• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Middle_aged_dragon said:

Hi, Just wanted to ask, how do i tell the framework to use a normal wolf animation for this mod : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2440073673&searchtext=

coz the head movements are kinda odd, so i thought what can i do to make the framework use a animal body for this race........

Also, How Y'all doing, Good?

ok gonna go, Laters

AnimationPatch_AnimalListBodyFenriWolves.xml I imagine this would do it. Place in Patches folder in Animal Patch.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Nohrin said:

This might be obvious (but I couldn't figure it out), but how do you control genital rotation? I checked the offset manager tab and it only allowed control of the actual pawns rotation.

This needs to be done through xml in the def of the animation. I do not believe there is a way to rotate genitals with the in game animation tab tool thing.

1 hour ago, Tory187 said:

This needs to be done through xml in the def of the animation. I do not believe there is a way to rotate genitals with the in game animation tab tool thing.

I had vague memories of being able to do this in-game in the past. Maybe it was a feature apart of RJW that got removed?

hey there, I've been making more animations involving animals. I've already got the animations finished in spriter actually, which I decided to use instead of the usual method because I was hoping to make use of that animation converter tool. do you have any experience with that? it doesn't seem to be supported much anymore and I was hoping to find someone who knows how to use it. or if there is any other decent methods for creating animations that you are aware of, that might be helpful for me too

7 hours ago, IriX640 said:

hey there, I've been making more animations involving animals. I've already got the animations finished in spriter actually, which I decided to use instead of the usual method because I was hoping to make use of that animation converter tool. do you have any experience with that? it doesn't seem to be supported much anymore and I was hoping to find someone who knows how to use it. or if there is any other decent methods for creating animations that you are aware of, that might be helpful for me too

Best advice I can give in general to getting animations in and looking nice is study the animation defs. Look at c0ffee's tutorial of the old way to get a better grasp on how it works and its quirks. Once you understand how to do it manually in xml you can figure out/notice the issues when you convert from spriter. A lot of times I make an animation look great in spriter but once converted and put into the game it can fall completely apart lol. 

Animating in spriter for the converter tips:

-make your animation at 10% speed in spriter or make sure you have the right setting on in the converter when you convert

-make your animations in a way that keys all actors at once for each keyframe. If you make a key for one actor do it for the other(s) as well even if you dont need to.

-Make sure your pivot points are setup perfectly first before you do any animating (this was a pain to learn)

19 hours ago, rallyelgen said:

Is there any support for the insect girls? https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2451340446

I am just getting a little 1 cm black bar when i am trying to select what to do (related to this mods features :) )?

AnimationPatch_AnimalListBody虫娘Insectgirls.xml Install: add to the RJWAnimAddons-Animalpatch\Patches folder

It will also be in the next version of animal patch (whenever I'll get around to updating it lol) 

17 hours ago, Tory187 said:

Best advice I can give in general to getting animations in and looking nice is study the animation defs. Look at c0ffee's tutorial of the old way to get a better grasp on how it works and its quirks. Once you understand how to do it manually in xml you can figure out/notice the issues when you convert from spriter. A lot of times I make an animation look great in spriter but once converted and put into the game it can fall completely apart lol. 

Animating in spriter for the converter tips:

-make your animation at 10% speed in spriter or make sure you have the right setting on in the converter when you convert

-make your animations in a way that keys all actors at once for each keyframe. If you make a key for one actor do it for the other(s) as well even if you dont need to.

-Make sure your pivot points are setup perfectly first before you do any animating (this was a pain to learn)

omfg
i was just writing out a long message as a response to it and guess what

ONE of my textures had its origin off by a pube's width
for some reason that threw all kinds of errors
it actually went through
lol

so if i can get it to work, would you be interested in adding new animations to your pack?

22 minutes ago, IriX640 said:

omfg
i was just writing out a long message as a response to it and guess what

ONE of my textures had its origin off by a pube's width
for some reason that threw all kinds of errors
it actually went through
lol

so if i can get it to work, would you be interested in adding new animations to your pack?

