Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

20 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

The latest Tweak patch released, that I found, was October of last year before AE released. Monoman hasn't updated their tweak for 2 years now.

On 10/29/2022 at 10:29 AM, Teddar said:

True no doubt. But Monoman has made at least one tweak patch for YPS to date, so im hopefull that it might work with AE at some point., and if it doesnt, it won't be the end of the world. 

I've got one that's KIND OF working.

Technically the makeup (both face and nails), heel training, hair color/growth/styling, MCM, etc. (i.e. the Base functions) all work with the latest versions of the YPS Tweak ('ve got them functional in-game, 1.6.640).

However, there definitely are some big problems remaining. Faster HDT-SMP for 1.6.640 and YPS don't seem to get along well (mouthpart hovers at a fixed point in every cell, outside of the PC body). I've posted a bug report for it called Floating Faceparts (1.6.640) 

The problem appears to track back to either hair color or hair style updates (i.e. upon load, changes by stylists, etc.).

However, if this problem is on YPS or RaceMenu's side (which it very well could be as well), this could take a long time to fix.

While I can delve into the Scripts as much as I like (source is all available for YPS I think), but given how this problem is affecting even base install mods like SMP and RaceMenu, it could take not only an in-depth understanding of YPS (i.e. Monoman), but also a REALLY in-depth understanding of the way the facepart swapping functions are built and how hair meshes/colors work (i.e. Expired).

On 10/29/2022 at 4:29 PM, Teddar said:

True no doubt. But Monoman has made at least one tweak patch for YPS to date, so im hopefull that it might work with AE at some point., and if it doesnt, it won't be the end of the world. 

To my knowledge Monoman doesn't even have SE, or at least doesn't mod for SE, so AE is even less likely unless someone else modifies it for AE.

21 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

The latest Tweak patch released, that I found, was October of last year before AE released. Monoman hasn't updated their tweak for 2 years now.

This here has more up to date YPS tweak.

24 minutes ago, Karkhel said:

To my knowledge Monoman doesn't even have SE, or at least doesn't mod for SE, so AE is even less likely unless someone else modifies it for AE.

I actually had a response from the F-SMP developer on this problem.

In YPSHairScript.psc, you can find that Hair Growth/Styling is actually done by swapping head parts (fairly obvious, but it's the first time I've seen that part of the code (never needed to look at it before).

From their response:

in SE, the SkinAll event recursively call the SkinSingle event for each part of the skeleton to be skinned. In AE, it doesn't and we have to do it.

Now, what I'm sure of: the bug in FSMP-AE: there was a faulty loop where we called SkinSingle for only some of the headparts.
There is a number of headpart types, let's say N, and a number of headparts, let's say M.
We should process one headpart by headpart type (N), but we processed only M.

Given that YPS was built on LE (and updated for SE), and used headpart swapping, this could very well be the problem.

It sounds like the developer might try and implement a fix on the F-SMP side, but even if they don't it's at least possible now to point a YPS-knowledgable developer (ex. Monoman) at the problem from the other side.

Edited by w234aew
1 hour ago, Karkhel said:

This here has more up to date YPS tweak.

And that is the latest one I'm referring to where it's only as recent as October 29th, 2021. Way out of date for AE, but perfectly fine for SE.

2 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

And that is the latest one I'm referring to where it's only as recent as October 29th, 2021. Way out of date for AE, but perfectly fine for SE.

Sorry I got confused by this part 'Monoman hasn't updated their tweak for 2 years now', either way good luck I hope someone updates it.

13 minutes ago, Karkhel said:

Sorry I got confused by this part 'Monoman hasn't updated their tweak for 2 years now', either way good luck I hope someone updates it.

There's another one posted by that same Monoman that's 2 year's old. Didn't realise they were the same one. 

I need a little help. I'm looking to fix this issue for days now before come to make this post.

1st - about the piercing system:

It's working for body but for the face, the piercing are not visible. I tried to pierce the right eyebrown, It's said I'm worning the piercing, but it's not visible. Then I tried the left nostril and same thing, not visible. But for body parts, It's working and visible. I pierced my navel, clit and nipples, and it's all good.

