Guest AthenaESIV

Nomkaz just curious, does this mod perform well in SE in your opinion? Even on LE I seem to remember this mod had several quest breaking issues

Also, another question soliciting your opinion, lol... What would you say are the best nsfw mods and mod conversions for SE which perform really well and consistently work properly? Broad question, no need to be comprehensive, just your gut reaction maybe listing whatever comes to mind...

Ty for all your conversions!

10 hours ago, Avalon2105 said:

You have my infinite thanks. Love this mod but whole save issue was driving me crazy. Don't know how you find out that underscore in cell name was the issue, I'm just glad all of us can play it normally now.

I'm a software developer, and have a lot of experience with data processing and parsing. Once I realized the bug triggered upon entering the cell (with auto-save enabled) I went looking to see if it was being corrupted in memory or somewhere else. I checked the console documentation, found the "dpid" command, and discovered it wasn't being corrupted there, so it had to be the file-name of the save. Casual inspection showed embedded values, delimited by underscores. Seeing that the cell names contained underscores, I figured it had to be confusing the parser. Simply renaming the file properly, without even touching the plugin fixed the issue, so I knew what needed to be changed to fix the problem overall.

I've noticed some other plugins do this as well. Like the Riverwood shop added by Schlongs of Skyrim. Since Oldrim/LE doesn't group saves by character like SE does, I'm guessing there's a lot more SE conversions out there with the same issue.

20 hours ago, AthenaESIV said:

Nomkaz just curious, does this mod perform well in SE in your opinion? Even on LE I seem to remember this mod had several quest breaking issues

Also, another question soliciting your opinion, lol... What would you say are the best nsfw mods and mod conversions for SE which perform really well and consistently work properly? Broad question, no need to be comprehensive, just your gut reaction maybe listing whatever comes to mind...

I don't know of any issues that are quest breaking at all.

11 hours ago, Yamioni said:

I'm a software developer, and have a lot of experience with data processing and parsing. Once I realized the bug triggered upon entering the cell (with auto-save enabled) I went looking to see if it was being corrupted in memory or somewhere else. I checked the console documentation, found the "dpid" command, and discovered it wasn't being corrupted there, so it had to be the file-name of the save. Casual inspection showed embedded values, delimited by underscores. Seeing that the cell names contained underscores, I figured it had to be confusing the parser. Simply renaming the file properly, without even touching the plugin fixed the issue, so I knew what needed to be changed to fix the problem overall.

I've noticed some other plugins do this as well. Like the Riverwood shop added by Schlongs of Skyrim. Since Oldrim/LE doesn't group saves by character like SE does, I'm guessing there's a lot more SE conversions out there with the same issue.

It could be half of them lol

On 10/25/2020 at 3:49 PM, AthenaESIV said:

I've played through the entire main-quest chain recently, and I've only noticed two things; one the plugin's fault, the other not so much.

The first is that the side-quests required to advance to the next main-quest isn't always tracked correctly. This isn't a huge issue since the side-quests can be knocked out fairly quickly, but I noticed that even at a setting of one (the number is configurable, defaults to five) I sometimes needed to do two or more to get the main-quest chain to advance. Again, minor gripe.

The second is that you need to make sure you have animations installed for all the creatures. The base FNIS/MNC packs seem to be missing Skeever animations, so you'll want to add Billyy's packs to cover those animations. If you're missing an animation for a creature that is considered "valid" when an animation is attempted to be played, the error isn't really handled (Sexlab Enchantress has this issue as well.) The end result is that the Skeever main quest gets stuck because it's waiting on an animation with the Skeever to complete, which never happens because it doesn't exist. The API that checks the validity of the creature is really to blame here; it shouldn't be returning "true" for creatures that don't have animations (the console even reports that the creature is valid but has no animations..... so why is it valid?)

So, for me, the only real complaint I have is that there isn't more content! Or that there's no real feeling of completion... You reach the end of the main-quest chain and can keep running side-quests, but there's no "capstone" quest where Thaena thanks you for everything you've done and rewards you in some way. It almost feels like the original developer intended to add more content, but didn't.

