[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

49 minutes ago, Yeahrightiwill said:

Hello guys,

My apologies if this has already been asked/answered in the past, but I'm having little luck with having sounds work properly with these animations. I've tried installing Custom Moans/NSFW Sound pack. Is anyone else in the same boat ?

Thanks!

You should only use Custom Moans mod if you are using Hardship/Staged Leito
Otherwise, if using Mod Organizer make sure NSFW Sound Pack is loading after UAP
Also, check your in game audio settings:
Voice, Footsteps and Effects should be at maximum volume
If you've got all that, and still can't hear it, you may need to check your ini files.

* Some animations just don't have any sound
* Some animations might not have any moans

Edited by Sgt. Marge

I decided to switch to Fusion Girl to see if it was easier to wrangle than 3bbb. It is, but now my character seems broken in odd ways. For example, she's not visually expressive, just standing still during conversations, moving her face in robotic ways (that did not happen in vanilla/cbbe). Also, her hands are now permanently locked in a thumbs up shape. Even when petting Dogmeat, she does it with a closed fist (also did not happen with vanilla/cbbe). Did I do something wrong? I've got all the files from this guide loaded in the correct order, and I've checked that there's nothing overriding the FG body.

Also, the breasts are a LOT larger in game than I am building them to be in Bodyslide. The waist is a LOT smaller, and the shoulders are a LOT broader. Not sure what's going on. Again, I've verified nothing is overwriting my Bodyslide output.

Edited by delete1618
5 hours ago, delete1618 said:

I decided to switch to Fusion Girl to see if it was easier to wrangle than 3bbb. It is, but now my character seems broken in odd ways. For example, she's not visually expressive, just standing still during conversations, moving her face in robotic ways (that did not happen in vanilla/cbbe). Also, her hands are now permanently locked in a thumbs up shape. Even when petting Dogmeat, she does it with a closed fist (also did not happen with vanilla/cbbe). Did I do something wrong? I've got all the files from this guide loaded in the correct order, and I've checked that there's nothing overriding the FG body.

Also, the breasts are a LOT larger in game than I am building them to be in Bodyslide. The waist is a LOT smaller, and the shoulders are a LOT broader. Not sure what's going on. Again, I've verified nothing is overwriting my Bodyslide output.

When you make major (and sometimes minor) changes, you need to do it with a clean save/fresh start. There might be something in the save that causes problems. Something held over from previously that is messing things up. This may/may not be the issue (probably not) but it is one of the first things you do when you make changes to your setup when using complex sets of mods like the ones needed for AAF.

The best place to get this resolved. (likely will require several steps to get to the bottom of the issue then several more to resolve it) is at the Discord channel mentioned in the OP. Then follow the support personal instructions to a T. If you have any questions etc. with instructions given, ask. Make sure you understand the step then do it and report back the results.

Best of luck!

32 minutes ago, serhiodrubuzan said:

Tell me where to download AAF XML 1. 0. 3 ???

That file is on the skip list for a reason.  If you attempt to use it you are on your own with regards to support.

Everything needed to run AAF + Animations is listed in the guide on page 1.

The manual tells me to put AAF at the bottom, but it's listed as an esm on the right side of the screen in my MO2, and I can't get it any lower. I thought the sides should match? Also, where should non adult mods be put? I have been told not to use LOOT, so how to know where to put them?

1 hour ago, Lisette11 said:

The manual tells me to put AAF at the bottom, but it's listed as an esm on the right side of the screen in my MO2, and I can't get it any lower. I thought the sides should match? Also, where should non adult mods be put? I have been told not to use LOOT, so how to know where to put them?

No, both sides don't have to match.  The left side should look exactly like the guide.  AAF itself isn't all the way at the bottom, there is a screen shot you need to look at right below the huge red letters :)  The last mod in this load order is NSFW Soundpack.  AAF goes at the top of this grouping.  The reason this group of mods need the highest priority is because there are a few things that can interrupt the proper initialization of AAF or otherwise interfere with its operation.  So we need to make sure that nothing goes higher.  Anything that you download from the guide that isn't on that list, goes "above" AAF meaning it would take a lower priority.  Remember, the priority column is very important to learn.  Higher numbers load later.

