Saints Row IV

Veta

Mods won't work. My understanding is they've changed the set up a bit so they're not directly compatible but it's not that different so the same stuff can be made to work without much trouble.

They're making a dev kit just for modding... You'll be able to mod just about every part of the game, if the press releases are to be believed.

Oh I know. I was talking about converting existing things since he asked about a SR 3 mod.

I finally was able to get around to messing with the SR"TT mod and dropping the files into the main directory causes the game to crash.  So they at least do something.  Putting them into the PC subdirectory does nothing.  I'm not sure how long it will take Volition to release the mod tools as they stated they intend to release for SR:TT first as a test bed.  Plus, the devs working on this are doing i more of on their own, so it could be a while just due to how busy they are.

I'm so tired of this bullshit.

Pre-Load Date: Friday, August 16th, 2013
North and South America Official Game Release Date: Monday, August 19th, 2013 at 9 PM PDT
Rest of the World Official Game Release Date: Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 at 3 PM PDT

In Europe we pay for it more, we get it later. Nice.

And to make it funnier, Deep Silver is owned by Koch media which is a German company.

North and South America Official Game Release Date: Monday, August 19th, 2013 at 9 PM PDT

Rest of the World Official Game Release Date: Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 at 3 PM PDT

And to make it funnier, Deep Silver is owned by Koch media which is a German company.

o.O What?  They changed the release day?

It WAS the 20th O.o

o.O What?  They changed the release day?

It WAS the 20th O.o

Oh, it is old data I think - steam says 23 on me, fuck(fan)tastic. I'm overjoyed.

*previous data was taken from gamefly

Another funny thing that season pass unlock on 20 lol. Yes sell me dlc when I don't have access to fucking game.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

this game

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Having a little trouble acclimating to the superpowered gameplay after coming from so much SR3. I miss the older gameplay, but at the same time I really like this new superpower stuff, especially when fighting other superpowered villains.

And Zinyak may be my favorite villain ever.

Keith David: "You just killed seven billion people."

Zinyak: "Whoops."

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

this game

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Having a little trouble acclimating to the superpowered gameplay after coming from so much SR3. I miss the older gameplay, but at the same time I really like this new superpower stuff, especially when fighting other superpowered villains.

And Zinyak may be my favorite villain ever.

Zinyak is by far one of my favorite villains I've had the pleasure of going against.  He has a certain charm and panache that just exudes well written (so far).  Hopefully that holds up to the end and he doesn't come across as a complete Saturday morning cartoon villain.

My one pet peeve so far has been a voice actor issue:

Why was Cyrus Temple not voiced by his old actor?

Zinyak is by far one of my favorite villains I've had the pleasure of going against.  He has a certain charm and panache that just exudes well written (so far).  Hopefully that holds up to the end and he doesn't come across as a complete Saturday morning cartoon villain.

Anyway, finished up the game 17hrs in total with most of everything done except challenges.  Damned fun game, some people will be no doubt upset at it because it's "not SR2 or SR3" but, that's tough for them.  I enjoyed the hell out of the game, and I have to agree Zinyak is great...especially the taunts and other super fun stuff that pop up in the game.

Anyway, finished up the game 17hrs in total with most of everything done except challenges.  Damned fun game, some people will be no doubt upset at it because it's "not SR2 or SR3" but, that's tough for them.  I enjoyed the hell out of the game, and I have to agree Zinyak is great...especially the taunts and other super fun stuff that pop up in the game.

Good for you, I already dislike this game and I even haven't played it - ha!

Good for you, I already dislike this game and I even haven't played it - ha!

It's like a dream come true for me.  Dunno what your problem with it is :-P

They should have called it Saints Row: City of Heroes Crossover.  All the powers look the same.

I was fortunate enough to not have gotten sucked into any of the super hero mmo's.  Played champions once or twice, played DC Universe for a fair bit of time, but other than that.  I think SRIV pulls the power system off quite nicely.

I finished the game today, and started a new game to replay the opening:

It's obviously Tom in the later missions involving Kinsie, but I swear the VA for him at the beginning just sounds like the wrong VA.

Well, it would be great as addon but simply there is not enough content to call it SR 4...

It took me around 30 hours to play through completely, and that's consecutive long running sessions, not to mention the upcoming DLC and the dev kit.  Methinks there's tons more content that will be coming.  But the base game, I don't see how you can say there's "not enough content" unless you're comparing it to Skyrim or Oblivion standards.

Well, it would be great as addon but simply there is not enough content to call it SR 4...

It took me around 30 hours to play through completely, and that's consecutive long running sessions, not to mention the upcoming DLC and the dev kit.  Methinks there's tons more content that will be coming.  But the base game, I don't see how you can say there's "not enough content" unless you're comparing it to Skyrim or Oblivion standards.

I'm comparing it to SR3, not mentioning reused map,  there was shit load of indoor missions or enterable buildings/safe houses.

Side missions are just action missions with some voice over.

I bet that 20h from your gemeplay comes from those "side missions" enter virus here, disrupt the system there.

As far as content goes SR3 had it like 80% more.

But I love that they made faction clothes available to player .

I'm comparing it to SR3, not mentioning reused map,  there was shit load of indoor missions or enterable buildings/safe houses.

I bet that 20h from your gemeplay comes from those "side missions" enter virus here, disrupt the system there.

actually about 10 hours of it was getting drunk and playing with my powers >.>  But yeah.  Sneaking suspicion they made most of the missions outdoors so you could take full advantage of your powers.  

It took me 23 h to beat SR IV with 93% complition, for SR III I needed 26-30h. So yeah it is a bit shorter. But you have to consider that due to the super power you spend traveling around the city is muc faster and you spend less time with it.

But I think the main storsy is not that much shorter then in the III part, I would estimate your missin maximum an hour there. Therefor are missions are more varied (what surly take a lot of time to create the new game play mechincs and graphics) and most of them are realy funny. Also the side a more varid compared to the III.

So after finishing it I think the full price justified.

I bought a 360 back in the day to play SR 1 and after playing through all of them, I have to say this is hands down my favorite. It's just sheer fun to play around and it truly feels like a sandbox experience. 

Zinyak is an awesome villain and the game is full of awesome moments like a spoof of Streets of Rage. 

Anyone saying this should be an expansion is clearly following the usual internet bandwagon and hasn't actually played the game.

Archived