19 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

If you want a second dominant follower, some players have been doing that by using a mod like Devious Followers Continued to have the second follower be the devious follower. 

Yes, I have tried this quite a bit. Having both a Submissive Lola master and a Devious Follower keeps the player character quite busy, but the game is still playable in terms of quests, adventuring, etc. So far it has been a lot of fun!

13 hours ago, valcon767 said:

DEC is not actually a "dominant follower" type mod.  it is a bridge type mod that does some stuff depending on conditions, but will send you to 

other mods that do a lot more stuff to, and possibly for you.  it is also up for adoption (not being developed or really maintained anymore).

DFC on the other hand is being actively developed and maintained, and can do a lot more to and for you.

I've found DEC's "Follower dialogue" functions effective at getting my pack of followers to behave like doms, demand sex, and yep, even add devices to my character. if I allow those settings.  When I tried DFC, I felt like it's major focus was on the devices - my poor PC couldn't walk two feet without something being changed or added or etc.  I get that fiddling about with the settings lets you adjust all that, but it seemed like one had to jump through hoops and invest quite a bit of time to get to a stable state of doms/sub-style role-play (if ever).

Basically, I want the central focus to be on the role-play, and little to no devices play as that's just not my thing.

At any rate, thanks for replying and sharing your thoughts on the subject.  :)

2 hours ago, ryanmayfair said:

one had to jump through hoops and invest quite a bit of time to get to a stable state of doms/sub-style role-play

Yes, I have found that to be true. When I recruit a new Devious follower, I often spend an hour or more fiddling with settings in DFC's MCM, adjusting parameters and choosing specific deals and deal options to use. I think that's fun and allows me to customize the experience with a Devious follower, but I recognize that not everyone would want to spend time on that.

Ideally, I wish that Devious Followers Continued did not bundle different restraints/behaviors/events into deals, and simply had a big MCM page to let the player individually choose things the Devious follower would do to the player character. In other words, I wish that DFC's MCM Deals pages were more like Submissive Lola's MCM Rules page. I think that Submissive Lola's Rules page is much more intuitive and much easier to use.

31 minutes ago, danta said:

Ok this is driving me nuts. I just cant figure out how to trigger the rope stuff

It's meant to be a surprise, since you'll see most of the events fairly quickly.  But if you want to know (spoiler):

Spoiler

Hint:  You must be in a area with a lot of rope. 

Total giveaway:

Spoiler

A ship or shipwreck.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

It's meant to be a surprise, since you'll see most of the events fairly quickly.  But if you want to know (spoiler):

Reveal hidden contents

Hint:  You must be in a area with a lot of rope. 

Total giveaway:

Reveal hidden contents

A ship or shipwreck.

After many hours of searching I've finally found this location. But unfortunately the rope does not show up on my player. It shows in my inventory as being equipped but does not show on the body. I suspect the item is from DDx 4.3 and I only have DDx 4.2 installed.

On 8/1/2020 at 12:53 PM, HexBolt8 said:

For those with problems from other mods blocking this mod's dialog when kneeling to offer service, you might try this update without any edits or patches to those other mods, to see if it helps.  Since kneeling is a short-term event, I maxed the priority on the owner's response to hopefully help it win. 

Thanks @HexBolt8 but unfortunately, with this change, the problem still occurred for me on Skyrim SE.

I tested with SubmissiveLolaEsturk_089.7zSubmissive Lola Resubmission Patch - 31 July 2020.7z, and submissivelola_est.7z, and I did not use my DFLolaPatch or SLSLolaPatch, and after kneeling, I got the line of dialogue from Devious Followers, "Stupid girl. I had to pay a fine for you. Until you pay me back - with interest - I'm not letting you out of my sight."

1 hour ago, olonolo said:

But unfortunately the rope does not show up on my player. It shows in my inventory as being equipped but does not show on the body. I suspect the item is from DDx 4.3 and I only have DDx 4.2 installed.

You're probably right.  You have a good reason to update your DDx now.  ?

