[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

6 minutes ago, maddadicusrex said:

I did not handle the VS downloads correctly. I treated them as mods instead of PC installs. Sorted it all out..Thanks

Cool, thanks for following up! I was afraid I'd done something wrong which would come back to bite me and you'd already been there. ?

4 hours ago, psychoqwirk420 said:

Giving my opinion, PRP is great...but it has it's downfalls. Boston FPS Fix (with and/or without PRP patch) is great...but it has it's downfalls. I'm currently using CRP, which is great! However, (I'm sure you see where this is going) it has it's downfalls. The best thing I can advise you is that there is NO "one size fits all" mod of that category that will suite everyone. What works for me, may not work for VaultBait and what works for them, may not work for Sgt. Marge (sorry, I only picked on you two because you were the last ones to post before me, lol). My whole point would be to try them all out and see which one is going to work for you. I know that it sucks and it will take a LOT of time (well, it can anyhow), but I guarantee you, it will be worth it in the end...hopefully. That's a Bethesda game for you. I have almost 700 hours in Fallout 4 (which is pretty much child's play compared to a lot of other veteran players) and only recently discovered that CRP works the best for me and the way I choose to play. I'm not trying to discourage you in any way, shape or form. Just sharing my experience.

On a different note, I would also recommend this guide:

It has a LOT of great suggestions within and is constantly updated. Hope all that helps. As always, just giving my opinion that nobody asked for, lol

I havent heard of CRP so im going to check it out. And yes, im understanding that modding bathesda games is a never ending learning experience, im so glad that F4 is that much more stable than Syrim LE. Right now im sitting at 124 mods and since i posted i founded a better looking and less demanding ENB and also the god rays ultra fix, that has given my a great performance boost so i think im just going to play the game to get my first playthrough and after that get deeper with mods like Sim Sattlements, Quests, more LLmods and things like that. I am sure that either CRP,PRP, etc will be mandatory so then i will start the testing.

Thanks for the guide, i see it includes Fusion Girl as the female body that i avoided because it has less outfits and is more complicated to get running altough i know is better than CBBE and the outfits will get converted with time so really looking foward to have it in my next playthrough.

So far i been loving this game, thanks again for your help man, have a nice day

Edited by Dmcy45
8 hours ago, Dmcy45 said:

Fusion Girl as the female body that i avoided because it has less outfits and is more complicated to get running

If you want body physics with detailed breast movement, it's about the same number of mods needed to do it in FG vs CBBE, but there are probably more outfits converted for FG vs CBBE 3BBB these days. If you're looking for a specific clothing or armor pack, a lot of us are tracking the available options in a dedicated topic. Remember that FG doesn't need separate physics/3BBB conversions, because those have been built directly into the FG body for a long time.

19 hours ago, Dmcy45 said:

I havent heard of CRP so im going to check it out

Quick heads up about CRP (can't remember if I mentioned this), you won't find it on LL or Nexus. It's on a Discord server. Can't remember which one at the moment, I'd have to look when I get home. I believe it stands for Commonwealth Regrowth Project, if that helps when searching it up. It does it's own version of what PRP does (meaning it deals with it's own previs and precombines). PRP is probably more "general user friendly" because a lot of other mods and/or mod authors make patches to their mods using PRP. The mod author who does CRP doesn't really do that, I don't think. Again, I'm not trying to discourage you from using either or, just figured I'd say all that to hopefully cancel any confusion that I may or may not have caused, lol

29 minutes ago, danchik060 said:

Hi, can somebody please help me my game keeps crashing after 1 or 2 minutes of gameplay. Here's mod order.

This isn't really the place for troubleshooting crashes.  If you need help with that, please try the Fallout 4 Technical Support forum or feel free to join the LL or AAF discords if you'd rather not deal with waiting for forum replies.  In addition, you need to be running Buffout 4 and at least provide a crash log when making your report.

Of course, if you are specifically getting a crash at the crib sequence (Or loading into Diamond City, or using Start-me-up to skip to the cryo tube), that's a known issue.  In that case you should update to the latest Bodytalk and don't install the pre-built clothing.

Edited by Sgt. Marge

Hi Saya !

Thanks a lot for this guide, it saved me a lot of time, checking around and all. Pretty intimidating when you get into it for the first time. Everything works as good as it could !

I probabably would have given up halfway through without this comprehensive guide

If that helps: I had a crash with BodyTalk 3 enabled, always at the exact same spot: during pre-war, when taking the baby (right before the game tell you to interact with the toy)

Playing dora, so right when nate is suppose to spawn by the door.

