[The Sims 3][Tutorial]Animation tutorial for KW or Passion

How to create your own animations for KW or Passion:-

Hello guys & girls,

I know a lot of you out there want create your own animations for TS3. I know it maybe too late and there maybe lot of tutorial out there. But still... who knows if anyone finds this useful.

Many thanks to all people who made these mods possible❤️.

To visit my Sims 3 animations page Click Here.

Contents in or will be there in this tutorial  are:-

• The rigs I use for animations and a tutorial on creating a basic loop animations with it.
  • Supported objects/props list.
  • Adding sounds to your animations.
  • How to make Kinky*******Animations.package and OKW_Kinky*******Animations.package.
  • Creating .xml and .stbl files in  OKW_Kinky*******Animations.package.

Note:-

1.Pets animation will not be covered. 

2.Not all objects are supported by both mods.

Requirements:-

s3pe:-http://www.simlogical.com/s3pe.htm

s3oc:-http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUploadsRemote/uploads/190/index.htm or TSRW:-https://www.thesimsresource.com/workshop/

STBL editor:-https://modthesims.info/d/350777/ts3-stbl-editor.html

Blender 2.67:-https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.67/

The Sims Clip Tool(Blender Plugin):-https://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/download/

Modified Sims Rigs:- basicrigs.zip

Woohooable Object List:-

AdultMagicBroom

Bathtub
BedSingle
BedDouble

Bicycle

BoatSpeedBoat
BoatRowBoat
BoatSpeedFishingBoat
BoatWaterScooter

BrainEnhancingMachine

CarSports
CarExpensive1
CarExpensive2
CarHatchback
CarUsed1
CarUsed2
CarNormal1
CarVan4door
CarPickup2door
CarSedan
CarHighSocietyOpen
CarHighSocietyVintage
CarLuxuryExotic
CarLuxurySport

ChairLiving
ChairDining
ChairLounge
ChairSectional

CornerBathtub

CounterIsland
Counter

CrossWood            

Desk

Dollhouse

DoorSingle

Dryer

Easel

ExpensiveAdultBroom

FixerCar
FixerCar.FixerCarFixed

FenceRedwood_Gate        

Floor

Fridge

HauntedHouse

HotTub4Seated
HotTubGrotto

JungleGymTower

KissingBooth

Loveseat

MassageTable

ModerateAdultBroom

MotorcycleRacing
MotorcycleChopper

PicnicTable

Podium

Pot

PoolTable
PoolLadder

RockingChair

Rug

SaunaClassic

Scarecrow

ScienceResearchStation

SculptureFloorGunShow

SinkCounter
Sink    

Sofa
Shower
ShowerOutdoor

ShowerPublic_Dance
ShowerTub

SleepPodFuture

StockadeFurniture 

Stove

SwingSet

Sybian                               

TableEnd
TableDining1x1
TableDining2x1
TableDining3x1
TableCoffee
TableBar

Telescope

Toilet

ToiletStall

Urinal

Urnstone (Tombstone)

WashingMachine

Windows

WorkoutBench

Step 1 - Setting up Blender:

1. Once you have installed blender, open it. Go to Files ===> User Preferences. Click on Add-ons tab, then click on Install Add-on from file button. Navigate to the folder where you have kept that plugin file, ie, io_s3py_animation-1.xx.zip.

First

1.png.aa5221952420803b29cf209a5f983121.png

Second

2.png.8184d817881b84e4d85eaa8385b93c55.png

2.Select io_s3py_animation-1.xx.zip. and click Install Add-on from file button. Click on checkbox in front of Import-Export: S3PY Animations Tools and click on save User Settings and close the window.

First

3.png.746402ad57c06c2f0d50261e4a381327.png

Second

4.png.9a050ec411558da7f9bee46f2b69ce30.png

Step 2 - Creating your animation in Blender

1. Extract rig.zip file and open the blend file in Blender.

2. As shown in the image below, make sure and LocRot is selected in Active keyset box and record , keyframe button is active.

int1.png.3eb9bacedde1ca909f0c05cd86dd8db3.png

3.There are 5 major bones are used for animating which are highlighted in image below. One for torso, two for hand and two for legs.

b_ROOT_bind_ - for torso

lh.ik  - for left hand

rh.ik  - for right hand

lf.ik - for left leg

rf.ik - for right.leg

int2.png.19707acac44ddffb7b89fee49d176903.png

4.There are four bones which can be use to rotate your actors limbs.  They are marked in the image below. Each bone to use to rotate the limb it is connected to.

int3.png.8ecf6325a7311496c8082725349ad623.png

5.There are few bones that are used to rotate your actors palm or foot.

lhconst - for left palm

rhconst - for right palm

b__L_Foot_ - for left foot

b__R_Foot_ - for right foot

palm.png.d3b16c5fc6515d4d1334d6eea30984da.pngfoot.png.9404929360e0d0ea6940b3420f6eaa94.png

6.You can follow a little video tutorial here for better understanding the use.

