That worked for the body, so now it just slightly doesn't match the neck.  So that's progress.  But nothing changes in the face if I move any of those sliders.

That's bad. and weird. Perhaps they've fucked with the .egt file so they won't affect the facial skin color.

I don't use xeo so I can't really tell much about it. But anyways, vanilla imperial head should work that way.

• 1 month later...

I guess i already know the answer to this question considering the amount of time that has passed, but has there been any updates or alternate versions of XeoSP++ since v2? Such as one that patches out the need to set facegentexture=0 without the player having to do it themselves?

Ah unfortunate, i still feel like some edits could have been done here and there to some npcs.

Though i wonder why they didn't figure out about the cause of skin discolouration at the time, and edit it out. Yes i know that would have been some boring, and tedius work editing every single npc's facegen FGTS entry to be nothing but zeros by hand. However Xeosp's mod compatiblity would have been even far greater had they done so.

Someone needs to post an all-in-one download that has all the shennanigans that are needed to install completed.

Someone already posted a MBP all in one elsewhere in this forum, and i fail to understand what is so hard about installing Xeosp 1.0. Then simply deleting the original folders as instructed, replaceing them with the Xeo SP++ Bsa,  and extracting the contents of the linked xeo sp++ v2 archives.

Its actually nicer this way since you ultimately have a choice. Either use Xeo SP 1.0 (which amusingly is the only one that contains altered npcs from Nodaam's City Life built in) or using Xeo SP++ which doesn't replace base vanilla races with Modded ones like Xeo SP 1.0 and its precessors such as Xeo 5, 4, etc.

• 1 month later...

Someone needs to post an all-in-one download that has all the shennanigans that are needed to install completed.

Someone already posted a MBP all in one elsewhere in this forum, and i fail to understand what is so hard about installing Xeosp 1.0. Then simply deleting the original folders as instructed, replaceing them with the Xeo SP++ Bsa,  and extracting the contents of the linked xeo sp++ v2 archives.

Its actually nicer this way since you ultimately have a choice. Either use Xeo SP 1.0 (which amusingly is the only one that contains altered npcs from Nodaam's City Life built in) or using Xeo SP++ which doesn't replace base vanilla races with Modded ones like Xeo SP 1.0 and its precessors such as Xeo 5, 4, etc.

You have to love folks that think others need to do something they aren't willing to do themselves.

1. I'm Lazy.

2. I just think it's a bit annoying to have to go and download from many links that may or may not work.

Couldn't resist...

It seems there are essentially two types of people on this planet. Those that whine and complain that members Somebody, Someone, or Someone Else needs to do this or that to make things easier for them, and those that volunteer, step up to the plate and actually do things to make it easier for others to get things done. (Just a quick note, all three of those members have been MIA for years now.)

If LL were comprised of mostly or all members in group 1 nothing would have gotten done and Oblivion (and others) on LL wouldn't be where it is today.  ;)

Luckily, we do have some that do step forward and do the lite to extra heavy lifting others are not willing to do themselves. Those same individuals (some of them, not all) also tend to find those in group 1 and their posts, more than a bit annoying. 

• 2 months later...

Sadly Gamefront is racist on most countries,including mine and mega download is down

leaves me with no download

as in i mean i need a link for XEOSPv1

Try using a proxy.

But which one will work? i aleadry tried 3 of them and none work

also is this the most recent xeo that works the best?

Edit:

i installed it, but i wanted to install the chocolate elves mod but i can't really understand how i aleadry have pretty much everything installed just missing how to do that one correctly

• 4 months later...

Sorry to chime in on this but I have a question regarding what you said. If one were installing this for the first time should the updates be included or not? Is there something to be said for the un updated original file?

Just a question I was pondering on reading this post.

Thanks

If you're planning on trying Xeo SP++, then you would just follow the instructions in the original opening post.

The last update i know of for SP++ was the "XEOSP++V2_Master_2011.5.17Update" that was found some time ago, and that file just contained mesh and texture folders.

But of course these days OCOv2 is all the rage, and no further updates exist for xeo since around 2011(?)

• 4 months later...

While this is an old thread I don't suppose it really counts as necro'ing if it's a sticky, right? Anyway, does anyone happen to have a working link to XEOSP 1.0 or would be willing to upload a copy somewhere? My Oblivion install bit the dust recently and this is the one file that I cannot find. The links in the op are dead and I was unable to find anything on google that didn't look like the computer parallel to syphilis. Thanks in advance.

See post 171

The 4shared link still works.

Alternate Mega links have been added to the OP for all files.  All links should be working.

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks guys, I must have missed that 4shared link but it's good to know the op was updated for anyone else who might need it.

• 3 weeks later...

I streamlined this install for my own use, but I felt it'd go to waste if I didn't share.

xeosp++_clean.7z

Instructions: Download, unzip, activate.

The files used were obtained from the links in the post of this thread:
XEOSP_1_0.7z
xeosp++.bsa
xeosp++V2_Master_2011.5.17Update.rar
xeosp++(eng_V2).rar

How it was done:

Fresh install of Oblivion
BSA was unpacked
Files were installed as specified in the first post instructions.
Files exported via TES4Files

During export, errors were logged stating files were missing.  However, I don't believe the listed files are in the original archives either.  If you do find missing meshes/textures from this clean version that were in the full install, please let me know.

Disclaimer

I make absolutely no claim to the content in this link/file.  All credit goes to the original authors of the mods.  This is merely a re-package of the files listed.  I have neither asked for nor received permission to do so.  If I have violated any terms of use for the content or rules of LoversLab, please let me know so I can remove the shared file.

@ - iamnoone - If you still have the error report output from TES4Files post it here or PM me and I can look at my Xeo resources for those that are still missing. I have collected nearly all prior and latest versions of resources, to do like you; simplify the install and setup.

Part of this was to research and test older Chinese & Japanese save games and characters, which made use of Xeo resources.

Another part of it was to improve on Xeo-based Hiyokos, which again makes use of Xeo resources. I also converted and/or merged the existing ESPs into two ESMs; xeorace.esm and xeoracex117.esm. That work begins to resolve the headless Hiyoko bug, when installing new MOD ESPs above HiyokoGenerator.esp, but it is not 100% complete.

I have resisted posting this as it is clearly only for advanced users and I have absolutely no interest in supporting it. 

I did poke through a few entries in the log since they had suspicious absolute filenames ("D:\Games\Steam...") that did not correspond to my filesystem.  I peeked in one NIF in question, and it had an "extra directory."  There might be some actual missing resources, but there are also dirty files throwing errors. NIFs are beyond me so I didn't check into them too much.

If you do find some of the files, I can certainly add them and update my post. PM'd the file to you.

The largest problem I found with Xeo related stuff is fairly simple, but tedious to fix, and is nothing but a conflict of calls for resources. The ESPs are calling out/have assigned certain resources to meshes, while the NIFs have others specified. When this happens Oblivion defaults to vanilla resources instead. MBP++ has similar issues.

Much of this is the result of Chinese/Japanese MOD authors simply not knowing the inner mechanics and behavior of Oblivion.