Quick question: can you blackmail faction/clan leaders into joining? I currently have the queen of a faction added via a mod. I've blackmailed other faction members into joining, but the option never pops up for her.

Edit: Nevermind. I disabled pretty much every other event, dumped every other captive in my town jail and it still took a bit, but it finally happened.

Edited by jesterbrown
  • 2 weeks later...

@transfer

Thank you for all the work you put into this Mod. It adds a lot of content to the repetitive base looters farming and endless battles.

I had asked a few questions in BadLister's thread, but I realize now I should've done it here:

Currently using 1.7.1 and your most recent version and have not had any major crashes, except for one event "something TDS something" (sorry, I will post the actual event name when I get to my desktop). 

Some questions in order to understand your Mod's mechanics:
1- what do "Affection" and "Obedience" do? it looks like they are inversely related, when Affection goes up, Obedience tends to go down.
2- what is the difference between "Devoted", "Broken"...etc. What do they actually do?
3- in the Events Options Menu, it allows us to change the frequency of each individual event and add a custom picture. For the frequency, does a higher number for a given event mean that event happens more often or is it the opposite?

So far, the only crash I had was during one of the events: <Name>TB_captor_tds_kidnap</Name>

I don't recall which option I selected then the game crashed. I disabled all the TDS events in the options menu and everything is working great!

In my most recent game, something unusual is going on. PC (Empire) captured a female Khuzait Noble and made her join the Harem. Some time later she asked to join PC's clan and was accepted as part of "PC's family". The odd thing is that she is showing up twice on the Clan menu as a Family member and as a Companion. She also shows up twice in the Kingdom menu under clan members. 

I attached a game save for your review. 

Thank you. 

171Titus010.sav

2 hours ago, GamerzZ said:

@transfer

Thank you for all the work you put into this Mod. It adds a lot of content to the repetitive base looters farming and endless battles.

I had asked a few questions in BadLister's thread, but I realize now I should've done it here:

Currently using 1.7.1 and your most recent version and have not had any major crashes, except for one event "something TDS something" (sorry, I will post the actual event name when I get to my desktop). 

Some questions in order to understand your Mod's mechanics:
1- what do "Affection" and "Obedience" do? it looks like they are inversely related, when Affection goes up, Obedience tends to go down.
2- what is the difference between "Devoted", "Broken"...etc. What do they actually do?
3- in the Events Options Menu, it allows us to change the frequency of each individual event and add a custom picture. For the frequency, does a higher number for a given event mean that event happens more often or is it the opposite?

So far, the only crash I had was during one of the events: <Name>TB_captor_tds_kidnap</Name>

I don't recall which option I selected then the game crashed. I disabled all the TDS events in the options menu and everything is working great!

In my most recent game, something unusual is going on. PC (Empire) captured a female Khuzait Noble and made her join the Harem. Some time later she asked to join PC's clan and was accepted as part of "PC's family". The odd thing is that she is showing up twice on the Clan menu as a Family member and as a Companion. She also shows up twice in the Kingdom menu under clan members. 

I attached a game save for your review. 

Thank you. 

The events you've described have one thing in common: They both start battle scenarios when the appropriate option is selected. I would guess that some change that's been made in Bannerlord has once again caused crashes when these options are selected. I recommend disabling or removing any options that lead to battle scenarios. 

Affection is intended to describe how much a captive likes you, and modifies which events trigger from certain actions and what options are available for others.

Obedience is intended to describe how much a captive will obey you out of fear or training, and modifies which events trigger from certain actions and what options are available for others.

Devoted is a flag that unlocks certain behaviors and events, and is usually set when Affection is very high for a captive. It means the captive obeys you out of devotion or love.

Broken is a flag that unlocks certain behaviors and events, and is usually set when Obedience is very high for a captive. It means the captive has lost any will to resist.

I don't know how the events options menu works; I haven't played Bannerlord since before it was implemented.

Bannerlord handles followers in extremely inconsistent ways. My events were written expecting them to behave as they *usually* did, at the time of writing. TaleWorlds frequently makes seemingly arbitrary changes to this behavior, so I'm afraid it is very likely that events that affect followers, particularly where allegiances, clans, or kingdoms are involved, will behave erratically.

The erratic nature of the game is the reason that I have stopped updating this mod; I don't have the patience to build on quicksand.

18 hours ago, transfer said:

The events you've described have one thing in common: They both start battle scenarios when the appropriate option is selected. I would guess that some change that's been made in Bannerlord has once again caused crashes when these options are selected. I recommend disabling or removing any options that lead to battle scenarios. 

