5 hours ago, gregathit said:

Fixed.

Cheers,

Greg

You have really fixed the picture ?

"Set archive invalidation to BSA alteration"  ? ? ?

Why not delete it and replace it with "set to archive invalidate via Bsa Redirection"

Spoiler

BSAr.jpg

BSA alteration the worst archive invalidate you can do.

• 1 year later...

Pretty certain part 1 of the 3 part is corrupt or more likely part 2/3 have issue.

Can't unzip 2+3 even with 1 selected and with 7zip you get headerserror which I assume is maybe just because it requires 2+3 to unzip with it but they don't seem to work

(peazip doesn't error but idk if they just don't do that feature as never used but still also doesn't work)

part 2 is also same size as 1 (idk if that correct seems slightly odd)

And part 2+3 were not even downloadable for me until just recent and even then only their base not alternatives which are still down while part 1 alternative/normal have always been up they are also called files not archives but I think/assume that normal since they require to extract with 1.

13 hours ago, gregathit said:

All links repaired and all files checked.  The bsa file shows a header error on extraction, but still extracts fine, so just ignore that.

Thanks, assumed since it was giving error and not closing was a issue along with it saying install + step 4 said did 0 changes (guessing this step just in case or always says 0 here) was a issue with it.

Did quick test seems to be working thanks for all the replies.

Now just need to figure out if I can get Reloaded Lite fixed (asked about it in technical as assume that correct place to ask :) Thanks again).

Does, Ozmo's high rez texture? work with this.

Assume not, but wanted to confirm

(saw someone made a comment back in 2014 asking how to though they were not replied to, also saw comment on how most texture mods don't work as this has its own + since this has the option F-inev then update with own during installation makes it pretty clear likely is not but figured would ask)->

sorry if this was answered, but can't find any fully confirmed just the 1 person asking how to.

No big deal, especially since idk if would 100% use since by looks of that mod's ""recent"" comments seems many have had issues and the like with it any ways, I mainly just don't like this mod's pussy cat area which not like I see often any ways (and from what I can tell F-inev barely alters it unless done manually which I tried for first time ever including downloading gimp.. .... and lets just say a certain famous WWII painter would do a better job then I ?).

No it does not.  Xeo changes vanilla NPC's.  Any mod that also changes vanilla NPC's will break Xeo.

XeoSP++ was designed to work with MBP.  MBP is a resource that many lovers mods use.  MBP would be compatible with Ozmo's....sort of, as MBP does not change vanilla NPC's.

2 hours ago, gregathit said:

No it does not.  Xeo changes vanilla NPC's.  Any mod that also changes vanilla NPC's will break Xeo.

XeoSP++ was designed to work with MBP.  MBP is a resource that many lovers mods use.  MBP would be compatible with Ozmo's....sort of, as MBP does not change vanilla NPC's.

Ok that what I figured just wanted to make sure, thanks yet again for reply ?.

• 2 months later...

i have kinda of a normal problem,
the 3 files that must be extracted with 7zip only has the bsa file or there is something more that i couldn't find?

in any case i did not installed xeosp for now, but im making the preparatives to do it.

35 minutes ago, Heinos said:

the 3 files that must be extracted with 7zip only has the bsa file or there is something more that i couldn't find?

Nope.  Not likely.  It's called file spanning.

When a service will not allow you to upload a single large freakin' file, this technique works wonders.  It allows the user of a service to get by the 'MAX FILESIZE' limit by  compressing the file into three separate and individual files.  Sneaky, eh?   So instead of one .7z file that could not be uploaded, three smaller ones were made, each holding part of the desired .bsa file which combine together when finally extracted.

I do the same thing with the seriously massive ones.  The technique has been around since the mid 90's(?) and is also available for .zip and .rar formats.

Edited by LongDukDong
50 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

Nope.  Not likely.  It's called file spanning.

When a service will not allow you to upload a single large freakin' file, this technique works wonders.  It allows the user of a service to get by the 'MAX FILESIZE' limit by  compressing the file into three separate and individual files.  Sneaky, eh?   So instead of one .7z file that could not be uploaded, three smaller ones were made, each holding part of the desired .bsa file which combine together when finally extracted.

I do the same thing with the seriously massive ones.  The technique has been around since the mid 90's(?) and is also available for .zip and .rar formats.

Okay, Thanks for the info and help

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, ZZPOP said:

http://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=1602 link is broken so i cant follow mbp tutorial, could someone recommend a new tutorial for this?

BROKEN... But not forgotten

https://web.archive.org/web/20130201073016/https://www.loverslab.com/showthread.php?tid=1602

The WAYBACK MACHING -aka- the INTERNET ARCHIVE grabbed this url a good NUMBER of times.  This being the last one prior to the mid 2013 reorganization of the URLs which is where you're having issue.  Insofar as the links the archived topic contains, you'd need to use the WAYBACK MACHINE to find those individually.

BUT WHEN IT SAYS TO USE BOSS for sorting... Manual Sorting is typically best as there may be certain things an algorithm may miss or perform incorrectly.

As to finding the original tutorial here...  Every LL link includes the original topic ID (like 1602 / tid=1602).  As an example, THIS topic's ID is 15185.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/15185-xeo-sp/

Unfortunately,  I could not find the original tutorial, no link found with 1602 in the Oblivion boards... it mighta been lost altogether.

Edited by LongDukDong
  • 2 months later...

i made this account just to ask but once i extract the first part of xeosp++ with the other parts in the same directory, is the xeosp++.bsa file supposed to be 1.6 gb? i notice that the first archive contains a file that is that exact same size but people have said in this thread that it automatically picks up data from the other two archives, so i assume the resulting extraction would be a bit bigger than just 1.6gb but when i finish the extraction its that same size, im guessing either 7zip missed something or everything worked fine and im just overthinking it, im posting this just to make sure, im doing this trough wine in linux mint if that matters

10 hours ago, cocainecola said:

i made this account just to ask but once i extract the first part of xeosp++ with the other parts in the same directory, is the xeosp++.bsa file supposed to be 1.6 gb? i notice that the first archive contains a file that is that exact same size but people have said in this thread that it automatically picks up data from the other two archives, so i assume the resulting extraction would be a bit bigger than just 1.6gb but when i finish the extraction its that same size, im guessing either 7zip missed something or everything worked fine and im just overthinking it, im posting this just to make sure, im doing this trough wine in linux mint if that matters

I do not use xeosp , but I see the 7z files. They are 200MB, 200M and 94MB.

You can not unpack file 002.7z or 003.7z. You will get a error message.

You unpack file 001.7z and all 3 files will be unpacked.

And a 494MB packed 7z file can be unpacked 1.6gb

And if you unpack 001.7z without 002 and 003 in the same folder you also get a error message.

If you do not get a error message then everything should be fine.

---------------

That's how splitted 7z or rar files work. All files must be in one folder and you only unpack the 001 file.