[The Sims 3][Tutorial]Animation tutorial for KW or Passion

12 hours ago, lucas1i said:

sorry I never used passion once. i thought following above method also works for passion.

It does work for both. KW and passion.

But in case someone have created a new animations set, it need to be registered in passion on each game start or passion settings load if you saved it once registered.

But to less info about the problem.....

• 4 weeks later...

my bad! i forgot to add "</WoohooStage>" at the end in the text file.  Good thing you shared your files too. I have corrected the mistake and tested your animations they do show up now. here's the corrected file for download. i have made few with changes XML file so check it with your file for better understanding.

OKW_KinkyDoxianimations.package 

I must say animations are nice but they are misaligned. That can be resolved by moving 'b_Root' bone of female actor a bit once the animation is baked (don't save once animations is baked).

• 1 month later...

Thank you! I hope you come with some good animations set in the future. You just have to believe in yourself and try recreating animation from a video for starters.

3 hours ago, lucas1i said:

Thank you! I hope you come with some good animations set in the future. You just have to believe in yourself and try recreating animation from a video for starters.

I will for sure finish something but I want to take my time because creating an animation requires a lot of patience... I've reunited everything and all have to do is to get started. I think I've got to dig more about blender, and I'm following what other animators do here, MaryJane's topic is also great. I will for sure send You something one of these days ? stay well and best regards, full support Lucas and thanks again for everything and the lust of creating! 

• 3 months later...

A better video tutorial for creating animation.

Part I :- Creating Loop - Video Link

Blend File(Loop Pose):-exampleblend.zip

00:00-12:30 - Making a pose.

12:30-49:12 - Making loop of that pose.

Part II:- Adding Details - Video Link

Blend File(Added Details):-example2blend.zip

New Rigs:-newrigs.zip

I noticed I haven't turn on screen cast in the video. So here's the list of shortcuts to work faster.

Selection:-

A - Select/Deselect bones/keyframs.

B - Box Select (Left Click-Hold - to Select, Mouse Wheel-Hold - to deselect)

C- Circle Select  (Left Click - to Select, Mouse Wheel - to deselect) then press Right Click to confirm

Movement:-

G-Move a bone/KeyFrame  (G+X-Move on only X axis, G+Y-Move on only Y axis, G+Z-Move on only Z axis)

R-Rotate a bone  (R+X-Rotate on only X axis, R+Y-Rotate on only Y axis, R+Z-Rotate on only Z axis)

R(twice)- Rotate bone on 3rd axis.

Alt-G - Reset position of selected bone.

Alt-R - Reset rotation of selected bone.

Others:-

NumPad(1-Front View,3-Side View,7-Top View,9-Bottom View)

X- To Delete Stuff, eg, models, keyframes, etc.

H- Hide bones

Alt+H - Unhide bones

Edited by ghost-17a
  • 3 weeks later...

Updated Rigs with Breast Physics and Finger IK:-

rigwithbcont.zip

You don't have worry about animating breast now (not perfect and has it's flaws like, boobs look too squishy) and it's a bit easier animate fingers.

Will try to add a foot roll controller for foot later.

Edited by ghost-17a
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, rocks25235 said:

trouble loading the animations into KW

Made a new file with your animations and XML data (You will need to create STBL table again). KW detects this one. You forgot to delete the explanatory texts in the XML. Please check the OKW files if you want to make further changes.

Sorry, I have checked the animation. The animation is looking good but the action doesn't look like breast play.

kinkymoltenanimations.zip

Edited by ghost-17a
  • 2 weeks later...

@ghost-17a Thank you for the tutorial! It really helped me a lot while creating my first animations! But I still got some question marks.

1. I've seen that you've went from 'LocRot' to 'LocScale' on your newest animations, why?

2. For what and how do you use 'Copy Location'?

3. My Animations always look SO dry and when you animate, it really looks like they're banging while mine look a bit... meh.

4. May you take a look at my newest animation template and tell me what I can do better?

test.zip

8 hours ago, TakumiiSakura said:

May you take a look at my newest animation template and tell me what I can do better?

As much as for @ghost-17a to look at your animations, you should look at his... NOT in game, but in Blender. Click frame by frame and look at the dope sheet and the animation to see what he does that makes his animations so smooth. Check his frame rate and amount of movement of the armature from one frame to the next. ) 

Taking apart other creators meshes is one of the things I still do. ))) And hopefully ghost gets a chance to look at your animation.

38 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

As much as for @ghost-17a to look at your animations, you should look at his... NOT in game, but in Blender. Click frame by frame and look at the dope sheet and the animation to see what he does that makes his animations so smooth. Check his frame rate and amount of movement of the armature from one frame to the next. ) 

Taking apart other creators meshes is one of the things I still do. ))) And hopefully ghost gets a chance to look at your animation.

I already did it but I'm a pinhead, sometimes a bit too dumb to get things?? I've already learned a lot by his animations and I also LOVE how his animations look in blender AND in Game. But he does some things there that I couldn't figure out for myself or which I don't really understand. I want to learn like everything and want to improve myself to make create some pleasent animations for da peeps. Especially because I want to do something like this as a job^^

Meshing is a thing for me that I totally not understand and thanks :)