MODS WILL BREAK AFTER PATCH FOR ECO-LIFESTYLE EXPANSION

I'm posting this here because this seems to be where most of the TS4 LL traffic is and more people are likely to see it. Eco-Lifestyle will drop on June 5th and prior to that we will see a patch update on June 2nd (thank you @BinkuChase), as is the norm, and this will likely break a lot of mods, as usual. 

If you want to continue to play your game until all of your favorite mods are updated:

1. Open Origin and turn off automatic updates! If you play with mods you should never use automatic updates. 

2. Take Your game offline, you will be forced to play offline anyway if you decide to play without updating.  

3. Wait for all mods to be updated, especially if you do use mods that are dependent on others! BE PATIENT, CREATORS HAVE LIVES TOO. 

4. Delete the old mods before downloading the new ones. 

5. After you finish downloading ALWAYS delete the localthumbcache to make sure all old mod data is wiped clean (this will not mess with your settings). 

6. Once you update your game to the current version, you will need to enable your mods again in order for them to show up in game AND restart your game.   

thx! 

SO disappointed in this & the last expansions!

Seems like communist living!

Tiny living wants me to live in a closet & the new eco one wants me to eat bugs! no thanx!

anyone who loves freedom should pass on these packs! I am.

so sad, that everytime a new EP or whatever goes live we have to deal with the same "problems"...
Even with your post, which is a goof idea, the forum will be full of "WW is not working anymore" "I get many errors" "why can't I use this and that mod anymore"

because many users won't even read threads until something is not working anymore and even less users understand what work is behind making a mod and what to deal with, if a new patch is released... they just think "come on modders, do your thing, I want to play" :(:(

for me, usually I don't play TS4 at least for a week when a new (big) patch and EP releases and I even avoid (mod-) forums, so that I don't need to read like 50 threads "this is not working anymore" :D

most of the time, after a week or 10 days, most of the mods are updated and so I just take a few days off of TS4 and get some rest *lol*

People will still ignore this. Hell some don't even read mod instructions and then whine about their stuff not working.

For example, WW recently updated and far, far too many people started moaning that KW and WP didn't work, despite their respective download pages making it abundantly clear that they only worked with the older version of WW.

For weeks now, there's been threads that have largely amounted to "I've installed WW v155c when this mod clearly states that it only supports v153d. WhY DoNt It WoRk?!"

2 hours ago, Vengeance_11 said:

People will still ignore this. Hell some don't even read mod instructions and then whine about their stuff not working.

For example, WW recently updated and far, far too many people started moaning that KW and WP didn't work, despite their respective download pages making it abundantly clear that they only worked with the older version of WW.

For weeks now, there's been threads that have largely amounted to "I've installed WW v155c when this mod clearly states that it only supports v153d. WhY DoNt It WoRk?!"

I know, trust me I know. People don't even read to see that the answers to their questions have already been posted. I figured for the handful who do actually try to help themselves I'd post it. 

1 hour ago, modella said:

Times like this makes me wish TS4 could run without Origin. I’m so tempted to let it update because they’re apparently adding in Repo and Fire men?!? I’m just like, now you all decide to do this? 

I just leave my game offline. I only go online every now and then when I want to refresh my towns with new community lots and I spend a good while doing it all at once so I can go offline again. 

Actually this works for me.

I've ordered a new system and it won't arrive until after the beginning of June (it seems kind of selfish to force next-day delivery nowadays). So I'll simply re-install everything from the ground up in the new system rather than transfer it. This will give me a chance to re-install just my essential mods and I'll finally be able to find out which of these thousands of package files I actually use!

By the time my new system arrives, all the adjusting for patches and upgrades will all be over. So it's all good.

Only problem with OP is they posted in the wrong forum. :P 

Needs to be moved and stickied until the weekend after patch day.

