[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

11 hours ago, NotoriousTree999 said:

anyone having problems with uap staging and the edge meter only working on leito and bp70 animations? cant get the meter or the uap staging to work on the other animations besides those two.

The edge feature isn't fully implemented right now, I don't know of anything currently taking advantage of it. 

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (9/May/2022)

Just dropping in to say thanks for this, it's a wonderfully helpful guide! ?

E: One question, though...

• Load Accelerator [Its main use-case is build into Buffout, so those two conflict on a low (what is bad) level. Both handle VSync by default to accelerate load times.]

Is this disabled by default? LA seems to have a very noticeable effect, whereas I've not really seen such with Buffout.

Edited by WesterlyIsh
27 minutes ago, WesterlyIsh said:

Just dropping in to say thanks for this, it's a wonderfully helpful guide! ?

E: One question, though...

Is this disabled by default? LA seems to have a very noticeable effect, whereas I've not really seen such with Buffout.

Hi,

It is more important to use buffout, and not try and use Load Accelerator at all with a NSFW loadout as Buffout prevents some common crashes and can give you a great insight if you do have a CTD in the future.  Instead of LA, try High FPS Physics Fix as it also has a loading time reduction built in.  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44798

4 minutes ago, WesterlyIsh said:

I've seen that mod, can't remember why I didn't add it to my LO... But I do use Buffout with Load Accelerator together, and haven't experienced any issues between the two?

I certainly can't give you a specific technical answer, but the guide is essentially saying it's counterproductive to have them both at the same time.  Obviously it's not a world breaking problem if you are already running them both together.  If you still want a better explanation, feel free to join the AAF discord. 

Personally, I would err on the side of caution in these types of cases.  If a guide that's been used by thousands of people is telling me to avoid a mod, it's probably for a good reason.  In this case, it's a duplication of effort, and the takeaway is that Buffout is the preferred method of handling VSync to accelerate load times.  I use the High FPS fix as recommended by another moderator from the AAF Discord and I trust their knowledge of the subject.  Works fine for me.

As for any problems that could arise by using both LA + Buffout, I've no idea other than it being logical to not try and use 2 different tools at the same time that have the same functionality.  Best case scenario is that 1 wins out over the other based on load order.  Worst case scenario is actually getting worse performance if they are competing.  But again, the AAF discord could likely clear that up, or if someone else that frequents this thread has the answer they can weigh in.

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Marge said:

I certainly can't give you a specific technical answer, but the guide is essentially saying it's counterproductive to have them both at the same time.  Obviously it's not a world breaking problem if you are already running them both together.  If you still want a better explanation, feel free to join the AAF discord. 

Personally, I would err on the side of caution in these types of cases.  If a guide that's been used by thousands of people is telling me to avoid a mod, it's probably for a good reason.  In this case, it's a duplication of effort, and the takeaway is that Buffout is the preferred method of handling VSync to accelerate load times.  I use the High FPS fix as recommended by another moderator from the AAF Discord and I trust their knowledge of the subject.  Works fine for me.

As for any problems that could arise by using both LA + Buffout, I've no idea other than it being logical to not try and use 2 different tools at the same time that have the same functionality.  Best case scenario is that 1 wins out over the other based on load order.  Worst case scenario is actually getting worse performance if they are competing.  But again, the AAF discord could likely clear that up, or if someone else that frequents this thread has the answer they can weigh in.

Ah, I see. Buffout just doesn't seem to affect loading screen times (E: on my end). Still, I'll switch over to to the FPS fix. Thanks!

Edited by WesterlyIsh
18 minutes ago, NotoriousTree999 said:

i wonder if there are any mods for alignment fixes for custom races. using the lupine one and the bj scenes are always off.

You'd probably have to figure out how to edit a bunch of XML files, or check the mods thread if it's on LL.

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (11/May/2022)

Hey. Why can't race customizer work with these mods? I'd love to see what how it works with these monsters.

Spoiler

Grill - Face.jpg

Actually, when trying race customizer with these mods I believe you get stretching to infinity from the crotch and breast areas. It didn't crash to desktop though so. 

Edited by Synel

Greetings.

I'd like to say many thanks to Saya for this guide and for many other knowledgeable folks sharing info/tips and tricks/troubleshooting within the thread.

I'd have a question myself.

(Unless I messed something up) is there a way that NPC's in the world may have randomly generated dimensions on their bodies, instead of defaulting to whatever bodytype I generated for the playable character? (or at the very least, that they may use from a pool of presets that are out there). I remember I could get that back when I was messing around with OG Skyrim modding way, way back in the day. Googling around does not seem to bring a clear answer on the topic.

