Saints Row IV

Veta

In all honesty, I think people that are complaining about 3 is kind of missing the point of it. Yes, it was crap in comparison to the previous Saints Row if you look at it through rose-tinted glasses. However, I thought that Saints Row 2 was just another GTA wannabe and let's not forget that the original Saints Row WAS a GTA clone. Period. 3 was probably a breath of fresh air, a sense of craziness that gamers needed in a sense. However, it was completely unfinished given both the content and as well the extra DLCs attached to it no thanks to THQ.

I had Saints Row 4 pre-ordered and sticking to it despite it being a low-violence version given how things are in Australia. But I have no qualms I'll be enjoying this despite the removed and watered down content in a sense.

In all honesty, I think people that are complaining about 3 is kind of missing the point of it. Yes, it was crap in comparison to the previous Saints Row if you look at it through rose-tinted glasses. However, I thought that Saints Row 2 was just another GTA wannabe and let's not forget that the original Saints Row WAS a GTA clone. Period. 3 was probably a breath of fresh air, a sense of craziness that gamers needed in a sense. However, it was completely unfinished given both the content and as well the extra DLCs attached to it no thanks to THQ.

I had Saints Row 4 pre-ordered and sticking to it despite it being a low-violence version given how things are in Australia. But I have no qualms I'll be enjoying this despite the removed and watered down content in a sense.

I get the point of SR3. Trust me. I get it pretty damn well. It hits you over the head with a giant purple dildo bat until you get it. And then it just keeps whacking away regardless.

I'm also one of those who prefer the new direction that Saints Row is taking. If I wanted to play GTA, I'd just play GTA. I appreciate an over the top, open world game that doesn't take itself seriously.

Plus let's not forget that they have announced that they intend to release mod tools for it as well.

I love SR3 better than I did 2, actually.  Didn't like the control setup in 2, ruined the whole thing for me.  Too console-centric, not very keyboard/mouse friendly at all.

Yeah, if you played SR2 on PC you have a valid complaint. It was a horrible port job. It really is a console-first game. So if you can't enjoy it on Xbox or PS3 I can see where you wouldn't have a high opinion of it. The User Metacritic scores also reflect this more than just about any other game I've seen. If you compare console versions though, SR2 is vastly superior.

I don't do consoles anymore.  I've had multiple consoles crap out on me, both x-box 360 and PS3 alike.  In fact, my latest PS3 had its blu ray drive burn out so I just said fuck it.  There's not many console games I actually enjoy for it anyway that aren't on PC, and I don't like controllers, either, they feel so limited and clunky to me.  I'm also not a fan of the GTA series, only one I actually liked was Vice City, and 2 felt too close to it, with random spurts of humor thrown in that just felt out of place, while 3 was a great crazy ride all the way through, and for those who didn't like the way Gat died, what the hell?  He died in an epic moment of heroism.  How else would you kill off such a great character?  Heart attack on the shitter?

skyrim adult mod, body mod, realistic bouncy mod, and i'll tell u this

if only SR 2 and 3 have it they'll be rivaled with bethesda elder scroll saga ~

Did you just said that if SR2-3 have sex mods it would be better than the Elder Scroll series? Wow....

and for those who didn't like the way Gat died, what the hell?  He died in an epic moment of heroism.

He died offscreen. And the plane didn't even explode or anything, it just kept going with Gat dead on it. It was the opposite of a heroic death, it was a pointless and idiotic death done for no real reason and in a completely unsatisfying way.

I've never even played another Saints Row game and I could see how awful what they did to Gat was.

EDIT: Anyway about SR4. I have no doubts that it will be a fun ride, and with mod tools, it can only get better. What soul the game might have had pre-SR3 is long gone, but what's left is still a damn fine piece of entertainment that asks nothing more than to be taken at face value. It's a game that wants to be fun, and succeeds.

and for those who didn't like the way Gat died, what the hell?  He died in an epic moment of heroism.

He died offscreen. And the plane didn't even explode or anything, it just kept going with Gat dead on it. It was the opposite of a heroic death, it was a pointless and idiotic death done for no real reason and in a completely unsatisfying way.

I've never even played another Saints Row game and I could see how awful what they did to Gat was.

EDIT: Anyway about SR4. I have no doubts that it will be a fun ride, and with mod tools, it can only get better. What soul the game might have had pre-SR3 is long gone, but what's left is still a damn fine piece of entertainment that asks nothing more than to be taken at face value. It's a game that wants to be fun, and succeeds.