20 hours ago, Yamioni said:

I've played through the entire main-quest chain recently, and I've only noticed two things; one the plugin's fault, the other not so much.

The first is that the side-quests required to advance to the next main-quest isn't always tracked correctly. This isn't a huge issue since the side-quests can be knocked out fairly quickly, but I noticed that even at a setting of one (the number is configurable, defaults to five) I sometimes needed to do two or more to get the main-quest chain to advance. Again, minor gripe.

The second is that you need to make sure you have animations installed for all the creatures. The base FNIS/MNC packs seem to be missing Skeever animations, so you'll want to add Billyy's packs to cover those animations. If you're missing an animation for a creature that is considered "valid" when an animation is attempted to be played, the error isn't really handled (Sexlab Enchantress has this issue as well.) The end result is that the Skeever main quest gets stuck because it's waiting on an animation with the Skeever to complete, which never happens because it doesn't exist. The API that checks the validity of the creature is really to blame here; it shouldn't be returning "true" for creatures that don't have animations (the console even reports that the creature is valid but has no animations..... so why is it valid?)

So, for me, the only real complaint I have is that there isn't more content! Or that there's no real feeling of completion... You reach the end of the main-quest chain and can keep running side-quests, but there's no "capstone" quest where Thaena thanks you for everything you've done and rewards you in some way. It almost feels like the original developer intended to add more content, but didn't.

"The first is that the side-quests required to advance to the next main-quest isn't always tracked correctly. This isn't a huge issue since the side-quests can be knocked out fairly quickly, but I noticed that even at a setting of one (the number is configurable, defaults to five) I sometimes needed to do two or more to get the main-quest chain to advance. Again, minor gripe."

That's for sure a script issue, and one I don't have the knowledge to remedy.

"The second is that you need to make sure you have animations installed for all the creatures. The base FNIS/MNC packs seem to be missing Skeever animations, so you'll want to add Billyy's packs to cover those animations. If you're missing an animation for a creature that is considered "valid" when an animation is attempted to be played, the error isn't really handled (Sexlab Enchantress has this issue as well.) The end result is that the Skeever main quest gets stuck because it's waiting on an animation with the Skeever to complete, which never happens because it doesn't exist. The API that checks the validity of the creature is really to blame here; it shouldn't be returning "true" for creatures that don't have animations (the console even reports that the creature is valid but has no animations..... so why is it valid?)"

More Nasty Critters Special Edition 12.06A or higher.   ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!!!!!!!      MNC directs SL to use the proper animations for the different critters.

While extra animation packs are always a plus, they shouldn't be needed if MNC is installed. I have extra animation packs installed by default, so if this is really

a mod issue, I wouldn't know. 

"So, for me, the only real complaint I have is that there isn't more content! Or that there's no real feeling of completion... You reach the end of the main-quest chain and can keep running side-quests, but there's no "capstone" quest where Thaena thanks you for everything you've done and rewards you in some way. It almost feels like the original developer intended to add more content, but didn't."

@tasairis is working on a complete rebuild of this mod (Animal Mansion Extended), with much more, (and in my opinion WAY better content). You should give that one a try, and track it. ;p

13 hours ago, nomkaz said:

More Nasty Critters Special Edition 12.06A or higher.   ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!!!!!!!      MNC directs SL to use the proper animations for the different critters.

While extra animation packs are always a plus, they shouldn't be needed if MNC is installed. I have extra animation packs installed by default, so if this is really

"So, for me, the only real complaint I have is that there isn't more content! Or that there's no real feeling of completion... You reach the end of the main-quest chain and can keep running side-quests, but there's no "capstone" quest where Thaena thanks you for everything you've done and rewards you in some way. It almost feels like the original developer intended to add more content, but didn't."

