9 hours ago, Not a prisoner said:

Hope it's ok to ask this here ... following the advice on the first page, I downloaded the SexLab Framework dev version from github and installed it (in MO2). When I open SexLab in MCM, it still says 1.63 beta on the first page. Is this usual? Has the text just not been updated?  The installation has definitely worked in some ways, as some sound fx which I removed have come back, but I don't know how to check for sure if I have the dev version installed and working.

Zaz recognizes it as a Dev version

7 hours ago, Justarandomanon said:

Anybody know how to get the horse quest to start? I get given the gold but no quest or new dialogue actually shows up at the horse seller. (I've tried forcing it with console commands and checked that the it's the actual seller not his son).

Do you have the most recent version of M.N.C. SE installed?

11 hours ago, Justarandomanon said:

Anybody know how to get the horse quest to start? I get given the gold but no quest or new dialogue actually shows up at the horse seller. (I've tried forcing it with console commands and checked that the it's the actual seller not his son).

Same issue here as well, confirmed MNCSE is update as well I can can tell. Going to update to SexLab-Dev from GH and see that might correct it. 

I had a question. I don't really know how else to say this, but like, I Can't fuck the dog. I"m trying to advance the story and It won't let me, Is there any mod that would cause this? It said all the required mods loaded fine so It might be another one

Thanks ahead of time. Any input is appreciated

21 hours ago, bbgtfr said:

I had a question. I don't really know how else to say this, but like, I Can't fuck the dog. I"m trying to advance the story and It won't let me, Is there any mod that would cause this? It said all the required mods loaded fine so It might be another one

Thanks ahead of time. Any input is appreciated

Bailey or one of the ones for sale? Are you using the latest version of MNC SE?

20 minutes ago, WEINERSCHNITZEL said:

hey im still kinda new to some of this stuff, what exaclty is SEQ? and how do i generate a new one with SSEdit?

If you don't know, don't mess with it. It could just be a delay are the quest markers working? Also, don't do the ones where you invite people, they only work hit or miss. Nothing I can do about that. I don't know how to script.

On 9/7/2020 at 1:46 AM, nomkaz said:

If you don't know, don't mess with it. It could just be a delay are the quest markers working? Also, don't do the ones where you invite people, they only work hit or miss. Nothing I can do about that. I don't know how to script.

the quest doesn't start at all, ill mess around with the load order maybe something is screwing it up.

4 hours ago, WEINERSCHNITZEL said:

the quest doesn't start at all, ill mess around with the load order maybe something is screwing it up.

It could be that something didn't install properly, and reinstalling could get things to work. It could be AMP, FNIS, MNC, or sexlab that didn't install properly, so You'd have to do reinstall one, then check, then reinstall another, and check, etc

I am experiencing an issue where completing objectives does not progress the quest.  During the first one, after "having fun with the dog" (Bailey), nothing happens.  I currently have the most recent version of MNC I could find (v12_1).  Any possible solution?  There may be a conflict with the arousal mod I also have installed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey all, I'd like you to know I figured out the issue with the game saves getting messed up (where the player ID becomes 00000000 and they no longer group properly.)

This is due to the mansion's cell name having an underscore in it. Yeah. That simple. Save files have numerous values embedded in their names, which the game uses to figure out which ones to group together. Here's a save from outside the mansion:

Save4_2333BD13_0_436861727369_Tamriel_000052_20201021073607_15_1

So you have a save "name", a player ID, some other values, the cell name, then some more values. All that's really important is the cell name. When you save inside the mansion, you get this the first time:

Save5_2333BD13_0_436861727369_NA_AnimalMansion_000240_20201021093441_18_1

For some reason, though, the game engine re-parses the name of the file after saving it, and sees not "NA_AnimalMansion" as the cell name, but "NA". It then tries to parse "AnimalMansion" into a number, throws an exception, and that's when the player ID gets cleared. So the next time you save, you see this:

Save6_00000000_0_436861727369_NA_AnimalMansion_000240_20201021093445_18_1

Interestingly, running "dpid" in the console still shows the correct player ID for your character, so why the engine uses the re-parsed value from the filename instead of the one in memory is anyone's guess. Probably a bug they either never noticed or didn't bother to fix, since the base game doesn't use underscores in their cell names.

Update: I opened the ESP in Creation Kit and renamed the cells, and the issue does appear to be fixed. It would be great if @nomkaz could release an update for this fix, since they've stated that updating the ESP to SE bugs out the scripts, and clearly has a better idea of how to do this properly without breaking anything.

12 hours ago, Yamioni said:

Hey all, I'd like you to know I figured out the issue with the game saves getting messed up (where the player ID becomes 00000000 and they no longer group properly.)

This is due to the mansion's cell name having an underscore in it. Yeah. That simple. Save files have numerous values embedded in their names, which the game uses to figure out which ones to group together. Here's a save from outside the mansion:

Save4_2333BD13_0_436861727369_Tamriel_000052_20201021073607_15_1

So you have a save "name", a player ID, some other values, the cell name, then some more values. All that's really important is the cell name. When you save inside the mansion, you get this the first time:

Save5_2333BD13_0_436861727369_NA_AnimalMansion_000240_20201021093441_18_1

For some reason, though, the game engine re-parses the name of the file after saving it, and sees not "NA_AnimalMansion" as the cell name, but "NA". It then tries to parse "AnimalMansion" into a number, throws an exception, and that's when the player ID gets cleared. So the next time you save, you see this:

Save6_00000000_0_436861727369_NA_AnimalMansion_000240_20201021093445_18_1

Interestingly, running "dpid" in the console still shows the correct player ID for your character, so why the engine uses the re-parsed value from the filename instead of the one in memory is anyone's guess. Probably a bug they either never noticed or didn't bother to fix, since the base game doesn't use underscores in their cell names.

Update: I opened the ESP in Creation Kit and renamed the cells, and the issue does appear to be fixed. It would be great if @nomkaz could release an update for this fix, since they've stated that updating the ESP to SE bugs out the scripts, and clearly has a better idea of how to do this properly without breaking anything.

Did you rename anything other than the main mansion cell?

11 hours ago, nomkaz said:

Did you rename anything other than the main mansion cell?

Yes, all eight of the cells added by the plugin, all of which start with "NA_". Saving in any cell with an underscore in the name will trigger this behavior, not just the main mansion. Note that the basement actually has two underscores in the name, not just one. Other than the cell names, I touched nothing.

Edit: It just occurred to me that it would probably be useful to mention that seven of the cells are under "Interiors" and the eighth (NA_SabreCatCaveExterior) is under "Tamriel". Just so you're not wondering where I found number eight.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:45 PM, Yamioni said:

Yes, all eight of the cells added by the plugin, all of which start with "NA_". Saving in any cell with an underscore in the name will trigger this behavior, not just the main mansion. Note that the basement actually has two underscores in the name, not just one. Other than the cell names, I touched nothing.

Edit: It just occurred to me that it would probably be useful to mention that seven of the cells are under "Interiors" and the eighth (NA_SabreCatCaveExterior) is under "Tamriel". Just so you're not wondering where I found number eight.

Holy crap, I'm going cross-eyed CK, could you just send me your corrected ESP and I'll upload it with credit to you?

14 hours ago, Yamioni said:

DM'd. Happy to help.

You have my infinite thanks. Love this mod but whole save issue was driving me crazy. Don't know how you find out that underscore in cell name was the issue, I'm just glad all of us can play it normally now.

2 hours ago, nomkaz said:

Included and uploaded, thanks!

Thanks for supporting this and other mods.