Oh, nevermind then. I will just have to believe in myself. 1 other question though. If i have downloaded http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/10724/?do i still have to do the Step 4 of the installation?

YES!!!!

You also need to delete what you have installed.  That version of archive invalidation is old and doesn't work worth a crap.  There is a reason we posted specific instructions and did not place a link to that buggy and unreliable version of archive invalidation.

As for whether NPC's are changed.......that will take about 5 seconds to verify when you start a new game.  The emperor will either look vanilla or will be changed.  If you have ever played the vanilla version, you'll know in a heartbeat.

Cheers,

Greg

• 3 weeks later...

That is because you have plugins UNDER it that are OVERWRITING IT.

Move it down to below your bashed patch (you will need to rebuild your bashed patch also).

With Oblivion the lowest mod in your load order "wins" all conflicts.

A bashed patch uses the given load order and it also relies on the lowest in the load order as wining the conflict.

There is no......jail in this plugin. It is ONLY an NPC appearance altering plugin.

That is because you have plugins UNDER it that are OVERWRITING IT.

Move it down to below your bashed patch (you will need to rebuild your bashed patch also).

With Oblivion the lowest mod in your load order "wins" all conflicts.

A bashed patch uses the given load order and it also relies on the lowest in the load order as wining the conflict.

There is no......jail in this plugin. It is ONLY an NPC appearance altering plugin.

its in the beginning of the game idk what you mean by no jail. I go to them and it moved my vision to a clipped part of the jail while in the showracemenu when you start the game. If I got to any of the others it shows them in the location you should be in. I had this problem before with XEO in the past if I went with it the whole face would be missing. So what should be my load order then because what you said didn't make sense to me.

I tried what you said with my best of ability to understand what you said and I got this for my load order now:http://puu.sh/faQAn/5ae03907ba.png

This is the problem I am getting for my bretons and now my dark seducer 

http://puu.sh/faRAn/a488408073.jpg

Did you run Archive Invalidate via OBMM or Wrye Bash?

Most individuals trying to set up Xeo for the first time feel they can just skip steps in the instructions in the OP; first page of this thread.

Those missing bretons and dark seducers are more than likely that or you don't have their resources in the right place. Oblivion is structured to look in BSAs (archives) first and loose files in you Data folder second. If it doesn't find them in either place what you see is typically the end result.

Also, you can use the Wrye Bash MOD Checker, third icon from the right on the bottom icon menu, (See screen capture) to generate a text output of you Load Order and MODs, using the Copy Text button and then post that in a set of spoiler tags for members here to review. That is far superior to a static image like you are using now.

post-18672-0-26994400-1422527151_thumb.jpg

And you can also disable and remove UOP Vampire Aging and Face Fix.esp and instead use the Wrye Bash Tweak Settings, when rebuilding your Bashed Patch. (See Screen capture).

post-18672-0-97118600-1422527366_thumb.jpg

I strongly suggest you do some requisite reading of both Xeo and Wrye Bash and/or OBMM. Most of these issues are related to not doing that.

Did you run Archive Invalidate via OBMM or Wrye Bash?

Most individuals trying to set up Xeo for the first time feel they can just skip steps in the instructions in the OP; first page of this thread.

Those missing bretons and dark seducers are more than likely that or you don't have their resources in the right place. Oblivion is structured to look in BSAs (archives) first and loose files in you Data folder second. If it doesn't find them in either place what you see is typically the end result.

Also, you can use the Wrye Bash MOD Checker, third icon from the right on the bottom icon menu, (See screen capture) to generate a text output of you Load Order and MODs, using the Copy Text button and then post that in a set of spoiler tags for members here to review. That is far superior to a static image like you are using now.

And you can also disable and remove UOP Vampire Aging and Face Fix.esp and instead use the Wrye Bash Tweak Settings, when rebuilding your Bashed Patch. (See Screen capture).

I strongly suggest you do some requisite reading of both Xeo and Wrye Bash and/or OBMM. Most of these issues are related to not doing that.

I did the archive invalidate via OBMM just used wrye bash for a patch hoping it would fix some of the problems. I am not a expert on these types of mods but I did follow every instruction if the links didn't I would find it from a other source. I did the mod checker and got this. http://puu.sh/fc34B/c4c577b40d.png

Yes, exactly what gregathit stated. Any time you add, remove or change a major MOD's position it's best to rebuild your bashed patch. For certain edits in CS/E you will also need to do it too, like changing walk or other animations being used that are picked up and added via Wrye.

You also need to learn to run MOD Checker immediately after rebuilding your bashed patch if you've added a new MOD to your build and LO, as they are often dirty. Download and setup TES4Edit and learn how to do a quick cleaning of ITMs and UDRs. There's a pictorial based tutorial floating around on the Nexus I think. Those two MODs with dirty edits should be cleaned. It not only improves game performance, but helps to avoid compiling issue after issue.

"...just used wrye bash for a patch hoping it would fix some of the problems."

