To be honest if the link is password protected then it might as well be removed. After all if no one knows the password its pointless having it in the OP.

Likewise,there's an "updated" .esp here in the thread in some post,but I don't remind which one it is.It's said as english ver2,is it a valid .esp for use,after all?It was the only one I found so far.

And does this require any other body replacers prior to xeosp++?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

When nightwynd say remove xeox.esp, did nightwynd meant xeosx.esp?

It should be xeoex.esp in the XEOSP 1.0 pack.

I have to ask another question.

Are MBP and MBP++ required while uses XEOSP ++?

No.  

XeoSP 1.0 is the only requirement for XeoSP++.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't suppose anyone has the ones posted by someone called Icecream at

http://mods.tesfans.org/files/category-7/

do they? The posts dates for some of them seem newer but the site is a pain. Supposed to have an account and at least 1 post but can't get verification emails and even if you manage to find somewhere you can post it seems to tell me I've used my bandwidth up.

Also, no offense meant to the people who were involved in the mod version with re-darkened red guard and green orcs, but does there happen to be a version where all that was changed was re-darking the red guard (pasty red guards are weird... and it cuts down on on variety...) and maybe changing orcs back to kind of green (and not Conan-ing up the orc guys and adding big fangs to both orcs)? Or maybe a simple solution to how I can redirect the red guards to a decent dark skin? I had something or other for editing New Vegas esps and bsas that wasn't a geck... (never seem to be able to get those things to work for me) but I don't remember what it was and don't have the drives to pull old stuff off of assuming it'd work.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be a Dark Elf. Also known as 'Dunmer' in their homeland of...

Nah, kidding aside. This is one of the XEO interpretations of a vanilla race: 'Dark Elf Female II', editor ID 'DarkElfG02'.

One of three (at least - dunno if nowadays there are more, I'm still using XEO4) female Dark Elf variants.

The third variant however isn't exactly that dark, with a pale skin that has rectangular pink marks on the cheeks. Most of the old XEO4 Elf races also are using the half ears mesh, not the lop-ears seen on your picture.

dpoo.jpg

Fair-skinned Dark Elves... What will they come up with next? Argonian Khajiit.

Well, actually I only mess around with the old and terribly outdated XEO4. My main reason not to use newer versions is that I want full control over vanilla NPCs' appearance: A select few I have changed with MBP and XEO assets while others still are their good old vanilla incarnations. Global NPC overhauls which affect everyone have the disadvantage that even people get beautified who should look somewhat crappy or silly on purpose.

Seems to be a Dark Elf. Also known as 'Dunmer' in their homeland of...

Nah, kidding aside. This is one of the XEO interpretations of a vanilla race: 'Dark Elf Female II', editor ID 'DarkElfG02'.

One of three (at least - dunno if nowadays there are more, I'm still using XEO4) female Dark Elf variants.

The third variant however isn't exactly that dark, with a pale skin that has rectangular pink marks on the cheeks. Most of the old XEO4 Elf races also are using the half ears mesh, not the lop-ears seen on your picture.

dpoo.jpg

Fair-skinned Dark Elves... What will they come up with next? Argonian Khajiit.

Ok, but where i can find the directory with textures for my race?

I checked the one in Oblivion\Data\Textures\Characters\BHcute\Body

XhEK4cr.jpg

Looks like what i need but it isnt. I draw the numbers on face))))

epczFCU.jpg

PghNwZO.jpg

But in game the other race changed

KvEf7ZP.jpg

Now this is all very strange. Normally all XEO skin textures are stored in 'Textures\XEOT' and not in the 'Characters' sub-folder.

I have looked through the XeoSP archive, peeked into the XeoSP++ BSA and that version's esp - in all cases the texture path for this race is still the same as in previous versions: 'Textures\XEOT\XEO5last\Delf02\xeoFOS'. The texture in question looks different from the one in your picture:

XEOSP-FOScomparisonDEG01andDEG02.jpg

The one on the left seems identical to the second file in your picture. But this is the texture for the first XeoSP Dark Elf! Your first file with the blue lips is the same texture my old XEO4 is using for 'Dark Elf Female 01'.

The face to the right has quite a different skin tone and very exaggerated painted eyelashes. Identical to my XEO4's second Dunmer variant. It makes me wonder which version of XeoSP you are using? Leaves me completely clueless. The race from your last picture should have purple lips.

I've also seen the third XEO Dunmer variant now hasn't got pink markings on the cheeks anymore. Looks more like 'Diablo Elf Ice Cube' now.

Eliminating the colour difference on the neck seams is a real pain. To really match the face and body textures takes some effort, and this would have to be done for the whole array of races included in the mod... Hair-pulling fun times.

Well, actually I only mess around with the old and terribly outdated XEO4. My main reason not to use newer versions is that I want full control over vanilla NPCs' appearance: A select few I have changed with MBP and XEO assets while others still are their good old vanilla incarnations. Global NPC overhauls which affect everyone have the disadvantage that even people get beautified who should look somewhat crappy or silly on purpose.

Could you please point me to that version? I'd like to give xeo a try too, but i don't want it to mess up the vanilla races.

