Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

NEW on 2023/05/06: Merger of SE and LE Version (read this):

From now on, SE and LE versions will be merged into a single download.

The downloads also have an install wizard (wizard.txt) where you can chose from LE and SE during installation, to make installation easier.

This includes the "sound & texture pack" uploaded on 06 May 2023 (which is still required, but now combines SE+LE), and YPS mod version 6.3.1 (uploaded on 30 April 2023).

Future versions of this mod will be the same way.

Note that development and support for this mod is for LE version only. If you have issues with the SE version, you can still post them (preferably in the SE thread), but I generally will not fix any bugs (though maybe other people here have a solution).

DOWNLOADS OF NEW VERSIONS (6.3.1 and above) ARE NOW EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE ON THE LE VERSION SITE.

Tried the latest update on SE and found that there was no SlaveTats connection (YPS Fashion did not appear in the list of available tattoo options, even after clicking add/remove tattoo in SlaveTats). Also, when starting it up I chose hip length on hair and gave me shoulder length at best.

Edited by Jgoftl
1 hour ago, GamerB110 said:

does anyone know how to make this mod detect external high heels? also as metioned above, yps is not working with slave tats in the latest version.

This on SE or LE? It helps a lot knowing whether this happens on both I don't have time to test it myself just helps the modder a lot.

On 5/7/2023 at 4:17 PM, Jgoftl said:

Tried the latest update on SE and found that there was no SlaveTats connection (YPS Fashion did not appear in the list of available tattoo options, even after clicking add/remove tattoo in SlaveTats). Also, when starting it up I chose hip length on hair and gave me shoulder length at best.

I'm also having no luck getting Slavetats to detect or apply YPS stuff. Can't even get it to work by going back to the old version (YPS+YPSsound&texture+JSON).

But I will say the old version seems to handle the hairstyles much better. I get a KS hairdo with physics using the old SE version, vanilla hair (appropriate length, at least) using the new version.

Really not sure yet what I'm getting wrong with my attempt to get the old version working again.

Edit to add: Everyone having trouble getting Slavetats to work with YPS: Pay attention:

It's simple. But it's been some time so I forgot all about it.

Go to the Slavetats menu, go to Setup. Click add/remove tattoos. Now check to see if YPS items are available. Chances are that's a yes. Worked for me to get the old SE version working properly again. Should work on the new version as well, though I doubt it will get KS hairs with SMP applied. Some of us (SE, mainly) will have to wait for that feature.

Edited by ArgyleSmith
added important information solving one of the problems I was having
10 hours ago, Karkhel said:

This on SE or LE? It helps a lot knowing whether this happens on both I don't have time to test it myself just helps the modder a lot.

SE with fresh install.

1 hour ago, ArgyleSmith said:

I'm also having no luck getting Slavetats to detect or apply YPS stuff. Can't even get it to work by going back to the old version (YPS+YPSsound&texture+JSON).

But I will say the old version seems to handle the hairstyles much better. I get a KS hairdo with physics using the old SE version, vanilla hair (appropriate length, at least) using the new version.

Really not sure yet what I'm getting wrong with my attempt to get the old version working again.

Edit to add: Everyone having trouble getting Slavetats to work with YPS: Pay attention:

Go to the Slavetats menu, go to Setup. Click add/remove tattoos. Now check to see if YPS items are available. Chances are that's a yes. Worked for me to get the old SE version working properly again. Should work on the new version as well, though I doubt it will get KS hairs with SMP applied. Some of us (SE, mainly) will have to wait for that feature.

i didn't test the old version, only the newest one released on the LE thread and the slavetats don't recognize any YPS overlay.

8 hours ago, GamerB110 said:

SE with fresh install.

i didn't test the old version, only the newest one released on the LE thread and the slavetats don't recognize any YPS overlay.

Well, your description above could match any of my complaints about the problem: It's ambiguous as to whether you used the add/remove button. When I say add/remove tattoos, I am not talking about trying to add a YPS tattoo in-game. So, no choosing a body section and then a tattoo type and then a tattoo in that category. I am talking about going to the right side of the Slavetats menu (setup) where it literally says add/remove tattoos. That's the button where you're telling Slavetats to detect tattoos such as those provided by YPS and add them to the Slavetats menu. I had the problem you describe until I hit that button. Once I hit that button, I had YPS overlays available to apply in the Slavetats menu. Hope that helps! ?

17 minutes ago, ArgyleSmith said:

Well, your description above could match any of my complaints about the problem: It's ambiguous as to whether you used the add/remove button. When I say add/remove tattoos, I am not talking about trying to add a YPS tattoo in-game. So, no choosing a body section and then a tattoo type and then a tattoo in that category. I am talking about going to the right side of the Slavetats menu (setup) where it literally says add/remove tattoos. That's the button where you're telling Slavetats to detect tattoos such as those provided by YPS and add them to the Slavetats menu. I had the problem you describe until I hit that button. Once I hit that button, I had YPS overlays available to apply in the Slavetats menu. Hope that helps! ?

i guess i was a bit dumb, but you're absolutely right, clicking on Add/Remove really worked and now everything is working as intended. Thanks!

