Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 12:56 PM, alexsl said:

what this file ? it doesnt work in modmanager yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2.1)_SE&LE(1).7z

I was able to work around that for the install it by deleting the warnings at the start of the wizard.txt file. But I have not tested it in game yet nor am I a modder, so that only deletes the warnings, I don't know if there's any other issues.

Edited by Mad_man
7 hours ago, Mad_man said:

I was able to work around that for the install it by deleting the warnings at the start of the wizard.txt file. But I have not tested it in game yet nor am I a modder, so that only deletes the warnings, I don't know if there's any other issues.

thank you i was able to install it that way

42 minutes ago, chaimhewast said:

The hair growth only allows one hairstyle per length, but you can restyle it to any other style for that length using the methods listed in the LE mod page.

That's what I thought, but the KS Hairstyles SMP json file includes multiple hairstyles per length, making me think it was possible. Although, I've never been able to get any of the jsons except the default to work.

Ill also put out my custom styles json for those who want to try it out, its probably not as crazy as some other ones however i took me so long to get it how i wanted ^^; , i ony have normal hairstyles and ponytail styles for every hair of reasonable length, all hairs are SMP/HDT i belive so.

ypsCustomStyles.json

Required hair mods:

1.) https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/31300
2.)https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/43120

On 1/18/2023 at 4:17 PM, A Little Kitten said:

Mod doesn't work.

the files don't contain mcm menu, or esp.

it's a dummy file

hope it will work again, i'll keep watching

Not sure which mod manager you're using, but it sounds like it's not installing properly. The main file is a FOMOD file. Upon clicking to install via a mod manager, a popup should appear where you select which version of Skyrim you're running.

So I'm running AE 1.6.640, and there IS NO niOverride.ini. Same folder (I'm not telling you, you either know, or you're also reading the instructions for this mod,) but you need skee64.ini.

This is just an informational post for anyone trying to figure out where the fuck niOverride.ini is in newer versions.

I'm using:

RaceMenu Version 0.4.19.14 (AE Version)

SKSE 2.2.3

On a 2700X 4.15GHz

16gb x 2 @ 2933MHz

RTX 2060 Super 8GB

Adjust your expectations accordingly.

The sections you're looking for will be like:

; Determines whether face overlays are enabled
bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[1]
[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=6 ; Default[6]
iSpellOverlays=1 ; Default[1]

[Overlays/Hands] ; "Hands [Ovl#]" and "Hands [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many hand overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=3 ; Default[3]

[Overlays/Feet] ; "Feet [Ovl#]" and "Feet [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many feet overlays there should be

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many face overlays there should be
iSpellOverlays=0 ; Default[1]

The default values seem to be adequate.

On 1/24/2023 at 1:15 AM, Jgoftl said:

Not sure which mod manager you're using, but it sounds like it's not installing properly. The main file is a FOMOD file. Upon clicking to install via a mod manager, a popup should appear where you select which version of Skyrim you're running.

I'm using MO2 v2.4.4, and have installed this mod previously, possibly on an older MO2 version, but now when I try to install through MO2 it gives a script error ("Line 1, Column 3: Argument at position 0 has incorrect type for CompareWBVersion, expected string got integer.") Disabling the BAIN installer from MO2 settings gets past that error, but does not trigger a FOMOD install.

ED: Deleting the version and plugin checks in the wizard.txt (which all appear to be for the LE version, except Wrye) allows the BAIN install to start.

Edited by Belva
8 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I noticed that the hair scripts make my character vanish in certain places in Skyrim. It gives the character two virtual head parts. I also get floating teeth and mouth parts in certain locations as well. This is on a new installs of Skyrim AE. 

Is this mod what is causing that?  Ive noticed it but couldnt figure out how to replicate it.  It is especially bad in long narrow tunnels like the one out of the secret entrance of reachcliff cave.

10 hours ago, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I noticed that the hair scripts make my character vanish in certain places in Skyrim. It gives the character two virtual head parts. I also get floating teeth and mouth parts in certain locations as well. This is on a new installs of Skyrim AE. 

