6 hours ago, IriX640 said:

thanks! I appreciate that. and of course, I'd be more than happy to see 'em in the animal patch!

Animal Patch has been updated with your animations! I forgot to update the about.xml so it doesnt list them in that description but next update it will.

19 hours ago, Tory187 said:

Animal Patch has been updated with your animations! I forgot to update the about.xml so it doesnt list them in that description but next update it will.

awesome..!! it is great to have been a small part of the project, I am glad to be able to contribute!
it was kinda fun, so if I think of any other animations I might want to mess with I'll share them here~

12 minutes ago, rallyelgen said:

A bit of help.

Have anyone else got the "insect girls" to work?

I always get a little blank bar (no animations to select) and if i enable the debug mode i get the following in the log (see attached file).

log.txt 4.58 MB · 1 download

Oof, thats a lot of errors. It doesnt look like any of the animal patches are working. Not sure what happened here. might want to reinstall them. There are a lot of errors in this log. I'm surprised that this is the only issue you are noticing. Looks like you made all your steam mods local using mod manager, that alters their packageId and add a "_copy" at the end. which breaks other mod's ability to detect them and patch them. I recommend making your steam mods local manually rather than mod manager.

There's a lot of issues here in this log. I think you should post a hugslog somewhere you can get general modding help. I recommend the troubleshooting channel on official rimworld discord or the rjw discord.

But in a more general answer to the question of them working: This mod nor animation framework won't influence anything with options for sex when you right click. That is handled purely by RJW itself. All animations does is animate what RJW makes happen. There is no custom animation selection menu or anything like that. By default right clicking on a animal with a pawn that is a hero and when that animal meets all the required criteria for sex to happen you will only have two "request breeding" options I believe. You need to have bestiality enabled in settings, animal needs to be in adult stage, animal needs to have rjw body parts (all animals should have at least generic parts, robotic/droids are usually the only pawns that dont get parts). The animal patch itself just enables animals to use animations, if an animal is not able to be sexed then thats on RJW.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, KrisMemer said:

Can we get support for Rimvali?

hmm, This isnt an animal mod is it? Interesting, this mod has its own framework for its race. Likely why its not working for animations. I would bring this up with c0ffee in the main animation thread.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey something that had bothered me was that gendered voices was determined by genitals resulting for example in feminine pawns having a masculine voice if they had a penis but not a vagina, I did some experimenting and found that there's a string variable for gender in animation frameworks assembly for actors.

I edited voice patches to use this instead and it turned out to work as I had hoped with voice being determined by Rimworld gender instead (not sure if this can result in compatability issues)

\RJWAnimAddons-Voicepatch\1.2\Defs\AnimationDefs\VoicePatchMale.xml

<requiredGenitals>
          <li>NoVagina</li>
        </requiredGenitals>

To:

<requiredGenitals>
        </requiredGenitals>
        <gender>Male</gender>

\RJWAnimAddons-Voicepatch\1.2\Defs\AnimationDefs\VoicePatchFemaleFuta.xml

<requiredGenitals>
          <li>Vagina</li>
        </requiredGenitals>

To:

<requiredGenitals>
        </requiredGenitals>
        <gender>Female</gender>

17 minutes ago, Karmanherlo said:

Hey something that had bothered me was that gendered voices was determined by genitals resulting for example in feminine pawns having a masculine voice if they had a penis but not a vagina, I did some experimenting and found that there's a string variable for gender in animation frameworks assembly for actors.

I edited voice patches to use this instead and it turned out to work as I had hoped with voice being determined by Rimworld gender instead (not sure if this can result in compatability issues)

\RJWAnimAddons-Voicepatch\1.2\Defs\AnimationDefs\VoicePatchMale.xml

<requiredGenitals>
          <li>NoVagina</li>
        </requiredGenitals>

To:

<requiredGenitals>
        </requiredGenitals>
        <gender>Male</gender>

\RJWAnimAddons-Voicepatch\1.2\Defs\AnimationDefs\VoicePatchFemaleFuta.xml

<requiredGenitals>
          <li>Vagina</li>
        </requiredGenitals>

To:

<requiredGenitals>
        </requiredGenitals>
        <gender>Female</gender>

Oh wow, I was not aware of this string variable. Nice find, I'll update Voice Patch with these changes.

16 minutes ago, Tory187 said:

Oh wow, I was not aware of this string variable. Nice find, I'll update Voice Patch with these changes.

Done some more testing, and did find some animations that still had masculine voice currently looking through the animation xmls to se I can find the cause

'Ask for fellatio' used masculine voice and 'give fellatio' used feminine voices, did notice that it used opposite animations to but suspect thats from RJW or animation framework

Edited by Karmanherlo
18 minutes ago, Tory187 said:

I noticed some unusual behavior.. with some sound packs.. It only occured once when testing as I already had too many .ogg and .wav files and file handles open and watching those files all the time.

It was included in the Load List Order ModConfig.xml before I did the revamp.

Particularly the;

Realistic Human Sounds (Continued)

"https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2013191418"

Realistic Humansounds Android Tiers Patch

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2507124912

Realistic Humansounds HAR Patch

https://steamcommRealistic Humansounds HAR Patchunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2505010072

I don't know about Androids and the HAR.. I didn't get that far in my testing.. but the first one.. caused them to

have a "DIE"

at climax?

don't know if that's intended but it didn't sound happy.. or good. Sounded like a parent dropped the eggs from the store.. or a bottle of wine in panic, concern, pain.. just a heads up.. it was not a mutual pleasant noise.. if their hugslib shows that.

