in bad shape, no doubt. But you and I, we're well off enough to come and have the time to enjoy ourselves up here. That's saying something. We have more to hope for than many others.

I do like your signature, though. Stop thinking about hope for a bit and walk with eyes open. Keep your wits about you and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I FINALLY learned how to fix outfit clipping in Bodyslide. I've been trying to do that for 3 years now and finally, thanks to the user Alessia Wellington (I don't know how to do that link thing with people's names), I finally know how to do it. Also, when my housemate got home from work, she asked me if I wanted to go out with her and I said yes. I know that's risky, seeing how I haven't known her that long, but this time around I'm going to be more careful with the relationship because last time I wasn't. But hey, first I learn how to do something that I've been wanting to know how to do, and now I'm dating again. Today has been a good day!

Edited by deadjester226

I taught my girlfriend, Kalyna, how to work out on a pole. That was awesome. I couldn't actually demonstrate anything, broken wrist still healing, but it was still nice because she was having fun. Kalyna is the sweetest thing ever. I just hope that there isn't anything else beneath the waves, like SOMEONE.

On 4/27/2023 at 10:42 AM, Vel W said:

The world is in bad shape, no doubt. But you and I, we're well off enough to come and have the time to enjoy ourselves up here. That's saying something. We have more to hope for than many others.

I agree.

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, 'wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them?' So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

-- Marcus, Babylon 5, "A Late Delivery from Avalon"

Well, it's a positive thought of a sort!

Just got back from the hospital. I went in to check on my broken wrist and the doc said that I should be good to go. I was expecting another week, but apparently not. He did advise to take it easy for another week just to be safe (I heal really fast and he knows that, but he just wants me to be careful), but now I can actually play games, instead of just taking screenshots or recording sexy videos in games. I can now begin on that SSE playthrough I've been wanting to do, and a week from now, I'll begin bladesmithing again.