I'm not sure exactly which of these step fixed it, but definitely one of the two:

- I used the first link rather than the 2nd (smaller file, with a version number - 3.15 - rather than the 2nd link with a release date instead of version number - june 2022 - and a bigger file size

- I did uncheck during install anything that was labelled as "blank" or "unfinished" (Vanilla clothes, nuka cola DLC clothes...)

Whichever it was of the these two steps that helped, that fixed it

24 minutes ago, APL3 said:

If that helps: I had a crash with BodyTalk 3 enabled, always at the exact same spot: during pre-war, when taking the baby (right before the game tell you to interact with the toy)

Playing dora, so right when nate is suppose to spawn by the door.

I'm not sure exactly which of these step fixed it, but definitely one of the two:

- I used the first link rather than the 2nd (smaller file, with a version number - 3.15 - rather than the 2nd link with a release date instead of version number - june 2022 - and a bigger file size

- I did uncheck during install anything that was labelled as "blank" or "unfinished" (Vanilla clothes, nuka cola DLC clothes...)

Whichever it was of the these two steps that helped, that fixed it

The BodyTalk crash issue is documented further on in that step of the guide.  The pre-built clothing in the latest versions (June/July2022) had problems.  The mod author has just release a new version today to hopefully resolve that crash bug.

There's no issue with using the 2021 version of BodyTalk if that works fine for you.  If you play as a male character, that version still includes the looksmenu sliders in game.  The newer versions have decoupled these sliders (as well as BodyGen)  into a separate mod called ZBG which we discussed a little a page or 2 ago.

Cheers

Spoiler

On 7/22/2022 at 1:27 PM, Dmcy45 said:

I havent heard of CRP so im going to check it out. And yes, im understanding that modding bathesda games is a never ending learning experience, im so glad that F4 is that much more stable than Syrim LE. Right now im sitting at 124 mods and since i posted i founded a better looking and less demanding ENB and also the god rays ultra fix, that has given my a great performance boost so i think im just going to play the game to get my first playthrough and after that get deeper with mods like Sim Sattlements, Quests, more LLmods and things like that. I am sure that either CRP,PRP, etc will be mandatory so then i will start the testing.

Thanks for the guide, i see it includes Fusion Girl as the female body that i avoided because it has less outfits and is more complicated to get running altough i know is better than CBBE and the outfits will get converted with time so really looking foward to have it in my next playthrough.

So far i been loving this game, thanks again for your help man, have a nice day

On 7/23/2022 at 8:34 AM, psychoqwirk420 said:

Quick heads up about CRP (can't remember if I mentioned this), you won't find it on LL or Nexus. It's on a Discord server. Can't remember which one at the moment, I'd have to look when I get home. I believe it stands for Commonwealth Regrowth Project, if that helps when searching it up. It does it's own version of what PRP does (meaning it deals with it's own previs and precombines). PRP is probably more "general user friendly" because a lot of other mods and/or mod authors make patches to their mods using PRP. The mod author who does CRP doesn't really do that, I don't think. Again, I'm not trying to discourage you from using either or, just figured I'd say all that to hopefully cancel any confusion that I may or may not have caused, lol

Quick FYI:

The Commonwealth Reclamation Project (CRP) is on ShadowOfTheWind's Discord, 'The Black Pearl'.

Not tried it myself, but certainly looks impressive from the screenshots, and he's one of the two most knowledgeable people (that I'm aware of) regarding PreVis and PreCombines, having spent a lot of time and frustration getting CRP working well, with rebuilt PreVis/PreCombines.

It's also quite a chonky download, 'cause of that ?

Hello there, I just completed a new build using this guide (my second go at it) and using MO2 and when I attempt to load the game in MO2, I receive the following pop-up error:

REL/Relocation.h(D0): failed to open: Data/FS4E/Plugins/version-1-10-163-0.bin

Anyone have an idea where I went wrong and/or how Im to resolve it????

Thanks

If I disable buffout 4 app I'm able to boot up the game and F4SE is working but the game crashes within seconds. I'm going to double check version #'s.

Edited by soileau
52 minutes ago, soileau said:

Hello there, I just completed a new build using this guide (my second go at it) and using MO2 and when I attempt to load the game in MO2, I receive the following pop-up error:

REL/Relocation.h(D0): failed to open: Data/FS4E/Plugins/version-1-10-163-0.bin

Anyone have an idea where I went wrong and/or how Im to resolve it????

Thanks

If I disable buffout 4 app I'm able to boot up the game and F4SE is working but the game crashes within seconds. I'm going to double check version #'s.