Yeah totes. I was originally hesitant on adding new animal animations due to me not wanting to also update all of the animal patches lol. But I now know how to update all of them at once so I am much more willing to add animal anims now ha ha.

32 minutes ago, Tory187 said:

Yeah totes. I was originally hesitant on adding new animal animations due to me not wanting to also update all of the animal patches lol. But I now know how to update all of them at once so I am much more willing to add animal anims now ha ha.

sweet, that would be dope.
I think they look pretty good in game so far, the conversion went well. I am just not sure how to implement them so they actually play.. the only way I could get it to play was by just overwriting your beast doggystyle 2 animation in the xml. I thought it might trigger with just the oral sextype tags, but it does not.

i wanna do a little fine tuning with adding sounds because I haven't messed with that yet, and I might adjust the positioning a little bit so it lines up better without having to use the in game position editor. I just realized that isn't implemented on an animation-by-animation basis, which kinda sucks. cuz the doggystyle animation is spot on, but the oral animation is slightly off. gonna play with it so when you adjust it for one animal, it still looks somewhat decent for others. 

I have done a "f beast receiving oral" animation so far, and I also plan to do a "beast giving oral to male humanlike" as well. at some point. still kinda new to all this

5 hours ago, IriX640 said:

sweet, that would be dope.
I think they look pretty good in game so far, the conversion went well. I am just not sure how to implement them so they actually play.. the only way I could get it to play was by just overwriting your beast doggystyle 2 animation in the xml. I thought it might trigger with just the oral sextype tags, but it does not.

i wanna do a little fine tuning with adding sounds because I haven't messed with that yet, and I might adjust the positioning a little bit so it lines up better without having to use the in game position editor. I just realized that isn't implemented on an animation-by-animation basis, which kinda sucks. cuz the doggystyle animation is spot on, but the oral animation is slightly off. gonna play with it so when you adjust it for one animal, it still looks somewhat decent for others. 

I have done a "f beast receiving oral" animation so far, and I also plan to do a "beast giving oral to male humanlike" as well. at some point. still kinda new to all this

The in game animation manager should be specifically for each animation and within that it will save the race defname specific to its actor slot.

image.png.6b47f00195befc85a692d72cd07b4b1e.png

Here are offsets saved for Huskys for the animal on animal and the doggystyle on female animation. I recently reset my configs so I only have huskys altered (and judging from the values I have there I didnt alter it like at all lol, I think the rotation is adjusted a bit tho).

9 hours ago, Tory187 said:

The in game animation manager should be specifically for each animation and within that it will save the race defname specific to its actor slot.

Here are offsets saved for Huskys for the animal on animal and the doggystyle on female animation. I recently reset my configs so I only have huskys altered (and judging from the values I have there I didnt alter it like at all lol, I think the rotation is adjusted a bit tho).

oshit, really? well that makes things easier. cool, I'm not gonna worry about it then since you gotta adjust it for every animal anyway. thanks for all your help, I didn't think I'd actually get any of this to work but here we are.

so I guess my last question is, how would I actually get the animation to trigger? I had it set up like this: (added to the end of your AnimalPatchBeastDoggystyle.xml)

Spoiler

<defName>Beast_Oral</defName>
    <label>humanlike on animal oral</label>
    <sounds>true</sounds>
    <sexTypes>
      <li>Oral</li>
    </sexTypes>
    <actors>
      <li>
        <defNames>
        </defNames>
        <bodyDefTypes>
        </bodyDefTypes>
        <isFucked>true</isFucked>
      </li>
      <li>
        <defNames>
            <li>Human</li>
        </defNames>
        <bodyDefTypes>
        </bodyDefTypes>
        <isFucking>true</isFucking>
        <initiator>true</initiator>
        <requiredGenitals>
        </requiredGenitals>
        <bodyTypeOffset>
          <Hulk>(0, 0.2)</Hulk>
        </bodyTypeOffset>
      </li>
    </actors>

but that didn't get it to trigger for oral interactions, it still played the doggystyle animation. should I specify which interactions it should trigger for using the <interactionDefTypes> tag instead of the sextype tag?