I am using Fusion Girl, if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, Malukti said:

Greetings.

I'd like to say many thanks to Saya for this guide and for many other knowledgeable folks sharing info/tips and tricks/troubleshooting within the thread.

I'd have a question myself.

(Unless I messed something up) is there a way that NPC's in the world may have randomly generated dimensions on their bodies, instead of defaulting to whatever bodytype I generated for the playable character? (or at the very least, that they may use from a pool of presets that are out there). I remember I could get that back when I was messing around with OG Skyrim modding way, way back in the day. Googling around does not seem to bring a clear answer on the topic.

I am using Fusion Girl, if that makes a difference.
Thanks in advance.

It works. I am using it. It has introduced a stutter to my game, but only when it loads new NPC's in as you venture into new zones. Your experience may differ as stutters are system dependent. Hardware and screen resolution type situation. i game at 4K maximum settings on a system with a i7-8086K (top bin i7-8700K cpu) and a RTX3080 graphics card. My game is mostly solid at 62fps (I use ENBoost only with frame limiting enabled).

Edited by nIn nIn nIn
3 hours ago, nIn nIn nIn said:

It works. I am using it. It has introduced a stutter to my game, but only when it loads new NPC's in as you venture into new zones. Your experience may differ as stutters are system dependent. Hardware and screen resolution type situation. i game at 4K maximum settings on a system with a i7-8086K (top bin i7-8700K cpu) and a RTX3080 graphics card. My game is mostly solid at 62fps (I use ENBoost only with frame limiting enabled).

Thank you. I was using it too, however your post made me double back and realize what I was doing wrong, so there's that outta the way, there is randomization now.

My next problem seems to be related to the ini files of ZeX-ZBG, templates.ini and morphs.ini.
I can't seem able to make morphs.ini to use presets I've installed (like Radiation Queen Ultimate Bodyslide Presets, among others) by adding their names to All|Female|HumanRace= pool. (they show up listed in Bodyslide properly). Changes in morphs.ini only seem to work properly for default Fusion Girl templates (tested this by setting given NPC to such body [Fallout4.esm|45ACF=Fusion-Curvy]), but they don't work for any other non-default template.

Secondary issue, which I've tried as a workaround, I seem not able to make a new template in the file templates.ini. I copy pasted Fusion-Curvy line, just renamed it to Fusion-Curvy2 so I could edit that, yet it doesn't show within Bodyslide for me.

Anyone has any ideas for either of the issues? Would appreciate.

Isn't it possible to upload the folders with the files in them and then we download those files and copy-paste them inside our PC folders? Easier for the Guide creator as well, as he/she does not have to update the list, just re-upload the downloadable folders (which ever have undergone changes)

3 hours ago, Celestial2016 said:

Isn't it possible to upload the folders with the files in them and then we download those files and copy-paste them inside our PC folders? Easier for the Guide creator as well, as he/she does not have to update the list, just re-upload the downloadable folders (which ever have undergone changes)

Redistributing someone else's mods without their express permission is a significant violation of trust within the modding community. Tracking down the author of every mod included in the list and getting their permission to do that would also be a lot of work (and likely impossible as some of them have moved on from modding entirely).

On 5/14/2022 at 10:33 AM, Malukti said:

My next problem seems to be related to the ini files of ZeX-ZBG, templates.ini and morphs.ini.
I can't seem able to make morphs.ini to use presets I've installed (like Radiation Queen Ultimate Bodyslide Presets, among others) by adding their names to All|Female|HumanRace= pool. (they show up listed in Bodyslide properly). Changes in morphs.ini only seem to work properly for default Fusion Girl templates (tested this by setting given NPC to such body [Fallout4.esm|45ACF=Fusion-Curvy]), but they don't work for any other non-default template.

Secondary issue, which I've tried as a workaround, I seem not able to make a new template in the file templates.ini. I copy pasted Fusion-Curvy line, just renamed it to Fusion-Curvy2 so I could edit that, yet it doesn't show within Bodyslide for me.

BodySlide/Outfit Studio is an entirely different mod from LooksMenu (which is what provides BodyGen). BodyGen templates and BodySlide presets have nothing to do with one another. There may be a conversion tool somewhere I'm not aware of, but otherwise you're probably stuck manually transcribing the slider positions from your chosen BodySlide preset into a line in your BodyGen templates.ini file.

14 hours ago, Celestial2016 said:

As @vaultbait has already said, not remotely feasible, and if done without author permissions, would be considered theft of their work (and rightly so). In much the same way as other software releases, mods can and some do, ship with a specific permissions file/license, detailing what ways, if any, people can use those works, be it 'open' and freely released for anyone to take and do what they will, the more common 'no redistribution', and the similarly common 'no altering without express (written) permission'.
The more involved the mod, the more seriously an author tends to take their works permissions, especially if they have instances of people reuploading their work, particularly if they've claimed it as their own, or it was originally removed.

