Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

On 8/4/2022 at 5:35 AM, mmods12 said:

I can't even get the mod to work, I have both the framework and the sound/texture files and nothing is showing up in game.

Essentially you need to download all but the Kaw's Claws file. Though you probably should download that as well, just for the nails. Without the json file, nothing will work.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:46 PM, Jgoftl said:

Essentially you need to download all but the Kaw's Claws file. Though you probably should download that as well, just for the nails. Without the json file, nothing will work.

Well I tried reinstalling everything and nothing will pop up. Should I make a fresh character?

Couple of questions...

Using the BHUNP Body, I was wondering how I might fix this?

The Golden Ball Nipple piercings are showing on the underboob of the breast, instead of on the nipple. Also, I was able to have the nylons and whatnot show up, then I added Kaws Claws and the Jnson files and now I cant figure out how to get the stockings functional. (They are not visible, mods recognize them as being there, I just cant see them :P)

Thanks

Realized the issue was with Monomans Tweak. Not the original mod. Moving my question over to them :) Ill keep it here incasew someone has the answer, or can reference this for the future. 

Edited by Sierrok
20 hours ago, mmods12 said:

Well I tried reinstalling everything and nothing will pop up. Should I make a fresh character?

Yeah. I'd try on a new game for sure. There is one possibility, you migh not be running the correct version of one of the required files that could be causing the issue.

only using the mod for body hair and was wondering if anyone knew how to increase the stages past 5? there are some more hair textures that could be used from Nordic Warmaiden that could be used. I could apply via slavetats but this was part of the reason I got this mod.

Curious.  While creating a character I noticed that several eyebrows in some eyebrow mods are very similar in shape and could be used as "longer" or "fuller" or "unkempt" versions of each other.  How difficult would it be to add eyebrow growth/styling to this mod?  (Or is that already an option... I don't remember this feature?)

On 8/17/2022 at 12:21 PM, Fuzzy_Fox said:

Anyone know of a way to get belly piercings to work from other mods with this mods piercing mechanics? Or know of other mods with belly piercings that work? I have some piercing mods but this one doesn't recognise them and so the holes heal up. 

what method do the other mods use ? a texture like this mod or meshes ?

if texture you could just replace the textures from this mod . i personally painted my own textures

On 8/17/2022 at 5:21 AM, Fuzzy_Fox said:

Anyone know of a way to get belly piercings to work from other mods with this mods piercing mechanics? Or know of other mods with belly piercings that work? I have some piercing mods but this one doesn't recognise them and so the holes heal up. 

best is to change nif and xedit to match devious device piercing slots and then give DD correct keyword - it will work then

when i sit down and ask for haircut / dye... go through all dialog and then nothing happens.

hair grows fine... hair cut via SL Survival works fine... hair dye via SL Survival works fine... just can't do any of this via hair dresser (using Whiterun hair dresser).

i am really hoping someone can help me.

On 8/31/2022 at 10:56 AM, ck2modfan said:

when i sit down and ask for haircut / dye... go through all dialog and then nothing happens.

hair grows fine... hair cut via SL Survival works fine... hair dye via SL Survival works fine... just can't do any of this via hair dresser (using Whiterun hair dresser).

Exact same thing happening to me on both SE and LE versions. Hair dye works fine, but haircut doesn't work at all. Can anyone jump in with the solution?

4 hours ago, anonymous515 said:

Exact same thing happening to me on both SE and LE versions. Hair dye works fine, but haircut doesn't work at all. Can anyone jump in with the solution?

One issue (which may not be yours, but could be) is that It "actually" works, but seems like it doesn't for a bunch of hair lengths because the default json file is somewhat misconfigured IMO.

So, if when you cut your hair you get that gold light effect and default message that your hair has been cut, but your hair style remains the same it is most likely about fixing the json. One way to test it it to give yourself the hair elastic, scissors, hair brush, and hair growth potion debug items and work your way through a number of hair lengths and hair styles. If you get *some* of them it means that YPS works, but the json contains references to hairstyles you don't have (in which case it defaults to something else or doesn't change).

It's been a long time since I mucked about with it myself and I don't have YPS installed myself right now, but I got it to work. If you look around (either in this thread or maybe the LE support thread) I'm pretty sure I made some more detailed posts that might be helpful.

On 1/23/2022 at 11:24 PM, Anunya said:

Try this:

Go the the folder with the jsons - on my PC it's c:/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common//skyrim special edition/data/skse/plugins/ypsfashion

1) Find the ypsHairDefault.json and rename it ypsHairDefault.json.bak (so you have a copy in case you mess it up).

2) Find the file called "ypsHairDefault.json (only KS Hairdos)." Open it in notepad, then save as ypsHairDefault.json (that way you also keep the original file in case you mess it up later). This will tell YPS to use the list of hairstyles in in that json (for some reason both of the lists for KS HDT includes a hairstyle from Apachii hair, which is weird and will express itself as no change when applicable if you don't have apcahii).

3) If you are using vortex hit "deploy" because sometimes vortex doesn't pick up save file changes and that's what I do to make myself feel better about things like that. If you're using MO2 then I dunno, do whatever you need to do to make sure saved files show up.

4) Start a new game (maybe in a profile with fewer than usual mods just so things go faster).

5) Wait for the pop-up that asks if you want YPS to manage your hair, say yes. Avoid the very longest default lengths (I think "classic" or shorter is safe) because there are no hairstyles defined for them in any of the jsons. I default to bra strap length, but pick whatever length. Does it change your hair? If so, YPS hair should be working 

6) Use additemmenu (or ~ help to find the items and adding them with player.additem xyz) to give yourself the "Potion of Hairgrowth", the "Mirror" and the "Scissors (debug)" items.