10 hours ago, Tory187 said:

even adding:

<sexTypes>
      <li>Rimming</li>
      <li>Cunnilingus</li>
    </sexTypes>
    <interactionDefTypes>
      <li>Cunnilingus</li>
      <li>CunnilingusRape</li>
      <li>Rimming</li>
      <li>RimmingRape</li>
    </interactionDefTypes>

did not get it to trigger.. ?
apologies for being slow, but I appreciate your help

10 hours ago, Tory187 said:

oof
is it because I would have to add it here into every patch operation you wrote?
<li Class="PatchOperationAdd"><!--Fucked Animals-->
                    <xpath>/Defs/Rimworld_Animations.AnimationDef[defName="Beast_Doggystyle2" or defName="BeastxBeast_Doggystyle"]/actors/li[1]/bodyDefTypes</xpath>

that... is a lot of patches
it really puts the work you did for the animal patch into perspective a bit more
lol
that is damn impressive

1 hour ago, IriX640 said:

oof
is it because I would have to add it here into every patch operation you wrote?
                    <xpath>/Defs/Rimworld_Animations.AnimationDef[defName="Beast_Doggystyle2" or defName="BeastxBeast_Doggystyle"]/actors/li[1]/bodyDefTypes</xpath>

that... is a lot of patches
it really puts the work you did for the animal patch into perspective a bit more
lol
that is damn impressive

image.png.24f18ad852fdd1c2b5051e6fffb07a28.pngThe first <li> in the actors node is supposed to be the one getting fucked. So if this is an animal fucking a human animation that slot will probably just be human under its defname node. The second <li> and subsequent ones are usually the ones fucking so if that is an animal I leave that blank but make sure it has the necessary node for my patches to add to it.

On the left is an example. This is specifically for a female humanlike getting fucked by anything that gets patched into the next actor slot and they also need to have a penis.

For testing your animation atm I would guess you could name the animation def the same as Beast_Doggystyle2 if you want to replace it for now. Or you could add your own unique animation def name to the patches. For testing you could just add it to the vanilla animals patch for now. 

<xpath>/Defs/Rimworld_Animations.AnimationDef[defName="Beast_Doggystyle2" or defName="BeastxBeast_Doggystyle" or defName="Beast_Oral"]/actors/li[1]/bodyDefTypes</xpath>

So this is what you would do if you wanted to add onto the patch. "or" basically means "and" really. I dont know why but thats how it is lol.

5 hours ago, Tory187 said:

image.png.24f18ad852fdd1c2b5051e6fffb07a28.pngThe first <li> in the actors node is supposed to be the one getting fucked. So if this is an animal fucking a human animation that slot will probably just be human under its defname node. The second <li> and subsequent ones are usually the ones fucking so if that is an animal I leave that blank but make sure it has the necessary node for my patches to add to it.

On the left is an example. This is specifically for a female humanlike getting fucked by anything that gets patched into the next actor slot and they also need to have a penis.

For testing your animation atm I would guess you could name the animation def the same as Beast_Doggystyle2 if you want to replace it for now. Or you could add your own unique animation def name to the patches. For testing you could just add it to the vanilla animals patch for now. 

<xpath>/Defs/Rimworld_Animations.AnimationDef[defName="Beast_Doggystyle2" or defName="BeastxBeast_Doggystyle" or defName="Beast_Oral"]/actors/li[1]/bodyDefTypes</xpath>

So this is what you would do if you wanted to add onto the patch. "or" basically means "and" really. I dont know why but thats how it is lol.

I think the actor order is good for what I was doing! 

so, I made two new animations for you: fem animal receiving oral from humanlike (or m animal if rimming), and humanlike receiving fellatio from animal.
I think I set up the tags right, so they will trigger when they are supposed to. I tested them in my game and they worked well, but I only tested with a male pawn, but I think they should be good! buuut you might wanna double check, if you consider adding them to your mod. 

I also went through and added my two animations, "Beast_Oral" and "Beast_Muzzlefuck" to the patch operation in all of the patch files in the patches folder. the animations work and trigger properly with all the animals I had available for testing.  I designed it for quadrupedal animals, so I can't guarantee they will look right for everything though!