56 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

unfortunately, with this change, the problem still occurred for me on Skyrim SE.

Thank you for trying.  I was hoping that the higher priority would win.  Well, I'll leave the change in anyway.  Maybe it will help with something else. 

5 hours ago, olonolo said:

After many hours of searching I've finally found this location. But unfortunately the rope does not show up on my player. It shows in my inventory as being equipped but does not show on the body. I suspect the item is from DDx 4.3 and I only have DDx 4.2 installed.

Yeah, all the shibari style rope harness content wasn't added until 4.3

Feature Update

This is a complete patch for version 0.89.  You don't need earlier patches.

EDIT:  This update is obsolete.  Use the one here.

This update was surprisingly time consuming, but it completes all the items that I said earlier that I wanted to deliver, and it fills out everything that I personally would want in a 1.0 release.  After fixing any new bugs, I think the mod will have moved beyond beta status.

I'm not stopping (there's more I can do), and MrEsturk will be returning soon to take the helm.  I'm just saying that I've scratched off all the major items on my wish list, I've squashed every bug I could reproduce, and I feel very good about where the mod is now. 

Features

Spoiler

I assigned the kneeling and shoe licking scenes to blocking dialog branches.  Maybe *this* will help with blocking dialog conflicts with other mods.  In my testing, it didn't seem to break anything in this mod.

Express Yourself

There's a new "I want to tell you something" dialog under "Master/Mistress?".  Basically you can say "You're mean", "I'm glad I'm your slave", and "I love you".  The first one lowers your score but doesn't earn you a punishment (unless you're rebellious).  It's an immersive way to keep your score down (if you want that) by expressing displeasure without being defiant.  The second is the opposite, though you'll only have a chance for a score increase, for saying that you like the thing you asked for. 

"I love you" is the most random and full of surprises.  Your owner will react to what you said, but do not expect a heartwarming moment.  Maybe the owner is messing with you (the playful side of things), maybe the owner doesn't have those feelings for you, or maybe the owner is involved with someone else (another follower?) and simply likes doing kinky stuff with you.  If you want love and romance, install a mod for that.  Here, your owner is only concerned with making you a better slave.

You may only say ONE of these things every 24 hours.

Remember that the Picky Owner chance applies.  Your owner might react negatively to your declaration of love. 

"You're mean" is always available.  The other options only appear when your owner thinks you're Submissive (score 50+).

My intent was to be consistent with the rest of the mod.  Your owner is neither cruel nor softhearted.  Your owner is only interested in controlling you and making you understand that you actually like the things that are being done to you, with an occasional bit of humor.

Strong Hand

Owner's dialog is now different if you left enslavement and you're returning.
Owner knows if you had another master before coming back, and is not pleased.

Asking to be released now earns you a parting whipping if your score is at least 20.

Adventuring Slave quest has more variety of dialog and more things to say.

Various bug fixes, including the problem with multiple quest markers after returning to master.

11 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Feature Update

This is a complete patch for version 0.89.  You don't need earlier patches.

Submissive Lola Resubmission Patch - 2 August 2020.7z 146.92 kB · 29 downloads

This update was surprisingly time consuming, but it completes all the items that I said earlier that I wanted to deliver, and it fills out everything that I personally would want in a 1.0 release.  After fixing any new bugs, I think the mod will have moved beyond beta status.

I'm not stopping (there's more I can do), and MrEsturk will be returning soon to take the helm.  I'm just saying that I've scratched off all the major items on my wish list, I've squashed every bug I could reproduce, and I feel very good about where the mod is now. 

Features

Reveal hidden contents

I assigned the kneeling and shoe licking scenes to blocking dialog branches.  Maybe *this* will help with blocking dialog conflicts with other mods.  In my testing, it didn't seem to break anything in this mod.

Express Yourself

There's a new "I want to tell you something" dialog under "Master/Mistress?".  Basically you can say "You're mean", "I'm glad I'm your slave", and "I love you".  The first one lowers your score but doesn't earn you a punishment (unless you're rebellious).  It's an immersive way to keep your score down (if you want that) by expressing displeasure without being defiant.  The second is the opposite, though you'll only have a chance for a score increase, for saying that you like the thing you asked for. 

