58 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

maybe look at how you're ending it

Here's a funny 'secret'; that overlay wasn't meant for horses at all in the first place which is why it doesn't have "natural" end like that in body. I see what you mean though, I'll look into it.

23 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Regarding ENB, what settings did you use for this particular Screenshot? I use Rudy ENB, but I'm not very happy with the result.

I flail around with ENB settings until I find something that looks good enough for the scene so I can't recall the exact pre-brightness, saturation, contrast etc.. but I use my own custom LUT based on the default one most of the time.

Custom_LUT1.bmp

Also keep in mind that with exterior cell shots, the weather and time of the day make a massive difference so you might want to keep a list of weather codes handy and force the ones you want, though 'fw 10E1F2' works most of the time.

While having an ENB designed for it helps a lot, there's a lot more nuance in taking an appealing screenshot than that. If you have more questions about the subject, I'd happily answer them, but I think that should be moved to PMs as to not derail this thread further.

Okay folks, I have to come out clean, I have done ridiculous amount of photowork with the horses but I'm just too lazy to post them here so here's a giant imagedump of equines and equine accessories.

@Bad Dog If you find anything nice here, you might want to at least replace the dollar store zebra in mod images since that's really outdated with old eyes, body texture etc. and doesn't exactly reflect the current state of the horses.

So, without further ado...

Pre-texture update

Horses4.jpg

Spoiler

Horses13crop.jpg

SteamyLoosa.jpg

Horses1.jpg

Horses2.jpg

Horses3.jpg

Horses6.jpg

Horses7.jpg

Horses8.jpg

Horses10.jpg

Horses11.jpg

Horses12.jpg

SameHat.jpg

Overlays

FunkyZebra.jpg

Spoiler

Paints.jpg

ZebraProper2.jpg

ArabFunker.jpg

ChainedHorse.jpg

PlainZebra.jpg

WhySoSerious.jpg

AppaloosaRedux1.jpg

AppaloosaRedux2.jpg

AppaloosaRedux3.jpg

Saddle Special!

SaddleSpecial2-04.jpg

Spoiler

SaddleSpecial01.jpg

SaddleSpecial02.jpg

SaddleSpecial2-01.jpg

SaddleSpecial2-02.jpg

SaddleSpecial2-03.jpg

SaddleSpecial2-05.jpg

SaddleSpecial2-06.jpg

SaddleSpecial03.jpg

SaddleSpecial04.jpg

Helmets and more bridles!

HHelmuts2.jpg

Spoiler

HHelm1.jpg

HHelm1b.jpg

HHelm2.jpg

HHelm3.jpg

HHelm3b.jpg

HHelm4.jpg

HHelm4b.jpg

HHelmuts1.jpg

HHelmuts3.jpg

HHelmuts4.jpg

HunterBay.jpg

ImSorry.jpg

ConanAppy.jpg

The most recent stuff!

SuddenSnow.jpg

Spoiler

Pegasos.jpg

DesertVagabond.jpg

EbonyRest.jpg

15 minutes ago, CFU said:

what pose mods do you use for them

Err, that's a good question since I use tons of posers (thanks to nonexistent FNIS animation limit these days) so here's a list of what I have installed:

Spoiler

-Screenshot-Fu_separator
+Aloe poser
+Arsenic Pose 2
+Crential EroPoser_V1
+FNIS EIS - Brainsperm v1.6LL
+FNIS EIS - Miscellaneous v1.0
+FNIS EIS - Oden v1.1
+FuwaPose
+GomaPeroPoses
+Halo'sPoser
+Kinoko Pose
+Knox Poser
+Larmir Pose
+MergaPose
+MKPoser
+PM_Misc
+Pretty Motion Combat Idles Series
+Pretty Motion Female Idles Series
+Pretty Motion_Poses And Animations Series
+Shocky Creature Sex Poses 2.0
+Shockys PosePack Humans FIXED
+The Meme Poser by Collygon
+Wulf Poser
+Ho1DrgPose
+PublicPoser2
+Ava's personal Pose pack
+Witchmord Poser
+JexPose
+Boost Pose
+Render Poses
+ROS Poses 20190707
+RohZima Immersive Animated Poses
+Collygons Poser V4
+HinoActionPose
+Purple Poser v6.2(PHP Ver)
+HoneyPose
+YuiHsPose
+GSPoses
+ILVPoser 0.2.1
+BakaFactory Monster Pose Pack Vol 1 1.2
+BakaFactory Monster Pose Pack Vol 2 1.0
+BakaFactory Rindou Pose 0.4
+DS Poser v0.35 by Baka Factory
+HCPoser
+DDPoser 0.1 LE
+Poser Hotkeys Plus
+ScreenShot Assist
+Face Light
+Better lighting for Face Light and Facelight Plus

Though if you just want a recommendation for one or two packs that cover a lot of poses for various scenarios, you really can't go wrong with Halo's Poser and/or GomaPeroPoses.