Affection is intended to describe how much a captive likes you, and modifies which events trigger from certain actions and what options are available for others.

Obedience is intended to describe how much a captive will obey you out of fear or training, and modifies which events trigger from certain actions and what options are available for others.

Devoted is a flag that unlocks certain behaviors and events, and is usually set when Affection is very high for a captive. It means the captive obeys you out of devotion or love.

Broken is a flag that unlocks certain behaviors and events, and is usually set when Obedience is very high for a captive. It means the captive has lost any will to resist.

I don't know how the events options menu works; I haven't played Bannerlord since before it was implemented.

Bannerlord handles followers in extremely inconsistent ways. My events were written expecting them to behave as they *usually* did, at the time of writing. TaleWorlds frequently makes seemingly arbitrary changes to this behavior, so I'm afraid it is very likely that events that affect followers, particularly where allegiances, clans, or kingdoms are involved, will behave erratically.

The erratic nature of the game is the reason that I have stopped updating this mod; I don't have the patience to build on quicksand.

Thank you so much for your detailed response and I totally understand how frustrating it is to put in so much work and efforts for then seeing it all go sideways after each major game update.

I will take a screenshot of the Mod Option window for you to have any idea how it looks like.

Some screenshots:

When you hover over the name of the event, it shows you the description (or the event text)

When you hover over the Custom Event Frequency, it shows a number which I assume is the likelihood of the event taking place. But it might also be the amount of game time between 2 events? If so, then a smaller number means more frequent event, right?

1150235037_Screenshot(340)(1).thumb.jpg.6c3591c86b9971afc84a36e7ada8b768.jpg1120072243_Screenshot(340)(2).thumb.jpg.f04187664d50068a7317e54768fbe520.jpg

These are screenshots showing how the Harem ladies are showing up in game. 

I was wondering whether it would be possible for them to be considered Family Members only, so they don't take a Companion spot?

By the way, Thelea and Mitara (The Wanderers) are Companions added through the events. They were appropriately added to the Companion list. But Epipheria and Mesui were captured Nobles that were added to the player's Harem, then events triggered and they asked to join player's clan. In this instance the game handled them differently than the Wanderers and were added both as family members and companions.

001.thumb.jpg.6f4ba8a80ba497070777a9ca806d8911.jpg002.thumb.jpg.66ad616291953dc173ab82befdd628df.jpg

Edited by GamerzZ

Hm. I can only guess as to how i would have coded the custom event frequency behavior; BadListener would be the only person to have a conclusive answer there. My guess would be that it just applies a weight multiplier to events, so that people sick of a specific event triggering constantly can reduce it. Sounds more useful than it is, however, as in my experience if an event is triggering constantly it's usually because it's the only / one of the few events eligible to trigger, so weight would have little effect.

Similarly, the behavior of companions / nobles when hit with a request to change clans or kingdoms is something BL will have details about - my events just call the functions they've written, i.e. I tell the event "if the player chooses X, run the joinClan function". 

The spawned companions are created using a createcompanion function, so I'd guess it'd be technically possible to make them not appear as companions, but I don't know for certain - it depends on whether there's currently:

• a function that spawns a character (not just a troop) as non-companion
  • a way to target that character with joinClan / joinKingdom

Thanks you again for the info.

I am trying to improve Relations with captives once they join the player's clan. How would I go about it?

I would like to improve Relation by 10 when Player accepts to have a captive join the clan:

I found these lines in other events and I was wondering how to add them to this particular event in order to increase Relation with the newly added companion: 

<Companions>
               <Companion Id="1">
                  <MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences>
                     <RestrictedListOfConsequences>EmptyIcon</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                     <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ChangeRelation</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                  </MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences>
                  <RelationTotal>15</RelationTotal>
               </Companion>
            </Companions>

