Guest AthenaESIV
14 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Form 43 works fine in Skyrim SE. Generally speaking, there is no need to open a mod and resave in 64-bit CK to switch to form 44.

Regarding this mod specifically, I have been using it as-is (form 43) with Skyrim SE for the past several months without any problems.

Ty for response!

3 hours ago, bubba999 said:

Just a quick question: is there a fix for the mouth not opening while wearing the bridle gag? Or any other gag? It worked fine for awhile but then stopped after having sex.

Just so I understand this correctly, you want your character to NOT open his mouth when he/she is wearing a gag?

If I misunderstood your question, you can try this one.
Before you do so, it is best to save the current file somewhere.

DD 4.3a gag fix.zip

Edit:

Ah now I understand!
Sorry my English is not the best!
Try this fix, otherwise it's probably because the devices you get in this mod don't support DDi and don't offer animations.

Alternatively, you can get a matching gag from Laura's Bondage Shop or the Captured Dreams Shop. Just have it in your inventory and it will be created automatically.

I myself have a similar problem with the pony boots and the harness. :classic_huh:

Question (could be a bit spoilery, relates to certain follower's comment and its possible outcome if any):

Spoiler

When getting near the bandits camp at the river crossing behind Rorikstead (if you go toward Dragons Bridge), the follower said "You think if we captured one of these bandits we could train one to be another sex slave, Lola? Could be fun".
Is that something that can be done (i doubt it is, but i'd rather ask), or is it just a remark without anything behind it?

Something wierd with GetOwningQuest()

...again, i get error (different script now, obviously):

ERROR: Unable to call GetOwningQuest - no native object bound to the script object, or object is of incorrect type
stack:
	[<nullptr form> (5605CCE8)].vkj_z0805CCE8.GetOwningQuest() - "<native>" Line ?
	[<nullptr form> (5605CCE8)].vkj_z0805CCE8.Fragment_0() - "vkj_z0805CCE8.psc" Line 9 

Did nobody notice this?
In game, without watching the error log, you could probably notice the effect this error has - The error typically occurs after various things are said, after which some action/consequence should follow, but nothing happens because of this error (typically when the follower wants to administer some punishment).
Or is it just me???
(i run this on SE, so maybe you don't get the same engine bugs on LE)

5 hours ago, bubba999 said:

the mouth not opening while wearing the bridle gag? Or any other gag? It worked fine for awhile but then stopped after having sex.

2 hours ago, Krynn said:

Try this fix

I do have the DD 4.3 gag fix installed, but I also see this issue with the pony bridle gag working okay / mouth open before sex, but when the pony bridle gag is re-equipped after sex, then the mouth stays closed.

On 10/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, HexBolt8 said:

Added:  A new MCM Devices option for pony body harness.  Only available in black.

The MCM comment about this feature notes that the harness covers the naughty parts, and the comment says that may break immersion during sex.

However, the harness is unequipped during sex with the quest destination NPC, so I am unsure of the intended behavior.

1 hour ago, Roggvir said:

When kneeling, while talking to the follower, it doesn't clear the high heel effect (using NiO) so player is "floating" above ground.
This should be easy to fix, i will post a solution proposal later if nobody beats me to it.

I have this issue sadly with all animations when using Nio high heels. Is there a solution ?

17 minutes ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

I have this issue sadly with all animations when using Nio high heels. Is there a solution ?

The solution is to add a code (into the TopicIfno script fragment that triggers the kneeling) to clear the high heels effect, and then to restore it when the kneeling is done.
I will post a specific suggestion soon, i just got delayed by that pesky GetOwningQuest() bug.

EDIT: wait, what exactly do you mean by "with all animations" - you mean like animations played by SexLab?
If yes, then SexLab should have a solution in place - somewhere in its MCM you can toggle ON some "clear highheels" or something like that.
But that will have no effect on the kneeling started from this mod's dialogue, because it doesn't use SL to do the animation (which is correct, there is no reason for that, it just need to add its own tiny HH handling code).