This mod is not AE compatible. It's in an abandoned state at this point.

15 hours ago, we.f.elephants said:

Is this mod what is causing that?  Ive noticed it but couldnt figure out how to replicate it.  It is especially bad in long narrow tunnels like the one out of the secret entrance of reachcliff cave.

Also in Dragons Reach where Farungur is the court wizard. I turned off the hair control and it cleaned it up and stopped the bug. So now I use yps for high heel walking stuff. As for the rest it doesn't work with the high poly heads either for makeup. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2023 at 1:31 AM, tzenrick said:

So I'm running AE 1.6.640, and there IS NO niOverride.ini. Same folder (I'm not telling you, you either know, or you're also reading the instructions for this mod,) but you need skee64.ini.

This is just an informational post for anyone trying to figure out where the fuck niOverride.ini is in newer versions.

I'm using:

RaceMenu Version 0.4.19.14 (AE Version)

SKSE 2.2.3

On a 2700X 4.15GHz

16gb x 2 @ 2933MHz

RTX 2060 Super 8GB

Adjust your expectations accordingly.

The sections you're looking for will be like:

; Determines whether face overlays are enabled
bEnableFaceOverlays=1 ; Default[1]
[Overlays/Body] ; "Body [Ovl#]" and "Body [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many body overlays there should be
iNumOverlays=6 ; Default[6]

[Overlays/Hands] ; "Hands [Ovl#]" and "Hands [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many hand overlays there should be

[Overlays/Feet] ; "Feet [Ovl#]" and "Feet [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many feet overlays there should be

[Overlays/Face] ; "Face [Ovl#]" and "Face [SOvl#]"
; Determines how many face overlays there should be
iSpellOverlays=0 ; Default[1]

The default values seem to be adequate.

Wait, so do you mean to tell me you got this mod to run on your AE version? Is there hope after all? If so, what version do I need and do I need Monoman's patch?

Edited by brmaven
3 hours ago, brmaven said:

Wait, so do you mean to tell me you got this mod to run on your AE version? Is there hope after all? If so, what version do I need and do I need Monoman's patch?

It has problems with AE. Such as the hair styling can turn your character invisible in certain locations due to creating more than one virtual head for it. This can be spotted easily if it happens as you will start to find sets of random teeth hovering in the game. 

Make up doesn't work or seem to, but I am using High Poly Heads. 

The only thing that seems to work right now are the high heel walking and piercings. 

• 3 weeks later...

hey for some reason yps doesn't affect my character, i can't return to a standard/straight hairstyle.

ive activated the mod, selected length, colour etc..... nothing happens, my hair changes if i use an item, but if i use it again to return to a standard hairstyle eg remove ponytail nothing happens and visually my hair is unchanged, can somebody pls help?

7 hours ago, thegirlinchains said:

hey for some reason yps doesn't affect my character, i can't return to a standard/straight hairstyle.

ive activated the mod, selected length, colour etc..... nothing happens, my hair changes if i use an item, but if i use it again to return to a standard hairstyle eg remove ponytail nothing happens and visually my hair is unchanged, can somebody pls help?

It's been a while since I used YPS, but here's what I recall:

1) The default json files for YPS (SSE) have some bits that are misaligned (referring to missing hairstyles). This is especially true for the longer hair lengths.

2) When YPS tries to apply a missing hairstyle (or other missing feature), it does the glowy magic effect and then... nothing happens. Your hairstyle remains the same.

My suggestion is to try styling your hair and setting it back to default at fairly short lengths (around neck or shoulder length) and trying there. Also try using the debug scissors to cut your hair to shorter lengths (I have a bit of a post on it here). If you see your hair changing some of those times, then YPS is working and it's most likely a matter of configuring the json files to match whatever hairstyles you have installed.

The readme.txt included with YPS is fairly understandable IIRC, so it shouldn't be impossible to straighten them out.