vaultbait Posted February 13, 2022 Posted February 13, 2022 7 hours ago, rypley said: thank you for your answer, it helped me to know where not to look. I manually activated / deactivated each mod (other than those necessary for the functioning of AAF) The cause of my crashes was a mod that allowed to select the pieces of armor that we want to keep equipped during an AAF animation. Since I fired everything works. Assuming you're talking about Rogg No-Strip Items Manager, that really shouldn't be causing crashes either. Odds are its removal caused some butterfly effect which has resulted in whatever your actual cause of crashes was to no longer trigger them. Odds are you're not using Buffout 4 or have it installed incorrectly so that it's not actually loading. If you don't have any crash-*.log or Buffout4.log files, look in your f4se.log and see if there are errors related to loading Buffout4.dll (and if there are errors about that, it's probably due to not being able to find its dependencies, make sure all of those are installed correctly).
maddadicusrex Posted February 13, 2022 Posted February 13, 2022 (edited) The biggest obstruction to finding why things are not working is our absolute belief that we know more than the "masters". And so ,we do not like to hear that we may have to disable mods , add one at a time and test. We do not like to hear that our favorite mod might have to go! We do not like to hear that we actually might have to work at getting 20 mods to play nice with each other instead of plug and play without conflict. And the greatest obstruction of all, is that we do not like to hear that you cannot place a square peg in a round hole! So until we can eat humble pie and stop being lazy, then we will continue to beat our breasts, stamp our feet and cry to all around us how AAF sucks! Just sayin? Edited February 13, 2022 by maddadicusrex
Cayde-7 Posted February 13, 2022 Posted February 13, 2022 To my own surprise I managed to set up all of this accordingly. Doesn't mean it works, but it sure helped. Thanks a lot^^
Will55 Posted February 13, 2022 Posted February 13, 2022 (edited) Please no moralizing about what we should do before we 3 hours ago, maddadicusrex said: The biggest obstruction to finding why things are not working is our absolute belief that we know more than the "masters". And so ,we do not like to hear that we may have to disable mods , add one at a time and test. We do not like to hear that our favorite mod might have to go! We do not like to hear that we actually might have to work at getting 20 mods to play nice with each other instead of plug and play without conflict. And the greatest obstruction of all, is that we do not like to hear that you cannot place a square peg in a round hole! So until we can eat humble pie and stop being lazy, then we will continue to beat our breasts, stamp our feet and cry to all around us how Skyrim is easier and AAF sucks! Just sayin? Nice little piece of supercilious arrogance there, smiley or not. I asked for help, not a lecture and have been playing heavily mod'd games for ~20 years. I slavishly followed the "Fucking Manual" well before I came here. Coming here was a last resort and was about as useful as I expected. Sure, I am more familiar with SSE than F4 BUT only WRT the NSFW bits. This has to be my 7th & 8th chars in F4. The Skyrim NSFW bits were easy by comparison. Up and running with hours Not a whinge. Just a fact. Like everything I guess it will become easier but the curve initially is far steeper for F4. However, I managed to get my male char naked and with a penis even though it has a right angle in it. I guess that kinky females will love him (RH thread ones that is) But my parallel female char who has all of the AAF functioning now, has had her meshes warped so badly she looks like an aborted adult sized foetus. So, it's back to the "one by one" elimination. In doing so I will probably stuff up my male char. I actually had the same problem when I created her, but it "disappeared". I wish I could remember what I did to fix it then. Addendum: my male char still has a penis and it is normal BUT he is still wearing his underpants and it pokes right through them. poor quality cotton? He has all AAF functions available but I am yet to test them as I have work to do. Edited February 13, 2022 by Will55
Will55 Posted February 13, 2022 Posted February 13, 2022 (edited) Before I totally wear out my "welcome" here, does anyone know what causes this? Image removed as now redundant. Edited February 15, 2022 by Will55
maddadicusrex Posted February 13, 2022 Posted February 13, 2022 3 hours ago, Will55 said: Before I totally wear out my "welcome" here, does anyone know what causes this? To repent for my speechifying, this is definately a body/clothing conflict. CBBE clothing will do this on EVB/Vanilla body or visa/versa. Without seeing your actual mod list, I would suggest disabling your clothing mods and see if your body gets sorted. Could also be a conflicted skin texture mod. Also, by a bent penis for your male, did you maybe push a wrong slider building your male body. Erections should be morphable and straight only during sex. When you build your body, it should be at 0 and then toggle the morphs button, before saving. Nothing against you personally. You were just the closest and latest in the line of fire.
