Immersive Hair Growth and Styling SSE (YPS Devious & Immersive Fashion 2020-05-09)

Hey guys, I'm moderately sure that YPS crashes my game. There is something about KS Smp hair that goes horribly wrong. I'm doing a set experiment: I start a new game, I equip the smp hair, save and load the game. Then I restart the game and load the said save. With yps enabled the game is extremely prone to crashing. Either while saving or right after loading the game stops. The crash log speaks of memory reading issues. Netscript one gives me completely nonsensical results. I've been battling this crash for a really prolonged time and hope that someone can help me understand, why does it take place.

I've tried toggling the hair control off, but it does not help.

Edited by AlphaAndOmega

Having an issue with getting this to work properly. I'm running 1.5.97 runtime (Pre-Ae), SKSE 2.0.20, I have all dependencies installed. Hair growth works just fine, can get makeup to show up and attach to slavetat slots but piercings aren't showing up. I can manually apply them in slavetats but the slot doesn't get locked down. Everything worked a couple weeks ago, tried undoing any mods that were add since to see if that fixed it. Still having an issue with the piercings. Constantly getting this error message when I hit the Tilde key: WARNING: Access to non-existing object with id OxDB21 {56097). Id and number in between {) vary based on which slavetat effect from YPS it's trying to apply.

Edited by Jgoftl
On 9/11/2022 at 5:07 AM, anonymous515 said:

Thank you for the excellent information. I'm using LE only since SE seemed even more broken, as you mentioned. I made it to step 6 of your guide but even when using the "AddItemMenu" mod you mentioned, I could only get the "Mirror". "Potion of Hairgrowth" and "Scissors (debug)", typed exactly as you put them, both show as nothing found:

image.png.960bcb78bf02cb8934f0f46ef9d6b2fa.png

Here are the details of the mod install:

image.png.a56eb5c31613e2efe30a74d4a583ed50.png

You're missing the yps-SSE-json download. You need that to get any of it to work.

19 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

You're missing the yps-SSE-json download. You need that to get any of it to work.

You rock for helping with this! As you can see from the Nexus Mod Manager, this is Skyrim LE. Are you sure I would need the "SSE" version?

And you're talking about this file right?:

image.png.0782a452c1af7f55182c221448f63815.png

LE might not need the additional .json for SSE as it is intended to overwrite identical files in the main download as an update for SSE. I did not notice it was LE, that was my bad. While I like the search option for AddItemMenu, just pulling up the entire yps plugin via that option and locating the items that way might work better.

Edited by Jgoftl
2 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

LE might not need the additional .json for SSE as it is intended to overwrite identical files in the main download as an update for SSE. I did not notice it was LE, that was my bad. While I like the search option for AddItemMenu, just pulling up the entire yps plugin via that option and locating the items that way might work better.

How do you load the yps plugin with AddItemMenu?

Hi. Thought to try this mod out. My own created default list of SMP hairs works well, but when I tried to test out braids and ponytails, after selecting the hairband, a popup menu appears, but the selection window afterward does not. The game pauses as if some sort of menu is open and keeps that way until I hit escape, despite no selections visible. 

Can anyone put me on the right track to what might be causing this?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Teddar said:

Hello all. I can't get the MCM menu to shop up no matter what i do. Items from the mod shop up in game, as does the hair/makeup npc in solitude. But no MCM so im stuck with untrained heels and can adjust any parameters. Any ideas please?

What version of Skyrim are you running? Did you download and install all 3 files?

15 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

What version of Skyrim are you running? Did you download and install all 3 files?

AE 1.6.640.0 - via Steam. Yes i downloaded all three files and also tried using the tweaked verion in the Wartimes thread in case it might work. I can open the esp using the QUI esp explorer in game, and there's an NPC in Raidient Raiment who i can talk to. My girl currently has an untrained heels debuff running when i equip heels.  So its kind of running but i get no MCM. I also tried kicking it with the configmanagerinstance 1 command. The MCM reloads several items but no YPS. :(

Just now, Teddar said:

AE 1.6.640.0 - via Steam with the latest SKSE. Yes i downloaded all three files and also tried using the tweaked verion in the Wartimes thread in case it might work. I can open the esp using the QUI esp explorer in game, and there's an NPC in Raidient Raiment who i can talk to. My girl currently has an untrained heels debuff running when i equip heels.  So its kind of running but i get no MCM. I also tried kicking it with the configmanagerinstance 1 command. The MCM reloads several items but no YPS. :(

3 hours ago, Teddar said:

AE 1.6.640.0 - via Steam. Yes i downloaded all three files and also tried using the tweaked verion in the Wartimes thread in case it might work. I can open the esp using the QUI esp explorer in game, and there's an NPC in Raidient Raiment who i can talk to. My girl currently has an untrained heels debuff running when i equip heels.  So its kind of running but i get no MCM. I also tried kicking it with the configmanagerinstance 1 command. The MCM reloads several items but no YPS. :(

There's your problem. It's not going to work. This was barely ported for SE as it was, it's not going to properly function on AE.

3 hours ago, Teddar said:

Why did i know you were going to say that. Lol. Oh well. It was worth a try :P

Unfortunately any mod that requires SKSE needs to be as up-to-date as possible to work. Always check the last updated date on the download page for anything requiring SKSE. If it requires SKSE and hasn't been updated since AE's, let alone since the last update, it's most likely not going to work. 

9 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

Unfortunately any mod that requires SKSE needs to be as up-to-date as possible to work. Always check the last updated date on the download page for anything requiring SKSE. If it requires SKSE and hasn't been updated since AE's, let alone since the last update, it's most likely not going to work. 

Yeah, i did check the OP to make sure it didnt say "not AE compatible". I was hoping that the tweak i found on the Wartimes Alt-start page would deal with the lack of a recent update here but i guess they are using SSE not AE. Its no biggie, i can wait. Thanks for the replies. :) 

36 minutes ago, Teddar said:

Yeah, i did check the OP to make sure it didnt say "not AE compatible". I was hoping that the tweak i found on the Wartimes Alt-start page would deal with the lack of a recent update here but i guess they are using SSE not AE. Its no biggie, i can wait. Thanks for the replies. :) 

YPS is pretty much a dead mod. The mod owner hasn't been here in nearly two years. Pretty safe to say there will not be an AE version.

6 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

YPS is pretty much a dead mod. The mod owner hasn't been here in nearly two years. Pretty safe to say there will not be an AE version.

True no doubt. But Monoman has made at least one tweak patch for YPS to date, so im hopefull that it might work with AE at some point., and if it doesnt, it won't be the end of the world. 

5 hours ago, Teddar said:

True no doubt. But Monoman has made at least one tweak patch for YPS to date, so im hopefull that it might work with AE at some point., and if it doesnt, it won't be the end of the world. 

The latest Tweak patch released, that I found, was October of last year before AE released. Monoman hasn't updated their tweak for 2 years now.

Edited by Jgoftl