But on top of that, just scroll through the list of mods under the main ones in the Fucking Manual.
You really think one person, or even a handful of us, could download, install, and test, every different permutation of those mods for issues?
Even if we managed that, the XML (or more likely, C# for something that complex) FOMOD installer required would be of insane size and complexity.

It's something more feasible for/with something like Wabbajack, and a curated list, catering to a specific role/gameplay type, with certain mods, but even there, you'd need 3+ different lists, for even the most common permutations of NSFW mods.

The point I am making is that it could be a business opportunity. If for example I am making $20/hour and this list (for someone like me, who does not know much about modding) takes me 4hours to manage, then that is $20x4h = $80 that this costs me (i.e. I could be working instead of learning to mod). If therefore someone actually does manage to round up all the creators in one place and sets a cost of ex. $20 for a download, then I'd be happy to pay that amount as I'd gain $60 from that transaction. All creators could benefit too (the "more serious "modders can get a bigger piece of the pie). As per the size, one can simply upload the files (in proper directory order) that include those components that are part of the mods (not the entire game). The windows system will then automatically merge the ingredients per file.

Thanks for the replies btw. I have been using Sims 4 Wicked Whims for a while and that is another way this could be done (without causing modders/creators distress). They are making over 8K/month on Patreon. There are ways if someone puts his/her mind to it. And the market for Bethesda games is rather vast

16 minutes ago, Celestial2016 said:

The point I am making is that it could be a business opportunity. If for example I am making $20/hour and this list (for someone like me, who does not know much about modding) takes me 4hours to manage, then that is $20x4h = $80 that this costs me (i.e. I could be working instead of learning to mod). If therefore someone actually does manage to round up all the creators in one place and sets a cost of ex. $20 for a download, then I'd be happy to pay that amount as I'd gain $60 from that transaction. All creators could benefit too (the "more serious "modders can get a bigger piece of the pie). As per the size, one can simply upload the files (in proper directory order) that include those components that are part of the mods (not the entire game). The windows system will then automatically merge the ingredients per file.

Thanks for the replies btw. I have been using Sims 4 Wicked Whims for a while and that is another way this could be done (without causing modders/creators distress). They are making over 8K/month on Patreon. There are ways if someone puts his/her mind to it. And the market for Bethesda games is rather vast

I understand where you are coming from, but it's not feasible.

That assumes that the creators would agree to anyone making money directly from their mods.  Many do it because they want to and have no interest in money, and would not be happy if someone started monetizing their work.

I know of 1 mod creator that was recently asked if they have a patreon, and they have fairly popular mods here, and they said it wasn't something they would ever consider doing.  I know that isn't an uncommon feeling among authors. 

Once money starts permeating the ecosystem in a more predominant way such as this, you then have people demanding support because they paid.  Definitely something I would never want to see happen.

12 hours ago, Celestial2016 said:

Marge covered most of it, but another reason why involving money isn't a great idea;
Lets take Wicked Whims, for example.
Assuming that's $8kUSD/month, and not another currency.
~$96k/year.
Depending on the expected income/skill/salary, that's easily a two-person team, full-time.
They could just as easily, if not moreso, create their own game.
Hell, some people have gone and done precisely that.

There's plenty of money in NSFW games, if you can produce something which looks/seems to be decent quality

They would probably be better off making their own game based on what Wicked Whims does in the Sims, and going all out on that instead.
For instance, 'Training Space Station' (Has a steam page, can look at more content for it on 'rule34.xxx'), is doing just that.

Although I guess one of the main 'benefits' of sticking to the Sims, is A: known quantity, and B: can be 'massaged into' the game to make it seem more 'natural'/fitting.

Hey all, 

I'm about to pull my hair out, I can't get erections working with any animation. Tried both versions of Bodytalk posted, as well as atomic muscle, no dice. 

I have Looksmenu 1.6.18 installed. 

Any common solutions I should be looking into?

Thanks

Edit: No idea what the issue was, but I started from scratch and FOLLOWED EVERY SINGLE INSTRUCTION TO THE LETTER. It's working now. Thanks for the guide

I figure my load order must have been off

Edited by dc1199
Problem Solved
1 hour ago, dc1199 said:

with any animation

Which animation packs specifically? And are you using any animation patches (e.g. UAP)?

Also, you'll get far faster and more thorough answers in the help channels of the AAF Discord, like the disclaimer at the beginning of the manual indicates.