[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

20 minutes ago, Lisette11 said:

I got that but where on Earth am I supposed to place the Alternative end on that side? Above all the adult mods?

Start me up mod on the left side should go at a lower priority than AAF, meaning it should be placed physically "above" AAF on the list.

Note that the priority numbers mean that the higher the number, the later it loads.  Same concept for plugins.  What they are talking about is loading the plugin last.  So after pressing sort, you would right click the start me up plugin and choose send to > Bottom and it will jump to the bottom.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
  • Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (5/August/2022)
3 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

SavageCabbage has some.

Which mod is starting the animation, are you losing a combat situation when it happens?  If it's from AAF Violate, you may need to Turn Allow Female Aggressors in Gangbangs to Off:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.5ca48da03122089266d6894e7167236b.png

I think Violate did is a few times but the last one I knew of came from the Dangerous nights mod

10 minutes ago, riicky83 said:

I think Violate did is a few times but the last one I knew of came from the Dangerous nights mod

Dangerous nights will sadly pick animations that there is no solution for, which will either result in no animation being played with an error at the top left corner, or just whatever animation it can find that is a close match.  Example being multiple robot scenes as there is no animation that exists for it.  So you may get 3 robots (like protectron) spawning when you wake up and then get an error init 4 and then only the 1 on 1 animation plays.

If you need further troubleshooting I would say definitely give our discord a try.

1 hour ago, riicky83 said:

Is there a way to fix the camera during the scenes? The camera moves really slow and on some occasions the actors have moved away from where the action has started just to use a furniture somewhere nearish.

Yes, there is a way to increase the camera speed.  You'll need to edit the AAF_Settings.ini file.

The easy way to get to this file from Mod Organizer is to use the filter at the bottom and search for your AAF mod on the left side of Mod Organizer.  Hopefully you used the drop down when installing it to give it a nice name.  Once you find it, Right Click and choose Open in Explorer

Spoiler

image.png.4a0076ad0e7f889af3cf1197d5661132.png

You will see a few folders in here along with the actual plugin the mod uses..  Double click on the AAF folder

Right click on AAF_Settings.ini and choose Edit

Note:  Whenever you edit files when modding, I highly recommend Notepad ++.  You should already have this, because you must edit that xSE Preloader xml file with it as regular Windows Notepad does not save xml files with the proper formatting. https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/

Now you will need to find these 2 lines which you can see in the "Preferences" section.

image.png.83ae201fd7e9ea7d6fd0845e9f7b2e50.png

The default is 1.5 for each of these settings, which you have found is somewhat slow.  I had mine set to 3 but it seemed a little fast.  2 or 2.5 is palatable but you can certainly try a higher number if that's still too slow for you.  When you are finished editing the file, don't forget to save!

You probably don't want to mess with this ini file too much.  There are other things you can change if you want.  Particularly if you don't like the hotkeys, or one of them conflicts with something else that you can't change, this is also the file to change those in.  Note the URL that points to the creationkit website.  You'd want to only change the number corresponding to the hotkey on that website.  Another interesting setting you can try is ignore_animation_genders = True (but sometimes the results are a bit... quirky)

And the other notable setting is the default_scene_duration which defaults to 30 seconds.  I've got mine set to 100.

Cheers

Edited by Sgt. Marge
Changed the quote to spoiler
10 minutes ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Yes, there is a way to increase the camera speed.  You'll need to edit the AAF_Settings.ini file.