It doesn't work that way. You need to learn what the tools can and cannot do and their intended purpose. They are not magic bullets to compensate for not reading and learning this.

Make note, that most members here will only support in most cases MODs or links to MODs posted here on LL. Most of us try to only post current and correct versions. Anything you find elsewhere can be an older version, have errors, be dirty or just not work. Xeo in particular had many small minor variants published over the years, and can cause all kinds of issues and nonsense if used.

Yes, exactly what gregathit stated. Any time you add, remove or change a major MOD's position it's best to rebuild your bashed patch. For certain edits in CS/E you will also need to do it too, like changing walk or other animations being used that are picked up and added via Wrye.

You also need to learn to run MOD Checker immediately after rebuilding your bashed patch if you've added a new MOD to your build and LO, as they are often dirty. Download and setup TES4Edit and learn how to do a quick cleaning of ITMs and UDRs. There's a pictorial based tutorial floating around on the Nexus I think. Those two MODs with dirty edits should be cleaned. It not only improves game performance, but helps to avoid compiling issue after issue.

"...just used wrye bash for a patch hoping it would fix some of the problems."

It doesn't work that way. You need to learn what the tools can and cannot do and their intended purpose. They are not magic bullets to compensate for not reading and learning this.

Make note, that most members here will only support in most cases MODs or links to MODs posted here on LL. Most of us try to only post current and correct versions. Anything you find elsewhere can be an older version, have errors, be dirty or just not work. Xeo in particular had many small minor variants published over the years, and can cause all kinds of issues and nonsense if used.

I can't believe how so you guys were right. Even when I thought I was doing ever single direction right I missed small things that in the end mean't a lot. When he says to delete xeox I ended up deleting my xeoex I just installed from the xeosp 1.0 part. Not only that I didn't install the update before the English one. These mistakes are in the end making me a better modder. I got everything to work now and wouldn't have been able to without every bit of information and help from your guys. Thanks PS ended up just doing everything from clean and slowly doing it with the help you gave. 

The gamefront link is working, just tested. You have to answer a series of questions is all. Make sure your browser is not blocking those.

Mega link may have reached it's daily, weekly, monthly, DL limit.

wow i just found out that my country is in the blacklist for gamefront downloads, thats why theres no survey.

can we get better hostig solutions.

also since its a japanese mod shouldnt there be a japanese dl link out there?

wow i just found out that my country is in the blacklist for gamefront downloads, thats why theres no survey.

Learn how to use a proxy.

As for "better".....you really mean better for you, and that is kinda selfish isn't it?  If you want someone to do something specifically for you, I'd recommend asking very nicely and doing a bit of leg work on YOUR end to find\setup a file host that your particular country doesn't block.

Finally, how the hell should we know where a japanese dl link would be?

The hosting issue is mostly due to the size of the MOD, and it ends up costing real $s to host those large DLs here.

There's a Japanese (or Chinese) link in the OP for where the information was originally taken from, first link in the spoiler. But most here will not support anything that is not from LL. So if you decide to use anything available there make note you're pretty much on your own.

I've also grown weary of having to post DLs in multiple locations just so members or players can get to them. Simply not doing it any more.

Learn how to use a proxy.

As for "better".....you really mean better for you, and that is kinda selfish isn't it?  If you want someone to do something specifically for you, I'd recommend asking very nicely and doing a bit of leg work on YOUR end to find\setup a file host that your particular country doesn't block.

Finally, how the hell should we know where a japanese dl link would be?

sorry i didnt meant to sound rude 

it seems like will problably end up using proxy anyway   :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to doublecheck with people more knowledgeable than me.  As far as I can tell, Redguards skin should look like the image on the left, but the character on the right doesn't look anything like that and the bodies don't match.

1meSRy5.png

Is she supposed to look like that?  Even if I reset the face she still looks like that.

Just wanted to doublecheck with people more knowledgeable than me.  As far as I can tell, Redguards skin should look like the image on the left, but the character on the right doesn't look anything like that and the bodies don't match.

Is she supposed to look like that?  Even if I reset the face she still looks like that.

A character's facegen is governed by race record's default facegen start values (the one that you're seeing in the Redguard race window), gender modifier, npc's individual facegen modifier. Same npc facegen might look vastly different depending on what their race is, because each race has its own default value. And most obviously, two npcs of the same race might look different depending on who they are, because each npc has their own facegen value.

Almost every entry in the texture modifier section affects overall skintone. And age, complexion as well. In fact npc's individual facegen could override every other things. So being a Redguard doesn't necessarily mean they will look like a Redguard. Racial default facegen just helps making someone Redguard-ish.

And the reset face button is probably not what you might be thinking. It does not reset facegen to the racial default values. It just forces every number to zero. The resulting face is some kind of a race-neutral something. It's something you should never push.

I appreciate the response, but I still don't quite understand. 

In fact npc's individual facegen could override every other things.

What are you referring to when you say the individual facegen?  Do you mean the Geometry/Texture values on the character edit window or something else?  Cause I can set those texture values to whatever and it doesn't change anything.