11 hours ago, Ryokentaru said:

So is anyone else having trouble with the tails always turning white?

That's because the game doesn't refresh the hair tint shader on stuff that is not a head part (because "it's not a head part so it's not supposed to get the hair tint anyway, duh!" or whatever other excuse Beth may have for it).

When you open RaceMenu and change the hair color, you are forcing the game to apply your chosen tint on anything that is 3D-loaded and has the hair tint shader, so that's why the tail works for a while. But whenever you go through something that requires refreshing the tint (usually a cell load), it only does so on head parts and that's why it goes back to being white.

So far I've been using Sync Wig Hair Color to fix the issue. It forces the game to refresh the hair tint (like changing the color in RM would) whenever an object is equipped or the player's 3D model is loaded, so it keeps the tail properly tinted all the time. It's player only, though, so I'm not sure on how to go around fixing NPCs as well; but I'd say fixed tint for the player only is better than no fixed tints whatsoever.

Bridles, Alik'r hoods and extra hair for horses, anyone? Introducing the...

Horsewear!

MoreHors03.jpg

Fashionable Alik'r wardrobe! Travel the dunes in style!

Spoiler

MoreHors01.jpg

Quality imperial craftmanship for the demanding legionnaires!

MoreHors06.jpg

Intimidating styles for those in... less favored professions!

MoreHors07.jpg

And yes, it also comes in black!

MoreHors04.jpg

Stylish patterns available for those who treasure their heritage!

MoreHors09.jpg

Too in-your-face? No worries, we produce more subtle decorations too!

Buy your own now!

And now, back to regular shots.

MoreHors05.jpg

MoreHors08.jpg

MoreHors02.jpg

10 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Bridles, Alik'r hoods and extra hair for horses, anyone? Introducing the...

Horsewear!

MoreHors03.jpg

Fashionable Alik'r wardrobe! Travel the dunes in style!

Reveal hidden contents

MoreHors01.jpg

Quality imperial craftmanship for the demanding legionnaires!

MoreHors06.jpg

Intimidating styles for those in... less favored professions!

MoreHors07.jpg

And yes, it comes in black too!

MoreHors04.jpg

Stylish patterns available for those who treasure their heritage too!

MoreHors09.jpg

Too in-your-face? No worries, we produce more subtle decorations too!

Buy your own now!

And now, back to regular shots.

MoreHors05.jpg

MoreHors08.jpg

MoreHors02.jpg

Oh nice!

Oh my god, you guys. I'm dying over here. 

Who would  have thought the horses would look so good in Alik'r gear? And those bridles are awesome. Saddles too.

I'm totally up for getting them in game. Might need to be rigged as head parts so they can have chargen morphs.

12 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Who would  have thought the horses would look so good in Alik'r gear?

Agreed, that was a pleasant surprise. I just went for the hood refit because it fit the WIP lore, but it did turn out very well.

And those bridles are awesome.

Most of it comes from the custom textures themselves as the actual vanilla meshes and textures ain't quite there, but yeah, I'm pretty happy with the result indeed, lol.

Saddles too.

That was more of a "joke" thing, I just couldn't resist trying it after seeing the saddle nifs when I extracted the bridles. Still, it works, so there's that, lol. :classic_rolleyes:

I'm totally up for getting them in game.

I mean, they already are, as seen on the pics, so not sure what you mean here.

Might need to be rigged as head parts so they can have chargen morphs.

I guess that could be done if you really wanted to, but I'd say there's no need to as they work fine as equippable iems already.

Only clipping they have is with the lower strap when opening the mouth wide, and even the loosening that strap ("letting it hang") could reduce it even further. I really don't think "fixing" such a minor issue is worth turning them into headparts which are waaay more difficult to swap around or remove.

46 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

I mean, they already are, as seen on the pics, so not sure what you mean here.

Cool. I wasn't sure how fully rigged out they are. And do they fit the range of nose lengths and such? Yeah, if they basically fit as is, no need to frick with morphs.

On the subject of bodacious lady parts:

I have them rigged and ready to go. Question is how to ship them?