@tasairis is working on a complete rebuild of this mod (Animal Mansion Extended), with much more, (and in my opinion WAY better content). You should give that one a try, and track it. ;p

I downloaded MNC 12.3 SE on October 10, and it didn't register any animations for skeevers; everything else works fine. I installed Billyy's packs, and still don't have any in-game, even though I ran FNIS and saw the creature count jump by about 12 (and I'm pretty sure skeevers were part of that.) So I don't know, maybe it's a "me" issue after all. Edit: Yeah, it was. I needed to register everything through SLAL and didn't wait long enough the first time...

I'll certainly check out the rebuild though, thanks for the heads-up.

1 hour ago, AnInsaneMoose said:

I have an issue (that is likely just me missing something obvious)

I started the quests, and finished the quest to get the dog, now I can entertain guests, but I cant do anything else (like recruiting more animals)

Same here.

BTW, thank you for all your conversions, nomkaz. Great job! 

5 hours ago, AnInsaneMoose said:

I have an issue (that is likely just me missing something obvious)

I started the quests, and finished the quest to get the dog, now I can entertain guests, but I cant do anything else (like recruiting more animals)

4 hours ago, Incubusbul said:

Same here.

BTW, thank you for all your conversions, nomkaz. Great job! 

Thanks!  The mod sometimes gets caught in a loop, that's a script issue that I have no idea how to resolve. Making a hard save then loading that save con sometimes trigger the next quest. Or use the MCM skip-to quest feature

On 10/27/2020 at 1:29 PM, nomkaz said:

I have that installed, and had the Falmer quest hang due to a lack of female falmer animation.

Are you saying the error is actually MNC's?

48 minutes ago, snarfies said:

I have that installed, and had the Falmer quest hang due to a lack of female falmer animation.

Are you saying the error is actually MNC's?

Do you have FNIS creatures installed? That's a hard requirement for MNC. or any other SL creature  mod. If things are missing, you will have missing animations. MNC looks for appropriate animations, if MNC doesn't have it, and you don't have it installed, it won't find the animations. Also, check your Sexlab MCM, and make sure you have creature framework active, and creature animations are activated in the SL MCM. If everything is set up properly, this mod works just fine. 

14 minutes ago, bleep275 said:

Is there a Quest ID for this? I keep having issues at the skeever quest. Im stuck at the 3 rats at once part in "rat pack". Animation wont play. I just wanna finish the quest T-T. But anyway, thanks to the ones who made this mod a possibility

Check your console; you should see a message about the skeever being a valid creature type, but that it has no animations installed. Grab SLAL and Billyy's creature pack. Once the skeever animations are registered correctly, the quest should proceed as expected.

(I'd suggest installing all of Billyy's animations while you're at it, there's some really good ones in there, and much more variety than what you get in just FNIS/MNC.)

On 11/5/2020 at 5:47 PM, ARHDrogon said:

i have all the requirements installed but there parts arent showing during the scenes

If you're referring to Creature genitalia, you should look for help on the MNC page, you'll get better help there. This mod doesn't do anything to creatures other than tell them to use other mod's resources. 

33 minutes ago, vpmoney324 said:

The Rat pack quest bugged on me and i cant finish it is there anyway to just complete the quest with a cheat so i can continue to use the mod?

Same here. And animation is not the problem, I have it all working just fine with skeevers. Any way to even restart the whole thing?

You're not using this mod on LE are you? That's the only reason I can think of why the mansions wouldn't show up is that, since the textures and meshes aren't LE compatible. Or do you also have Animal Mansion Extended installed as well? You shouldn't as AMP and AME are full mods, and not mutually compatible either. It COULD be a mod conflict as well, but I can't think of another mod that would overwrite that same location with nothing.

23 minutes ago, Pleasejustleavemealone said:

So I have an issue, the mansion itself is not showing up but the doors to enter is, when I enter the whole things loads just fine and works great but the mansion itself is completely invisible other than the doors. Does anyone know what could be causing that?

On 11/9/2020 at 4:14 AM, vpmoney324 said:

The Rat pack quest bugged on me and i cant finish it is there anyway to just complete the quest with a cheat so i can continue to use the mod?

I believe the quest IDs begin with "NA_". type "showquesttargets" and find the one that begins with "NA_" and that one should be our current AMP quest