@HexBolt8 I know you already said you don't want to replace the GetOwningQuest() with Quest.GetQuest() everywhere, but something really stinks here.
And using the GetQuest() is not going to be more costly than the other way - in some cases, if the scripts gets a rewrite like in my following example, the whole fragment will be actually faster (not that the 3 milliseconds matter in these cases, but it cannot hurt).

My proposal:

Spoiler

This is the current code in script vkj_z0805CCE8 (i removed the comments for brevity):

Scriptname vkj_z0805CCE8 Extends TopicInfo Hidden

Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
        Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
        vkjOwnerComment q = GetOwningQuest() as vkjOwnerComment
        q.MQ.FailedOfferingService = false
        q.MQ.UpdateTimesServiceIsRequired(1)
        q.MQ.WhipPlayer(true, true)
        q.MQ.TryToAddPunishmentDays()
        akSpeakerRef.Say(q.MQ.WhippingCommentsNegative)
        q.End()
    EndFunction

And this is how i recommend it to look like:

Scriptname vkj_z0805CCE8 Extends TopicInfo Hidden

Function Fragment_0(ObjectReference akSpeakerRef)
        Actor akSpeaker = akSpeakerRef as Actor
        vkjOwnerComment _OC = Quest.GetQuest("vkjOwnerComment") as vkjOwnerComment
        vkjMQ _MQ = _OC.MQ
        _MQ.FailedOfferingService = false
        _MQ.UpdateTimesServiceIsRequired(1)
        _MQ.WhipPlayer(true, true)
        _MQ.TryToAddPunishmentDays()
        akSpeakerRef.Say(_MQ.WhippingCommentsNegative)
        _OC.End()
    EndFunction

The altered script actually contains 4 less function calls than the original ? ...not thanks to GetQuest() of course, but thanks to using variable to hold the vkjMQ reference instead of calling the property q.MQ every time you need MQ (MQ is on a different script, so compiler cannot optimize it by accessing its variable directly and has to call a function instead - the property getter, and with that often comes thread switching, acquiring locks, etc.).
So, consider this very tiny bonus that comes with rewriting some of these fragments :)
...if you still don't want to do it, let me do it and send you the source+compiled scripts - after all, if you wouldn't, i would have to do it anyway.

2 hours ago, Herowynne said:

The MCM comment about this feature notes that the harness covers the naughty parts, and the comment says that may break immersion during sex.

However, the harness is unequipped during sex with the quest destination NPC, so I am unsure of the intended behavior.

It depends on how you have item stripping set up in SexLab.  Harnesses and corsets share the have slot, and corsets don't have to come off.  In my game I set the harness to stay on.  I'm going with the suggestion to pretend that the crotch area is open or that the gaps are larger.

3 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Or is it just me???

To be honest, I think it's just you (not trying to be funny).  For me, the number of times that that this mod's dialog has ended without performing its intended action is zero.  And it seems to be working okay for others.  While it might be possible to shave off a few nanoseconds by optimizing the scripts, the player won't notice any difference.  You'll see the same basic approach taken in many other mods.  It just doesn't sound right that all those mods are defective. 

You've been tweaking other scripts in this mod.  Is it possible that something you changed introduced a problem?  I'm not trying to throw this back on you, but if only you are having trouble with dialog scripts, there must be reason.  Or maybe something is corrupted in your saved game?  The real source of the problems you're seeing might be elusive.  I'm sure you'll agree that problems should be tackled at the source, not by patching over the symptoms.

As I said before, is a single script is broken, then sure, let's fix it.  I just don't think there's a systemic problem, particularly when it would also be affecting so many other mods.

That's just my take on it.  MrEsturk has been quiet lately, but my understanding is that I handed development of the mod back to him as of my last update on Sunday, so decisions like this, especially changes that would affect so many files, would be his to make as the mod owner.

