Hey, everyone.

When i use the "Freeform Ledge Variant" of the Impaler, the victims sink into the ground, and can't be seen any longer. The animation is ok, but the victims always disappear into the ground. Can anybody help me with that issue? The impaler is sooo cool...

When i use the "automatic" Impaler, there is no sound anymore. Is that normal, or am i an idiot?

Thanks @ all! :-)

2 hours ago, Vollzonk said:

When i use the "Freeform Ledge Variant" of the Impaler, the victims sink into the ground, and can't be seen any longer.

As the name Implies, you are supposed to place it at a Ledge...

2 hours ago, Vollzonk said:

When i use the "automatic" Impaler, there is no sound anymore. Is that normal, or am i an idiot?

No sound for males and some Generics

On 10/2/2023 at 11:28 PM, Pamatronic said:

No sound for males and some Generics

Is is possible to get easy fix/patch/variant with disabling that check - so Bandit, Forsworn, Necromancer and other level-listed girls will be able to play sound while on gallow?

Or "no interest/no chance", and no point to check mod page waiting for it, so i just can use current version as it is as "final" with it disadvantage of immersion breaking?)

No pressure, just asking)

Edited by Fnakasjg
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 5:24 PM, Fnakasjg said:

Is is possible to get easy fix/patch/variant with disabling that check - so Bandit, Forsworn, Necromancer and other level-listed girls will be able to play sound while on gallow?

Or "no interest/no chance", and no point to check mod page waiting for it, so i just can use current version as it is as "final" with it disadvantage of immersion breaking?)

I can take a look at it when I do the next addition to the mod, but it doesn't have much of a priority right now.

19 minutes ago, Pamatronic said:

I can take a look at it when I do the next addition to the mod

Thank man)

but it doesn't have much of a priority right now.

Y, sure decide yourself, its fine)

Its just little option/variant/fix that will add a lot of immersion/realism 

If you will be able to implement it at some point - i will be much appreciate it

But dont hurry - just if you will have time and wish)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 8:24 AM, Fnakasjg said:

On this topic. Does anyone know how the mod actually does the gender check? So I can jerry rig a "fix" myself. I poked around a bit in the creation kit and SSE edit and didn't see anything super obvious. 

Hi. This is more of an FYI than anything else but when running Wrye Bash it throws up an error in this mod (apparently XEdit does not like it either). On talking to the WB team about it I got the following reply:

WB tells you what's wrong right here:

record_structs.py 565 loadData: Error loading QUST record and/or subrecord: (PamaFurnitureScr.esp, 00A538)
  eid = pamaFurniture_Quest
  subrecord = VMAD
  subrecord size = 1676
  file pos = 77870
  header flags = 0x00000000 (None)
mod_files.py 212 load_plugin: Error in PamaFurnitureScr.esp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 555, in loadData
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 2399, in load_mel
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 1996, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 1600, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 2215, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 2080, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 1436, in _read_vmad_str16
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb4 in position 4: invalid start byte

That mod is broken, it has a QUST record (pamaFurniture_Quest) with a VMAD subrecord that contains a non-UTF-8 string. VMAD is only allowed to contain UTF-8 strings.

I hope this is useful and apologies if it is not :)

Edited by Brumfondl
On 12/28/2023 at 12:39 AM, Brumfondl said:

Hi. This is more of an FYI than anything else but when running Wrye Bash it throws up an error in this mod (apparently XEdit does not like it either). On talking to the WB team about it I got the following reply:

WB tells you what's wrong right here:

record_structs.py 565 loadData: Error loading QUST record and/or subrecord: (PamaFurnitureScr.esp, 00A538)
  eid = pamaFurniture_Quest
  subrecord = VMAD
  subrecord size = 1676
  file pos = 77870
  header flags = 0x00000000 (None)
mod_files.py 212 load_plugin: Error in PamaFurnitureScr.esp
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bash\brec\record_structs.py", line 555, in loadData
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 2399, in load_mel
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 1996, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 1600, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 2215, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 2080, in load_frag
  File "bash\brec\complex_subrecords.py", line 1436, in _read_vmad_str16
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0xb4 in position 4: invalid start byte

That mod is broken, it has a QUST record (pamaFurniture_Quest) with a VMAD subrecord that contains a non-UTF-8 string. VMAD is only allowed to contain UTF-8 strings.

I hope this is useful and apologies if it is not :)

Probably some old strings somewhere in the properties. I can take a look at it next time I do an update.
But to be perfectly honest, the mod doesn't touch any vanilla records. So there is precious little reason to include it in a bashed patch.

Was looking for some sort of solution to solve my head and body color mismatch issue for the spitroast event as my previous character playthrough never had this issue before. After testing for a while, it seems (to me, with the mods I have) like my issue is my character's race and hairstyle mods. If my character race is either a Nord OR Imperial AND my hairstyle comes from the KS Hairdos - HDT SMP (Physics) mod, then the issue is resolved. Anything other than that (tried using a Breton race with Dint999 hairstyle )and the issue occurs.

Hope this shines some light for anyone having the same issue. Going to test some more if I have the time.

19 hours ago, Pamatronic said:

Fun in whiterun Jail:

Looking interesting and promising)

Is it "lethal" same as Gallow by the way (strangle to death after some time on it)?

By the way adding of that sound option/file variant for ALL females during preparing and dangling on current version Gallows (including non-unique level listed Bandit|Necromancer|Forsworn girls who are without sounds right now bcs they are "level-listed", matched with "male" by that and have no sounds at all) will be just best and happiest immersive role-play thing ever to advanced that mode in-game))

(May be with same sound and option for that device as well when it will be a thing?)

You know, some roleplay stuff like "Guards are executing on gallow near town gates random Bandit girl and you was here right in time to save her just in last moment by paying her bounty when she was already dangling and about being strangled to death, and now she is very thankfull to you for that save of her life in very last moment when she was already about to be dead in 5-20 more seconds")

And if girl will do some sounds during all of that - just will give more immersion))

Not critical even if current view (when they are idle and dangling fully silently) for sure, just "further expansion for level of immersion")

Ofcource, only if you are still interested in that option and it is not too hard to implement that without too many work and time spending)

(Easiest variant way i guess will be just "give ALL NPCs (both males and females, without any checks as it is implemented in current version now) sounds", will work easy and perfect if someone (like me) using those 99% of time only on females any way, and (probably?) will be very fast and easy to implement)

Edited by Fnakasjg