Nuka Cherry Posted February 13, 2022 Posted February 13, 2022 (edited) The black marks are a classic sign it is the wrong texture for the body, or you are running two bodies, or you have the mods in the wrong order. Uninstall all of your body mods (CBBE/FG/etc). Check the skin textures match, and reinstall. Put the textures after the body. Penis issues are probably caused because you did not build the bodytalk bodslide separately. Unlike Skyrim, FO4 you do bodyslide twice - once for male (bodytalk options) and then female (fusion girl nude, for example). You do not select all and let bodyslide rip. Edited February 13, 2022 by Nuka Cherry
Nebuchadnezzer2 Posted February 14, 2022 Posted February 14, 2022 8 hours ago, Will55 said: I asked for help, not a lecture and have been playing heavily mod'd games for ~20 years. I slavishly followed the "Fucking Manual" well before I came here. Coming here was a last resort and was about as useful as I expected. Don't mind him. Bit sanctimonious even for him, really. Anyway. This is, and time, are exactly why this exists: Been what, 34 hours since your first comment in here? About 28 between that, and the image of the texture mismatch? Assuming one of us (mods) is around, that's the kinda shit that'd take (assuming a quick response and screenshot from the person lookin for help) more like 28 minutes to sort out. A forum like LL is far too drawn out, scattered, and slow to be troubleshooting in, really.
Will55 Posted February 14, 2022 Posted February 14, 2022 (edited) After sifting through some 330 + mods the problem was due to Valkr body textures that were needed for a preset that my better(?) half liked as she said it looked like her sister (well the boobs sure did as that woman was dangerous on the dance floor). I made a char to keep her happy and she said: "OMG look at those boobs! You males....etc" and never deleted it just in case she wanted another look or to use herself. I never picked it up as I was working so hard getting a penis onto my male char who, BTW still has his underpants on. Seriously what woman, rapee or not, would want to be bonked by a guy too ashamed to take his knickers off? Thanks for the actual advice although telling me that it was texture/mesh related was a bit obvious as I even I could work that bit out. But still: Thank You both! I have learnt a good lesson though, about how to handle such problems in MO2 as I only moved over to it some months ago before I returned to Skyrim and I am quite pleased with myself for once but as that has already drawn some flak even at home, I best shut up. Do NOTE! He still has his *&^%ing underpants on.? Addendum: IIRC wasn't there a mod that had a lot of crucified female captives in Concord that could be released/raped/companioned by the PC? Very useful at low levels in survival IIRC. I cannot find it anywhere. Edited February 14, 2022 by Will55 1
maddadicusrex Posted February 14, 2022 Posted February 14, 2022 2 hours ago, Will55 said: After sifting through some 330 + mods the problem was due to Valkr body textures that were needed for a preset that my better(?) half liked as she said it looked like her sister (well the boobs sure did as that woman was dangerous on the dance floor). I made a char to keep her happy and she said: "OMG look at those boobs! You males....etc" and never deleted it just in case she wanted another look or to use herself. I never picked it up as I was working so hard getting a penis onto my male char who, BTW still has his underpants on. Seriously what woman, rapee or not, would want to be bonked by a guy too ashamed to take his knickers off? Thanks for the actual advice although telling me that it was texture/mesh related was a bit obvious as I even I could work that bit out. But still: Thank You both! I have learnt a good lesson though, about how to handle such problems in MO2 as I only moved over to it some months ago before I returned to Skyrim and I am quite pleased with myself for once but as that has already drawn some flak even at home, I best shut up. Do NOTE! He still has his *&^%ing underpants on.? Addendum: IIRC wasn't there a mod that had a lot of crucified female captives in Concord that could be released/raped/companioned by the PC? Very useful at low levels in survival IIRC. I cannot find it anywhere. Guessing you are using Bodytalk. When you downloaded it, did you choose the not nude version in error? We are given mutiple choices and in my younger years ,still did not give me a leg up to better grades.