2nd - about hair growth system:

It's not an issue, just I dont know how to get it to work. I'm using a hair pack called "Great Modders' SMP Hair pack and Xing", and it has three particulary hair type I'd like to see working with the hair growth system (if possible). The hair types are called 'HDPT__Dint[KS]Tsugumi1', 2 and 3. It's the same hair with three long type of its ponytail. Anyone knows if it's possible to get it work with the hair growth system?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Arara said:

I need a little help. I'm looking to fix this issue for days now before come to make this post.

1st - about the piercing system:

It's working for body but for the face, the piercing are not visible. I tried to pierce the right eyebrown, It's said I'm worning the piercing, but it's not visible. Then I tried the left nostril and same thing, not visible. But for body parts, It's working and visible. I pierced my navel, clit and nipples, and it's all good.

2nd - about hair growth system:

It's not an issue, just I dont know how to get it to work. I'm using a hair pack called "Great Modders' SMP Hair pack and Xing", and it has three particulary hair type I'd like to see working with the hair growth system (if possible). The hair types are called 'HDPT__Dint[KS]Tsugumi1', 2 and 3. It's the same hair with three long type of its ponytail. Anyone knows if it's possible to get it work with the hair growth system?

Thanks in advance!

1: - Check out SlaveTats. You need to amend the skee.ini file to have more slots on the head. This and/or Slevetats threads will have more details on this.

2: - Either amend the default hair file to use the ones you want or create a custom list in the custom hair tab

46 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

1: - Check out SlaveTats. You need to amend the skee.ini file to have more slots on the head. This and/or Slevetats threads will have more details on this.

2: - Either amend the default hair file to use the ones you want or create a custom list in the custom hair tab

Thank you very much! For the piercing, I could manage to get it work now. But for the hair, I created the custom list like you said and didn't work. Probably I did something wrong.

Here the config I tried:

image.png.94284c463a3b418014935d8e9d6d3005.png

As I said, I don't know if I did it right.

48 minutes ago, Arara said:

Thank you very much! For the piercing, I could manage to get it work now. But for the hair, I created the custom list like you said and didn't work. Probably I did something wrong.

Here the config I tried:

image.png.94284c463a3b418014935d8e9d6d3005.png

As I said, I don't know if I did it right.

In the Head Hair tab make sure the use custom hairs is ticked

7 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

In the Head Hair tab make sure the use custom hairs is ticked

You mean the option "Custom Styles are used as Default"? If yes, then I already checked it.

image.png.29a4bcf428d09da7861e807431608ab8.png

Oh, wait. I think I know what is the cause of the failure. My char is a vampire now. Is that a problem?

8 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Could be. Never tried the mod as a vampire

Well, I tried to load an older save before turned to a vampire and tested again and nothing. The hair grows to a different long type and there isn't any change.

But thanks for you time! At least one of my problems was solved.

5 hours ago, mudda911 said:

It works for me with monomans tweak from October. As long as I always activate the fast variant in the YP MCM.

Otherwise there is a CTD after the animations in Skyrim AE.

Whether body or head hair.

I have a hard time running that tweak on SE. It completely broke the Slavetats connection and I find I'm better off without it.

On 11/6/2022 at 12:23 PM, Arara said:

Well, I tried to load an older save before turned to a vampire and tested again and nothing. The hair grows to a different long type and there isn't any change.

But thanks for you time! At least one of my problems was solved.

Hi there! I'm not sure if being a Vampire and getting hair issues is a thing that vexes you still, but I saw this talk about being a Vampire and figured I'd share the full process IMO to fixing that.
As I just posted how I fully rectified my hair issue (helped immensely by others before me, who are quoted in my post) with being a Vampire and using this mod's 'Hair Control'; which by default causes you to revert to whatever hair you had prior to becoming a Vampire or the one you choose in RaceMenu at the start of the game(?), in the LE thread of this mod.