Could you please point me to that version? I'd like to give xeo a try too, but i don't want it to mess up the vanilla races.

Unless I missed something you won't find a version like this.

The whole point of Xeo is that it is a "replacer" plugin.  Unless someone goes and makes a custom esp that doesn't replace stuff then you will end up replacing all vanilla with Xeo's versions.

MBP on the other hand is a "resource" plugin meaning that it does not replace or affect vanilla.  Other plugins use MBP's resources.

Now you "could" convert Xeo to be a resource plugin like MBP but that would be a shit load of work with the CS on the esm\esp.

Out of curiousity, does the Xeosp++ Eng v2 actually have a "compile all" issue inflating its size to over 6mb? I know bashing xeo esps before, wyre didn't whine about a Compile all issue in the past. But this time looking in TES4edit the Xeosp++.esp from the Eng v2 link does indeed have every single script from Oblivion.esm in it. Just curious if this is happening to others or not.

Out of curiousity, does the Xeosp++ Eng v2 actually have a "compile all" issue inflating its size to over 6mb? I know bashing xeo esps before, wyre didn't whine about a Compile all issue in the past. But this time looking in TES4edit the Xeosp++.esp from the Eng v2 link does indeed have every single script from Oblivion.esm in it. Just curious if this is happening to others or not.

That is NOT a Xeo issue.  That is a CS issue.  You need to install the CS extender plugin.

By default the normal CS will automatically include every script from the oblivion.esm into it when you hit compile all.  If you read the CS wiki it clearly spells this out (and tells you NEVER to use the compile all button).  It was due to this and many other issues that the CS extender plugin was made.  You can find it on the nexus.

That is NOT a Xeo issue.  That is a CS issue.  You need to install the CS extender plugin.

By default the normal CS will automatically include every script from the oblivion.esm into it when you hit compile all.  If you read the CS wiki it clearly spells this out (and tells you NEVER to use the compile all button).  It was due to this and many other issues that the CS extender plugin was made.  You can find it on the nexus.

Um i never tried to compile all anything, i just re installed the entire thing to make a new load order then wyre bash started whining at bash patch creation.

To make what i said clearer i am asking if the Xeo++.esp from engv2 actually is bloated in size from having scripts it shouldn't have at all?.

In comparison the xeoex.esp from XeoSP 1.0 is 3.3xmb in file size, and has 43 scripts (a few that change oblivion.esm scripts but the majority are for GGC)

Xeosp++ from the Engv2 link however is 6.5xmb in filesize, and has 2428(!) scripts. The vast majority of these are straight copies from oblivion.esm with no changes which is probably responsible for the increased file size. 

Meaning if you put xeosp++ at the bottom of your load order it will override any other plugin that edits or adds to the vanilla scripts,  now i'm asking if this is actually intended behavior for the latest version when XeoSP 1.0 didn't do that at all.

I'm terribly sorry for overlooking your post/request. Had been way too busy in the recent days.

Here is a MEGA link to the file. The main difference to the more up-to-date XEOs: It only contains two esms (plus the needed meshes and textures files). This makes the whole mod system just a very large race compilation, without later versions' NPC overhauling nature via its own esp.

What the mod does is adding many alternate versions of vanilla races, split into male- and female-only race variants. First and foremost to create player characters with, but by making XEO4's esms master files to other mods those can draw on XEO resources to use the vanilla race variants for NPCs as well. That's my approach to creating custom versions of vanilla NCPs and companion mods with XEO race characters instead of installing an SP version with pre-made NPCs.

FalanuHlaalu.jpg

Hope you don't mind this super-skimpy version of the 'Upperclass 03' outfit:

AdrienneBerene.jpg

I'm terribly sorry for overlooking your post/request. Had been way too busy in the recent days.

Here is a MEGA link to the file. The main difference to the more up-to-date XEOs: It only contains two esms (plus the needed meshes and textures files). This makes the whole mod system just a very large race compilation, without later versions' NPC overhauling nature via its own esp.

What the mod does is adding many alternate versions of vanilla races, split into male- and female-only race variants. First and foremost to create player characters with, but by making XEO4's esms master files to other mods those can draw on XEO resources to use the vanilla race variants for NPCs as well. That's my approach to creating custom versions of vanilla NCPs and companion mods with XEO race characters instead of installing an SP version with pre-made NPCs.

FalanuHlaalu.jpg

Hope you don't mind this super-skimpy version of the 'Upperclass 03' outfit:

AdrienneBerene.jpg

Thank you! No harm done in waiting, i'm glad you took the time to share this file with me! :) Now i'll have something to tinker with for some time... :)

P.S.: I don't mind a single bit ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So I have been tearing my hair out trying to figure out how to do this with Mod Organizer. I hate OBMM, and after playing the game for years with a completely unorganized data directory full of conflicting mods I decided to reinstall everything using the fantastic Mod Organizer. Now the downside is that for this particular mod it looks like there are some very specific things that must be done with the archive invalidation. Unfortunately MO doesn't have the archive invalidation tool built into it as does OBMM. Soooo, how could I install this mod making it compatible with MO or is this something that absolutely MUST be installed with OBMM?