<CEEvent>
        <Name>TB_scion_prisoner_discovery</Name>
        <Text>One of your men brings one of the prisoners to your attention, a filthy, bedraggled young man. The soldier reveals that the 'man' is in fact a woman, a scion of a rival house who fled the comforts and safety of home for the promise of adventure. She's found it, though perhaps not quite as she intended, and the soldier asks you what you wish to do with her.</Text>
        <BackgroundName>TB_scion_captive</BackgroundName>
        <NotificationName>TB_random_notification</NotificationName>
        <MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
            <RestrictedListOfFlags>Captor</RestrictedListOfFlags>
        </MultipleRestrictedListOfFlags>
        <Options>
            <Option>
                <Order>0</Order>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>Continue</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ChangeSkill</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                <OptionText>This changes nothing. Keep her captive.</OptionText>
                <SpawnHeroes>
                    <SpawnHero Ref="Prisoner" Gender="Female" Clan="Random">
                        <SkillsToLevel>
                            <Skill Id="OneHanded" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Scouting" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Riding" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Trade" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Leadership" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Roguery" ByXP="R 5000 200000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Charm" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Engineering" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Medicine" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Steward" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Bow" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                        </SkillsToLevel>
                    </SpawnHero>
                </SpawnHeroes>
            </Option>
            <Option>
                <Order>1</Order>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ChangeSkill</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>PlayerAllowedCompanion</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                <OptionText>Offer to let her join your banner.</OptionText>
                <SpawnHeroes>
                    <SpawnHero Ref="Troop" Gender="Female" Clan="Random">
                        <SkillsToLevel>
                            <Skill Id="OneHanded" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Scouting" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Riding" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Trade" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Leadership" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Roguery" ByXP="R 5000 200000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Charm" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Engineering" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Medicine" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Steward" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                            <Skill Id="Bow" ByXP="R 5000 20000" HideNotification="true"/>
                        </SkillsToLevel>
                    </SpawnHero>
                </SpawnHeroes>
            </Option>
            <Option>
                <Order>2</Order>
                    <RestrictedListOfConsequences>ChangeRenown</RestrictedListOfConsequences>
                <OptionText>Order her execution.</OptionText>
                <RenownTotal>10</RenownTotal>
            </Option>
        </Options>
        <ReqCustomCode>true</ReqCustomCode>
        <SexualContent>true</SexualContent>
        <WeightedChanceOfOccuring>50</WeightedChanceOfOccuring>
        <ReqHeroMinAge>18</ReqHeroMinAge>
        <ReqTroopsAbove>10</ReqTroopsAbove>
        <ReqCaptivesAbove>5</ReqCaptivesAbove>
    </CEEvent>
</CEEvents>

I don't believe it's possible to do so like that - AFAIK there's no way to reference a spawned hero in the event that spawns them. 

There is a way I think would work, but it'd involve polluting the skill namespace with another skill purely to track whether or not you'd previously edited relation in this way*. For this reason, and because in general modifying relation is prone to erratic behavior in bannerlord (relation affects the clan, not the actor, which means you can end up with really weird behaviors like suddenly finding yourself allied with a clan you didn't know existed), I recommend not doing that. 

If you're looking to make the heroes start out liking you more, I recommend using the CaptiveAffection skill instead. You could do this by adding:

<Skill Id="CaptiveAffection" ByLevel="15" HideNotification="true"/>

to the <SkillsToLevel> node, beneath (or above, doesn't matter) the other skills. 

This of course won't affect relation, but it will give you an initial boost to make befriending them easier, and story-wise reflects that in that event you're showing them mercy.

*If you really must, I theorize that you could:

1. create a new boolean skill, e.g. "noRelation" with a default value of zero (similar to the way the Devoted and Broken skills work).
  2. Set that skill to 1 when spawning the hero.
  3. Create an event that triggers on heroes who have that skill set to 1; the event:
    1. Sets the skill to zero (so it doesn't trigger again)
    2. Uses the stock relation feature to improve relation with that actor

Edited by transfer
8 hours ago, GamerzZ said:

Thanks, I'll "play" with your suggestions and figure out something.

I did not think about the Relation increasing also with the original clan, which may cause possible unwanted behaviors.

Yeah - when I first implemented the events that now use "Obedience" and "Affection", I just used relation. It wreaked havoc on my game; I ended up permanently allied to the entire bandit faction and suddenly found myself at war with my (previously) closest ally. It's why I try to avoid interacting with default game behaviors in any of my events - I never know when some incredibly strange behavior will occur and break an otherwise functional game system.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a strange problem on 1.7.0 version of CE and this mod. Basically it works just fine, but consistently crashes after picking any option in events that have Captor flag. I just turned of captor events for a while but later still got one and tried to save my 40 minutes of playtime and the only thing that worked for me was changing type of event from Captor (to Random in my case). Then I loaded a save that was made with event already triggered and no crash happened, event worked just fine. Since I can't simply change these flags to random, because I will get captor event with no prisoners, any idea why it might be happening? 