See here: 

Not sure if that'll help you with your custom hairs, but at least once you figure that out, you can be a Vampire and still use this mod to the fullest (head hair wise).

Hi there,

I'm having a hard time getting any hair besides vanilla hairs to work, I've tried swapping the default file out, I've tried renaming the one I want to custom; I have KS, KS HDT, Apachii, and HG Hairdos 2 installed, but no matter what I try, the mod will only ever make me use vanilla hair.

I don't know if I missed or misread something in the description, I was under the impression that as long as the corresponding hair mod was installed, it would automatically work, but even after selecting the hair colour and length, no matter how long, it will always just give me vanilla hair.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Also running into Hair Growth problem. 
I have installed: ApachiiSkyHair, KS Hairdos SSE, KS Hairdos SMP as the installer requested. I figured it would update to those hair styles through Hair Growth phases, however it didn't.
Instead, the hair reverts back the hairstyle I had chosen when starting out my playthrough. I keep having to visit the NPC who will grand me a new Hair Style fitting the length... is this supposed to work like this, or do I have to use some settings I missed?

I tried with the "Custom Hair Styles as Default" setting enabled and disabled, but both will revert it back to the starting hairstyle upon growth. The Custom Hair style tab in the MCM isn't set, because it looked like a lot of work (the "ID" is not something I understand) and thought the requested hair styles would be compatible. 

Does anyone know how to make Hair growth immersive with the hair style changes? 

p.s. I have "Check installed Hairmods" enabled (which I thought were the hair mods mentioned above). 

On 7/18/2022 at 10:24 PM, leakim said:

I've been experiencing some interesting issues with a combination of YPS, certain hair styles and character expressions.

Basically my issue is this: Sometimes when YPS hair control is enabled expressions of characters gets stuck (cannot be modified by the mods that usually modify expressions such as Sexlab, Sexlab Survival (Open Mouth) and Conditional Expressions Extended)

I've been experimenting a lot with this, and it does not happen with all hairstyles (some hairstyle packs seem to be exempt from the problem).

The conditions for it happening are:

• YPS Hair control is enabled
  • A "bad" hair cut has been selected
  • A NiNodeUpdate occurs

You may be wondering about that last point on the list. Well. I tested this quite extensively. In the MCM you can control whether or not an NiNodeUpdate should be executed during a hair check. Now I usually leave this off. In fact I do not even enable the plugin before I've disabled it), but if I do not do so, after the first hair check, the player expression gets stuck if a bad hair cut has been selected.

If I enable Hair control but keep NiNodeUpdate disabled and then start a sexlab scene, the expresion of the character also gets stuck. Now, I looked into the source code of SLU+ (which I am also using), and yes, That is also doing a NiNodeUpdate during character positioning.

If I start a Sexlab scene (with the same bad hairstyle) without having enabled hair control, everything is fine and the expressions of the character works as they are supposed to. This leads me to believe that YPS is doing something that causes the expressions to get stuck after hair control has been enabled the first time.

A "temporary solution" is to open/close racemenu (no need to make any modifications). That causes the expressions to start working again. Until the next NiNodeUpdate, that is. Which is during the next Sexlab Scene, so it is not really much of a workaround.

Anyone experienced anything similar? Or someone perhaps knows a thing or two about modding to see where to look in YPS to fix it? I was looking for some event that might be called during a NiNodeUpdate, but I could not find anything. I also tried to look at the logic being executed when hair control is enabled, but could not see anything suspicious there either.

EDIT:

Additional evidence that it is the NiNodeUpdate that is the trigger: If I  change the "device hider slot" in Devious Devices, this will also trigger a NiNodeUpdate. And yes. That also causes the facial animations to freeze.

Function UpdateDeviceHiderSlot()
	int slot = libs.Config.DevicesUnderneathSlot - 1
	libs.Log("Set Device Hider slot to "+(slot+30)+".")
	zad_DeviceHider.SetSlotMask(Math.LeftShift(1, slot))
	RebuildSlotMask(libs.PlayerRef)
	if !libs.PlayerRef.IsOnMount()
		libs.PlayerRef.QueueNiNodeUpdate()
	EndIf
EndFunction

So I am just reporting back on this issue since I found a solution and I thought that I might as well share.