13 hours ago, ArgyleSmith said:

I actually got 6.21 to work. Part of my problem was trying to run it simultaneously with Apropos and Simple Wear & Tear. All three rely on Slavetats to apply changes and the other two somehow took priority so this mod's slavetats teextures weren't appearing. I always click add/remove tats in slavetats setup on a new game out of habit.

Edited by Jgoftl
On 5/9/2023 at 3:10 PM, GamerB110 said:

does anyone know how to make this mod detect external high heels? also as metioned above, yps is not working with slave tats in the latest version.

Disable and enable high heel stuff on the mcm. I was having the same problem here.

Somebody can help me with this? 

Slavetats looks for "blank.dds" as default file, while Racemenu looks for "default.dds", so, since in-game slavetats replaces "default" with "blank" this texture error happens... or at least it's like I understand it.

I have not found a solution, does anyone have an idea?

Captura de pantalla 2023-05-11 063254.jpg

12 hours ago, InzaneSpaceman said:

Somebody can help me with this? 

Slavetats looks for "blank.dds" as default file, while Racemenu looks for "default.dds", so, since in-game slavetats replaces "default" with "blank" this texture error happens... or at least it's like I understand it.

I have not found a solution, does anyone have an idea?

You can download Paint.NET and open the file "your-Skyrim-game-folder\data\Textures\Actors\Character\slavetats\blank.dds".  It should look like a checkered board because it all alpha channel 0 (transparent) and the default background of Paint.net is a checkered pattern.  I think is compressed in DXT5(BC3), that make it compatible with SkyrimLE and SkyrimSE.

If you see some drawing, then it got replaced by some mod, and you need to manually replaced it back with the one in Slavetat archives. 

It could also be a magic effect shader from some mod or a ENB effect on skin. As a troubleshooting step, try disabling ENB effects, no need to disable all ENB.

Edited by safado
On 5/10/2023 at 7:20 PM, Fulanoo said:

Disable and enable high heel stuff on the mcm. I was having the same problem here.

sorry for the late reply and thanks for the sugestion, but sadly it didn't worked. i disabled high heels training in mcm, waited some time and reenabled it, but it still don't work. 

7 hours ago, GamerB110 said:

just to clarify better, my problem with high heels in this mod is that YPS is not capable of identifying the Nioverride high heels, and with that high heels from other mods outside devious devices are not being identified by YPS.

Yep, that is the issue I am having as well

Trying to install latest se version usin MO.

File yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2.1)_SE&LE.7z throw an error "Line 1, Column 3: Argument at position 0 has incorrect type for CompareWBVersion, expected string got integer." Problem in wizard.txt "If CompareWBVersion(304) < 0" if this line changed to "If CompareWBVersion("304") < 0" (added " to 304) next error arise "Skyrim version outdated.

Please update to the latest version before installing this mod."

I'm using 1.5.97 version, in Wizard.txt it's checking for oldrim 1.9.32.0. 

4 hours ago, hakto said:

Trying to install latest se version usin MO.

File yps-ImmersiveFashion(6.2.1)_SE&LE.7z throw an error "Line 1, Column 3: Argument at position 0 has incorrect type for CompareWBVersion, expected string got integer." Problem in wizard.txt "If CompareWBVersion(304) < 0" if this line changed to "If CompareWBVersion("304") < 0" (added " to 304) next error arise "Skyrim version outdated.

Please update to the latest version before installing this mod."

I'm using 1.5.97 version, in Wizard.txt it's checking for oldrim 1.9.32.0. 

Check the LE thread. YPS is up to 6.4.1 now, and that issue was fixed in 6.3.1.

I applied the fishnets and then took them off but they're still stuck on just the feet part of the model. Not using slavetats or anything that would mess with equip slots I don't think. Any fix?

Screenshot 2023-05-19 013249.png

Edited by ruski14

Hello. I get the following errors in the console when I go for the animations in the flirt option.

I'm using SE 1.5.97 and last version of YPS on the LE page 6.4.1 

NOTICE: ValidateActor(Prisoner) -- FALSE -- They are not supported for animation

FATAL - Thread[0] AddActor(Prisoner) - AddActor(Prisoner) -- Failed to add actor -- They are not a valid target for animation

Thread[0] AddActor() ERROR - Cannot add an actor to a locked thread

Thread[0] StartThread() ERROR - Cannot start thread while not in a Making state

When fire up a scene using different mods, everything works fine. 

Did this happen to anyone ?

Edited by newvegasfann
On 5/10/2023 at 2:47 PM, ArgyleSmith said:

Yeah this doesn't seem to be working for me, I accidentally did it once before but now I don't see YPS in the slave tats