[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

18 minutes ago, AndyMan1 said:

moddingham.com is down, AAF link dead

Yes, also noted roughly 4 hours ago in the #aaf_help_sfw Discord channel, the admins seem to be aware and trying to resolve it.

1 hour ago, AndyMan1 said:

moddingham.com is down, AAF link dead

down.jpg

It's not just me then, I was worried it was a problem on my side since my router went on and off yesterday and I got a hard time reaching some websites.

Do you also get error code "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"?

Please join the AAF discord if you need *to get help with your install.  AAF today, it is currently mirrored in our #tools channel.  The discord invite link is in the guide on the first page.

Edit: Moddingham came back up a few hours ago so I changed my post ;)

Edited by Sgt. Marge
6 hours ago, LS477 said:

It's not just me then, I was worried it was a problem on my side since my router went on and off yesterday and I got a hard time reaching some websites.

Do you also get error code "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"?

I do , but I was lucky I got the  download 30mins before the site went down.

18 minutes ago, Voidson22222 said:

I followed the guide to the letter and updated everything, but AAF gets stuck at 30% while loading, does anyone know how to fix this?

Yes, run AAF_GFV.exe from Moddingham (or from #tools in the AAF Discord until Moddingham comes back online) and see if it reports any problems with your AAF installation. If that doesn't give you any clues, uninstall all your animation packs and animation patches, then put back only the exact versions of ones this manual says to use. If it still won't load, turn on AAF's debug logging and see if it provides you with an explanation.

Or ask for help in the AAF Discord like the very beginning of the manual tells you. Since you're asking here, that's at least one way you haven't "followed the guide to the letter," so there's probably more things you've overlooked in it (understandable, it's thorough but the eyes can get tired of reading).

17 hours ago, mircislav said:

No, you do not followed it to the letter - you missed (or messed) something... this guide is valid 100% and will get you a happy FO4 gaming.

1. Is there a way to trick a xml to putting different actors in the position of dom/sub?
  2. Those the xml itself decide who goes where then AAF does second?
    Cause I noticed with the wizard you can do just that.
4 hours ago, sunhawken said:

Is there a way to trick

The author of the mod(s) can help you better with that, but with my poor knowledge, by editing the xml or tags. But, as vaultbait wrote - AAF Discord is where you can get better help. 

Edited by mircislav
typo
23 hours ago, lilgroot said:

fucked up and D0pe

No it's not - if you are not satisfied with mod tech support, don't play it. Mods on this site are free and no one is obligated to always answer or solve your problems... you'll have to make better use of your eyes and grey cells.

7 hours ago, mircislav said:

No it's not - if you are not satisfied with mod tech support, don't play it. Mods on this site are free and no one is obligated to always answer or solve your problems... you'll have to make better use of your eyes and grey cells.

Hmm I read that sentence a few times yesterday and I got a different meaning from it.  Let's break it down real quick because maybe I'm mistaken?

image.png.68ca82c9c34b2fe5e487ab3feb09c08d.png

Indicates excitement, note the extra capital S as a mode of extra excitement.

image.png.cd4d88fa298cdb5a881fa62048b8c591.png

This one took me 4 tries to parse, I'll be honest.  But my logical conclusion is that the base word they are using is "Fire", a.k.a. ? alternate word "lit".  My research suggests this is positive reinforcement.

image.png.d1e3c45b2497838b5654d75a91c03cf2.png

I take this to mean something like:  I've tried other mods that didn't work and I can't believe I found one that did.

image.png.71b777ec8283ed99556fc65ef0d601fc.png

I have seen people say something was "fucked up" before, but it wasn't because they hated it.  Example:  "Hey did you see that movie?  It was so fucked up I loved it!"

