Okay, ya furballs, I just posted an update. It's got basically everything we've been talking about except the bodacious nether regions RussianPrince put together. I'll start incorporating those now, but I want to make sure that the bone weights are right and that the pussy does what people expect pussies to do. Also I'll adapt the hinder passage for males, I think.

Not much else to add to the mod at this point. Some more warpaints, maybe fiddle with the eye chargen morphs to provide a shape that fits the human eyes in the skull a little better. Might walk through Apachii's hair for styles that can be adapted for manes. If the guy upthread who had a zebra skin started wants to share I'd have a look.

Take it for a spin, let me know if it entices. 

3 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

It's got basically everything we've been talking about except the bodacious nether regions RussianPrince put together.

Quite possibly in the top 10 nicest things anyone has ever said about me, including the time a date told me my dick was too big for her.

Okay, ya furballs, I just posted an update.

Does this include the unique female body mesh location we discussed in PMs? A LOT of people use CBBE and making the UNP mesh unique would save some headache.

You guys wonder why I'm such an arrogant bastard, it's all in the cock

Screenshot_20200228-224037.thumb.png.e539de2950af342b5540e4aa9f7ae06f.png

1 hour ago, RussianPrince said:

Quite possibly in the top 10 nicest things anyone has ever said about me, including the time a date told me my dick was too big for her.

LOL. Pick your position... carefully.

No new female body location yet because I haven't done anything with it yet. But I suppose if I ship a UNP body with the race then people can use CBBE for everything else and the mares will still be fine? Hadn't thought about that. 

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

No new female body location yet because I haven't done anything with it yet. But I suppose if I ship a UNP body with the race then people can use CBBE for everything else and the mares will still be fine? Hadn't thought about that. 

Yes, that's the way I have it in my game, allows me to have CBBE for human females, SOS for males of all races, and UNP for your anthro females.

Why was RaceCompatibility requirement added? Race worked fine without it.

Yeah, just change the location to something like 

\Data\meshes\actors\character\BDHorse\femalebody_1.nif

the way I had it set up in the file I sent.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

LOL. Pick your position... carefully.

Also, I've been playing in the CK to get Lydia how I want her. Some face tints are missing and they all get placed on the neck, I'm assuming this is because of RaceCompatibility si unfortunately I have to downgrade to the version I sent you.

Eh, anyone who actually needs to have separate meshes for your horses should be able to do that in 5 minutes of xEdit. If there's unique body location by default, it'll leave everyone else wondering why their BodySlide generated shape doesn't apply to them, unless you want to make separate body for horses available in BS.

More logical solution would be to have CBBE textures for CBBE users.

1 hour ago, lonelygrove said:

Wasn't there an HDT tail in an earlier version?

There was, but that one had both the vanilla tail animations and the HDT physics, so it was... buggy, to say the least. Assuming all my edits were kept, now the default tail will only use the vanilla tail anims but there should be an equippable HDT horse tail item that enables the HDT physics again (without conflicts with vanilla anims this time around, though).

37 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

unless you want to make separate body for horses available in BS.

I'll probably give that a try just like I did with otters, in which case a separate body could make sense. Unless the bits are added as a slot 52 item (either part of the naked skin or a female-specific "SOS" addon), in which case the body path can still be left as the default. That way bottomless outfits and non-UUNP-Special naked bodies would still show the proper bits instead of requiring a "horse conversion", so there's that.

More logical solution would be to have CBBE textures for CBBE users.

Indeed. Whipping up a CBBE patch should be relatively easy, can just project the UNP textures to CBBE and touch up whatever areas don't come out alright out of the bat. I still ahve my CBBE <-> UUNP texture projecting Blender file so I could take care of that if need be.

Also @Bad Dog, you seem to have forgotten to pack the BDHorseRaceController script in the main download, so the RaceCompatibility Horse Controller quest will fail to trigger and vampirism and lycanthropy will not work.

At least the Dark Brotherhood quest should work now since I don't think that fix requires the scripts, just the ActorProxy keyword on the race data, but considering the main point of RC is to fix vampires and werewolves, leaving the scripts out and thus losing those main fixes done by RC is kind of an oopsie, lol. :classic_wacko:

EDIT: you also forgot to pack the "BDHorseRace_English.txt" file in the Interface/translations folder, so the custom RaceMenu sliders are back to having bugged names.

