Saints Row IV

Veta

Being 100% honest, reusing Steelport was just incredibly lazy of them, and since it's where the majority of your time is spent doing all the sandbox stuff, it really wears on you.

That said, considering the quality of the story and all the amazing little touches like SAINTS OF RAGE and the text adventure and the all the throwbacks to older SR games, I can't sincerely say that the whole game is lazy. It's a goddamn blast is what it is, flaws and all.

My only other complaint is the story feels a bit short and the mission content is way too padded with sidequests.

Good for you, I already dislike this game and I even haven't played it - ha!

Yeah I can't quite figure out this reply.  Fear of the unknown I guess.

It's just the typical internet hate train.

Sorry oh omniscient one but you are wrong, I have the game, and I have something like 98% competition in it.

Of cores I could have it faster, if publisher wasn't full of shit and set world release date week later after USA release.

They didn't have to make new "graphic" so they should use this "money" to add more missions?

Don't think they had that much money for the production with THQ going broke during the development

I don't think that is the reason.

That said themselves that it supposed to be a DLC but it grown to "large"

Sorry guys but I just don't agree with the idea that re-using Steelport was "lazy" with a triple A industry that is spending ridiculous amounts of money on videogame development to the point that some publishers don't consider a game a success unless it makes Call of Duty money a developer reusing asserts in a manner that makes sense within the context of the game just seems like sound money management to me. At least they went out of there way to change the look and feel of the city with the blues and reds and the posters everywhere hammering in the Zin propaganda to try and break the boss. And the little things like the random glitches when walls go fuzzy and the pedestrians turn all "pixily" (for lack of a better word) And most of the main story missions don't even take place in Steelport. This isn't like Dragon Age 2 where I keep going in to the same damn cave/mine and the city doesn't change over a course of ten years.

I's not flawless or anything. It feels a bit schizophrenic at times what with the near pointless of cars and homies. Honestly the only time I used a car was when I wanted to keep a homie nearby and not just leave them in the dust and even then there only real use is as a distraction in combat.

Although when they get super powers at the least the main gang can hold there own.

And it still has that bad trait from Saints Row 3 where the side missions are just the activities stringed together. (still at least it's just the side missions that are like that unlike in SR3) It feels shorter then SR3 but looking at the amount of time played I spent about 24 hours in SR3 while I'm at 30 hours for SR4 (although I don't think I'm at as a high a completion level for SR3 as 4. I just prefer to do the story and quest stuff).

(snip for cleanliness)

Sorry oh omniscient one but you are wrong, I have the game, and I have something like 98% competition in it.

Of cores I could have it faster, if publisher wasn't full of shit and set world release date week later after USA release.

They didn't have to make new "graphic" so they should use this "money" to add more missions?

Don't think they had that much money for the production with THQ going broke during the development

Slightly later release date for other countries has become standard practice for US developers, due in part to localization, as well as the different release day traditions for entertainment titles.  Generally, in the US, games and movies are released on Tuesdays, while a little research tells me that they come out on Fridays in the UK.  

(snip for cleanliness)

Slightly later release date for other countries has become standard practice for US developers, due in part to localization, as well as the different release day traditions for entertainment titles.  Generally, in the US, games and movies are released on Tuesdays, while a little research tells me that they come out on Fridays in the UK.  

Deep Silver is a German company.

(snip for cleanliness)

Deep Silver is a German company.

Yes, but Volition is a US company, and as I stated before, in the US, the traditional entertainment release date is Tuesday.  No clue why it unlocked earlier for us on Steam, though.

The release delay in Europe or other regions is a anachronism of the days where only physical copys of movies, games etc that simply needed time for shipping. existed, but today with digital copys and overall a faster international disruption it is a littel annoying unnecessity.

Except for people who buy the copies physically.  The logic is it wouldn't be fair to them if other people got it early by buying it online.

