Devious Followers - Continued SE

Cool mod!

as others have reported, I too am having issues initiating DF with followers. The dialogue debug isn't working with any followers I have tried (all vanilla, I have no other mod followers or follower frameworks). 

So far I have tried waiting, reloading, spamming the MCM debug button, reinstalling DF, prioritizing load order, and save cleaning. I haven't added any mods since DF.

The real head scratcher is that everything worked perfectly in a previous playthrough. However, that character now has the same issue after loading them up again. Also, When I use the option to enslave myself, or use the SS++ option, I appear in a tavern like normal and engaging the new follower yields the [click me!] prompt. 

3 hours ago, ZeroDrool said:

Cool mod!

as others have reported, I too am having issues initiating DF with followers. The dialogue debug isn't working with any followers I have tried (all vanilla, I have no other mod followers or follower frameworks). 

So far I have tried waiting, reloading, spamming the MCM debug button, reinstalling DF, prioritizing load order, and save cleaning. I haven't added any mods since DF.

The real head scratcher is that everything worked perfectly in a previous playthrough. However, that character now has the same issue after loading them up again. Also, When I use the option to enslave myself, or use the SS++ option, I appear in a tavern like normal and engaging the new follower yields the [click me!] prompt. 

2.10.21 1:25pm

Update

Not a new version, fixed the animation issue. For some reason the animations did not fully convert properly the first time around.

Please download the fixed and reuploaded v2.13.1 file.

I did not get notifications for any of these posts, so I apologize for the delay.

Anyone else having to use the restore player controls a lot with this version? seems pretty much every time sexlab is triggered i'm having to use it which is a new problem as i wasnt having any problem with player controls getting locked before so being unable to draw weapon etc

MO2 seems to be sorting this mod incorrectly here and causing dialogue issues here. Placing manually at the bottom of the load order managed to fix most of them. The new version started much faster than the previous one, although I've had an issue where I already had a devious follower and then when my willpower went low, the game replaced him with another one unexpectedly. But it was the follower mod itself that was broken, so I ditched it from my gameplay and everything is now working like a lucky charm.

On 2/11/2021 at 12:55 PM, pinky6225 said:

Anyone else having to use the restore player controls a lot with this version? seems pretty much every time sexlab is triggered i'm having to use it which is a new problem as i wasnt having any problem with player controls getting locked before so being unable to draw weapon etc

I thought that it was just me. I noticed this just within the past day or two. I don't think that it is DFC though. I still had the older mod installed. I'm just installing the new one now. I'm not sure what is doing it, but yeah, everytime sexlab initiates I'm stuck with a character that won't do anything and I can't open any menus until I restore control. Whatever is doing that, I would love to get it fixed. It is really annoying.

I'm having an issue where followers keep getting activated for this mod.  Like I'll pay off my debt (the option that says it lets me dismiss) then I dismiss them and check to see that I now have the "Can I trust you?" option, then I go off and adventure.  

Later I pass nearby in town and suddenly get debt added and when I talk to them I see the option to ask about our agreement.  I have been able to switch which follower is the target, but I'm not able to have a follower without a contract kicking in automatically for more than a few in game hours, or irl minutes, not sure which.

Any ideas?

Mod works great with AFT and a bunch of other Devious mods added on. I downloaded the CBBE Bodyslide files from TAWoBA ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9547?tab=files ) for the custom whore armor. Works good. My only issue now is, I want to change the whore armor into something else.

So my question to the community: Can I just drag and drop new .nif files into the meshes folder of the mod, rename them to fit what the default was and then it is good to go? Reason I am asking because I still green when it comes to using NifSkope and trying to massage the armor around.

I've noticed several times that during "deal adding" sequence the one deal been described, like: "I have a wonderful criclet for you to wear"
and then above notice appears: 
"you have to wear a gag" - a bit misleading. 

Same thing happens to me several time, on new game as well.

I'm having an annoying issue with DFC 2.13. I thought it was resolved by switching the follower framework yesterday, however, when I went playing today, it happened once again:

Whenever I have a Devious Follower, any time I speak with a hireling (either vanilla or custom), he becomes automatically the new devious follower, without triggering any other dialogue. If I speak with another hireling, it happens again and again, regardless if they're already following me or not.

Pausing the mod seems to fix this issue only until the mod is resumed. Or removing the NPC from the PotentialHirelingFaction using console commands (but it will no longer be available as follower, though).

Since on LE topic no one seems to have this problem, I'm posting this in SSE version thread. Version 2.12 didn't have this. Also, I'm using MO2

Update: Tested again with all follower frameworks supported by DFC. This issue is happening with AFT and NFF. EFF and vanilla system is fine (my EFF install was broken for some reason, after reinstalling it's now okay).

Since the update my follower seems to repeatedly initiate the key search deal 'by default'. Happens almost immediately after recruiting the follower, before I can even build up any debt, she'll start searching for keys and punish me for carrying them. Happened twice in a clean, new game. Happens probably within a minute or two of recruiting the follower.

(The changes look great and in particular I've really missed some more flexibility in the modular deal settings, so I love the update. Hope there's an easy workaround/fix to this one)

On 2/16/2021 at 8:27 AM, Loki.adm said:

I've noticed several times that during "deal adding" sequence the one deal been described, like: "I have a wonderful criclet for you to wear"
and then above notice appears: 
"you have to wear a gag" - a bit misleading. 

Same thing happens to me several time, on new game as well.

The same thing has been happening for me, too.

On 2/18/2021 at 8:29 PM, BYJE137 said:

Since the update my follower seems to repeatedly initiate the key search deal 'by default'. Happens almost immediately after recruiting the follower, before I can even build up any debt, she'll start searching for keys and punish me for carrying them. Happened twice in a clean, new game. Happens probably within a minute or two of recruiting the follower.

(The changes look great and in particular I've really missed some more flexibility in the modular deal settings, so I love the update. Hope there's an easy workaround/fix to this one)

Update: This seems to likely have been caused by a newly introduced compatibility problem with the SubmissiveLola mod after the upgrade. Deactivating that mod caused the issue to go away. That mod also has a key-holder functionality.

I'm using the newest update of the mod and added it about a week or so ago. I've noticed that it has stopped doing a lot of the things that the older version of the did, or it just isn't activating. The main one is with boredom. It never activates or doesn't seem to. I have it set to check boredom twice a day. I've had the same follower for weeks (in game) but his boredom hasn't gone up at all. Along with that is that there is no pressure to force deals on my character. It used to be the the rising boredom would not only increase costs, but pretty quickly the follower wouldn't allow you to pay them off until you take so many deals. I have yet to take a deal with my follower as I am not forced to.

One other thing is the event that activates every few days when your follower does something to you. My follower only does one of those things, over and over again. He puts the pony hoof mitts on and makes me go to a stable. I was sure that there were more options than just this, but that is all I get, about six or seven times in a row now. I've just increased time timing of this so that I don't have to do the same thing so often. Are there more options? Bad luck?

6 hours ago, KLongad Sirtup said:

@nomkaz There's been an update to the LE version of Devious Followers - Continued from release 2.13.1 to 2.13.2 and there's 2.13.3 and 2.13.4 on the way from Lupine00. Can you please update the port for SSE?

I didn't get a notification about the update. SMH thanks for letting me know!