I should mention that the primary sound pack.. in it's options contains Vanilla, Anime and Alternate.. I didn't mess with those settings but I did notice them.

Edited by SimulatedFantasyHero
5 minutes ago, Karmanherlo said:

Done some more testing, and did find some animations that still had masculine voice currently looking through the animation xmls to se I can find the cause

'Ask for fellatio' used masculine voice and 'give fellatio' used feminine voices, did notice that it used opposite animations to but suspect thats from RJW or animation framework

Some animations could be from other addons too. Im updating Animal Patch and Extra Animations too.

3 minutes ago, SimulatedFantasyHero said:

I noticed some unusual behavior.. with some sound packs.. It only occured once when testing as I already had too many .ogg and .wav files and file handles open and watching those files all the time.

It was included in the Load List Order ModConfig.xml before I did the revamp.

Particularly the;

Realistic Human Sounds (Continued)

"https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2013191418"

Realistic Humansounds Android Tiers Patch

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2507124912

Realistic Humansounds HAR Patch

https://steamcommRealistic Humansounds HAR Patchunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2505010072

I don't know about Androids and the HAR.. I didn't get that far in my testing.. but the first one.. caused them to

have a "DIE"

at climax?

don't know if that's intended but it didn't sound happy.. or good. Sounded like a parent dropped the eggs from the store.. or a bottle of wine in panic, concern, pain.. just a heads up.. it was not a mutual pleasant noise.. if their hugslib shows that.

The Realistic Human sounds mod was the one that inspired me to make voice patch in the first place all because of this weird quirk where it would make a pain sound at the end of a sex animation lol. I started out using some of their sounds at first too. Its a weird bug. I guess RJW makes the end of a sex essentially an attack and thats why this sound happens, same for when animals make a noise after doing it too.

5 minutes ago, Tory187 said:

The Realistic Human sounds mod was the one that inspired me to make voice patch in the first place all because of this weird quirk where it would make a pain sound at the end of a sex animation lol. I started out using some of their sounds at first too. Its a weird bug. I guess RJW makes the end of a sex essentially an attack and thats why this sound happens, same for when animals make a noise after doing it too.

well it is true.. increase knowledge.. increase sorrow. 

16 minutes ago, Tory187 said:

Some animations could be from other addons too. Im updating Animal Patch and Extra Animations too.

I only have RJW, animation framework and your addons, but yeah I suspect some animations are missing a gendered version so they default to voice by genitals

1 minute ago, Karmanherlo said:

I only have RJW, animation framework and your addons, but yeah I suspect some animations are missing a gendered version so they default to voice by genitals

Voice Patch should overwrite all base animations from the framework. so you are likely seeing ones from Xtra Animations. Ill update all addons soon with this new change.

2 hours ago, Tory187 said:

Voice Patch should overwrite all base animations from the framework. so you are likely seeing ones from Xtra Animations. Ill update all addons soon with this new change.

After testing some more it turns out my impression of the change working was a false positive, digging through animation frameworks code it only checks gender for RJWs male on male and female on female settings, otherwise it only filters animations on genitals and if the pawn is 'human'

Edited by Karmanherlo
1 hour ago, Karmanherlo said:

After testing some more it turns out my impression of the change working was a false positive, digging through animation frameworks code it only checks gender for RJWs male on male and female on female settings, otherwise it only filters animations on genitals and if the pawn is 'human'

Hmm. Through some of my tests it seems to work fine. I made a futa fuck a male and the male made the sounds correctly. The animation depicted the male fucking the futa which is incorrect, because the log was the futa fucking the male so the sound was accurate but the actor position wasnt. (this is what the animation tab is for, it lets you swap actors). I tried the reverse and had the male fuck the futa. This time actor placement was correct and sound was correct, it played female sounds.

Next i removed vagina from futa and had Male fuck her ass. Female sounds played. Idk seems to work fine on my end other than that typical futa on male animation mix up.

7 minutes ago, Tory187 said:

Hmm. Through some of my tests it seems to work fine. I made a futa fuck a male and the male made the sounds correctly. The animation depicted the male fucking the futa which is incorrect, because the log was the futa fucking the male so the sound was accurate but the actor position wasnt. (this is what the animation tab is for, it lets you swap actors). I tried the reverse and had the male fuck the futa. This time actor placement was correct and sound was correct, it played female sounds.

Next i removed vagina from futa and had Male fuck her ass. Female sounds played. Idk seems to work fine on my end other than that typical futa on male animation mix up.

I tried initiating sex between two female pawns without vaginas multiple times, sometimes the sound was correct sometimes it wasn't so it was selecting animations randomly. I'm trying to bodge a filter on gender into animation framework but having trouble getting it to compile, should perhaps ask c0ffeeeee about adding it.

21 minutes ago, Karmanherlo said:

I tried initiating sex between two female pawns without vaginas multiple times, sometimes the sound was correct sometimes it wasn't so it was selecting animations randomly. I'm trying to bodge a filter on gender into animation framework but having trouble getting it to compile, should perhaps ask c0ffeeeee about adding it.

Luckily not many people are going to have this issue. A female pawn with no vagina isnt supposed to exist in the game. The moment a pawn does not have a vagina hediff they are male. The only way to get females without vagina hediff is through character editor or save editing. Even if the vagina part is destroyed it is still technically there as a hediff.

I'm starting to think this change might actually be a little less accurate than before. Considering reverting the changes. If this gender node string works better, like actually looking at the pawns gender, then this would be perfect.

To fix this issue with vaginaless females I think animation framework or more likely RJW itself needs to rewrite how it determines gender.