Nuka Cherry Mobile Posted February 14, 2022 Posted February 14, 2022 When building the bodytalk body in bodyslide, you select bodytalk nude or uncut. That should fix the pants issues.
vaultbait Posted February 14, 2022 Posted February 14, 2022 8 hours ago, Will55 said: Addendum: IIRC wasn't there a mod that had a lot of crucified female captives in Concord that could be released/raped/companioned by the PC? Very useful at low levels in survival IIRC. I cannot find it anywhere. Commonwealth Captives Be aware that it doesn't necessarily place captives in Concord, it just has a (configurable) chance to add captives wherever sentient enemies appear. The next time you play, there may be none in Concord, or there may suddenly be some there when you return (assuming you haven't cleared out those raiders yet). I agree, though, it's especially useful at low levels to have a small army of former captives backing you up, especially if you find them some clothes and gear (or maybe even if you don't!). 1
Guest Posted February 15, 2022 Posted February 15, 2022 silly question and maybe they already answered it at the time, but AFF animations are compatible with this body -- https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12406 if it is recommended to use it? and this one has physics for these animations? or how do I make the animations have physics in breasts and that?
Will55 Posted February 15, 2022 Posted February 15, 2022 (edited) Well! Live and Learn! Thank you for the replies! My female char who is distinctly lesbian (and dominant) now that Nate has departed, wandered into the Abernethy farm. I had not yet familiarized myself with any AAF hotkeys although I did have a brief look. As my char is "delicious"(Funny that! It certainly took enough effort) old man Abernethy is onto her like a fly etc and said something to her which I missed. I was not certain how to reply and clicked more or less at random as I was removing the cat from resting her head the keyboard........... ..again! Next thing I know my virtual virgin is lying on her back being bonked by him. After appropriate boggling (yes! I do know that is what AAF etc do) I reloaded the previous save with a note to be more careful when I talk to strange men as mother always told me. I decided to then make a slut female char based upon a teenage preset but am uncertain about being extremely submissive. So, what is the best level of dom/sub for such a whore? I want it all to be from her her choice and I do not want her treated like trash as are most sluts (quote: "If she will bonk trash like me, she has to be worse than me "etc.) so, I guess another dominant. I and my wife are both dominants and the relationship can only be described as an eternal war and neither of us would ever change it despite the recurrent flak storms (one currently running now on day 6) Last questions 1) Is there a GOOD alternate start for F4 as I am so bored with the usual one? How about this? Added: Start Me Up - Alternate Start and Dialogue Overhaul at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) This seems preferable IMO. 2) Is there a good prettier face change for unique NPCs? I have the prettier settler and raider leader ones. I will use both of these initially, Added: Neon's NPC Overhaul at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) and then ? Beauty-NPC at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) 3) any mod that creates CLEAN raiders? Added: Raiders Are Not Normal at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com) No idea how to use this yet but it is a start. I ask about 3) I because all of us have often spent 30+ days in the wilderness (hot/cold/snow/desert/mountain/forest etc) carrying everything in a pack and while our clothing at the end could walk away by itself so bad was the smell (if it was a dry area and not much water, or simply too cold to wash clothing) but we were still relatively clean and it is amazing how little water is actually required for a tent wash. Medieval pre soap world i can understand filth but not in the fallout world. Some of the raider females are so filthy only a fool would let them near him/her. You can almost hear the flies and smell the trichomonas or worse. AND FINALLY!....*drumroll*............ He has LOST his underpants...well mostly...one settler was bonked with him fully dressed (is there a hotkey?) but 2/3 aint bad! (RIP MeatLoaf)...It just fixed itself as I did NOTHING! Edited February 15, 2022 by Will55
Will55 Posted February 15, 2022 Posted February 15, 2022 8 hours ago, vaultbait said: Commonwealth Captives Be aware that it doesn't necessarily place captives in Concord, it just has a (configurable) chance to add captives wherever sentient enemies appear. The next time you play, there may be none in Concord, or there may suddenly be some there when you return (assuming you haven't cleared out those raiders yet). I agree, though, it's especially useful at low levels to have a small army of former captives backing you up, especially if you find them some clothes and gear (or maybe even if you don't!). Ahh Thank you! I already have it and when I scouted Concord there were none there. So, I will return later. I ALWAYS now avoid the Minutemen and the main questline until I have finished Nuka world as it simply prevents Preston and other problems.