And then sanction every brain dead who comes to cry that their stuff broke. Paying attention is your responsibility.

the thing is, @DarkAudit, this just doesn't happen only with a new patch :(

This also happens everytime WW gets an update... 2 hours after WW update you can see the first posts about "kinky whims does not work anymore after WW update - WhY pLeAsE hElP mE !!!111"

:(

it's just sad and, tbh totally annoying

and it's the same in other forums or mod help channels... just wait for the new patch and take a look in different discord help channels of other mods. it will be flodded with "please update your mod, my game broke" and "when will you update your mod"

thing is, if you would have a mod on Patreon and patron only, so you have paying costumers, I kind of would understand the demands... but 97% of the modders do it for fun and free and yet, are treated like s#!t ...
I've seen a lot of disgusting comments :(:(:(

people are stupid and demanding...and will ever be :(
(most of them, don't feel offended :P )

Be ready they gonna add firefighters to codes and animations. Means scripts mods needs to be fixed to support that. Also almost every object associated with custom fire, might get broken. Rest of the update are ladders, finally and free at least.  Other cas items , and nothing more. Rest of the update for the ones that gonna buy it, is recicled content from university, island living , season and strangeville expansion with another skins. Specially pollution, is just spore effects with another colour.

On 5/21/2020 at 6:19 PM, RUASim21 said:

5. After you finish downloading ALWAYS delete the localthumbcache to make sure all old mod data is wiped clean (this will not mess with your settings).

When you say it doesn't mess with settings, does it also preserve game data? Like progress in custom careers, sims keeping custom traits, and mod stats associated with sims?

35 minutes ago, nanashi50 said:

When you say it doesn't mess with settings, does it also preserve game data? Like progress in custom careers, sims keeping custom traits, and mod stats associated with sims?

Local thumbnailcache is just an archive  that load access icons of any package. Like a visual door, for example in your phone gallery. You can see your taken pictures easy, cause an archive with all thumbnails was previously created. It doesn’t affect any save, trait or mod etc.

however it loads versions, for example you have a dress 1 package, but his creator decided to add a new hat and new colours to that suit. Until you delete your thumbnail Cache, that new dress may won’t appear or working properly, cause is loading a previously version. Instead of replaced or update one.

I appreciate the OP's effort but been there and done that with these folks. They won't pay attention and I have the over/under at 20 threads of "Updated game and WW broke please help", "WW broke with update please fix". Just like previous posters have mentioned. Folks have been using WW and Nisa since inception and still haven't learned they are somewhat in lockstep. Depending on what Turbo changes Nisa will have to update too.

4 hours ago, TheAfr0Samurai said:

I appreciate the OP's effort but been there and done that with these folks. They won't pay attention and I have the over/under at 20 threads of "Updated game and WW broke please help", "WW broke with update please fix". Just like previous posters have mentioned. Folks have been using WW and Nisa since exception and still haven't learned they are somewhat in lockstep. Depending on what Turbo changes Nisa will have to update too.

I I had any mod powers, I'd sticky this all over the place with a warning that "I updated and everything broke! WAAHH!" threads would be deleted on sight. Sucks to be them this time around. No mercy.

44 minutes ago, DarkAudit said:

I I had any mod powers, I'd sticky this all over the place with a warning that "I updated and everything broke! WAAHH!" threads would be deleted on sight. Sucks to be them this time around. No mercy.

+1

I would do that, too.
I know, this maybe not the most polite way to behave as a moderator in a forum, but I am so sick of those threads as well...
Especially if you have many threads asking the same question, that has been ask like 20min before, by some dude that only registered here to write this one post. After he has the answer, he will never return to this forum again... most of them won't even say "thank you" :(

But I guess that's the way most people do it on the internet, which is sad though

On 5/22/2020 at 7:26 AM, modella said:

Times like this makes me wish TS4 could run without Origin. I’m so tempted to let it update because they’re apparently adding in Repo and Fire men?!? I’m just like, now you all decide to do this? 

Don't forget ladders!

This inter-expansion period has been the first time I've played with any substantial mods (in the last two weeks I added Wicked Whims,  Basemental Drugs and Gangs, Extreme Violence,  and a few others),   so I appreciate heads up like this.