1. Put them in the female body nif. Pro: Simple, always there. Con: Mares have to have their own unique body, people can't use bodyslide to make their own, unless they modify that nif (which might work?). Could ship the new body with the SOS kit so the base mod is g-rated for those who want that.
  2. Put them in a separate armor addon, add to the the body skin. (This is what I have working now). Pro: people can use whatever body they want. Con: but the parts might not fit well on those other bodies. The parts have their own pussy, but it plays nicely enough with the UUNP pussy. 
  3. Make it equippable through SOS. Pro: Get it when you want it, Con: lots of machinery for not much benefit.

I'm not making bodyslide sliders and don't know anything about that. Any suggestions on which is the best way to go are welcome.

9 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Question is how to ship them?

If you ask me, 2 or 3 are better choices and I would personally prefer 3.

Putting them in body would also mean that since the extra parts are very chunky, if you put on any kind of pants and don't have top on that replaces the body you'll get some massive clipping and if you equip a top the bits go poof. Also having a separate body would bring in the aforementioned bodyslide issues and BHUNP users wouldn't actually have their BHUNP body, not to mention that if a CBBE user equips anything that replaces the body, there's gonna be texture mismatch.

- - - - - - - - - -

HOCollagev2.jpg

Currently included overlays:

- Belly overlays for both males and females

- Socks for both in 4 variations

- Long

- Short

- Even border

- Uneven border

- @Flawn's zebra stripes head and body for males, both solid and tintable versions

- Appaloosa spots head, body, hands and feet for females

All this in sweet, sweet 4K with a reasonable price tag of $0!

Get them here before they are sold out:

HorseOverlaysRC2.7z

Fits UNP and SOS.

If you want to use head paints, be sure to enable head overlays in nioverride.ini!

Actors with head paint applied getting decapitated causes guaranteed CTD so either disable decaps completely with VioLens for example or just git gud and don't die. ?

Okay cowboys and girls and others, got an update posted. Details in the OP. I put ASlySpyDuo's kit up with the rest. Blaze, we neeeeeed those bridles. 

The lady parts are in the sos kit, added on to the body in slot 52. That means SOS will knock them out when it adds slot 52 to all the (concealing) armor. In the next rev I'll pull them out into a separate SOS "schlong" that's the pussy at low levels of arousal and a strapon for sex; also I'll make a female horse schlong. Can't believe none of you monsters have asked for that yet.

Do chicks with dicks also have pussies? I never did get an answer to that.

41 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Okay cowboys and girls and others, got an update posted. Details in the OP. I put ASlySpyDuo's kit up with the rest. Blaze, we neeeeeed those bridles. 

The lady parts are in the sos kit, added on to the body in slot 52. That means SOS will knock them out when it adds slot 52 to all the (concealing) armor. In the next rev I'll pull them out into a separate SOS "schlong" that's the pussy at low levels of arousal and a strapon for sex; also I'll make a female horse schlong. Can't believe none of you monsters have asked for that yet.

To be fair, I'd imagine most considered it a natural progression, or something that would happen eventually. I was going to mention it already, but thought some of the current discussion was going to lead to it, no matter if I said something or not.

41 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

What might be a better idea, if possible, would be to have two variants, if not three. One that has the schlong/horse pussy(ex:ventious, and the other with the schlong/no pussy(ex:ventious). Both would have the anus, obviously. As for the third variant, if possible, it would just be the added schlong if someone wants to use the vanilla(i.e replaced) body with an existing vagina. 

As for the body itself, I'd suggest possibly two variants. One that is meant for use without the SOS addons, and has the fem horse bits attached. The other, would be either the existing body, or one with only minimal edits(like hints of the udders/crotch boobs if not just done with the normal map), or none, leaving the users body mesh to be used, and is meant to be used with the SOS addons for the horse bits.  

Otherwise, no idea how it could work in-game, but a possible idea to go along with the bridle, rudragon.

8 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Blaze, we neeeeeed those bridles. 

:classic_tongue:

I'm currently working on getting some helmets/head pieces from the Horse Armor mod refit for the race. There's only like 5 options (all of them based on vanilla armor sets), so as soon as I have them all done (or I drop it if it doesn't work out that well), I'll pack the whole thing and either post it here or send it your way in a PM, whatever you prefer.

(BTW, if anyone has any suggestions for (existing) custom horse gear they'd like to see on the horses here, do let me know and I'll see what I can do).