rypley Posted February 15, 2022 Posted February 15, 2022 On 2/13/2022 at 4:03 PM, vaultbait said: Assuming you're talking about Rogg No-Strip Items Manager, that really shouldn't be causing crashes either. Odds are its removal caused some butterfly effect which has resulted in whatever your actual cause of crashes was to no longer trigger them. Odds are you're not using Buffout 4 or have it installed incorrectly so that it's not actually loading. If you don't have any crash-*.log or Buffout4.log files, look in your f4se.log and see if there are errors related to loading Buffout4.dll (and if there are errors about that, it's probably due to not being able to find its dependencies, make sure all of those are installed correctly). It is indeed Rodd No-Strip, Buffout4 is installed it generates a txt file in my F4se folder. The logs etc.... I don't know how to read them, I am of the age that I have the ability to understand this kind of thing that I have and that's it. If I evaluate the benefit / risk of using this mod I can do without it if it allows me to play quietly. And if it's due to chance, well I would say: cool.
vaultbait Posted February 15, 2022 Posted February 15, 2022 10 hours ago, Will55 said: Is there a GOOD alternate start for F4 as I am so bored with the usual one? I'm partial to DLYH as it gives you a bit of a starter quest, though it doesn't remove the initial game sequence, you'd just engage it after exiting Vault 111 or in conjunction with something like Start Me Up (which you already found). 10 hours ago, Will55 said: any mod that creates CLEAN raiders? I can't suggest any specific implementations since I personally enjoy the filth, and use mods like Get Dirty and Dirty Sex in my playthroughs, but the vanilla dirt on raiders is pretty easily removed without a mod... it's just a separate set of body and face textures. For example, take a look in Data\Textures\Actors\Character\BaseHumanFemale and you'll see there's two almost identically-named sets of images. If you replace the ones with "dirty" in their names with the similarly-named images that don't have "dirty" in them, then female raiders (and any other races which use the "dirty" human textures) will have the same clean ones that the player and settlers/citizens use instead.
vaultbait Posted February 15, 2022 Posted February 15, 2022 5 hours ago, rypley said: It is indeed Rodd No-Strip, Buffout4 is installed it generates a txt file in my F4se folder. The logs etc.... I don't know how to read them, I am of the age that I have the ability to understand this kind of thing that I have and that's it. If I evaluate the benefit / risk of using this mod I can do without it if it allows me to play quietly. And if it's due to chance, well I would say: cool. There's the Crash Log Auto Scanner if you're trying to make sense of the crash logs Buffout 4 generates.
Will55 Posted February 16, 2022 Posted February 16, 2022 12 hours ago, vaultbait said: I'm partial to DLYH as it gives you a bit of a starter quest, though it doesn't remove the initial game sequence, you'd just engage it after exiting Vault 111 or in conjunction with something like Start Me Up (which you already found). Thank you! I have DL'd it but will put it on ice as I used the one above already, 12 hours ago, vaultbait said: I can't suggest any specific implementations since I personally enjoy the filth, and use mods like Get Dirty and Dirty Sex in my playthroughs, but the vanilla dirt on raiders is pretty easily removed without a mod... it's just a separate set of body and face textures. For example, take a look in Data\Textures\Actors\Character\BaseHumanFemale and you'll see there's two almost identically-named sets of images. If you replace the ones with "dirty" in their names with the similarly-named images that don't have "dirty" in them, then female raiders (and any other races which use the "dirty" human textures) will have the same clean ones that the player and settlers/citizens use instead. Again! Thank you. In using the mod above I had already worked this out that it was that simple. The dirt itself has NPs for me but the RL smells it brings back to my memory are what puts me off such as most people are totally unaware of how much others can absolutely stink and that certainly damps down ardour I can tell you. (Once we could not use the room for a week and the wing for 2 days and that is the absolute truth although I cannot give the detail) Last question ?: is there any enemy highlight mod that does not cause CTDs? I had one before that was stable cannot find it anywhere and the current Nexus poor excuses for such are so unstable. NPs if no idea.