I agree with Gat's death being bullshit, I too hadn't played another Saints game prior to the Third, but I knew Gat was someone important and having him die off screen with only hearing the gunfire killing him and not seeing what happened to the plane after (most likely landed fine), it's just not how you kill someone off that was a major character in the two games before it. The whole clone DLC was pretty dumb on a whole, didn't even get to keep the bee gun..

The way it's going in Aus, the less likely that it'll be that I'll end up buying SR4, which is damned dissapointing, considering it looks like a blast to play

If you're referring to the bullshit that was stirred up by removed content and as well our versions being incompatible with other countries, then that gets a meh by me.

Removed content, big deal. The anal probe gun wasn't going to be my weapon. Sure, it's funny but still, going round and smashing a dildo into the arse of people is really pushing it. Heck, I wouldn't be comfortable about it. And the removed mission where you get drugs and get more POWAAH, so what? Does it make any fucking sense? No. But in the context of the game, it's a big fucking waste.

And playing with other people, that's a problem since our country is hobbled by 1950 tech when the rest of the world is up to 2000 tech.. Honestly, I mostly play with the local guys more than my friends overseas since the ping is horrendous. 

All in all, these are the things people miss when they should be happy we got the fucking game at all. If this was under our previous guidelines, we wouldn't be able to buy the thing at all...

The way it's going in Aus, the less likely that it'll be that I'll end up buying SR4, which is damned dissapointing, considering it looks like a blast to play

If you're referring to the bullshit that was stirred up by removed content and as well our versions being incompatible with other countries, then that gets a meh by me.

Removed content, big deal. The anal probe gun wasn't going to be my weapon. Sure, it's funny but still, going round and smashing a dildo into the arse of people is really pushing it. Heck, I wouldn't be comfortable about it. And the removed mission where you get drugs and get more POWAAH, so what? Does it make any fucking sense? No. But in the context of the game, it's a big fucking waste.

And playing with other people, that's a problem since our country is hobbled by 1950 tech when the rest of the world is up to 2000 tech.. Honestly, I mostly play with the local guys more than my friends overseas since the ping is horrendous. 

All in all, these are the things people miss when they should be happy we got the fucking game at all. If this was under our previous guidelines, we wouldn't be able to buy the thing at all...

I was referring to when it was denied in Aus, I couldn't care less about the probe gun, would probably use a few times, but not something I'd use often, cutting out a side mission, which makes your powers stronger, again don't really care about it. I'm glad that it is getting released here, considering the crap it's been though

Video of Saints Row 4, behind a spoiler tag cause this will spoil some of the jokes in Saints Row 4. No gameplay ( or at least not much)

Your old pal Jim Sterling shows off the romance options of Saints Row 4

I'll be honest, I did laugh quite a bit.

Video of Saints Row 4, behind a spoiler tag cause this will spoil some of the jokes in Saints Row 4. No gameplay ( or at least not much)

Your old pal Jim Sterling shows off the romance options of Saints Row 4

I'll be honest, I did laugh quite a bit.

Love the game already >:'D

Mods won't work. My understanding is they've changed the set up a bit so they're not directly compatible but it's not that different so the same stuff can be made to work without much trouble.

They're making a dev kit just for modding... You'll be able to mod just about every part of the game, if the press releases are to be believed.

SR3 was a huuuge disappointment for me. The direction took with the story was pretty annoying. The way they kill off Gat was rushed and lazy (because his voice actor was moving on to the Hawaii five-0 remake instead of just giving him a new voice actor). Instead of having 4 main story arcs (3 gangs and 1 final one) we get one big one meshed together with zero control on how to progress. The city is dull and uninspired. It's like they just made a generic city and put neon lights everywhere.

Even with all that watering down, I could have forgiven it if they didn't water down the character creation and clothing system. Taking away clothing layers set the game way back. They downgraded a system that was ahead of many other games.

SR4 just looks like SR3.1, not even 3.5. I just downloaded the Inauguration Station and there's barely any new clothing. Maybe 10 pieces or so. the rest is just most (but not all) the clothing from SR3 and the SR3 DLC clothing, which is pretty sad. I definitely wont be getting this game at full price. I'll way a year or two and then get it on a steam sale for 5-12 dollars. Those that started with SR2 for the most part feel this way too. SR3 just improved on the graphics (sort of, it's a matter of opinion but I found SR3 to look too cartoony, just look at all the character's bulging eyes) but not much else. Those that started with SR3 and never bothered with SR2 may not feel the same way.

With all that said. the addition of super powers sounds okay, but it also shows why the game devs didn't let you keep the powers that were in SR3. By denying players the ability to free roam with the powers, that probably enables them to tempt more people with the 4th game. Anyway, SR3 isn't a bad game, it's just a huge step back. And SR4 looks zero progression and just more of the same as SR3. I guess we'll see when it comes out. What I'm mostly curious about is the 5th game that's rumored to be about a different group of saints. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they made it take place 1,000 years in the future and have it take places on a space station or something super goofy like that.