And of course dope which is synonymous with drugs.  Perhaps the reason people use the word dope is that they are saying, Hey this was so good it felt like being on drugs.

image.png.628a899d10050cc00d5e6f390dcc3a7d.png

This seems like a genuine appreciation and gratitude.

image.png.d5de2bc37e3000c9531d503b4b1942b8.png

This is the only part I've been unable to fully crack.  However, the term "gotchu" does translate to "got you" as in, "I got you" or "I get it".

In conclusion, it appears that this person is having a good time and I hope that my good natured break down does not prove to be inflammatory for anyone.

Cheers

7 hours ago, mircislav said:

I think that post was meant to be a compliment, but I had to re-read it several times to come to that realization. Trying to put it through my slang filter:

"YESS you updated it and its FYAHHH" I think the author is saying the updated guide is "on fire" which is somehow a positive thing (I wouldn't personally want to be on fire, that sounds painful, but it's often used to convey that something is intense or significant/notable in some way).

"why is this like actually genuinelly a good fucking mod like the whole aaf" Unfortunately the "why" makes this look like a question but I'm not certain it was intended as one, and was instead trying to say that the guide and AAF are "good." Part of the trouble with parsing this, though, is the lack of punctuation, which makes it hard to know whether "like the whole AAF" was meant as a comparison to "a good fucking mod," or whether it's supposed to be the beginning of the next bit.

"like its fucked up and D0pe" Somehow it seems that "fucked up" has grown a positive connotation of some sort? Assuming "d0pe" was a crude attempt at working around a keyword filter here, replacing the letter o with a zero, the original word has been a positive thing for years already (I guess because it's fun to smoke), so the "and" makes me think "fucked up" must be good in similar ways (like how you might intentionally get fucked up by smoking it).

"thanks for the awesome guide" This much is straightforward English, at least.

"gotchu on years ked" This last bit seems to mean "I'm older than you" but I have no idea how it fits with the rest of the post.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Trying to put it through my slang filter

Well than, maybe it's time for some Star Trek mood - if someone can implement universal (slang) translator on LL, it would be great. Not all are familiar with such sophisticated expressions.

Edited by mircislav
just a small brain damage...
6 hours ago, RenFL2 said:

Anyone know where to get BodyTalk Looksmenu sliders esp? Installed the latest bodytalk3 version, overwriting my previous install, and now I'm missing BodyTalk3-LooksMenu.esp

The mod author made a design choice to split Bodygen and Looksmenu Sliders for both BodyTalk and FusionGirl into a seperate mod that must be installed, called ZBG - ZeX BodyGen & LooksMenu Morphs 1.0

Could you tell me which animation packs, gang-bangs or threesomes for both sexes, would be in or where to find them?

I believe I have all of animations that are listed here, but I can't ever seem to add those extra partners.  I know I used to have the animations, because my companions used to love to tear me up!

Thanks for your help!

Fallout4 2022-07-08 19-55-42-644.jpg

Fallout4 2022-07-08 10-22-52-701.jpg

4 hours ago, dwharper34 said:

Could you tell me which animation packs, gang-bangs or threesomes for both sexes, would be in or where to find them?

I believe I have all of animations that are listed here, but I can't ever seem to add those extra partners.  I know I used to have the animations, because my companions used to love to tear me up!

Thanks for your help!

This might be more of a problem with how you have your Sex Harassment settings.  Who do you have enabled as Harassers? 

I have male, female, humans, companions, minutemen and settlers enabled. This was not the only mod I am having trouble with. Sex-em-up asks if you want to pick someone to join you, and after you use the hotkey on someone else. it will say threesome starting or something like that, but nothing ever happens. I tried dangerous nights and I choose gang-bang and when the animation starts, you end up on a black, endless loading screen. Since I upgraded to this guide. I have never had more than two characters involved. So it seems nothing is working with threesomes or gang-bangs. That's why I asked.