The easy way to get to this file from Mod Organizer is to use the filter at the bottom and search for your AAF mod on the left side of Mod Organizer.  Hopefully you used the drop down when installing it to give it a nice name.  Once you find it, Right Click and choose Open in Explorer

You will see a few folders in here along with the actual plugin the mod uses..  Double click on the AAF folder

Right click on AAF_Settings.ini and choose Edit

Note:  Whenever you edit files when modding, I highly recommend Notepad ++.  Hopefully you already have this, because you must edit that xSE Preloader xml file with it as regular Windows Notepad does not save xml files with the proper formatting. https://notepad-plus-plus.org/downloads/

Now you will need to find these 2 lines which you can see in the "Preferences" section.

image.png.83ae201fd7e9ea7d6fd0845e9f7b2e50.png

The default is 1.5 for each of these settings, which you have found is somewhat slow.  I had mine set to 3 but it seemed a little fast.  2 or 2.5 is palatable but you can certainly try a higher number if that's still too slow for you.  When you are finished editing the file, don't forget to save!

You probably don't want to mess with this ini file too much.  There are other things you can change if you want.  Particularly if you don't like the hotkeys, or one of them conflicts with something else that you can't change, this is also the file to change those in.  Note the URL that points to the creationkit website.  You'd want to only change the number corresponding to the hotkey on that website.  Another interesting setting you can try is ignore_animation_genders = True (but sometimes the results are a bit... quirky)

And the other notable setting is the default_scene_duration which defaults to 30 seconds.  I've got mine set to 100.

Cheers

Thanks. I'll give this a try.

Hey there, I have a little problem here after I thought I got all of this working.
So far I am testing if there is anything going wrong with this setup and for the first 9 hours or so it actually worked out just fine but occasionally a few options pop up in the lower left corner of the screen. (Check the attatched image)
It tells me about the scene that is currently playing and to toggle/switch stuff with the arrow keys, yet the keys don't do anything and the animation just keeps on playing until one of the actors that is not the player eventually exits the animation while the player character is just stuck on the floor.

Any idea what to do here?
I did not yet add any mods aside from AAF violate to quickly force some animations of all living things.

Fecking Menu.png

17 minutes ago, Chuckling_Chuck said:

Hey there, I have a little problem here after I thought I got all of this working.
So far I am testing if there is anything going wrong with this setup and for the first 9 hours or so it actually worked out just fine but occasionally a few options pop up in the lower left corner of the screen. (Check the attatched image)
It tells me about the scene that is currently playing and to toggle/switch stuff with the arrow keys, yet the keys don't do anything and the animation just keeps on playing until one of the actors that is not the player eventually exits the animation while the player character is just stuck on the floor.

Any idea what to do here?
I did not yet add any mods aside from AAF violate to quickly force some animations of all living things.

Fecking Menu.png

It sounds like you might have a couple issues then, if your character is also getting stuck after sex.  The "position tree" is the part of the UI you are seeing in the bottom left, and it only shows up for a few animations as part of the Ultimate AAF Patch (UAP) so that is why you are only seeing it sometimes.

The first issue to look at would be why the arrow keys aren't functioning for you.  Do you have dedicated arrow keys on a full sized 104 key keyboard?  Or are you using a compact keyboard or laptop?  If the latter, and arrow keys are tied into some other function, this can cause hotkeys to not function properly.  Most of the hotkeys can be changed in the AAF_Settings.ini file, but the position tree hotkeys I am not sure about. 

For the second problem, this could be a matter of your load order or the versions of mods you have.  My suggestion would be to swing by the AAF Discord for further troubleshooting on that issue.

Cheers

26 minutes ago, nminhhoang599 said:

Sir, I'm having trouble with my equipment. Everytimes I try to wear a helmet, I will recieve a message "i am not proficient with this thing and decide to leave it". Anyone can explain why it appear, please?

What kind of helmet are you putting on?  Are you playing Fallout 4?

This doesn't have anything to do with AAF but I'm wondering if you wandered into the wrong thread, or what?  :)

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (9/August/2022)

I can't for the life of me get breast physics to work during sex scenes. I've tried CBBE with CBP and Fusion Girl with OCBP and neither work. Sometimes there's a little jiggle but with most of the animations there's nothing at all. I have 4 animation packs installed.

Physics works fine when walking around but not during AAF. Please help!