SR3 was a huuuge disappointment for me. The direction took with the story was pretty annoying. The way they kill off Gat was rushed and lazy (because his voice actor was moving on to the Hawaii five-0 remake instead of just giving him a new voice actor). Instead of having 4 main story arcs (3 gangs and 1 final one) we get one big one meshed together with zero control on how to progress. The city is dull and uninspired. It's like they just made a generic city and put neon lights everywhere.

Even with all that watering down, I could have forgiven it if they didn't water down the character creation and clothing system. Taking away clothing layers set the game way back. They downgraded a system that was ahead of many other games.

SR4 just looks like SR3.1, not even 3.5. I just downloaded the Inauguration Station and there's barely any new clothing. Maybe 10 pieces or so. the rest is just most (but not all) the clothing from SR3 and the SR3 DLC clothing, which is pretty sad. I definitely wont be getting this game at full price. I'll way a year or two and then get it on a steam sale for 5-12 dollars. Those that started with SR2 for the most part feel this way too. SR3 just improved on the graphics (sort of, it's a matter of opinion but I found SR3 to look too cartoony, just look at all the character's bulging eyes) but not much else. Those that started with SR3 and never bothered with SR2 may not feel the same way.

With all that said. the addition of super powers sounds okay, but it also shows why the game devs didn't let you keep the powers that were in SR3. By denying players the ability to free roam with the powers, that probably enables them to tempt more people with the 4th game. Anyway, SR3 isn't a bad game, it's just a huge step back. And SR4 looks zero progression and just more of the same as SR3. I guess we'll see when it comes out. What I'm mostly curious about is the 5th game that's rumored to be about a different group of saints. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they made it take place 1,000 years in the future and have it take places on a space station or something super goofy like that.

SR3 was far better than two in my eyes.  2's story was a serious plot that seemed like a GTA ripoff with the comedy just kind of thrown in there in a way that felt disjointed.  3 was straight tongue in cheek, the whole way through.  It was Spaceballs to GTA's Star Wars.  That and the controls for 2 were shamefully bad (I play on PC.  No I will not buy console.)  Now, as far as the way Gat died... There's a reason for it that I'm gonna put in a spoiler tag.  

CAUTION: SPOILER

Gat's not dead.

All of the preview videos I've watched have made me glad I pre-ordered it, and anyone who's getting it for PC is welcome to coop with me :)

SR3 was far better than two in my eyes.  2's story was a serious plot that seemed like a GTA ripoff with the comedy just kind of thrown in there in a way that felt disjointed.  3 was straight tongue in cheek, the whole way through.  It was Spaceballs to GTA's Star Wars.  That and the controls for 2 were shamefully bad (I play on PC.  No I will not buy console.)  Now, as far as the way Gat died... There's a reason for it that I'm gonna put in a spoiler tag.  

CAUTION: SPOILER

Gat's not dead.

All of the preview videos I've watched have made me glad I pre-ordered it, and anyone who's getting it for PC is welcome to coop with me :)

About the spoiler:

Are you sure about that? I once read that he definitely is dead, though he probably will show up in one of the nightmares the Saits have to be freed from.

Mods won't work. My understanding is they've changed the set up a bit so they're not directly compatible but it's not that different so the same stuff can be made to work without much trouble.

They're making a dev kit just for modding... You'll be able to mod just about every part of the game, if the press releases are to be believed.

Oh I know. I was talking about converting existing things since he asked about a SR 3 mod.

(Snip)

About the spoiler:

Are you sure about that? I once read that he definitely is dead, though he probably will show up in one of the nightmares the Saits have to be freed from.

Well they've showed him alive and kicking in a few of the recent SR4 videos, including the one a few posts back, if you watched it.

(Snip)

About the spoiler:

Well they've showed him alive and kicking in a few of the recent SR4 videos, including the one a few posts back, if you watched it.

I haven't saw the video. But as mentioned he still could be dead, even if he shows up in one of those alternate realities that you have to play through to save your mates.

(Snip)

About the spoiler:

I haven't saw the video. But as mentioned he still could be dead, even if he shows up in one of those alternate realities that you have to play through to save your mates.

Did you really think, that he would die like that? I mean he is Johnny fuckin Gat.

+

SPOILERCEPTION

The voiceactor of the big alienendboss is the same guy that spoke Laurent in SR The Third. Thinking about what kind of tech the syndicate had and what kind of tech the alians must have, there is always the chance of resurrection.

Archived