Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

On 1/10/2023 at 3:14 PM, MysticDaedra said:

That's what I thought, but the KS Hairstyles SMP json file includes multiple hairstyles per length, making me think it was possible. Although, I've never been able to get any of the jsons except the default to work.

It's been a long time since I used YPS (so I don't remember enough to be helpful with specific steps), but I know I did get it to work like that. You have one default "down" hairstyle at each length, then you use the various accessories to change that hair into various styles at that length. Like I said, it's a while - but by reading the readme.txt and working through the hair jsons methodically I did get it to work. So it is possible.

Note that YPS only uses ypsHairDefault.json - the other json files are only included as examples (and for you to rename them to ypsHairDefault.json if you want to use them instead). Also note that the included KS Hairstyles SMP json includes a bunch of non-SMP styles and duplicates at various lengths, so it may not always behave like you'd expect.

8 hours ago, Anunya said:

It's been a while since I used YPS, but here's what I recall:

1) The default json files for YPS (SSE) have some bits that are misaligned (referring to missing hairstyles). This is especially true for the longer hair lengths.

2) When YPS tries to apply a missing hairstyle (or other missing feature), it does the glowy magic effect and then... nothing happens. Your hairstyle remains the same.

My suggestion is to try styling your hair and setting it back to default at fairly short lengths (around neck or shoulder length) and trying there. Also try using the debug scissors to cut your hair to shorter lengths (I have a bit of a post on it here). If you see your hair changing some of those times, then YPS is working and it's most likely a matter of configuring the json files to match whatever hairstyles you have installed.

The readme.txt included with YPS is fairly understandable IIRC, so it shouldn't be impossible to straighten them out.

so could you walk me through it step by step? im not the best when it comes to modding or editing files and i'd really appreciate it.

4 hours ago, thegirlinchains said:

i mean installing the mod as a whole from start to finish, what to install (i use mo2) etc, pretty much how you did it.

You've installed it already, I think?

You said you've seen your hair change some of the time due to using hair items, right? If so, that means you've installed YPS correctly so it's just about configuring the hair json files.

It's been years since I touched YPS (so I don't necessarily recall much) and I use Vortex (so things may be a bit different), but if you go through the steps in the post I linked a few posts upthread you can see whether YPS hair works on your install. If yes, I don't mind cracking open my jsons and seeing if we can get your jsons in shape too next time I'm at my SSE machine.

What hair style mods do you have installed?

Edited by Anunya
6 hours ago, Anunya said:

You said you've seen your hair change some of the time due to using hair items, right? If so, that means you've installed YPS correctly so it's just about configuring the hair json files.

It's been years since I touched YPS (so I don't necessarily recall much) and I use Vortex (so things may be a bit different), but if you go through the steps in the post I linked a few posts upthread you can see whether YPS hair works on your install. If yes, I don't mind cracking open my jsons and seeing if we can get your jsons in shape too next time I'm at my SSE machine.

thank you i really appreciate that, i use the ks hairdo's mostly apaachi hairs as well, thats the option i choose on the installer.

7 hours ago, Anunya said:

hey i just figured it out myself, but thank you so much anyway, now i can finally begin my playthrough as a slave in skyrim :D

Hello, I believe that there is a question when I install this mod. I can find the MCM menu but my hair and beard seems not grow. when I set my hair condtion is "bald" it still not any change in my body. I am sure I install the KS hair and KS hair HDT sccucessful, and replace the json document ,but it not work.

Hi Emily1673

I recently asked this to Murfk over on the slavetats page, but unfortunately I have not tracked down my compatibility issue yet.  

I keep running into a compatibility issue between Slavetats, Rape/Fade tattoos, and YPS Fashion. I don't know where the problem lies exactly; just looking for tips. 

In short, if I install a lot of slavetat packs or just certain packs it seems to screw with the application of YPS makeup. Which packs cause this I can only figure out through trial and error but I consistently get the following error when make up fails to apply:

"Warning access to non-existing object with id XxXXXX (XXXXX)" where the "X"'s are just a string in that format. Sometimes many of these errors at once.

YPS registers that the make up has applied, but slavetats does not. 

Do you have any idea if there is something I can inspect/fix in the slavetat packs or YPS itself to see if I will have this compatibilty error or not? 

For posterity if I use say just the following packs:

Body Graffiti

Tramp Stamps

Sexy Supplemental Slavetats

Then there is no issue, but if I add Zaki Tattoos now yps won't apply make-up. Its not unique to these two combinations just an example. 

Thanks for any advice in advance. 

1 hour ago, The Ashen said:

Hi Emily1673

I recently asked this to Murfk over on the slavetats page, but unfortunately I have not tracked down my compatibility issue yet.  

I keep running into a compatibility issue between Slavetats, Rape/Fade tattoos, and YPS Fashion. I don't know where the problem lies exactly; just looking for tips. 

In short, if I install a lot of slavetat packs or just certain packs it seems to screw with the application of YPS makeup. Which packs cause this I can only figure out through trial and error but I consistently get the following error when make up fails to apply:

"Warning access to non-existing object with id XxXXXX (XXXXX)" where the "X"'s are just a string in that format. Sometimes many of these errors at once.