If it's a new game I make every attempt to buy it in a store - I'm not shelling out full retail price and getting none of the packaging and shipping that full retail price covers.

it's a fun game but the super powers do make a lot of things redundant.

why steal cars? you can virtually fly or run everywhere.

the only time i needed my homies was when i failed a lock picking and got po-po up the ass.

the goofy weapons were kind of lame, dubstep gun? never used it, barely used any of my weapons really. i just played superman and beat stuff with my fists!

by the way i'd advise not getting the tornado addon for your run speed ability... that thing is a huge pain in the ass on some of the missions.  you have to chase shit down and you have a good chance of blowing your target away from your blow back.  i failed a mission once because of it.

i like the game though! lots of fun!  it's the first game in a while that i kept going "i'll play for another minute..."  later i look up and 3 hours went by.

games don't have to be super linear or structured to be good, they are for fun after all.

edit:also i loved the intro to the game, nothing like starting off on a badass note to really rev up the awesome absurdity.

i don't care what people say, i really enjoyed armageddon, and spoofing it make the game even better.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

this game

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Having a little trouble acclimating to the superpowered gameplay after coming from so much SR3. I miss the older gameplay, but at the same time I really like this new superpower stuff, especially when fighting other superpowered villains.

And Zinyak may be my favorite villain ever.

Keith David: "You just killed seven billion people."

Zinyak: "Whoops."

dude any alien villain who reads pride and prejudice over the radio and does all the voices is awesome!

even though zinyak thinks of humans as one step from swinging from trees, he still loves the bard.

Steelport kinda sucks that's part of why I'm waiting for a sale to get the game. It also doesn't make any sense storywise. Why would the simulation be of Steelport? :lol: Is that covered in the game somewhere? It should be of Stillwater or somewhere entirely new right? (I'm strictly talking from a story standpoint here not refering to the real world reasons.)

Steelport kinda sucks that's part of why I'm waiting for a sale to get the game. It also doesn't make any sense storywise. Why would the simulation be of Steelport? :lol: Is that covered in the game somewhere? It should be of Stillwater or somewhere entirely new right? (I'm strictly talking from a story standpoint here not refering to the real world reasons.)

I don't think it's ever really addressed, but if you want to look at it as Zinyak using the boss's deepest fears against him/her, then Steelport could be seen as a nightmarish land to the boss?

I don't mind Steelport, honestly.  It's got enough diversity within it to keep from feeling too homogenous from edge to edge.  I do wish there were more indoor areas to go in, but I can kind of understand why they didn't do that.  It does have that generic big-city-with-some-buroughs feel, which is unfortunate, but they didn't model it off any real city, so there's no real world charm there.

For this game you are asking the wrong questions :lol:

for those who understand french :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT33yiWfeaM

Like this guy said, this game is just a Saints Row the Second Third lol...

For those who don't :

Just don't buy the game for obvious reasons :

- This game was supposed to be the biggest Addon for Saints Row the Third.

- Developpers are way too lazy, everything takes place on the SAME MAP as in Saints Row 3 (NO CHANGES)

- Cars & guns are useless since you get your powers way too quickly, making the game easy mode.

- Some guns are just overpowered (oneshotting everything).

- No day & Night cycle since there's just this big wallpaper in the sky during all the game.

- Lots of glitches/bugs.

Or if you want it, wait for it to be priced at 10$ at least, hell the price on this game is a joke for the work done on it. Check the official forums also, people are disgusted by the lazyness of the developpers to get a few bucks :-/

For those who don't :

- Developpers are way too lazy, everything takes place on the SAME MAP as in Saints Row 3 (NO CHANGES)

- Cars & guns are useless since you get your powers way too quickly, making the game easy mode.

- No day & Night cycle since there's just this big wallpaper in the sky during all the game.

- Lots of glitches/bugs.

Or if you want it, wait for it to be priced at 10$ at least, hell the price on this game is a joke for the work done on it. Check the official forums also, people are disgusted by the lazyness of the developpers to get a few bucks :-/

Let me tell you something, I don't care.

I had a great fun time doing stupid things in a game for a change.

If anyone is considering buying it, hold for a few days. ATM game is broken because of last patch that introduced new cosmetic dlc 3 day ago, and patch* is nowhere to be seen.

*New patch to fix previous patch lol

Edit:

Update, it is fixed now.

For those who don't :

- Lots of glitches/bugs.

Actually originally it was supposed to be a stand alone expansion. Not an addon or a dlc

No day & night cycle is a reason the game is bad? That sounds like something  one would say in a parody of nerd rage. also when you beat the game you can control the time of day in the simulation that says to me that the exclusion of the day/night cycle was a stylistic choice since the point of the simulation is to break the boss.