That error is because you don't have one of the requirements for Buffout installed.  Specifically, you need Address Library for F4SE plugins

You may want to also revisit the Buffout instructions to make sure you properly installed the xSE Preloader and only edit it with Notepad ++  (If you edited it with Windows Notepad, you should delete the xml, copy it again and edit it with Notepad ++)

• Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (25/July/2022)
On 7/22/2022 at 7:34 PM, psychoqwirk420 said:

Thanks for all the help, i will probably stick with PRP as im quite a noob in modding and would prefer the general user friendlyness but i will keep in mind that CRP could be the better solution

23 hours ago, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Quick FYI:

The Commonwealth Reclamation Project (CRP) is on ShadowOfTheWind's Discord, 'The Black Pearl'.

Not tried it myself, but certainly looks impressive from the screenshots, and he's one of the two most knowledgeable people (that I'm aware of) regarding PreVis and PreCombines, having spent a lot of time and frustration getting CRP working well, with rebuilt PreVis/PreCombines.

It's also quite a chonky download, 'cause of that ?

Nice to know, thank you

Here is a few more issue I ran into, and my workaround (just for documenting and whoever find it by googling, I'm satisfied with how things work now)

- I couldn't make outfit studio output to get accepted by Fallout 4. I think it's an issue with my mod manager overriding everything (my fault, I don't use a recommended mod manager, I'm just used to Vortex)

Symptoms (I know it's obvious to you guys but might help someone googling the symptoms) :  clipping issue with devices and clothes, huge unrealistic male genitalia breaking animation

> Workaround: made Outfit studio spit its file into an external directory, zipped it, and imported it back in vortex as a mod with top priority over everything else (= loading at the bottom). Also, I learned that male and female body have to be exported separatly (using group control), otherwise if you select for instance "Bodytalk Muscular", it will deselect stuff like "Fusiongirl Athletic".

- The UAP ( Ultimate AAF Patch) override sound file by other mod by dummy silent wav file. I guess somewhere in the install process it's supposed to import the actual sound files from the animation/ZAP/NSFW sound mod ? But for the life of me I couldn't get it to work as intended

Symptoms: no moaning and barely any FX during sex

> Workaround: I figured the less dirty way to do it is just to overwrite the UAP mod folder "sound/FX" subdirectory with anything from the "FX" folder of their original mod, respecting the path strucure. I guess it's what the mod install wanted to do in the first place ?

- Looking at the corpse from DD with restraints on it (the one located in between Sanctuary and Red Rocket workshop) from the 2nd time onward crashes the game (using DD 1.8RC and FG patch for DD 1.8RC)

Symptoms: can't stay too long or too close to the border of Sanctuary, can't travel by foot beween Sanctuary and the Red Rocket workbench

Workaround: Move as many settlers as possible from Sanctuary, never go around the area, never use Sanctuary or Red Rocket community, and fuck those minutemen NPC that won't move away (figuratively, I wouldn't want to fuck mama murphy)

- DD menu is buggy and won't display the "general" option in MCM

Workaround: select the buggy panel, quit to main menu, go back to mod option in MCM, and voila. Only part of the settings will be displayed but at least some options (difficult, hiding pip boy...) will be displayed and modifiable.

- Having a DD hand restrain "equipped" prevent using pipboy or interact with a workbench, so neither DD bench unlock nor keys are usable, effectively locking for permanently in DD.

Symptoms: A lot of fun, but eventually rolling back to previous save

Workaround: settings the various mod options so that you can't find yourself in a situation where the PC has to wear DD. Keep it for NPCs ! (I wish a was a Fallout 4 NPC.... wait, actually no not really)

Edited by APL3
1 hour ago, APL3 said:

Here is a few more issue I ran into, and my workaround (just for documenting and whoever find it by googling, I'm satisfied with how things work now)

- I couldn't make outfit studio output to get accepted by Fallout 4. I think it's an issue with my mod manager overriding everything (my fault, I don't use a recommended mod manager, I'm just used to Vortex)

Symptoms (I know it's obvious to you guys but might help someone googling the symptoms) :  clipping issue with devices and clothes, huge unrealistic male genitalia breaking animation

> Workaround: made Outfit studio spit its file into an external directory, zipped it, and imported it back in vortex as a mod with top priority over everything else (= loading at the bottom). Also, I learned that male and female body have to be exported separatly (using group control), otherwise if you select for instance "Bodytalk Muscular", it will deselect stuff like "Fusiongirl Athletic".

- The UAP ( Ultimate AAF Patch) override sound file by other mod by dummy silent wav file. I guess somewhere in the install process it's supposed to import the actual sound files from the animation/ZAP/NSFW sound mod ? But for the life of me I couldn't get it to work as intended

Symptoms: no moaning and barely any FX during sex

> Workaround: I figured the less dirty way to do it is just to overwrite the UAP mod folder "sound/FX" subdirectory with anything from the "FX" folder of their original mod, respecting the path strucure. I guess it's what the mod install wanted to do in the first place ?