Note:-

1.I'm really sorry for video quality. I'll upload a better video whenever it is possible for me.

2.Before baking animation, while pos mode press 'Alt+H' to unhide all bones. Then select the entire skeleton, then go to Pose ----> Animations ------> Bake Action... and press ok.(Make sure all options shown in the video are selected.)

animationmaking.zip

Step 3 - Exporting animations, creating package file, creating .xml,.stbl and adding sounds.

Exporting Animations : -

1.To export your finish animation, go to File ----> Export ------> select Sims 3 Animations(.animation).

exp1.png.444924e00617ed5b9debd4a6147789e6.png

2.In the name window, make sure you name the file in similar fashion to keep your animation name unique and avoid any error.

for Actor 1 - a_authorname_propname_positionA_01,  for eg, a_luc_floor_doggystyleA_01.

for Actor 1 - a_authorname_propname_positionB_01,  for eg, a_luc_floor_doggystyleB_01.

exp2.png.00ab241387cf0c515739d7a54568d0de.png

Creating Package Files : -

1. Open s3pe, select File----> New.

2. Click on Resources -----> Import -------> From file. Navigate to your animation folder and add those animations you exported from blender.

imanim.png.5417cbed63742067946205b12e5a84b0.png

3. Save file as 'kinky********animations'. For eg, for this tutorial I have save this package file as 'kinkytutorialanimations'. You should see kinkytutorialanimations.package, this file has all your animations.

4. Now we will create another package file, with which we can play those animations in game. Create new package file. Right click on the left side and select Add from the menu.

addxml.png.5ea8c4e15f7d973854fb2a566efc5d3a.png

5. In the details tab, select _XML 0x0333406C from drop down menu. Type 0x0 in group section. For name, simply type your animations name without '.package' (in my case 'kinkytutorialanimations') and click FNV64 so that instance value is automatically created. Press Ok and now you should have a xml file with the name of your animation file.

xmldet.png.ae8875474a7bee9c920a641a1fcd8f34.png

6.Right click on that xml file and select Notepad. Copy paste the code from text file below to your XML file and make necessary changes, then save.  Save your package file as okw_kinky********animations, ie, okw_kinkytutorialanimations for this tutorial. Before closing s3pe, copy your xml file name, ie, kinkytutorialanimations (it will be use as unique name for STBL files) and your animations key name, ie, kinkytutorialanimations.a_author_pos_01 (this string is used by STBL files). Close s3pe.

inc (1).txt

7.STBL file handles display name of your animations. To create STBL file open Easy STBL Manager software. Open your okw_kinky********animations file. Click on Add STBL. Use your XML file name (kinkytutorialanimation) as Unique Name for STBL ID then click on Add STBL.

8.Now to add display name of your animation, go to Add String tab. Paste the key (kinkytutorialanimations.a_author_pos_01) in Key Text to Hash box. In Displayed Text list, type your animations name as shown in the image. Click on Copy English to empty translations and click Add string. Now save the package.

Note:- You have to do step 8 for all animations or you will get wierd display name such as kinky******animations.a_author_xxxxx_01.

Adding Sounds : -

1.Open your animation package in s3pe. Select your animation and click on Grid.

grid.png.dbf01206bf668f29e026cb0f4a8343bc.png

2.In Data Grid window, click on the arrow near Event Section to Expand. Click on Events and then the three dots in front of it.

datagrid1.png.1b7a870cc0a809a40116232982380c5f.png

3.In another window, click and add and select Sound Event. Make changes as explained in the image below. Once you are happy with your change click Ok and press on Commit. Repeat the process for all animations then save your package file.

changes.png.20068770942c9efd9f735310c384f986.png

Note:- You can refer other animator packages for event/sound names.

THAT'S IT! All that is left, is to test your animations in-game.

11 hours ago, silverflash197 said:

thanks! will give this a try.

you can't! you are my personal animation tester. who will do your role then ??

guys, please redownload the rigs if you have downloaded before this post. that rig has some issue with the foot bone. i really apologize for the mistake. hope you enjoy making your own animations.

53 minutes ago, A random name said:

1. How many actors can be in a scene at once?

as far as i know you can add upto 6 actors for kw and 5 for passion.

53 minutes ago, A random name said:

2.  How would I make Bestiality animations

you can download rig for pets from here:-https://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/download/

i have rig for dog but it's hind legs are little complex and causing a bug. i haven't tried improving it yet but if i do that i will share the rig here.

20 hours ago, SimJMFan said:

Thank you so much for your tutorial. It looks so great. I will try to adapt some existing animations for CornerBathtub. But I do not know how to import CornerBathtub in Blender.

you can export corner bathtub package using s3oc or TSRW(plus, u need to have that EP or SP). once you have exported the package, open blender go to scene tab in properties panel. scroll down until you find s3py rig tools. click on load props and open the package file you just exported.

have fun making new animations.

I noticed your tutorial is supported by the version 2.79b. Maybe it would be a good idea to change the download link https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/.