YPS registers that the make up has applied, but slavetats does not. 

Do you have any idea if there is something I can inspect/fix in the slavetat packs or YPS itself to see if I will have this compatibilty error or not? 

For posterity if I use say just the following packs:

Body Graffiti

Tramp Stamps

Sexy Supplemental Slavetats

Then there is no issue, but if I add Zaki Tattoos now yps won't apply make-up. Its not unique to these two combinations just an example. 

Thanks for any advice in advance. 

Mod author has not been here for over 2 years, you will not get a response from them.

hey, i ran into an issue when i change up my hair. im at mid-back right now and the default is butterfly097 (might be 098 ?) and when i use a hairband it works well and good but the problem arrises when i remove the hairband and my hair is set to one of the default vanilla hairdos, nord02 i think. i then set my hair to grow and found that its the default for the next length as well (waist). the hairbands work still its just thedefaults that are getting messed up. just wondering if anyone knows a fix.

Hiyah all.

I was wondering about one thing. Otherwise the mod is a miracle :)

Lipstick color. When applied with and RGB value which is creamy/pastel (and some other values too) lip become grey white.

For example with this one #fdbcb4 | rgb(253,188,180)

Is it a graphic problem? 

Otherwise vivid colors like red or green and such work very well, though game (with ENB active and a modifier) seems to distort a little the color. 

PS: suggestions (if I may :P)

-Would be awesome if sleeping with makeup make PC wake with face smudged by it :) 

- Unchecking "Nail polish may smudge" does nothing. PC has to walk and not run during an hour to not smudge destroy it. 

Edited by Chloe Rose
18 hours ago, magicmike1234 said:

hey, i ran into an issue when i change up my hair. im at mid-back right now and the default is butterfly097 (might be 098 ?) and when i use a hairband it works well and good but the problem arrises when i remove the hairband and my hair is set to one of the default vanilla hairdos, nord02 i think. i then set my hair to grow and found that its the default for the next length as well (waist). the hairbands work still its just thedefaults that are getting messed up. just wondering if anyone knows a fix.

The fix is to open up the json and change the default hairstyle for one of the two identical lengths. The jsons that come with YPS has some duplicates in a few spots.

• 2 weeks later...

Nah Idk,

Im using the latest Skyrim edition and no matter how Im trying to install these files it wont work.

Used Vortex at first but it never managed to install the main file. So I used Mod Organizer deleted the first few lines and got the main file working.

Then just installed the other 2 zips as one would with the mod organizers but that didnt do anything. So I manually threw them in the folders. But also doesnt do anything. It causes no errors it just doesnt show up. Not to find in the mcm.

Using the 1.7 Tweak as this was the latest I could find.

Edited by JamesPage

Hey! I don't understand, something wrong with "Well Fashioned" buff for me. I turned off head hair control and don't using neylons, but doing every other features (Lipstick, Eyeshadow, Figers and Toes Nails, Pubic and Armpit Hairs, Highheels). When i completed every feature at the first time which was turn on, my first buff was is "Prettiest Woman in the Hold". But for some reason this buff decreased over time, despite the fact that i continue to make the all features which was turn on! Mirror shows the same (every part is ok). Right now my buff is "Satisfactory Appearance" in spite of all this: Lipstick made up, Eyeshadow made up, Figers Nails made up, Toes Nais made up, Pubic Hair is shaved, Armpit Hairs is shaved, Highheels equipped. ?‍♀️

Any console command for fix or something please?

Edited by Alis_999

I can confirm the 6.2.3 LE release will CTD on SE. Not right away, but when it tries to modify the PC after sexchange to female.

Whoever does take on the SE conversion, please let us know here.

This is an anxiously awaited update - and it will incorporate some patches, making install easier.

I just realized my test was defective. I just plopped the texture and mod files into Vortex.

The mod has to be manually repackaged. All of base00, one of the other directories, etc. There is no fomod.

Edited by fred200
On 4/9/2023 at 8:10 PM, Alis_999 said:

Hey! I don't understand, something wrong with "Well Fashioned" buff for me. I turned off head hair control and don't using neylons, but doing every other features (Lipstick, Eyeshadow, Figers and Toes Nails, Pubic and Armpit Hairs, Highheels). When i completed every feature at the first time which was turn on, my first buff was is "Prettiest Woman in the Hold". But for some reason this buff decreased over time, despite the fact that i continue to make the all features which was turn on! Mirror shows the same (every part is ok). Right now my buff is "Satisfactory Appearance" in spite of all this: Lipstick made up, Eyeshadow made up, Figers Nails made up, Toes Nais made up, Pubic Hair is shaved, Armpit Hairs is shaved, Highheels equipped. ?‍♀️

Any console command for fix or something please?

You've already asked this on the main LE thread, the mod author themselves explained it to you.

It is an addiction, so will at first seem good, then get worse, as addition bad.

The only way round it is stop using fashion things, then wait for the addition to wear off. You can speed this up by using the mcm settings in the addiction tab.

The end.

1 hour ago, ebbluminous said:

You've already asked this on the main LE thread, the mod author themselves explained it to you.

Have you tried looking at the time of the messages? ?‍♀️