Not sure how it might work in-game, but have you considered making the bindings for the race, include a bridle, and possible a bit? Similar to the muzzle in Yiffy Age, of course. Maybe even making a standalone item for it, at least for the bridle, though some might want the bit with it too.

Jeez, these are judgement calls and whichever way it goes, some people are going to be confused. Don't start a flame war over it in my thread.

I've been doing CBBE textures for my latest races. I'm happy to post Blaze's if he makes it. 

HDT tails are up as an option.

Bits and bridles, huh? They could be craftable equipment, I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

HDT tails are up as an option.

Well, once the race is out of alpha, I might switch over from my white tiger Khajiit, which is something I absolutely enjoy thoroughly, every race mod I've tried and I've liked the white tiger Khajiit the most.

But I'm thinking about switching once this race is out of the "still taking user suggestions" phase.

The facial morphs, dude, holy shit, you did a phenomenal job with those, the lip sync is amazing, honestly the best part of the race.

I love these. That Appaloosa looks like a devotee of Mediera and her undead-hunting minons. Hey, if you want to share that complexion I'll put it on a dirt slider.

It's great how in the first image of the stallion his hoof is curled exactly right. I spent a bunch of time on those bone weights and they're still not perfect, but good enough to go on with.

I loaded up RussianPrince's butthole on the guys to test it out. Simpler than the mechanism of making the pussy work. I think it works fine if you're into that. And if you're into horses, I guess you're into that.

Spoiler

Skyrim 3_2_2020 10_24_03 PM.png

Skyrim 3_2_2020 10_11_21 PM.png

Skyrim 3_2_2020 10_12_07 PM.png

8 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Hey, if you want to share that complexion I'll put it on a dirt slider.

It's a bunch of RaceMenu overlays, mostly freckles, stacked together so no complexion. Dirt slider wouldn't affect body or hands anyway which are also spotted for her as seen from my previous imagedump.

1 hour ago, lonelygrove said:

Does anyone else get the "Another time, perhaps." prompt when trying to recruit one of the NPCs?

Yeah, they actually can't be recruited. The recruitment lines are NPC-specific to the few vanilla hirelings (Jenassa, Marcurio and a few others) so they don't show up for the horse NPCs even if they have all the required factions for it.

The "you don't have enough gold" line is actually generic/lacks the specific NPC requirement so you do get the prompt and the line if you try to hire them when you don't have the gold (but obviously you can't recruit them because you don't have the gold).

I'll fix the voice types sometime. If you'll notice, the OP says either recruit them the normal way or use a follower mod that lets you recruit any NPC, which many do. 

I need to do what I did with the bird mod and set it so they're friendly enough to be recruited for free. The only actual female hireling is Janessa, I believe, and she's got a voice that's mostly just used for dark elves.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

I need to do what I did with the bird mod and set it so they're friendly enough to be recruited for free. The only actual female hireling is Janessa, I believe, and she's got a voice that's mostly just used for dark elves.

Could always just add a specific line to recruit them. The only hireling-specific line is the recruiting/hiring one (both the "normal" variant and the "already has follower"/"doesn't have enough gold" failure variants), all of the others are the generic follower ones so you would be able to use any follower-enabled voice on them.

You can reuse the same dialogue fragment script on different dialogue records if you add them manually in xEdit even if the CK doesn't let you do it, so if you reuse one of the vanilla hiring scripts, you wouldn't even need to pack your own. And the game includes a bunch of generic lines like "okay" or "here you go" that are available for all voice types and can be used in any other dialogue line as the voiced response, so you could simply link your custom line to the "Of course" or "How can I argue with that" response data and manually add the vanilla hireling hiring script to it. The result should be a working recruitment dialogue that works just like vanilla hirelings do and doesn't require any quests or scripting or whatever, just some work in xEdit.

Guess I'll have to look into it myself. Regardless of whether it ends up in this mod or not, it would be good to know whether it's actually feasible or not.

the game refuses to start with any of the files uploaded. the beheda label is downloaded and the game crashes. if the file is disabled in the list, the game works again. disabling all other mods also failed. Still have ideas? maybe some additions are needed? really want this race

35 minutes ago, soroka rae said:

the game refuses to start with any of the files uploaded. the beheda label is downloaded and the game crashes. if the file is disabled in the list, the game works again. disabling all other mods also failed. Still have ideas? maybe some additions are needed? really want this race

Crash after the Bethesda logo but before the main menu load means you are missing a master file for a plugin. Since it's this mod that causes the crash, chances are you are missing RaceCompatibility. Install it and try again.

23 minutes ago, soroka rae said:
if i select a female gender on another race> and then switch to a horse race, then everything works, choosing a male horse race leads to a game crash

Can't really think of anything on male horses that could cause a crash, but then again my version of the race has been edited so maybe there was something and I simply removed it.

In any case, first things first: did you install XPMSE and make sure to let it overwrite any other installed mod?

So is anyone else having trouble with the tails always turning white?

All the NPCs have white tails regardless of their hair color, and my PC will always have a white tail upon initial load. I can open the character editor, and if I set hair color again the tail will change to match, but it'll turn white again the next time I load my game.

I'm using the HDT tails if that helps. I'm assuming a script is used to match tail color to hair color, so I suppose it may be script lag, but everything else seems to be executing fine so I dunno.