14 hours ago, Romual said:

I have a strange problem on 1.7.0 version of CE and this mod. Basically it works just fine, but consistently crashes after picking any option in events that have Captor flag. I just turned of captor events for a while but later still got one and tried to save my 40 minutes of playtime and the only thing that worked for me was changing type of event from Captor (to Random in my case). Then I loaded a save that was made with event already triggered and no crash happened, event worked just fine. Since I can't simply change these flags to random, because I will get captor event with no prisoners, any idea why it might be happening? 

If changing the event type to random works, that rules out most of my potential suspicions. I'd bring this up to BadListener if it's that easy to replicate. I'd guess the CTD is caused by an attempt to reference a nonexistent actor, as I've seen that cause a CTD before and Random events handle the same actor targeting commands differently. 

16 hours ago, AndarielHalo said:

I'm getting red text errors when loading game on the lower left of the screen.  Going to the CE module logs I get a few dozen "Failed to load" events with "An item with the same key has already been added"

Is this normal?  If so, how do I stop the red text?

This means you have someone else's events also loaded who uses the same event keys as mine. Pick one mod to use, or manually remove the events that share names from one of the mods. Alternatively, place the mod whose events you want to have preference lower on the load list and then ignore the red messages.

This used to happen whenever someone had SadSun's events installed as well as mine, as both override the events that occur when talking to captives. I've not kept up with available event packs, so it's possible that someone else is also doing something similar.

2 hours ago, Useful89 said:

Forgive me if I'm being dumb, but is there any way to view the player's Slavery stat? I can't even work it out using stuff like the console!

It should display when you gain or lose Slavery. There's a command to view all of an actor's stats, but unfortunately I don't remember it anymore - BadListener probably remembers.

Having played a bit more 

On 3/20/2022 at 9:17 PM, transfer said:

This means you have someone else's events also loaded who uses the same event keys as mine. Pick one mod to use, or manually remove the events that share names from one of the mods. Alternatively, place the mod whose events you want to have preference lower on the load list and then ignore the red messages.

This used to happen whenever someone had SadSun's events installed as well as mine, as both override the events that occur when talking to captives. I've not kept up with available event packs, so it's possible that someone else is also doing something similar.

It should display when you gain or lose Slavery. There's a command to view all of an actor's stats, but unfortunately I don't remember it anymore - BadListener probably remembers.

Having played a bit more, it's possible that there's either a specific event that has to trip or else I've installed it wrong, because the only thing changing for me during events is Renown, not Slavery. I have no popups for the latter stat at all, in fact.

3 hours ago, Useful89 said:

Having played a bit more 

Having played a bit more, it's possible that there's either a specific event that has to trip or else I've installed it wrong, because the only thing changing for me during events is Renown, not Slavery. I have no popups for the latter stat at all, in fact.

Is your character captive to an enemy notable? (complicated, but basically not bandits / looters) Have you seen events which indicate that you have been enslaved, and not just captured? It's possible the events that set that status just aren't triggering for you.

18 hours ago, transfer said:

Is your character captive to an enemy notable? (complicated, but basically not bandits / looters) Have you seen events which indicate that you have been enslaved, and not just captured? It's possible the events that set that status just aren't triggering for you.

Ah, that'd be it then. I was playtesting it on bandits and looters because it's easier to throw yourself at them than the notables. And my one character who got capped by a notable on her own was from a game before I installed, so I'll test it again with the notable. Are there any specific events or flags I need to disable or enable in the mod menu to encourage this?

EDIT: This worked. I just had to get nabbed by a rival lord and wait for them to get bored of me as a captive and instead drag me into a city--then the slavery system started working. Thanks!

Edited by Useful89
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, 31zlapfk said:

Are there any new updates?

Essentially, no. I'm unfortunately even more unlikely to update this now that people have been working / modding on top of it, as I don't want to make their changes incompatible. (This isn't a referendum on people trying to add / mod on top of this, just a statement that if I were to make changes to this, they'd probably break other people's mods at this point, and I really don't want to do that). 

If I do come back to this project, it will almost certainly be a separate mod layered on top of this one, or (still more likely) me volunteering to write / edit copy for other people's events.

On 3/20/2022 at 6:52 AM, AndarielHalo said:

I'm getting red text errors when loading game on the lower left of the screen.  Going to the CE module logs I get a few dozen "Failed to load" events with "An item with the same key has already been added"

Is this normal?  If so, how do I stop the red text?

Same here, then I unpause game and game freezes without any error message