As for the Right hand side, the Plugin side, you should just use the "sort" button there.  There is no other configuration needed, unless you have a mod where the author has specifically said to load their plugin last.  Nuka Ride is a good example of a mod like that.  The nuka ride plugin needs to load very high on the list (priority wise) which means it basically needs to load last.  So if you have 100 plugins, Nuka RIde needs to be priority 100.

To sum up:  The Left side of MO is for "Mod Priority" and the right side is for "Plugin Priority".  With the Left, you are able to sort through the conflict column to see what mod you want to take precedence over another mod.  For example, let's say you have 2 mods that modify textures.  One of them is an overhaul of everything, but the other one just changes the wood floor of a shack.  So you would load that wood floor mod after the overhaul on the left side so that its texture is the one you see in game. It's very possible that wood floor mod doesn't even have a plugin but is just 3 or 4 "loose files".  Not all mods have plugins.

Hopefully I have explained this in a way that makes it easier to grasp.  But if you still have a question there's also the AAF Discord, the link is in the guide.

You should watch GamerPoets tutorials on Mod Organizer for a better understanding.  Learning the mod manager is essential *especially* when adult modding is concerned.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
10 minutes ago, Sgt. Marge said:

No, both sides don't have to match.

I guess the rules are different than with Skyrim SE. I had the mods arranged as the picture shows, but then I pressed sort and that list being so different made me confused. Thank you for your quick reply! ? I tried to go to the discord but the messages there aren't readable and others are having the same issue, so it's not just me.

Any tips on how to arrange non-adult mods? 

Edited by Lisette11
37 minutes ago, Lisette11 said:

I guess the rules are different than with Skyrim SE. I had the mods arranged as the picture shows, but then I pressed sort and that list being so different made me confused. Thank you for your quick reply! ? I tried to go to the discord but the messages there aren't readable and others are having the same issue, so it's not just me.

Any tips on how to arrange non-adult mods? 

I don't remember reading that it was different in Skyrim.  I'm pretty sure it's the same as Fallout but it's been over a year since I modded Skyrim.

You are basically wanting to look at that conflict column when arranging your mods.  Like the example I gave in my post above.  As you download mods, be aware of what they are changing based on the mod description and support posts.  After you install and enable a mod, check that conflict column.  Click the mod and it will show you what other mods it is impacting based on what turns red or green.  Things below it will be green meaning those mods are "winning" a file conflict.  Mods above it that are red highlighted are "losing" a file conflict.  And you can click the to see more detail.  From there, you would just want to pay attention to which mod you want to have win the conflict and drag it or right click and set the priority accordingly.

Also, are you sure you went to the right discord?  The AAF discord is operating just fine.  You do have to agree to the rules before you can be allowed into the rest of the channels.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
1 hour ago, Sgt. Marge said:

I don't remember reading that it was different in Skyrim.

I was teaught to make them match as closely as possible, and so far I have not had any issues.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Also, are you sure you went to the right discord?

I went from the link in the guide, it asked my age, I clicked I'm am over 18,  and then it showed the page, but non of the texts were visible

image.png.20b13a95a90ebdf1124ad72c79d22473.png

But it's okay, I have no other issues I need help with. 

Edited by Lisette11
22 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

When you make major (and sometimes minor) changes, you need to do it with a clean save/fresh start. There might be something in the save that causes problems. Something held over from previously that is messing things up. This may/may not be the issue (probably not) but it is one of the first things you do when you make changes to your setup when using complex sets of mods like the ones needed for AAF.

Yes, however, I did start a new game.

2 hours ago, delete1618 said:

Yes, however, I did start a new game.

I just re-read your original post and I have never heard of that problem.  If it's still happening in a new game, it's time to figure out what mod is causing that.  It is not AAF itself but it could be one of the mods in the guide or something from the Nexus.  Sounds very very strange.