Essentially the problem is as I described it above, some HDT-SMP haircuts, when used in conjunction with YPS Fashion will cause the expression of the character to freeze completely. For example: You cannot open your mouth with Sexlab Survival after applying one of these haircuts to your character through YPS.

A big mod with many HDT-SMP hairs that suffers from this problem is the "Great modders' SMP Hair pack and Xing", for which a YPS config has been shared in this thread. (Not every hair in this mod suffers from this problem, but ~90% do)

The problem, as I found is that the "body collision" extra part attached to the hair record has a higher FormID than the hair to which it belongs, if I change the FormID of the "body collision" extra part to be before haircut itself the problem no longer exists. Or I think more accurately, it is the last in the list of extra parts attached to the hair. Changing the extra part to be the first in the list (by changing the form id) fixes the problem.

I am suprised that nobody else has reported this issue, but perhaps it is so niche that the few people that do suffer from might not care.

Anyway! I am putting a modified GMsHair aXing.esp in this thread that I have modified to work properly with YPS and not break facial expressions. For me, this really unlocked using MANY hairs that I previously could not use.

GMsHair aXing.esp

Edited by leakim

Is it possible to somehow reload and install this mod on old save? It's working fine on new game, but MCM menu is wrong on older save with no options.

EDIT: After working around it I somehow managed to have proper MCM, but from testing there is no hair growth. Are these json working as-is or its needed to do something with them?

image.png.065e53ecf25c44c0b2ab58d3560c9ad5.png

Edited by WiteXDan

I've noticed a few other people in this thread having the same issue but I'm going to ask anyway:

can someone help me? I tried using KS hairdos with this mod but when I make a new character and set the length to Rapunzel I only get the default shoulder length Skyrim hair (as seen in picture). I have reinstalled the mod, ks hairdos and the texture/sound pack but nothing changed. the hair styles appear in the character creator but don't work/appear for the immersive growing.

am I missing something? help would be much appreciated!

hairtest.png

So since the most recent update I've been having issues with this mod, though might be others too.  When I load old saves with characters I activated YPS on my game crashes but not on my non-yps activated khajiit characters. The characters' hair extends off in to infinity, physics don't seem to be working. When I create a new character all the hairstyles seem to be working with physics and all(including super long styles like KS Hair: "Traveler"), after I activate YPS it allows me to select my hair length but when I get to "select a hair color" it crashes, regardless of which of the two options I choose. Has anyone else had this issue and have any fixes? I read several of the more recent posts on here about head swapping but also saw some posts seeming to indicate the mod is working for some people. I have Skyrim SE(did not purchase AE) and my game is up to date.

5 hours ago, BoopS00p said:

I've noticed a few other people in this thread having the same issue but I'm going to ask anyway:

can someone help me? I tried using KS hairdos with this mod but when I make a new character and set the length to Rapunzel I only get the default shoulder length Skyrim hair (as seen in picture). I have reinstalled the mod, ks hairdos and the texture/sound pack but nothing changed. the hair styles appear in the character creator but don't work/appear for the immersive growing.

am I missing something? help would be much appreciated!

hairtest.png

AFAIK its because there are no defined hairstyle that count as Rapzuel. json files end with 19 length, which stands for ankle length. You have to find other hairstyle mods that have longer hair and create json file. You can use Debug mode Scissors to see what hairstyles for which length you have available in the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2022 at 6:56 PM, leakim said:

Anyway! I am putting a modified GMsHair aXing.esp in this thread that I have modified to work properly with YPS and not break facial expressions. For me, this really unlocked using MANY hairs that I previously could not use.

GMsHair aXing.esp 174.41 kB · 26 downloads

Could you share your json as well please? I couldn't find it on the thread

Also, has anyone made a json for HDT-SMP Racemenu Hair or Wigs - Xing - Dint999 - Fuse00 - HHairstyles?