18 minutes ago, dlombu said:

a lot of the time the Master's dialogue lines skip by too fast for me to read and only pause at their last line. Am I the only one that has that issue?

Be sure that subtitles are turned off.  Check that you're not using an old version of Fuz Ro D-oh.  Check that you didn't install Fuz Ro D-oh's alternate voice files, since several of those reduce the time that the text is displayed (I personally like the alternate files, but I'm not having trouble with the text duration).

2 hours ago, Roggvir said:

The solution is to add a code (into the TopicIfno script fragment that triggers the kneeling) to clear the high heels effect, and then to restore it when the kneeling is done.
I will post a specific suggestion soon, i just got delayed by that pesky GetOwningQuest() bug.

EDIT: wait, what exactly do you mean by "with all animations" - you mean like animations played by SexLab?
If yes, then SexLab should have a solution in place - somewhere in its MCM you can toggle ON some "clear highheels" or something like that.
But that will have no effect on the kneeling started from this mod's dialogue, because it doesn't use SL to do the animation (which is correct, there is no reason for that, it just need to add its own tiny HH handling code).

Ah thanks, the sexlab animations do fine, sorry. I meant kneeling or poser animations.

I have a question, actually a couple.

-If the original Stable Master is dead during the Pony Express quest, would that cause CTDs?

-Is there a way to stop a Master from interfering during combat. He was down when he decided PC was overburdened, something i could never get him to do at all, and bound her.

Of course she was defeated and sent to auction where she promptly went from 100 sub to -30 because of constant shocks. The leather bindings wouldn't register as being equipped even though the menu showed them as being worn. Worse, the shocks never stopped even after the bindings were recognized. 

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

You'll see the same basic approach taken in many other mods.  It just doesn't sound right that all those mods are defective.

Many mods are pretty messy on the inside - the contributors often change over time, ppl come and go, everybody with a different idea how to go about things, one starts rewriting something and never finishes, the next guy reverts half of it and replaces the other half with his changes, then adds new stuff on top of some legacy code, etc.
DD and DCL are good examples. I rewrote about half of the code in both of those mods, and not only it solved all the issues these mods are plagued with (directly or indirectly, caused by other mods utilizing these frameworks in sub-optimal ways), but everything feels faster and smoother, and gone are all the edge case race conditions.
I don't think Kimy decided to rewrite DD because she had nothing better to do :)

That being said, i sometimes take it a bit too far and do what some ppl would call "micro-optimizations", but the most modders seem to be the other extreme.
Seems to me that ppl think "oh, it doesn't make any practical difference if this code is a bit slower, a human won't be able to feel a difference anyway", not realizing its not just their code written this way, its almost ALL THE CODE.
Many modders aren't really programmers, and didn't actually read much of the documentation (which may not be their fault, good info on many things isn't always easily available).
Ppl seem to mostly learn as they go from whatever they happen to find, absorbing bad practices and habits, and it keeps snowballing.
Look at how many mods you use, how many of those are running scripts, and how many of those script you'd say are really well written - if you think most of those scripts are truly good, you need to have a closer look :)
Sorry, i am just ranting at this point, time to stop.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

You've been tweaking other scripts in this mod.  Is it possible that something you changed introduced a problem?

I don't think so, but of course it could be. I just can't imagine what would it be.
Afaik i didn't touch anything related to these TopicInfos or their script fragments.
I just cannot imagine any reason, how anything i could do, no matter what it would be, would result in the native TopicInfo detaching from the script fragment, causing the GetOwningQuest() be uncallable - because unless i am greatly missing the point, that is exactly what the error says.

I will add some debug traces before these calls.
See what will "self" point to, and what happens if i cast it to topicinfo - i doubt its going to be useful, but i am out of ideas.