Suggestion:  Make a new profile in your mod manager, and only enable the most basic mods including Buffout, FG and Looksmenu.  Test it.  Maybe you can use SKK Fast Start if you want to skip the vault and just run straight to the Red Rocket.

If that test also fails, then maybe your game files are screwed up or you have a mod lingering in data from a previous install.  We have a tool on Moddingham called DCU that can reset Data back to the original condition.  You would also want to Verify your game in steam and possibly reinstall F4SE if you used the manual install method.

But if that test succeeds it points to a mod for sure.  You can then start enabling mods in groups and test in a new game each time to see if you can narrow it down.

You could also ask in the AAF discord, maybe someone has heard of that happening before.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:15 PM, Sgt. Marge said:

I just re-read your original post and I have never heard of that problem.  If it's still happening in a new game, it's time to figure out what mod is causing that.  It is not AAF itself but it could be one of the mods in the guide or something from the Nexus.  Sounds very very strange.

Yeah, I didn't think it was due to AAF. I just posted here because it's a general topic, not AAF-specific.

Turns out it was because of https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/49437. I'm really not sure how that would affect Bodyslide data, though.

Edited by delete1618
32 minutes ago, Lisette11 said:

Is there an alternate start mod that works with these and makes it so the PC isn't Shaun's parent? From role playing aspect it doesn't make since for a parent that just lost their spouse and have no idea where their son is to indulge in sex. 

Pretty sure Start Me Up does just that.

21 minutes ago, delete1618 said:

So check if there are conflicts.

But yes, it's fine.

Thank you very much. How does one check for conflicts? I Thought that the colors just tell that one mod overwrites parts of another, not that those can't work together. I'm a total noob at Fallout modding, I have only ever modded Skyrim before and there I went by mod descriptions and trial and error about which mods conflict. Also, in the description it says to put Start Me Up to the bottom of a load order, but here we are told to put the AAF at the very bottom of the list, so which do I obey? Sorry for my ineptitude.

1 hour ago, Lisette11 said:

Thank you very much. How does one check for conflicts? I Thought that the colors just tell that one mod overwrites parts of another, not that those can't work together. I'm a total noob at Fallout modding, I have only ever modded Skyrim before and there I went by mod descriptions and trial and error about which mods conflict. Also, in the description it says to put Start Me Up to the bottom of a load order, but here we are told to put the AAF at the very bottom of the list, so which do I obey? Sorry for my ineptitude.

You may find this tutorial helpful.  Gamerpoets has several great videos on how to mod these games.  Skyrim and Fallout when it comes to modding so if you see a video talking about Skyrim typically the principles can also be applied to Fallout.

Yes, the AAF mods need to load at the bottom.  But don't conflate mods and plugins.  Plugins have a separate sorting with the sort button.

1 minute ago, Sgt. Marge said:

Yes, the AAF mods need to load at the bottom.  But don't conflate mods and plugins.  Plugins have a separate sorting with the sort button.

So I put the starting mod at the bottom of the plugins? But where should it be put on the left side?

17 minutes ago, riicky83 said:

Which pack has the group animations? each time the NPC goes to do a 3+ scene, I just get a message saying NPC and NPC did X to PC.

SavageCabbage has some.

Which mod is starting the animation, are you losing a combat situation when it happens?  If it's from AAF Violate, you may need to Turn Allow Female Aggressors in Gangbangs to Off:

Spoiler

image.png.5ca48da03122089266d6894e7167236b.png

11 minutes ago, Lisette11 said:

So I put the starting mod at the bottom of the plugins? But where should it be put on the left side?

You don't need to manually do anything with the plugins.  Use the sort button after installing a mod.  If the mod author or support post directs you to place a plugin in a certain spot, it may be necessary to manually move it.  But otherwise, and especially for the purposes of the Adult Guide, just click sort :)

image.png.b757e5c7f75e2deeb584370dd29641c5.png

As for the mod load order, please refer to the image in the guide and follow that exactly.