theradiomachete Posted February 17, 2022 Posted February 17, 2022 (edited) hi, just getting into adult FO4 modding i have a fair amount of experience in modding animations into skyrim (as a user, i cant code for shit even if my life depended on it) with the new SLAL functionality and going back to before it was introduced that said what the actual fuck do i do with animation rig files i have a sneaking suspicion i might REALLY need to install them, as without em, all sorts of fuckery are likely to occour, what i'm asking specifically is, what am i supposed to do with the .MAX and .TXT files related to, for example, the LxZ Autobounce? is there a folder i'm supposed to drop em into? i'm using the latest version of MO2, and if needed i can drop the files into the virtual folder that is required for it to function, i just need that one bit of direction thanks in advance Edited February 17, 2022 by theradiomachete accidental quote, new user, learning interface
Indarello Posted February 17, 2022 Posted February 17, 2022 2 hours ago, theradiomachete said: hi, just getting into adult FO4 modding i have a fair amount of experience in modding animations into skyrim (as a user, i cant code for shit even if my life depended on it) with the new SLAL functionality and going back to before it was introduced that said what the actual fuck do i do with animation rig files i have a sneaking suspicion i might REALLY need to install them, as without em, all sorts of fuckery are likely to occour, what i'm asking specifically is, what am i supposed to do with the .MAX and .TXT files related to, for example, the LxZ Autobounce? is there a folder i'm supposed to drop em into? i'm using the latest version of MO2, and if needed i can drop the files into the virtual folder that is required for it to function, i just need that one bit of direction thanks in advance You load them into 3ds max then creating new animations then posting them in downloads here 1
Saya Scarlett Posted February 17, 2022 Author Posted February 17, 2022 4 hours ago, theradiomachete said: hi, just getting into adult FO4 modding i have a fair amount of experience in modding animations into skyrim (as a user, i cant code for shit even if my life depended on it) with the new SLAL functionality and going back to before it was introduced that said what the actual fuck do i do with animation rig files i have a sneaking suspicion i might REALLY need to install them, as without em, all sorts of fuckery are likely to occour, what i'm asking specifically is, what am i supposed to do with the .MAX and .TXT files related to, for example, the LxZ Autobounce? is there a folder i'm supposed to drop em into? i'm using the latest version of MO2, and if needed i can drop the files into the virtual folder that is required for it to function, i just need that one bit of direction thanks in advance Might as well drop by the AAF Discord where the AAF Author, patch makers and even animators are at. Gonna get a lot more 'bunk for your buck' than in here. 1
theradiomachete Posted February 17, 2022 Posted February 17, 2022 7 hours ago, Indarello said: You load them into 3ds max then creating new animations then posting them in downloads here aaaah! i get ya so i didnt need that shit afterall good to know, thanks man
paparebbe Posted February 17, 2022 Posted February 17, 2022 Hi! I've followed step by step, but still have a problem. ? Any ideas why game would crash upon me pressing on 'Mod config' option in pause menu?
vaultbait Posted February 18, 2022 Posted February 18, 2022 (edited) On 2/17/2022 at 10:15 PM, paparebbe said: Hi! I've followed step by step, but still have a problem. ? Any ideas why game would crash upon me pressing on 'Mod config' option in pause menu? There are so many potential causes of crashes, and Buffout 4 patches a lot of the more common ones. If you're using Buffout 4 already (or at least think you are), double-check the f4se.log to make sure the DLL for Buffout 4 is loading successfully. Edit: I should have also mentioned, if Buffout 4 is loading correctly, you should be finding crash logs recorded to disk from each time the game crashes, which will contain important details about what was going on at the time it happened and often even indicates the cause. Edited February 19, 2022 by vaultbait 1
Recommended Posts
Posted by DoctaSax,
Reputation Points
Go to this post
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now