I am little confuse with the rigs I should use. I used the one in basicrigs zip file. It work but it shows only male design even when I selected Female (i.e. picture1). I just wonder why the tutorial does not include the procedure to input The Sims Clip Tool(Blender Plugin) into Blender.

Thank you again for all your support to the community.

Cheers

3 hours ago, SimJMFan said:

I noticed your tutorial is supported by the version 2.79b. Maybe it would be a good idea to change the download link https://download.blender.org/release/Blender2.79/.

As far as I know you can use blender 2.79b for animating and for exporting animation as well. but whenever u want to import new objects such as  bed,chair,etc. it displays some error and doesn't import anything.

I am little confuse with the rigs I should use. I used the one in basicrigs zip file. It work but it shows only male design even when I selected Female (i.e. picture1). 

Incase you are not able to find female rig, there is a possibility that i have hidden it. To unhide it, do you see plus button near 'female' rig in the outliner. click on it and u should be able to see all meshes. disabled eye shaped icon to unhide them all. 

if you have problem animating try hiding the rig you are not working on by clicking on eye button next to it.

if there is any other issue, it has to wait until I return.

the tutorial does not include the procedure to input The Sims Clip Tool(Blender Plugin) into Blender.

it is there with the topic  STEP 1 - Setting up Blender.

Hope that will resolve all you doubts.

I guess I am missing something.

If I understand right, you still look on how to make the female visible on the rig what lucas provided above ?

If not, may be other people get stuck on that too. So see the screen shots below, you need to click on the small eyes besides the small arrow and the Photograph.......

By the way, it is the best rig I ever saw for sims 3. Need a little practice to get familiar with, but it is definitely worth to spend the time, I think.

Many thanks to Lucas !

pic-1.jpg

pic-2.jpg

Thank you very much Clide. It looks great. Unfortunately I am an absolute beginner in Blender. I am surfing on the web to watch others tutorial... By the way thank you for your Amra and L666 adaptations.

As soon as I will know better about blender I would adapt some anims to corner bath.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, SimJMFan said:

Thank you very much Clide. It looks great. Unfortunately I am an absolute beginner in Blender. I am surfing on the web to watch others tutorial... By the way thank you for your Amra and L666 adaptations.

As soon as I will know better about blender I would adapt some anims to corner bath.

Cheers

7 hours ago, SimJMFan said:

I would adapt some anims to corner bath.

Sorry to say, but if you would like to convert existing animations from -let's say- normal bath to the corner bath, I would recommend to use

rigs without predefined bone constrains. I.e. the normal or better, from buhudain. Even then it could be a real pain until you get a acceptable result.

Especially if you just start to get familiar with blender. Everything depend on how the animation once exported with S3PE from a package and imported into blender act if you let the animation play in blender. Some are good, some are really worse. In any case a time consuming work what need patience on try and error in blender until you get a good result. Today I would not go this way anymore but would do own animations using the rig Lucas provided here and follow his tutorial on how his rig works.....

26 minutes ago, A random name said:

how would I add the mesh for the animal dicks into blender?

assuming you are a KW user, you should have a file named 'ONIKI_Accessories.package' in your mods folder. in blender, select dog and go to scene tab. click on Load CAS to add that file and you should have all animals penis model imported. delete  the unnecessary ones.

On 10/14/2020 at 5:08 AM, Clydie said:

Sorry to say, but if you would like to convert existing animations from -let's say- normal bath to the corner bath, I would recommend to use

rigs without predefined bone constrains. I.e. the normal or better, from buhudain. Even then it could be a real pain until you get a acceptable result.

Especially if you just start to get familiar with blender. Everything depend on how the animation once exported with S3PE from a package and imported into blender act if you let the animation play in blender. Some are good, some are really worse. In any case a time consuming work what need patience on try and error in blender until you get a good result. Today I would not go this way anymore but would do own animations using the rig Lucas provided here and follow his tutorial on how his rig works.....

Damn it. I thought I would have only to change the coordonate xyz in blender...

Thank you to have warn be

• 1 month later...

rigs for pets are coming soon. they are not great but at least you can make decent animations like the ones i created.

Edited:-

Not gonna upload pets for rigs here. if anyone wants please pm me.

• 1 month later...

I don't know what i'm doing wrong but when I add the animations in game, it doesn't add anything. It still shows the same number of animations.

8.  ...In Displayed Text list, type your animations name as shown in the image.

Maybe there's the problem. There is no image in that step so I just add the name of my animations file, in your case "kinkytutorialanimations". I'm using Passion btw.

8 hours ago, FideoKojima said:

animations file, in your case "kinkytutorialanimations

The name for animations should be at least like this a_thennameA

a_ stand for adult and the A stand for actor A (the male) you set a B for the female.

Do you have created and KW and  OKW file so far ?

19 hours ago, FideoKojima said:

it doesn't add anything.

sorry I never used passion once. i thought following above method also works for passion.

If you could send me both of your KW and OKW file or screenshot of both files opened in s3pe, I might be able to figure out the issue.