Can't believe none of you monsters have asked for that yet.

Think I've already mentioned I would be all for using female SOS stuff it it wasn't wildly misaligned on any animation that wasn't made specifically for futa characters (animations which are particularly scarce and which also are mostly futa x futa). Otherwise, it would have been like the first request I would have made, lol. :classic_rolleyes:

I guess there's differing thoughts on this, but as far as I'm concerned, yeah, they most definitely do.

7 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

As for the body itself, I'd suggest possibly two variants. One that is meant for use without the SOS addons, and has the fem horse bits attached. The other, would be either the existing body, or one with only minimal edits(like hints of the udders/crotch boobs if not just done with the normal map), or none, leaving the users body mesh to be used, and is meant to be used with the SOS addons for the horse bits.  

You're basically asking for both Option 3 and Option 1 of Bad Dog's list a few posts back. The whole point of that was to choose one of them, and even then I got the impression part of the idea was to check whether people liked options 2 or 3 so we wouldn't have to go for a full separate body because that poses some compatibility issues (and also lack of Bodyslide so no body shape customization, at least coming from BD himself. See: Cellans).

Otherwise, no idea how it could work in-game, but a possible idea to go along with the bridle, rudragon.

Not quite sure what you mean here. If it's bondage-y harnesses you want, DD has them and they should work more or less alright on the horses because their necks are very close to vanilla human ones (at least on females, haven't checked males yet).

If it's the bondage-y head harness/bridle (potentially to match the body ones from DD), I've already tried refitting the DD pony head harnesses to the horse heads as well but that's a lost cause because they were designed around a human head (on the other hand, the current bridles are straight out of the vanilla horse bridle + saddle sets and that's why they were easy to refit). It should be possible to make a bridle mesh that uses the leather/ebonite pieces or at least their overall look from DD, but it would require either very extensive mesh edits to the existing DD meshes or just brand new meshes in the first place so that's out of the question for me (can't speak for Bad Dog, for example).

If it's the reins you mean (whether attached to the bridle or the body harness), I assume they could work as HDT pieces like the DD chain collar pieces are, but they might still look pretty funky/buggy/weird and we would need a HDT wizard to set them up and rig them for us in the first place so chances are it won't happen at all.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I'm currently working on getting some helmets/head pieces from the Horse Armor mod refit for the race.

Case in point:

HorseHelmet1.jpg

Spoiler

HorseHelmet4.jpg

HorseHelmet2.jpg

Spoiler

HorseHelmet3.jpg

Can be combined with the bridles, with no/minor clipping. Boneweights ain't the best ever and also the original horse armor meshes aren't exactly ultra-high-quality (not that they actually needed to be since vanilla horse stuff is pretty damn low-res/low-poly in the first place anyway), but I'd say they do the trick.

I'll try with the 4 remaining helmets (Daedric, Dragonbone, Dwarven and Ebony) next.

6 minutes ago, Xayrlen said:

How exactly do I set a flag in nioverride.ini file?

It's bundled with RaceMenu and located in SKSE/Plugins/nioverride.ini, look for bEnableFaceOverlays=0 and change it to 1.

Also, if anyone is having trouble getting the overlays to work, let me know. The file should be perfectly kosher but BD didn't manage to get them to show up ingame so I'd like to know if that's a widespread problem.

3 minutes ago, erma33 said:

A quick question. Why set face overlays as... well, face overlays, if you can make them use warpaint slot? I mean, yeah, it has basically the same result, but it eliminates the CTD problem. Or am I missing something?

Couple of reasons:

- Trying to get bodypaint and warpaint to match is, from my experience at least, nigh impossible since they use completely different methods of applying the tint.

- You can't apply glowmap to warpaint at all so glowing zebra would be impossible, unless you only want body to glow but that would look wrong since neck stripes overlap and cut off.

- Warpaints get down/upscaled to whatever you have specified in skse.ini (or default 256x256) which looks terrible, while overlays always preserve the intended size. 4k in this case.

Since the zebra and appaloosa both have points where the patterns connect over different meshes and are meant to be used together with head and body, I opted to leave warpaint option out.

Making a warpaint version of the head overlays is trivial though so I could whip that up in a jiffy if there's demand.