Saints Row IV

Veta

From what I can tell it's the 3rd with super powers , They probably fucked it up too , judging by the difference between in quality of the 2nd and the 3rd , although I think they can still make it a good game , and Deep Silver published Risen (1) which is one of my favorite games of the current generation .

Well at least I hope I will be able to import my previous character , my "Boss" just like I wanted her too .

NSFW

vl06bPK.jpg

84C7HOu.jpg

Guest flingingfeces

Volition still seems to be developing the game and the trailer looked pretty sweet.  Not really sure I like the super power aspect of it,  but hey I thought the third game looked stupid until I played it and now it's one of my favorite games.

I never said Volition wasn't developing it ,I said Deep Silver is publishing it .

Although the 3rd may not have been a bad game it was certainly a worse game than the 2nd , it didn't really try as hard to excel in neither story nor gameplay , not to mention that 60% of the game was tutorial.

Me being a player who played all three, I cetainly must say it is very likely I am not buying the 4th one.

I used to like 90% of the Saints Row Community try to save that game.

Literally 90% of people did NOT want super powers and all this silly over the top stuff.

The majority wanted a good game like the first two with more realistic aspects to it.

Instead of listen to the REAL and Original fans what they did is listened to two spammers

(don't believe check Saintsrow.Coms archives)

These two people who I will not name spammed everytime they saw ANYTHING not agreeing with them wanting another (Meterpohically speaking) Saints Row the Third DLC as part 4 style game. (Back to facts) They would spam the heck out of the topic or poster. Kicking screaming and acting like a child (which it seems that is what they are catering too these days).

What makes me laugh is now the game who they were crying not to be like (since they let simple comments like GTA clone.. get to them) Forums are bashing the series even more and laughing at how they decided on changing the game and potentially ruining the franchise and certainly most of their core players are gone (like myself).

I think the only reason I would get the game and tbh was the thirds only selling point was playing an Open world game as a female, not many games give us that options. As we all know GTA is a sausage feast but they make solid games.

/Rant done

Sorry for the very rare rant but I really am saddened to see where this series has gone.

That is SR4? All that super power looked like from DLC trouble with clones...

Sadly I was hoping so too, but most hands point to them basically making part 4 Enter the Dominatrix which is basically a $20 DLC.

I am not shocked at this point cause it seems like that's more or less the directions this series wants to go. :(. I miss the first and 2nd one they had very high replay value to the point that I even play them till this very day.

Yeah, I'm not going to get suckered into a preorder, or even, you know, buying the piece of shit game, after the dissapointment that was saint's row the third. As far as I'm concerned, this game is completely off my radar. Bring back the saint's row 2 style of game, and I'll be all over that like a rapist on a school girl.

Yeah, I'm not going to get suckered into a preorder, or even, you know, buying the piece of shit game, after the dissapointment that was saint's row the third. As far as I'm concerned, this game is completely off my radar. Bring back the saint's row 2 style of game, and I'll be all over that like a rapist on a school girl.

You and me both mate!

I will do lime I did for he second one and that's take a vacation just to play it.

Nothing like a FULL open world game that's you can actually play your way and bash gangs that actually made sense and had their own stories. Gotta love non linear game play :D

I for my part enjoyed saints row 3 deeply especially it is concentrated nonsense and takes nothing serious at the least it self. I find this kind of refreshing because nowadays there are far to many games which take them self way to serious and not less fail thereby.

So I hope they will have many crazy and amusing ideas left for part 4

I for my part enjoyed saints row 3 deeply especially it is concentrated nonsense and takes nothing serious at the least it self. I find this kind of refreshing because nowadays there are far to many games which take them self way to serious and not less fail thereby.

So I hope they will have many crazy and amusing ideas left for part 4

Thing is that was the problem I had with it. It felt like it was all style, while Saints Row 2 balanced it beautifully.

Plus, I miss assaulting people with random objects.

Thing is that was the problem I had with it. It felt like it was all style, while Saints Row 2 balanced it beautifully.

Plus, I miss assaulting people with random objects.

I agree with you on the point of the in part 3 removed features. There are some in part 2 which would be nice to have

On the other point we may never reache a agreement :D  I appreciate that Volition goes now the opposite direction than rockstar with their gta serie. it's graete diverity which is always good and is the best way to ensure succes of their product when they don't compete with gta which is kind of futile i think.

luckily well have GTA 5 soon. I dare to say before SR 4. So in case this game sucks, we'll still have plenty to do on GTA.

Plus with GTA5 we get our planes back.

another reason why I preordered it. Now to wait till Sep 17. :(

luckily well have GTA 5 soon. I dare to say before SR 4. So in case this game sucks, we'll still have plenty to do on GTA.

Not on PC.

Anyway I'm buying new SR whaterer it will be.

Scenes like landing with tank in to swarm of zombie give me and my co-op parnter halirious moments ;)

But unfortunetly this new SR does like rip off of some dlc put together.

I wound't be suprised that they calling it new game only to charge full price for it and screw sesson pass owners :P

Sigh. I do not understand how they don't get that what made SR2 so great was the balance it had between taking itself seriously and whacky nonsense.

You know what happens when you do nonsense all the time? It becomes the norm, and then it becomes boring, and then you try to be whackier and whackier to keep up and all that happens is it becomes MORE boring.

The only reason I have any interest in this at all is that SR remains about the only sandboxy crimey game where you have the option to play as a female. *glares at Rockstar*

Well we will see what they will do with Saints row 4 but so far all we know that trailer for new SR 4 cointains materials from DLC that was planned for SR 3 but instead will be in SR 4

Also for me all this "Aliens attack and make weird copy of Steelport " just look like lazyness with "copy & paste " to avoid too much work. (Same city + more tweaks and done )

SR 4 still can be really good and crazy game but for now it looks more like content pack for SR3 not new standalone title.

Archived