8 minutes ago, dwharper34 said:

I have male, female, humans, companions, minutemen and settlers enabled. This was not the only mod I am having trouble with. Sex-em-up asks if you want to pick someone to join you, and after you use the hotkey on someone else. it will say threesome starting or something like that, but nothing ever happens. I tried dangerous nights and I choose gang-bang and when the animation starts, you end up on a black, endless loading screen. Since I upgraded to this guide. I have never had more than two characters involved. So it seems nothing is working with threesomes or gang-bangs. That's why I asked.

OK now we're getting somewhere.  Basically your AAF doesn't work.  You'll need to join the discord so that we can help you troubleshoot that as it can be an involved process.  You'll find the invite link on the first page of the guide.

They don't like me there, because I use Nexus Mod Manager Community, which works great now. They confuse it with the old Nexus Mod Manager, which deserves most of it's bad reputation. I found my problem within the day and it had nothing to do with NMM. They don't seem to understand, that with the community version, Nexus hired a proven individual to run the project, not sure of his name or accomplishments though. I think it was another mod manager. They started it new, with the appearance the only thing unchanged. I'm on version 0.83.6 now and they keep upgrading and improving it.

AAF seems to be working fine for me, except for this. I basically did a clean install of Fallout 4 and updated everything for AAF, installing them one at a time, according to this guide. then running the game to see if they worked. I'm just trying to catch up.

Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, dwharper34 said:

They don't like me there, because I use Nexus Mod Manager Community, which works great now. They confuse it with the old Nexus Mod Manager, which deserves most of it's bad reputation. I found my problem within the day and it had nothing to do with NMM. They don't seem to understand, that with the community version, Nexus hired a proven individual to run the project, not sure of his name or accomplishments though. I think it was another mod manager. They started it new, with the appearance the only thing unchanged. I'm on version 0.83.6 now and they keep upgrading and improving it.

AAF seems to be working fine for me, except for this. I basically did a clean install of Fallout 4 and updated everything for AAF, installing them one at a time, according to this guide. then running the game to see if they worked. I'm just trying to catch up.

Thanks for your help!

I understand that mod manager choice can be a very personal thing.  But please note that the folks running the AAF discord are under no confusion about NMM vs NMM community.  This is precisely why we avoid supporting either and only support Vortex or Mod Organizer.  :)

I'm glad you have a tool that you enjoy using and I wish you luck with it.

So after a good while of this just not working AT ALL I finally got it all up and running. I wanted to figure it out all on my own and I'm glad I did. I installed AAF on a heavily modded save with 500+ hours and mind you AFTER I had done the following:

1.) upgraded my OS from windows 7 home premium to windows 7 ultimate, which I knew walking into it that changing my OS was gonna fuck everything 9 ways to sunday. 

2.) Switching from Vortex back to MO2. I pretty much had to reinstall each and every mod anyway and this was actually easier with MO2 than vortex, so changing my OS pretty much opened the opportunity for me to do so. I wanted to switch back anyways bc vortex is shit in general and when it comes to manually sorting plugins it can be downright retarded. Making a rule for plugin A to load before plugin B should absolutely not move plugin B to where plugin A was and fuck 50 other mods they were both supposed to load before in the first place, thus completely defeating the shitt outta the whole purpose of making the rule.  

1 hour ago, maskedman48 said:

Making a rule for plugin A to load before plugin B should absolutely not move plugin B to where plugin A was and fuck 50 other mods they were both supposed to load before in the first place, thus completely defeating the shitt outta the whole purpose of making the rule.

Not to be a Vortex apologist (it does indeed have some things it's not great at), the only reason that should have happened is if you didn't have any policies in place--either rules or plugin groups--to specify those other relationships. If you didn't, that was a ticking time bomb because if you uninstalled one of those mods briefly and then installed it again, the relative position of its plugins in your load order would likely have changed anyway.

If you don't mind getting very specific about relationships between plugins (other than things which can be automatically inferred from plugin masters or LOOT), you can manage a large set of mods in Vortex. I've been using it for several years, have over 350 enabled plugins with more than 500 installed mods, and it works like it's supposed to for me.