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

There was, but that one had both the vanilla tail animations and the HDT physics, so it was... buggy, to say the least.

Is that true? I thought that if HDT was enabled the vanilla behavior file would be ignored. Anyway, I followed Blaze's lead of separating the files out. If you have HDT copy the two tail files in the BDHorse/HDT folder up one level. I'll post an HDT addon in a minute.

RaceController is so vampirism will work right, which means that mumble mumble stuff thingie. I'll post an update with the missing script.

6 hours ago, RussianPrince said:

Some face tints are missing and they all get placed on the neck,

I've seen this and I'm not sure what's causing it. Blaze did a bunch of work to clean up the tints and maybe I messed up copying them over. 

49 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Is that true? I thought that if HDT was enabled the vanilla behavior file would be ignored.

Yep, if you add both extra nif data blocks at once the game tries to load both, so it becomes extra-spazzy and gets warped back to the vanilla anim position (or at least tries to do so) when you open the console or a menu or use TFC.

It's either/or, so I thought the equippable HDT tails thingy was the best way around it. They also include a keyword that should prevent SL from unequipping them during scenes to there's that as well. Otherwise, anyone that wants to have perma-HDT tails can move the HDT nifs up one folder level and overwrite the vanilla-animated ones with them as you say.

I've seen this and I'm not sure what's causing it.

If it's for NPCs, that's the stupid CK tintmask resolution bug. Beth hardcoded the CK to only accept 256x256 tints for FaceGen export (you can thank PS3 and Xbox 360 for that :classic_dodgy:), so if you use higher-res tints, it fails to load them and only places a bugged tinted rectangle on the upper half of the texture canvas... which corresponds to the neck on the horse heads. Sure does sound like the issue here.

Temporarily replacing the 2k tints with the 256x256 ones (or just downscaling the 2k ones) for FaceGen export and then restoring the 2k ones once done should do the trick just fine. Otherwise, permanently replacing them with 256 tints would remove the requirement for swapping them when exporting FaceGen, but then player tints will look like absolute garbage and I don't expect there to be such a high influx of horse NPC mods that would make it worth it.

19 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

It's either/or, so I thought the equippable HDT tails thingy was the best way around it.

I kept those, but I'll also provide an HDT tails file for people who don't want to fuck around with it.

19 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

permanently replacing them with 256 tints would remove the requirement for swapping them when exporting FaceGen

I'm shipping full-size tints by default, with the 256x tints in a subfolder for anyone making NPCs.

Forgot to mention up above, one more thing before the race is done is a new mouth texture. The current is just the khajiit texture and it's pretty much garbage for horses.

That zebra looks pretty good. When y'all are happy I'll include it as an option.

New kit going up now with the issues fixed.

Well I don't know where to poke around for the SOS logs, but I've figured out how to recreate the random hoodie schlong state switching thing:

It seems to begin as soon as I use the SHIFT+PGUP/PGDN keys to control erection state. From then on it flips out a little switching between showing aroused/unaroused states, sort of 'resetting' back to the previous state and re-animating the schlong from there. It's more obvious with the slider in the race menu, its like there's a threshold for the erection state to change, and it doesn't show the true value until you go back a bit. I.E. Erection state -6 doesn't change in size (only angle) when moving the slider to 2, but there's an in-between state you wouldn't see unless you move the slider backwards. 

Incidentally, all the usual slides under the genitals tab of racemenu are all gone for me except for the erection state one. So it might just be me, but I don't see that issue with the other races so far...(using YA build)

Hmm. I changed the mechanism a rev or two back, looking for something I could use on RCAE. (RCAE isn't working for SE yet, is it?) Now I look to see what keys SOS is using and catch them myself to do increase/decrease the erection state as I understand it. But I've seen the behavior where the schlong angle increases a notch and then decreases again. I thought you were seeing the schlong flickering back and forth between meshes. 

I'll circle back and see if I can make the hoodies behave better.