"I love you" is the most random and full of surprises.  Your owner will react to what you said, but do not expect a heartwarming moment.  Maybe the owner is messing with you (the playful side of things), maybe the owner doesn't have those feelings for you, or maybe the owner is involved with someone else (another follower?) and simply likes doing kinky stuff with you.  If you want love and romance, install a mod for that.  Here, your owner is only concerned with making you a better slave.

You may only say ONE of these things every 24 hours.

Remember that the Picky Owner chance applies.  Your owner might react negatively to your declaration of love. 

"You're mean" is always available.  The other options only appear when your owner thinks you're Submissive (score 50+).

My intent was to be consistent with the rest of the mod.  Your owner is neither cruel nor softhearted.  Your owner is only interested in controlling you and making you understand that you actually like the things that are being done to you, with an occasional bit of humor.

Strong Hand

Owner's dialog is now different if you left enslavement and you're returning.
Owner knows if you had another master before coming back, and is not pleased.

Asking to be released now earns you a parting whipping if your score is at least 20.

Adventuring Slave quest has more variety of dialog and more things to say.

Various bug fixes, including the problem with multiple quest markers after returning to master.

could it be that the patch broke the punishment request? Nothing happens for me when I ask for punishment and my mistress says yes.

50 minutes ago, Mehmeme said:

could it be that the patch broke the punishment request? Nothing happens for me when I ask for punishment and my mistress says yes.

Yes it did.  I'd added an optional parameter to the whipping function and didn't realize how it would affect other scripts. 

Bug Fix Update

A small but important update, this one corrects whipping which I broke with the last update (I'm sorry about that).

This is a complete patch for version 0.89.  You don't need earlier patches.  It includes everything from yesterday's update.

EDIT:  Removed obsolete patch.

Fixed whipping.

Fixed 2 bad references in the "love you" dialog conditions.

Kneeling better positions the player to face toward the owner.

Removed the laziness system.  It was beta functionality that was turned off.  Now for simplicity it's gone.

The 2 last Updates broke a little bit more i guess.

First, the Last change kind of freezes short Game if you kneel down (can be only me). but before the patch this didn't happened before.

And If you are gagged now and still want to speak with the amster the kneeling starts but the Dialoge doesn't continue as usual.

44 minutes ago, coffeeink said:

First, the Last change kind of freezes short Game if you kneel down (can be only me). but before the patch this didn't happened before.

And If you are gagged now and still want to speak with the amster the kneeling starts but the Dialoge doesn't continue as usual.

Hmm, I tested that before and retested and both work (gagged and not gagged).  The only change there was linking the kneeling dialog topics to new dialog branches with the Blocking flag, another attempt to get past other mods locking out that dialog.  I don't know if that helped, but in my game it didn't hurt. 

You could check whether it a makes a difference for you by deleting the branches vkjLickFeetBranch and vkjMQKneelBranch (just the branches, not their associated topics).  That should be simple in TES5Edit (maybe not so much in the creation kit).  You'll notice that those branches have a null starting topic.  That's intentional. 

Other than known mod conflicts, is anyone else having difficulty with the kneeling dialog?

5 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Kneeling better positions the player to face toward the owner.

The previous system worked better for me. This new system causes a snapping effect with the camera that is rather jarring. I don't know if I have a vote, but if I do, I vote for going back to the previous system. :)

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

linking the kneeling dialog topics to new dialog branches with the Blocking flag, another attempt to get past other mods locking out that dialog.  I don't know if that helped

I tested the "3 August" patch with version 0.89 on Skyrim SE, without my DFLolaPatch and without my SLSLolaPatch, and unfortunately, this change still encounters the issue after Kneeling. I got the DF dialogue "Stupid girl. I had to pay a fine for you." With this 3 August patch, I got two ellipses (...) dialogue responses, rather than just one ellipsis, so I think this change may be going in the wrong direction. My vote would be to go back to the previous way it was.