7) Drink the potion. It should say you grew your hair to Rapunzel length. You won't see a change though, because the json doesn't go that far (in fact there're no styles defined (or even appropriate hairstyles available I think) for like the four longest settings in YPS. But click on the mirror, and it should tell you that your hair is Rapunzel length.

8 ) Use the debug scissors to cut off your hair in stages. Skip over the very longest stages (again, because the json doesn't have styles defined, so it will just do nothing). I think go straight to "classic" length, and then try out each stage below that. You should see the hairstyles change with each cut, matching what the json says - so the three longest lengths will all be the 0Traveler style, followed by two lengths using 0Fawn. After that there should be a change with each length until you get to the very shortest, where HairFemalRedguard03 occurs twice).

I'll also note that generally I've only had luck with using YPS on a new game. In theory you can hit the "start managing my hair" option in the MCM and the same thing should happen, but I've never done it.

But if 5) results in setting your default hair and 7) and 8 ) results in change in hairstyles with even some of the cuts, then YPS is working. If nothing changes ever, then there's a problem somewhere else.

That's about the sum of my knowledge on the topic. Hopefully it helps :)

On 1/23/2022 at 3:59 PM, Anunya said:

I often had issues with the hair part of the mod until I took the time to read the readme files in the json folder and update the various hair jsons to my liking (and to match what I had installed). But now it's working fine (I've tested hair growth with the potion, and cutting with the scissors but I haven't played long enough for in-game hair growth to actually kick in).

I think the included jsons (for sse at least) are a little misconfigured, sometimes use hairstyles you wouldn't expect, and sometimes use the same hairstyle for different lengths (especially at the longer lengths, because there aren't that many - which will make it look like nothing is happening). And whenever immersive fashion fails to find the expected hairstyle for the transition it's going through, it just keeps the current hairstyle (which again looks like not working).

One way to test if it has to do with the jsons is to debug give your character the hair growth potion and the debug scissors. Drink the potion, then cut your character's hair one stage at a time until they're bald according to YPS. If you see any change at all, then YPS is working in general but is using jsons that don't match your assets (or are otherwise configured weirdly).

I'm not at my gaming PC right now so I'm going from memory, but what I recommend you do is find the hair style jsons. There are some readme files in there as well, which lay out the steps, but basically there are two jsons do update - one which defines which hairstyle packs YPS can use (so make sure whatever you have installed is actually included) and one which defines the default hairstyles at each length (and those are the ones that are a bit janky in my experience). Update the default hairstyles json with the styles you want. The name of the individual hairstyles are the same as what you see when you select them in racemenu. 

The syntax is reasonably accessible, I think, if you're comfortable editing txt files basically. Once I did a pass like that, I found the hair growth and cutting to work consistently.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:56 AM, ck2modfan said:

In the two posts above this one I quoted my more extensive posts on the topic from earlier. Hopefully they can help you. Basically, some of the json files for haircuts are misconfigured for SSE. If you clean them up, the haircut feature should work as well. There are readme files included with the install that are reasonably accessible.

On 9/8/2022 at 10:10 AM, Anunya said:

In the two posts above this one I quoted my more extensive posts on the topic from earlier. Hopefully they can help you. Basically, some of the json files for haircuts are misconfigured for SSE. If you clean them up, the haircut feature should work as well. There are readme files included with the install that are reasonably accessible.

Thank you for the excellent information. I'm using LE only since SE seemed even more broken, as you mentioned. I made it to step 6 of your guide but even when using the "AddItemMenu" mod you mentioned, I could only get the "Mirror". "Potion of Hairgrowth" and "Scissors (debug)", typed exactly as you put them, both show as nothing found:

image.png.960bcb78bf02cb8934f0f46ef9d6b2fa.png

Here are the details of the mod install:

image.png.a56eb5c31613e2efe30a74d4a583ed50.png

Puhh, any idea how to get piercings to work? For some reason, they are invisible to me and don't show up in the slavetats menu. When I ask one of the npcs however, they tell me that I do have a piercing and I can take it off and on. 

All kinds of Piercings are invisible, but everything else works fine. Pls help I'm loosing my mind over this :/

Edited by Gwentag
9 hours ago, Gwentag said:

Puhh, any idea how to get piercings to work? For some reason, they are invisible to me and don't show up in the slavetats menu. When I ask one of the npcs however, they tell me that I do have a piercing and I can take it off and on. 

All kinds of Piercings are invisible, but everything else works fine. Pls help I'm loosing my mind over this :/

Edit: Actually no tattoos work. The SlaveTats package isn't reckognized by slavetats

Okay, so the culptrit (for me) is SlaveTatsSE. The newer verisons (SlaveTatsSE-1.3.7 and SlaveTatsSE-1.3.9) don't reckognize the YPS SlaveTats Package for some reason.

In case someone has this problem. Use one of the older SlaveTats versions!

5 hours ago, fumoli8980 said:

I use bhunp bodyslide. When I paint nails , the hand is broken. I think it's because nails use CBBE. We need someone who can fix it.What else, the CBBE 0.1 outfit stocking still do not updated UUNP or BHUNP.

If I knew how to do that I would of done it a long time ago. 

On 9/14/2022 at 11:50 PM, Redrocket420 said:

i am getting this error in MO2.

how do i Fix It?

CaptureSkyrimError.PNG

Unpack it somewhere and edit this out from wizard.txt

If CompareWBVersion(304) < 0
    Cancel "Wrye Bash outdated outdated.\nPlease update to the latest version before installing this mod."
EndIf
If CompareGameVersion("1.9.32.0") < 0
    Cancel "Skyrim version outdated.\nPlease update to the latest version before installing this mod."
    FatalError
EndIf

• 3 weeks later...