Although the car complaint is legit. The only reason to use cars is if you don't want to just leave gang members in the dirt.

However how can you say in one point that the guns are useless then have the very next point be that some guns

are overpowered? Which is it numb-nuts? Are the guns OP or are they useless. I didn't experience many bugs personally except that weird audio log one where it plays an audio log when you log in. Oh yeah no changes to Steelport except they just re-textured the whole thing added in all those towers as well

For those who don't :

- Lots of glitches/bugs.

Actually originally it was supposed to be a stand alone expansion. Not an addon or a dlc

No day & night cycle is a reason the game is bad? That sounds like something  one would say in a parody of nerd rage. also when you beat the game you can control the time of day in the simulation that says to me that the exclusion of the day/night cycle was a stylistic choice since the point of the simulation is to break the boss.

Although the car complaint is legit. The only reason to use cars is if you don't want to just leave gang members in the dirt.

However how can you say in one point that the guns are useless then have the very next point be that some guns

are overpowered? Which is it numb-nuts? Are the guns OP or are they useless. I didn't experience many bugs personally except that weird audio log one where it plays an audio log when you log in. Oh yeah no changes to Steelport except they just re-textured the whole thing added in all those towers as well

Some guns are OP (really, a few of them), don't tell me you will use a pistol since you can do way better without it even in CQC.

The complaint about the day/night cycle is mainly because it makes the environment static and therefore boring after a while. And you know, retexturing something isn't that hard honestly. It's obvious the devs didn't put much effort in the game. It's not the first time I see developpers retexturing something and say : "hey this is a brand new thing, get it for 50EUR".

Even if I think it might be fun, to be honest the price truly doesn't fit the quality of this game. Especially if you have played SR3, SR4 have the same problems : no replay mission and so on. The same problems are here.

The devs obviously don't listen to their customers and they don't even put  much time and effort in their game. Hell compare this game to SR2, it's just a downgrade since SR3.

(Snip)

Some guns are OP (really, a few of them), don't tell me you will use a pistol since you can do way better without it even in CQC.

The complaint about the day/night cycle is mainly because it makes the environment static and therefore boring after a while. And you know, retexturing something isn't that hard honestly. It's obvious the devs didn't put much effort in the game. It's not the first time I see developpers retexturing something and say : "hey this is a brand new thing, get it for 50EUR".

Even if I think it might be fun, to be honest the price truly doesn't fit the quality of this game. Especially if you have played SR3, SR4 have the same problems : no replay mission and so on. The same problems are here.

The devs obviously don't listen to their customers and they don't even put  much time and effort in their game. Hell compare this game to SR2, it's just a downgrade since SR3.

SR2 was horrible... Serious gangsta plot mixed in with random bits of humor that felt like a clown crashing a funeral...

Not to mention the PC controls were... ewwwww... Hell no.  3 and 4 were huge steps up, my big disappointment is they didn't really leave sequel room in the ending.  That and I can't fly -.-

Been busy playing this SR4, i know its not really different from SR3 but hell its always fun and madness when it comes with Saints Row with all the ridiculous gameplay and missions. Level 24 right now and i do use lots of mod from SaintsRowMods. Like can customize any vehicle and wardrobe colour, intensive hardcore mod, nude patch + sexy stocking, disable super power glow (i love these), one call all homies come to help etc are really made the game much more fun.

all i wish right now is there will be a mod that can toggle off/on of superpower or ported first person driving mod from SR3.

For those who don't :

- Lots of glitches/bugs.

tbh I tend to go for head shots since I'm using a mouse maybe thats way I don't feel any weakness in the guns well except the pistols, there pretty crap although in most of these types of games pistols usually are crap. Again disagree on the day/night cycle I feel they were going for a tone and if that failed to register with you, well thats all. It just didn't click so fair enough (I'm assuming you have played it and aren't just parroting opinions you've seen on Youtube.) Also nearly all the main story missions don't take place in the simulation so they have put some work in to it. Lazy I feel is frankly far too strong a term to be knocked at Saints Row 4, I know lazy, Superman 64 is lazy, Ride to Hell: Retribution is lazy (and even then I don't like using the term).

Hey don't get me wrong if you don't think it's worth the money, then hey, fine opinions and all that. it just felt you were regurgitating someone else's opinion from Youtube because reasons. So long as your thinking then all is good.

Archived