I also have a tingly feeling when i think about the dialogues and topic infos - what IF it has something to do with other mods dialogue conflicts.
I recall a bit weird dialogue stuff happening with Devious Followers Continued - everytime i talk to the follower after the notification "You may ask your follower if she wants something", there is first some line from DFC (something about paying a fine for me), and only after that i get to the Lola dialogue.
Could it be that DFC is somehow messing up the dialogue, somehow resulting in some of the subsequent Lola's native TopicInfo objects getting discarded as soon as they get said?

I did mention i m running this on Skyrim SE - is there anybody else using SE?
Is there anybody running SE and using Devious Followers Continued with this?

1 hour ago, just_Gina said:

If the original Stable Master is dead during the Pony Express quest, would that cause CTDs?

No, though if there's no replacement or alternate, you won't be able to successfully complete the quest.  That quest only checks for the Hostler faction.  Any NPC, even one added by a mod, will qualify as long as it's in that faction.\

1 hour ago, just_Gina said:

Is there a way to stop a Master from interfering during combat. He was down when he decided PC was overburdened, something i could never get him to do at all, and bound her.

Yikes, I didn't think these quests could ever start during combat.  I didn't think that Skyrim allowed story manager events to trigger while you're fighting.  Were you in combat at that time?  It would be easy to add a combat check to each of the story manager quest nodes, but that would only work if you're still considered to be in combat by the game.

If something goes wrong like that, use the Suspend function on the mod's MCM Debug page.  That should stop all enforcement for worn items.

27 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Just thought that I would verify. Yes, I am using SE with DFC, and yes, I also get that line of dialogue before Lola tells me that I can ask my follow if she wants something. I haven't seen any problems arising from it, so far, but I could be missing something.

I have noticed that DFC seems to have some problems since I loaded Lola back in. At times my follower just stops doing anything related to the mod; no daily costs, getting bored, getting more demanding, deals. It is like it just freezes. I just had this happen with Chloe. She essentially broke. Nothing happening with DFC and then when I released her, she didn't have any dialogue to rejoin as my follower. She is just permanently excluded. Not sure if it is caused by a Lola conflict, but it is something that is new. So far DFC has been solidly reliable for months.

27 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Yes, there are many SE users.  Herowynne is on SE and has been using the mod since its reboot, I believe, and also uses DFC.

32 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

I also have a tingly feeling when i think about the dialogues and topic infos - what IF it has something to do with other mods dialogue conflicts.

I would encourage you to try this mod in a new game with a greatly stripped down mod list, just enough to run this mod for testing purposes.  If there is a weird mod interaction, that would be good to know.  In my experience, if something is happening only to me, it's either something that I did (and it's usually embarrassing when I finally figure out what that is) or some bad state that I managed to get things into (fixed by starting fresh).

21 minutes ago, cerebus300 said:

So far DFC has been solidly reliable for months

On LE here. I manage to break DFC regularly, not right away, but later ingame or in certain situations.

Mind you that are experiences before SLtR even existed.

DFC can get unlucky if:

> Follower approach while changing cell

> heavy script lag while DFC starts a quest (entering a city for example)

> DFC follower quests can get stuck (follower just stands there)

> DFC follower can loose DFC dialogue

> other mods can conflict with DFC dialogue and all the sudden you have a complete different NPC Quest running on the DFC follower

> missing a started conversation of DFC follower and just continue

> Custom follower with own behavior

> multiple enslavement mods on one NPC

That still doesn't mean that SLtR isn't the mod or one of the mods that conflicts. I mean we know already about one conflict ^^

21 minutes ago, cerebus300 said:

I just had this happen with Chloe. She essentially broke

I think DCL follower are bad choices for mods like DFC/SLtR/SD because DCL seems to effect them more than it appears even after the quest is finished. For example the DCL follower monitor never stops tracking chloe even if deactivated.

18 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

@Roggvir, cerebus300's comment just triggered a thought.  Are you aware of the blocking dialog conflicts between this mod and DFC and SL Survival?  Herowynne re-posted the fixes not long ago.

No, i am not using SL Survival, so i probably didn't pay attention.
I'll look it up.