[AAF] "The Fucking Manual" ~ Adult oriented setup guide 7th/April/2024).

I'm at a loss here. I've tried to do my own research and solve the problem, but I can't. Would greatly appreciate any assistance, even if it's just a point in the right direction.

So, I've used this guide (which is great by the way) practically to the "T". I have the recommended versions installed and all that good stuff, followed install instructions as if they were sacred script and I've made sure I don't install any files that counteract or conflict with each other. What I'm at a loss on is this. SOMETIMES with and without physics mods installed, after an AAF scene completes, my game crashes. It either happens RIGHT after it ends, or right as clothes are being applied. I run the Buffout crash log and automatic crash log reader and it says

Checking for Body Physics Crash...........CULPRIT FOUND!
> Priority Level: [4] | Detected number of cbp.dll | skeleton.nif :  2  |  13           (<--- These numbers sometimes change I think)

Now, even without ANY kind of physics mod installed (OCBP, OCBPC, CBP) I get this error. I've also used MTM's settings for the appropriate physics file. It happens again and I get the same error, except it just gives me the "skeleton.nif" as the issue. I know (or at least have a feeling) that's not the case. The most updated version of Zex is installed and I strictly use FusionGirl and Bodytalk (both latest versions along with the ZBG files) for ease of use and preference. I thought it was bad files somewhere, so I reinstalled all of my animations, skeletons, bodies, etc. and gave it a fresh reinstall. I even did a pure clean install as I was switching from Vortex to MO2 (best decision ever by the way). I believe I have my load order correctly sorted as I used the picture of the demonstration load order as my reference. I thought physics was my issue at first, but like I said before, I get this error without a physics mod installed (albeit it still tells me I have a bad skeleton file)

I'm at a loss. At this point, I HAVE to be overlooking something, but not sure what. I think I've given all the basic information I can think of? ANY assistance (even just a point in the right direction) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time

EDIT:

Just realized I should probably inquire on the AAF discord. Wasn't thinking, sorry...

Edited by psychoqwirk420
Updated Reply
2 hours ago, psychoqwirk420 said:

I'm at a loss here. I've tried to do my own research and solve the problem, but I can't. Would greatly appreciate any assistance, even if it's just a point in the right direction.

So, I've used this guide (which is great by the way) practically to the "T". I have the recommended versions installed and all that good stuff, followed install instructions as if they were sacred script and I've made sure I don't install any files that counteract or conflict with each other. What I'm at a loss on is this. SOMETIMES with and without physics mods installed, after an AAF scene completes, my game crashes. It either happens RIGHT after it ends, or right as clothes are being applied. I run the Buffout crash log and automatic crash log reader and it says

Checking for Body Physics Crash...........CULPRIT FOUND!
> Priority Level: [4] | Detected number of cbp.dll | skeleton.nif :  2  |  13           (<--- These numbers sometimes change I think)

Now, even without ANY kind of physics mod installed (OCBP, OCBPC, CBP) I get this error. I've also used MTM's settings for the appropriate physics file. It happens again and I get the same error, except it just gives me the "skeleton.nif" as the issue. I know (or at least have a feeling) that's not the case. The most updated version of Zex is installed and I strictly use FusionGirl and Bodytalk (both latest versions along with the ZBG files) for ease of use and preference. I thought it was bad files somewhere, so I reinstalled all of my animations, skeletons, bodies, etc. and gave it a fresh reinstall. I even did a pure clean install as I was switching from Vortex to MO2 (best decision ever by the way). I believe I have my load order correctly sorted as I used the picture of the demonstration load order as my reference. I thought physics was my issue at first, but like I said before, I get this error without a physics mod installed (albeit it still tells me I have a bad skeleton file)

I'm at a loss. At this point, I HAVE to be overlooking something, but not sure what. I think I've given all the basic information I can think of? ANY assistance (even just a point in the right direction) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time

EDIT:

Just realized I should probably inquire on the AAF discord. Wasn't thinking, sorry...

I can just give you a suggestion, if you have Classic Holstered Weapons it can cause this crash.  There's instructions in this guide to check and potentially fix. Ctrl+F Skeleton will find it if you hit the arrow once or twice on the filter.  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3115

If that doesn't help, we can surely discuss it in the AAF Discord if you want to hop on sometime.  It's probably not specifically AAF causing the crash but if it's happening during redress, My bet is on CHW or something else that is impacting clothing / weapons mods.

Edited by Sgt. Marge
9 hours ago, Sgt. Marge said:

I can just give you a suggestion, if you have Classic Holstered Weapons it can cause this crash.  There's instructions in this guide to check and potentially fix. Ctrl+F Skeleton will find it if you hit the arrow once or twice on the filter.  https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/311

Thanks for the reply. Yes, after work today I plan on seeking help on Discord. I do not have Classic Holstered Weapons as on the Buffout page it said it causes crashes due to skeleton issues. Therefore, I opted out of that mod

35 minutes ago, lukaokka said:

can i just only do the first step

Which "first step" do you mean? Reading everything carefully? Asking for help on the AAF Discord? Praying to our Todd and savior? Enabling modding? Installing F4SE? Something else?

Happy (also somewhat shammed) to report that I solved my issue without having to bother the hard at work moderators. Turns out I’m an idiot, lol. A.) I had Buffout installed twice (once manually and for some reason once through MO2 ??‍♂️) and B.) I did a reinstall of AAF and realized I chose “strip everything” as opposed to selecting “max compatibility”. Few tests in and so far, the problem has seemed to subside. Moral of the story…

READ THE FRIGGIN’ MANUAL! ?