3 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

You'll notice that those branches have a null starting topic.  That's intentional.

xEdit complains about those when I do "Check Errors'. My vote would be to undo this change. Before this change, it was really great that this mod was clean with zero errors reported by xEdit.

@HexBolt8 I really appreciate your working hard to fix these issues, and I apologize - I am really sorry to be giving negative feedback about these recent changes. Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

I really appreciate your working hard to fix these issues, and I apologize - I am really sorry to be giving negative feedback about these recent changes.

It's useful feedback.  The blocking branches were my final and most heavy-handed attempt to counter the blocking dialog from other mods.  This is still beta, so it was worth a shot.  Had it worked, I could have lived with the 2 errors.  Since it isn't helping, I'll remove that in the next update.  I'm giving up on trying to handle conflicting blocking dialog for those scenes.

Yes, I'm aware of the camera snap on kneeling.  It's frustrating that changing the player's rotation even a little will make the camera move like that, and I'm not aware if a way to prevent that in a script.  I'd set it up so it won't try to rotate you if your alignment is within +/- 10 degrees of facing your owner.  I added the feature because I'm really bad about not facing the person I click to talk to.  Since the camera snap is certainly annoying, I'll make a configurable option for kneeling correction in the next update, defaulted off.  I'll still be able to use it, but others won't see it unless they deliberately turn it on. 

2 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

heavy-handed attempt to counter the blocking dialog from other mods. 

On Skyrim SE, my ESL-flagged DFLolaPatch and SLSLolaPatch patches seem to be an OK solution.

With respect to heavy-handed fixes... Skyrim LE doesn't offer ESL flagging, and tiny patches like this don't deserve to take up precious plugin slots, but I am willing to create a variant or two of submissivelola_est.esp for LE that includes the changes from DFLolaPatch and SLSLolaPatch. if @HexBolt8 and @MrEsturk are OK with that approach. Adding the changes to a variant of submissivelola_est.esp would avoid taking a plugin slot, and would avoid players having to patch DFC and SLS themselves.

Of course, I understand that the ESP variants must be updated with each new version of the mod, and some mod authors are not comfortable with that.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'm confused.  Aren't you actually patching DF and SLS?

Yes, that is correct. The patches patch DF and SLS.

I'm sorry that I did not explain my suggestion well.

I'm trying to suggest a way to offer the DF and SLS patches to folks using Skyrim LE, in a way that avoids two additional separate ESPs, and avoids taking up precious plugin slots on LE.

My suggestion is that the patches could be added to a variant of submissivelola_est.esp.

Stability and Bug Fix Update

This is a complete patch for version 0.89.  You don't need earlier patches.

NOTE:  If the hair change quest is currently active in your game, it will break if you install this update.  Wait for the quest to finish before updating, OR "stopquest vkjshavehead" in the console and use ShowRaceMenu to fix your hair before installing this update.

EDIT:  Removed obsolete patch.

Hair Change Event

The implementation has been greatly simplified.  Far fewer moving parts, and fewer things that can break.
The only visible difference is the removal of the Random Shaved/Color option (refresh the lists on the Debug page).

Retested every hair change option and confirmed that they work.

Dialog for getting your hair style or color back now correctly identifies the type of change (shaved, color, or style).
The hair change uses a nicer fade in and fade out effect.

Other

If you failed to meet your daily quota for offering service, your owner will punish you during the next day, and that day's quota will be increased by one.
Removed previous attempts to counter blocking dialog from other mods.
Made the player angle adjustment when kneeling into a configurable option on the MCM Debug page, defaulted off.

Any thoughts on expanding alcohol options? Master takes alcohol. Master can make char do things, e.g. pee. What about make char drink alcohol? Or skooma? With EsturkBooze add-on, can add additional effect to drinking, like increasing arousal. Maybe make similar add-on like Booze for Skooma. DCL had option (not sure if it worked) that would trigger event if drunk and high arousal. Maybe worth incorporating and expanding.

Overall, another mechanism for forcing increased arousal and drunk state.