Saints Row IV

Veta

Well they usually say cool things about the game to attract more people so I'm a bit skeptic about this "When you start playing it will feel like totally new Saints row "

For now it still looks like SR 3 + mods and those super powers are not making SR 4 "Must buy " title.

Super powers are cool but they are not as cool as shooting poop at the police station while fighting samurai and voodoo jamacians with katanas cool

SaintsRow2Tscr_003-large.jpg

I find the background of this game disconcerting too.

The Boss is the President? Really? Did we skip a game or three?

Virtual Steelport? Yeah cause that concept worked great for Superman 64 didn't it! What's the point of causing mayhem in a game within a game?

It's times like this I look back sadly on the fan ideas for the continuation of the story after SR2, like the obvious (at the time) of going after Dex. Yeah remember Dex? Apparently the developers don't.

Also I remember this idea of the Boss going out of control with too much power, and us playing another protagonist who has to ultimately take down the Saints. Both sound better  to me than this.

Virtual Steelport? Yeah cause that concept worked great for Superman 64 didn't it! What's the point of causing mayhem in a game within a game?

It's times like this I look back sadly on the fan ideas for the continuation of the story after SR2, like the obvious (at the time) of going after Dex. Yeah remember Dex? Apparently the developers don't.

Also I remember this idea of the Boss going out of control with too much power, and us playing another protagonist who has to ultimately take down the Saints. Both sound better  to me than this.

You know what's funny I am all for that Idea of another protagonist taking down the saints. As a matter a fact I VOTE for it to be done so, then maybe we can get rid of that silly gang and their silly antics (what they've become) and maybe they can make a good game again.  Sadly it seems like devs are not listening to their fans anymore ><.

For me it looks like when Deep Silver bough SR mark they wanted to release it as fast as possible with least effort so they could get at least some money back that they paid for Volition that's why DLC turned into new SR + "Weird copy of Steelport " = copy & paste.

If SR 4 will sell at least decent which it probably will since DLC was already done so they don't really have to pump any major cash into it, maybe then they will allow V to make new engine some normal (for SR standards ) story line etc.

You know what's funny I am all for that Idea of another protagonist taking down the saints. As a matter a fact I VOTE for it to be done so, then maybe we can get rid of that silly gang and their silly antics (what they've become) and maybe they can make a good game again.  Sadly it seems like devs are not listening to their fans anymore ><.

I vote for Grumpy Cat (ejem, me, the all mighty supreme commnander) as the new enemy and responsable for the saints fall down.

It is cute at least.

I still worry though because I LOVE the character creation in part 3 I cannot deny that. You can make a very cute character (though wish the clothing had more variety and layers)

But I always like Cat Girls I am a sucker for them xD.

This is how I play oblivon

[spoiler=Kind of adult content]

e927550643dc873f1ba87764c430cd4a49f760e5

*Salivates like a sick perv*

Well pretty sure that character creator will remain the same or maybe even they will put more nonsense into it :D

In SR3 It was possible to create Hulk Goblins or other monstrocities so maybe you will be able to create cat girls in SR 4 :D

It is cute at least.

I still worry though because I LOVE the character creation in part 3 I cannot deny that. You can make a very cute character (though wish the clothing had more variety and layers)

Does she have 3 heads? :P

It is cute at least.

Does she have 3 heads? :PHe he nope but the head I use does look very saints to row like xD

And I guess sex appeal is max much? Lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

yes, 3 was very weak next to SR2

Honestly, I thought 3 was better than 2 in so many ways.  Graphics, tongue in cheek humor, the way the plot didn't take itself nearly as serious and yet still tied together in a nifty little bow, plus the controls were more refined (yes, I'm talking about the PC versions, and I use keyboard and mouse), and the way they handled the super powers in the DLC makes me hungry to see what they're going to do in 4.  In fact, SR4 is the second game I've ever pre-ordered in my life, the first one being Skyrim.  This, combined with the announced mod tools and dev kit, omg... the possibilities of perversion are so abundant.

Archived