I don't have any screen recording stuff set up right now so you will have to check them out manually if you are interested. I'll attach them below, and if others want them maybe we could incorporate them fully into your mod, or maybe I could just set up my own mod addition if you'd rather. ^^

AnimalPatchEdited.zip

so, I made two new animations for you: fem animal receiving oral from humanlike (or m animal if rimming), and humanlike receiving fellatio from animal.
I think I set up the tags right, so they will trigger when they are supposed to. I tested them in my game and they worked well, but I only tested with a male pawn, but I think they should be good! buuut you might wanna double check, if you consider adding them to your mod. 

I also went through and added my two animations, "Beast_Oral" and "Beast_Muzzlefuck" to the patch operation in all of the patch files in the patches folder. the animations work and trigger properly with all the animals I had available for testing.  I designed it for quadrupedal animals, so I can't guarantee they will look right for everything though!

I don't have any screen recording stuff set up right now so you will have to check them out manually if you are interested. I'll attach them below, and if others want them maybe we could incorporate them fully into your mod, or maybe I could just set up my own mod addition if you'd rather. ^^

AnimalPatchEdited.zip 37.1 kB · 1 download

I havent looked at them in game yet but just skimmed through the defs. Looks good xml-wise. I hope you didnt have to manually add your defs to every single one of those patches one at a time.

Ill look at them in game sometime. Let me know if you want to update them and ill hold off on adding them in to animal patch. Best place to reach me is the RJW discord btw. Link is in my signature. I sometimes go a good few days to a week without checking Lovers Lab lol.

AnimalPatchEdited.zip 37.1 kB · 0 downloads

Were do I put this file? In the Animal addon? And how do I trigger the scenes to test that they work?
They don't show up when I try to manually trigger them.

11 hours ago, Tory187 said:

I havent looked at them in game yet but just skimmed through the defs. Looks good xml-wise. I hope you didnt have to manually add your defs to every single one of those patches one at a time.

Ill look at them in game sometime. Let me know if you want to update them and ill hold off on adding them in to animal patch. Best place to reach me is the RJW discord btw. Link is in my signature. I sometimes go a good few days to a week without checking Lovers Lab lol.

i just used a find and replace for every patch file, it didn't take me too long xP
I'll try and make a preview of em so you don't have to put them in the game if you wanna check em out~

I did what tests I could on them and I've been running them in my game and I think I am happy with how they are now, but I would gladly welcome any advice on them if you do check them out~
I am hesitant to join any big discord servers but I'll check it out ?

10 hours ago, dovahnurse said:

Were do I put this file? In the Animal addon? And how do I trigger the scenes to test that they work?
They don't show up when I try to manually trigger them.

it isn't assembled in a way that makes it very drag-and-drop friendly right now. I compiled them together like that so tory187 could check them out on his own and see if he wants to add them to his patch. I may compile it into a full mod later on if he isn't interested in them.
if you do want to check it out yourself, you'll have to do this as of now:

replace "AnimalPatchBeastDoggystyle.xml" in RimWorld\Mods\RJWAnimAddons-Animalpatch\1.2\Defs\AnimationDefs with my version of the "AnimalPatchBeastDoggystyle.xml"
this will add the animations to the game.
then, replace every file in RimWorld\Mods\RJWAnimAddons-Animalpatch\Patches with the files I provided in my "patches" folder.
this will allow them to trigger for all supported animals.

keep in mind, because of the annoying way RJW changed animal oral interactions, most of the time they will only trigger if you force oral on an animal with a hero pawn. they changed it so that animal oral stuff is considered "rape" now. so you'd select a hero pawn and force the animal to either give fellatio, or force an animal to receive cunnilingus/rimming. I am hoping this will be changed in the future so animal oral interactions don't always have to be "forced", but that is out of my control.

I don't have genital textures so use your imagination lol
here's gifs of the animations tho, if y'all were curious.

Reveal hidden contents

beastmuzzle.gifbeastoral.gif

Hey, looks great! Ill see about adding them into animal patch tomorrow if thats alright with you.