- Looking at the corpse from DD with restraints on it (the one located in between Sanctuary and Red Rocket workshop) from the 2nd time onward crashes the game (using DD 1.8RC and FG patch for DD 1.8RC)

Symptoms: can't stay too long or too close to the border of Sanctuary, can't travel by foot beween Sanctuary and the Red Rocket workbench

Workaround: Move as many settlers as possible from Sanctuary, never go around the area, never use Sanctuary or Red Rocket community, and fuck those minutemen NPC that won't move away (figuratively, I wouldn't want to fuck mama murphy)

- DD menu is buggy and won't display the "general" option in MCM

Workaround: select the buggy panel, quit to main menu, go back to mod option in MCM, and voila. Only part of the settings will be displayed but at least some options (difficult, hiding pip boy...) will be displayed and modifiable.

- Having a DD hand restrain "equipped" prevent using pipboy or interact with a workbench, so neither DD bench unlock nor keys are usable, effectively locking for permanently in DD.

Symptoms: A lot of fun, but eventually rolling back to previous save

Workaround: settings the various mod options so that you can't find yourself in a situation where the PC has to wear DD. Keep it for NPCs ! (I wish a was a Fallout 4 NPC.... wait, actually no not really)

A lot of these sound like more severe problems with your game installation. I use most of the same mods you've mentioned with Vortex, and haven't run into them myself. You might want to take a closer look at your F4SE log, your Papyrus log, and any Buffout 4 crash logs in order to narrow down the cause(s).

Thanks for your answer. I got to a point where it works well enough for me, I'm fine living with whatever small quirk remain. Spent couple days getting to that point so I'm happy enough with the result and want to start playing.

Mostly, I leave it all there in written form in case someone running into the same issue as I did google that and want a quick fix.

On 7/24/2022 at 6:38 AM, Sgt. Marge said:

That error is because you don't have one of the requirements for Buffout installed.  Specifically, you need Address Library for F4SE plugins

You may want to also revisit the Buffout instructions to make sure you properly installed the xSE Preloader and only edit it with Notepad ++  (If you edited it with Windows Notepad, you should delete the xml, copy it again and edit it with Notepad ++)

Thank you, Sgt. Marge, you were exactly right. I missed the whole Buffout 4 setup completely.  I noticed that kind of thing happens more when I stay up all night attempting to mod a game but it's just so much damn fun, lol. Thanks again!!! 

4 minutes ago, APL3 said:

Mostly, I leave it all there in written form in case someone running into the same issue as I did google that and want a quick fix.

Hopefully they'll also see the replies from other users indicating that these issues are not normal, and take that as a prompt to reevaluate their setup for some more systemic root cause instead of applying the same band-aid workarounds.

Edited by vaultbait
4 hours ago, Niggaram said:

For whatever reason during a lot of animations the penis is not getting erect and cum overlays are not showing? I have "Wash out that cum" along with the required overlay mod.

1.  Make sure you have Looksmenu 1.6.18 (Ctrl+F on the looksmenu download page and search 1.6.18, it's in archive section)

2. Make sure you downloaded and installed the main cum overlay file and not just reduced glow.  Reduced glow is a feature patch.

New FO4 build using MO2 and all looks good so far except for the naked males. When they go into a animation and clothes come off their mid-section is all stretched like. Can't tell if its just the penis or part of the body too. Last one I tried the male was wearing his tool on his back. LOOT is reading all good. I'm using CBBE and Bodytalk. I reinstalled bodytalk but nothing changed. Any ideas??

36 minutes ago, soileau said:

New FO4 build using MO2 and all looks good so far except for the naked males. When they go into a animation and clothes come off their mid-section is all stretched like. Can't tell if its just the penis or part of the body too. Last one I tried the male was wearing his tool on his back. LOOT is reading all good. I'm using CBBE and Bodytalk. I reinstalled bodytalk but nothing changed. Any ideas??

image.png.6d9ef94097f7bd61504b4f51b48c2796.png

You lack a skeleton. I don't think BT comes with a Zex skeleton. So you need to install it additionally.

And ensure that it will not be covered by any other skeleton contained in mod

kziitd, THAT WAS IT, ZeX WAS BEING OVERRIDDEN

52 minutes ago, kziitd said:

image.png.6d9ef94097f7bd61504b4f51b48c2796.png

You lack a skeleton. I don't think BT comes with a Zex skeleton. So you need to install it additionally.

And ensure that it will not be covered by any other skeleton contained in mod

!!!! MADE MY DAY, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!