33 minutes ago, ts123 said:

I can't for the life of me get breast physics to work during sex scenes. I've tried CBBE with CBP and Fusion Girl with OCBP and neither work. Sometimes there's a little jiggle but with most of the animations there's nothing at all. I have 4 animation packs installed.

Physics works fine when walking around but not during AAF. Please help!

Some animations don't have any physics sadly.

2 hours ago, Indarello said:

If you use scripted physics (cbp, ocbp, ocbpc...) That does not require physics from animation, you will have it always

Indarello, I've been told that AAF animations "disable" physics and only show what's been animated. Is that not true and is there a way to have breast physics in AAF animations? As I say, I've tried CBP and OCBP and they work fine all other times except in the AAF animations. Thanks for the help.

18 minutes ago, ts123 said:

Indarello, I've been told that AAF animations "disable" physics and only show what's been animated. Is that not true and is there a way to have breast physics in AAF animations? As I say, I've tried CBP and OCBP and they work fine all other times except in the AAF animations. Thanks for the help.

AAF animations don't disable physics.  If you have physics installed there will be some movement.  It's just not very prominent.  The version of CBP on the nexus is a bit outdated.  OCBP is the one you want to use and is recommended in the guide.  You may also want to add the MTM preset to have a little more control over the bounce.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
7 minutes ago, Sgt. Marge said:

AAF animations don't disable physics.  If you have physics installed there will be some movement.  It's just not very prominent.  The version of CBP on the nexus is a bit outdated.  OCBP is the one you want to use and is recommended in the guide.  You may also want to add the MTM preset to have a little more control over the bounce.

Gotcha, thanks. I was confused because some animations have a little bit but others there's no movement at all when there definitely should be, almost as if physics was turned off. Could anyone tell me why the physics is so pronounced in videos like these LINK LINK LINK and why I can't seem to get the same result?

4 hours ago, LukeDuke said:

I'm using OCBPC-0.3-ZeX4 with latest ZeX Skeleton v5 and no problems, but not all animations have animated body parts like balls.

Other body parts like butt moves a bit, depends on how fast animation is..

Technicaly you can add balls bones to physics configs

I've learned from some very helpful people in the community here that AAF animations don't use physics (or if they do, it's very subtle) and only show what the animator has animated. So if the animation doesn't include animated breasts, you won't see any physics even if you have physics installed. Does anyone have recommendations for animations/animation packs that have animated breast movement? Here's an example.

Every time this gets updated, I'm super excited to see what was changed, but can never figure it out.
Is there a way of seeing what got added/changed on edit? Or could I petition for a changelog mentioning edits at the bottom?

(If not, I think I'll start copying the full text, and diff-ing it against future edits so I can keep up.)

Also, a minor suggestion: Mention in the manual that we shouldn't use AAF Creature Resources, as it's already included in the Ultimate AAF Patch.

Edited by neokio
1 hour ago, neokio said:

Every time this gets updated, I'm super excited to see what was changed, but can never figure it out.
Is there a way of seeing what got added/changed on edit? Or could I petition for a changelog mentioning edits at the bottom?

(If not, I think I'll start copying the full text, and diff-ing it against future edits so I can keep up.)

I can tell you that a couple of the updates where because UAP has been getting updated, and also the SavageCabbage version of 1.2.8 can be used with UAP now and not have any adverse impact. 

As for changelogs, it was discussed a few pages back.  It's not something that is being planned to start doing as it's a bit of work.  LL makes keeping change logs take extra steps (because if you aren't careful you end up losing all your changes), and little things get changed that aren't worth tracking.  Using diff is a smart idea though if you want to keep an eye on the changes for yourself :)

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (12/August/2022)
14 hours ago, ted_bobb50 said:

Anyone else having trouble with the atomic muscle body not becoming erect during animations? I have the 1.6.18 version of looksmenu installed and can't seem to figure out anything else that may be causing the issue. 

Go to UAP discord, you will get all the help you need