Thanks to the moderators at AAF Discord. Even tho I didn’t specifically ask for help there, I browsed a bunch of conversations and it helped me down the path of realizing my idiocy ??

Just wanted to make a post to thank you for this guide, I can see the amount of effort that's gone into it and it really helped me get everything up and running with AAF. This is an invaluable tool for getting started, so thanks again.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:49 AM, Saya Scarlett said:

Load Accelerator [Its main use-case is build into Buffout, so those two conflict on a low (what is bad) level. Both handle VSync by default to accelerate load times.]

after reading that buffout handle Vsych i uninstalled "High FPS Physics Fix" but now my loading screen is back to 60 fps and 20+ sec

Edited by lee3310
4 hours ago, lee3310 said:

after reading that buffout handle Vsych i uninstalled "High FPS Physics Fix" but now my loading screen is back to 60 fps and 20+ sec

and as was mentioned in the Discord:

Those 2 have a whole different focus and are by design compatible to each other.

Quick question: Where the hell is UAP Moans? I've gone through everything in this guide, and I still don't have nor can I find UAP Moans. And it's annoying having to constantly click OK when I'm getting railed in-game XD

1 hour ago, NOxONE said:

Quick question: Where the hell is UAP Moans? I've gone through everything in this guide, and I still don't have nor can I find UAP Moans. And it's annoying having to constantly click OK when I'm getting railed in-game XD

I would assume it would be installed with the UAP mod. When installing that, it asks if you want (guessing here since I can't fully remember) Custom Moans, Silence or No installed Moans. I've personally had issues with the moans installed by UAP, so I don't use them in my load order. I can't say I've ever had to constantly click OK when railing in the game, so I can't help you there. Hope that at least sheds a little light on your question?

2 hours ago, psychoqwirk420 said:

I would assume it would be installed with the UAP mod. When installing that, it asks if you want (guessing here since I can't fully remember) Custom Moans, Silence or No installed Moans. I've personally had issues with the moans installed by UAP, so I don't use them in my load order. I can't say I've ever had to constantly click OK when railing in the game, so I can't help you there. Hope that at least sheds a little light on your question?

Thanks, turns out I simply didn't check the addons folder in the UAP mod. Thanks for pointing me at the mod, as I'd forgotten what the download's folder name was T_T

Thank you so much for this. I have recently re-installed and coming back to FO4 after many years and I was dreading the install and modding process. This is spectacular to find. Much love and appreciation to those who put it together and made it happen!

Ok, Ive literally tryed everything. My Home button doesn't work and I get an error 4 message everytime an animation goes to play, even though i have them all installed. Ive used the troubleshooting page and everything checks out. and yet it doesn't. what the hell am i doing wrong?

10 hours ago, SexyHeathen19 said:

Ok, Ive literally tryed everything. My Home button doesn't work and I get an error 4 message everytime an animation goes to play, even though i have them all installed. Ive used the troubleshooting page and everything checks out. and yet it doesn't. what the hell am i doing wrong?

If you've "literally tried everything" then that includes asking for assistance in the help channels of the AAF Discord like it says at the very beginning of this manual? You've run AAF_GFV.exe and it reports a 100% clean bill of health for your AAF installation? You've checked the debug log for errors which might provide some clue as to the problem? You've tried installing just F4SE, AAF, Themes, and a single animation/pose pack (with no animation patches) and you still can't make AAF work in a minimal configuration?

More information on what you actually tried, as well as the exact text of the error messages you're getting, would be the absolute minimum if you hope someone might be able to help you with it.

14 hours ago, vaultbait said:

If you've "literally tried everything" then that includes asking for assistance in the help channels of the AAF Discord like it says at the very beginning of this manual? You've run AAF_GFV.exe and it reports a 100% clean bill of health for your AAF installation? You've checked the debug log for errors which might provide some clue as to the problem? You've tried installing just F4SE, AAF, Themes, and a single animation/pose pack (with no animation patches) and you still can't make AAF work in a minimal configuration?

More information on what you actually tried, as well as the exact text of the error messages you're getting, would be the absolute minimum if you hope someone might be able to help you with it.

not long after this post, someone actually mentioned to me on another thread that I should check the dependencies for not just these mods but also the required mods for them to work. low and behold, one of the mods that was need for one of the other mods needed (Body talk) was out of date, so I went on a scavenger hunt to find the most modern version. once I got it, everything worked smoothly. I figured it wasn't this mod, because I had everything that was required turns out I was right.

Odd. When using BodyTalk plus berry mentats some NPCs turn invisible. Any advice? Different load order had no effect, rebuilt the BodySlide files (with morphs, 0% erection ...), didn't help.

Edit: Found it. Had to delete the whole BodySlide output and build it anew.

Edited by Grottenwicht
Update
  • Saya Scarlett changed the title to [AAF Fucking Manual] Up-To-Date Adult oriented setup guide (3/June/2022)

The damn song is so good :D But taking advantage of the crowds by companies is far more apparent for the game called Star Citizen (space game). The have raised over $300m (crowdfunding) and they still charge subs and other stuff. 7 years after and the game is still not ready. I mean geez...

Are there any player run brothel mods out there that actually work? I can't even find AAF prostitution anymore and it never worked well anyway. And the one brothel mod listed in the OP says it's broken as well. So I'm looking for a functioning player run brothel/prostitution mod. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I see Human Resources has a brothel aspect to it but I'm wary of the workshop mod it has as a hard requirement.

Edited by DbleMinded