2 hours ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

If you find anything nice here, you might want to at least replace the dollar store zebra in mod images since that's really outdated with old eyes, body texture etc. and doesn't exactly reflect the current state of the horses.

LOL and not just the zebra either.

How come no one has done a unicorn photoshoot?

24 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

LOL and not just the zebra either.

Well, I'm only allowed to criticize my own crap. But yeah. :classic_rolleyes:

25 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

How come no one has done a unicorn photoshoot?

...is that a request? 'cause I take requests you know, though quality not guaranteed.

1 hour ago, TheLastKhajiit said:

Personally, I'd like to see more Leopard sharks, but that's different thread. More of the giraffe wanna be would be nice

Well... As much as I'd like to oblige, both of those overlays are WIP. Leopard is having an art pass and giraffe is on hold for now since I ruined my wrist and need to let it rest and trust me, you don't want to see the backside of the usable giraffe one.

On 3/12/2020 at 3:29 PM, ASlySpyDuo said:

Here's a funny 'secret'; that overlay wasn't meant for horses at all in the first place which is why it doesn't have "natural" end like that in body. I see what you mean though, I'll look into it.

I flail around with ENB settings until I find something that looks good enough for the scene so I can't recall the exact pre-brightness, saturation, contrast etc.. but I use my own custom LUT based on the default one most of the time.

Custom_LUT1.bmp 16.05 kB · 3 downloads

Also keep in mind that with exterior cell shots, the weather and time of the day make a massive difference so you might want to keep a list of weather codes handy and force the ones you want, though 'fw 10E1F2' works most of the time.

While having an ENB designed for it helps a lot, there's a lot more nuance in taking an appealing screenshot than that. If you have more questions about the subject, I'd happily answer them, but I think that should be moved to PMs as to not derail this thread further.

Thanks   (it's more complicated than I thought ?)

3 hours ago, CanoLathra said:

Looks great! I patiently await a SSE version so I can begin the long and arduous process of making it work with the 3BBBa body.

But seriously, I didn't realize I needed this until I saw it.

It works with 3BA out the box since there's no skeleton or mesh to patch or swap, but the texture are made for unp not cbbe, i converted it using cathedral asset optimizer and combined all the files in one archive for anyone who wants to test it on SSE, just remember the body texture won't look good unless your using a UNP body.

If you really want to use it with cbbe (3BA or not) you can either try to patch the body texture or use something like the Titkit mod to hide the misaligned nipples.

BD_HORSE_SSE.7z

1 hour ago, PraedythXVI said:

It works with 3BA out the box since there's no skeleton or mesh to patch or swap, but the texture are made for unp not cbbe, i converted it using cathedral asset optimizer and combined all the files in one archive for anyone who wants to test it on SSE, just remember the body texture won't look good unless your using a UNP body.

If you really want to use it with cbbe (3BA or not) you can either try to patch the body texture or use something like the Titkit mod to hide the misaligned nipples.

BD_HORSE_SSE.7z 101.26 MB · 0 downloads

I was talking more about making sure the 'armors' have all of the bones and weights, as 3BA's namesake feature isn't standard in most outfits, but thanks for the download.

Now I just have to figure out how to make a working texture under the CBBE standard. Maybe I can find another animal mod with CBBE textures and adapt it.

18 minutes ago, CanoLathra said:

Now I just have to figure out how to make a working texture under the CBBE standard. Maybe I can find another animal mod with CBBE textures and adapt it.

The UUNP and CBBE bodyslide base/zeroed slider shapes are pretty much a 1:1 match as far as shape goes (or at least as close as the differing topologies allow for). Couple that with Blender's ability to project (bake) textures from one mesh to another based on geometry or shape, and converting texture sets from CBBE to UUNP and the other way around becomes easier.

That's actually the method I use, and I still intend to give a try at making a quick CBBE conversion of the current textures at some point, but I have no ETA nor I see it happening anytime soon so if you know your way around Blender and/or are willing to tinker around and see if you can get it done, giving it a shot yourself in the meantime is an option.

EDIT: also, re your previous question, I'm pretty sure this mod doesn't include any "armors" so far and even when it does it will only be headgear (bridles and helmets) which has nothing to do with 3BBB, so that should never be an issue.

24 minutes ago, Ryokentaru said:

Had to make him girly though. That's like, a rule or something.

Beautiful, thank you!

But rules are made to be broken. Tanith Lee has a great scene with muscular unicorns in colors of umbar and rust. They stamp small animals under their iron hooves and rip them apart with their teeth.