Devious Followers - Continued SE

I noticed that DFC was updated on Nov. 21. I tried to download the files but they only show the same two that were uploaded in July. When I downloaded it, it has the same name as the July one, which makes me think that the new version isn't actually posted here.

LL is being really really slow and it wound up reposting.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble getting this to work. The dialogue to start wont appear. Sometimes my follower will say the "Lets go then.. hope you dont try to cheat me" line, but after that nothing more from the mod happens.

I used the debug to try to add the (CLICK ME) dialogue option, but it wont appear. Same with resetting the mod from debug and trying to use the repair follower button. How should I check for what is causing this? It isn't being overwritten in SSEEdit, and I don't have any follower frameworks.

15 hours ago, Xleymn said:

I'm having trouble getting this to work. The dialogue to start wont appear. Sometimes my follower will say the "Lets go then.. hope you dont try to cheat me" line, but after that nothing more from the mod happens.

I used the debug to try to add the (CLICK ME) dialogue option, but it wont appear. Same with resetting the mod from debug and trying to use the repair follower button. How should I check for what is causing this? It isn't being overwritten in SSEEdit, and I don't have any follower frameworks.

What follower are you using? Some special followers are essentially incompatible with DFC, such as Sofia and Inigo

49 minutes ago, Aldid said:

What follower are you using? Some special followers are essentially incompatible with DFC, such as Sofia and Inigo

I tried with some generic followers I have added from the nexus (they have worked before), then I tried using Marcurio

2 hours ago, Xleymn said:

I tried with some generic followers I have added from the nexus (they have worked before), then I tried using Marcurio

In that case my only real tip is to walk around a bit and wait. Sometimes it just takes a while for it to show up.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2020 at 3:55 AM, Xleymn said:

Interesting, I have the same problem but first since a few days. I try to use it with the followers I ever use and for months it works without problems  but not now anymore.

Have you installed or update another mod in the last few weeks? Somehow I believe it must be another mod that create that problem because not only DFC also some other mods of me starts acting strange.

I'm currently having an issue where even when the potion quest is unchecked, the potion quest still triggers by itself (a random NPC approaches, offers to buy out the deals in exchange for drinking the potion and it's a forced scene with no opt out).

Is there a workaround to this?

7 hours ago, morikawa said:

I'm currently having an issue where even when the potion quest is unchecked, the potion quest still triggers by itself (a random NPC approaches, offers to buy out the deals in exchange for drinking the potion and it's a forced scene with no opt out).

Is there a workaround to this?

Are you sure both the normal and forced version are turned off? You could try increasing the number of deals required as well.

On 1/11/2021 at 3:53 AM, Aldid said:

Are you sure both the normal and forced version are turned off? You could try increasing the number of deals required as well.

I've checked multiple times to ensure both boxes are unchecked so I'm very sure it's off.

I've set the number of deals to maximum, but unfortunately I wanted to take all classic deals (15? IIRC) which is more than the maximum I'm allowed to put the number of deals required to (12 I believe).

I've disabled DF for now since I couldn't fix it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2021 at 6:17 AM, Sucker343 said:

Major issue with the port. DFC resets itself. I am using NFF in both SE and LE

DFC seems to not work well with latest version of NFF on Special Edition.  In my setup, I can't hire a devious follower without enabling and disabling debug first, then using console commands, and after hiring, the options to "part ways" and "no need your help any longer" appear at the same time (and if you click to part ways, you mess up with the follower).

Tried to reset the mod in-game, and not much has changed. Nothing is overwriting DFC scripts. I've not found the cause of the trouble yet, but it might be something in the follower framework :/

8 hours ago, Vaccinated Alligator said:

I can't hire a devious follower without enabling and disabling debug first

This happens to me often when starting a new game. However, usually waiting around for a lengthy amount of time will solve the issue (or using some of the other workarounds mentioned below).

The mod appears to have a issues getting things done. It takes time to get the dialog for hiring followers as well as getting the restraints I ask for or receive for a debt.

Some of these problems make the mod somewhat unplayable as you are required to have a restraint, but the follower isn't giving it until maybe hours of gameplay has passed.

Often going through doors, saving and reloading or spamming the start/stop to bring up menu helps a bit. Maybe even restarting of the game could help.

Maybe there is some conflict with other mods, maybe there is an issue with how the mods functions are made, maybe my installation is corrupted or many mods cause a slowdown.

I have previously encountered similar problems with other mods. Many mods appear to have issues with starting up a SL scene (SL defeat?) and devious mimics for example gets stuck when a mimic item is triggered until I open the game menu and close it.

35 minutes ago, Hermangk said:

many mods cause a slowdown.

I guess this is the most likely answer, I currently have 350 mods installed ?

Anyway, changing cells or waiting some time appears to be working, the other issue is about both DFC and NFF dismissal dialogue showing at the same time. Sometimes I need to "pause" the game through menus to give some time for the scripts to run, as Skyrim's engine is very, very clunky.

Thanks for porting the mod to SE, I like it XD

Working fine (vortex install) except the start with "click me" dialogue which appears when ever it want, whatever the follower type are: I have stand alone follower, 3dnpc, ... & some are registred under AFT and other not (ie : on the same follower (stand alone + AFT) the ''click me'' option can be available and another time it will never appears).

I have to mix/spam reset option in MCM menu and chek uncheck available dialogue option to have finaly the choosen one character. I have the feeling that once the dialogue appears under one follower it will never appears to the others so if it's not the follower you want you have to reset it.

"spank that ass" is good to run with it

For good experience I had to disable "cursed loot". both program are working fine but too many DD devices at the same time! come on guys can I walk 5 meters without troubles XD

working also fine with lola sub. whit another follower at the same time.

If you have trouble to choose/dismiss the other ''normal'' followers under AFT(Amazing Follower) it is because DF is interacting with it, if you want to fix it you have to change the load order (but you will probably lose the effect that DF is adapting the number of follower according to your condition)

As I have many mods installed sometimes I use a script cleaner as fallrim on Nexus. better to do it before.

Using DF v. 2.12.2 SE. I was sent to SS++, and was enslaved by Marcurio. M explained rules to me, etc. So far so good.

Decide to purchase my freedom, and before buying out of slavery I  saved my game. Got free, fast traveled, ran into trouble. Loaded save to try again.

Now M isn't my master, even though I haven't purchased my freedom on this save?!?

I speak to him, and instead of acting as my master he receives permission from my master - but I don't know who that is. I've spoken to all my other followers, and none of them appear to be my master.

I've reloaded twice w/ the same results.

I tried repairing the follower using the option in the MCM to no avail.

Sent a resume event as a 'throw up my hands why the heck not?' no good

sqs _dflow: stage 10: 1, stage 98: 1, stage 100: 1. All other stages are 0.

tried terminating scene, in case something was stuck somewhere.

finally just reset. Had to use debug menu to remove slave devices. Debt didn't clear, either. Will see what happens.

FWIW, my previous follower stopped working right also, but I thought I borked him up so didn't worry about it.

Anyway, @Lupine00, I hope you or somebody can give me some help. No rush, no worry.

Papyrus.1.log

16 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

Now M isn't my master, even though I haven't purchased my freedom on this save?!?

When a follower says they received permission from your master, that's a lie, they are (effectively) your master - they're just gaslighting you into thinking you deserve to be enslaved.

Usually you should only see that when the follower is starting up as a new master.

The situation sounds complicated.

What end-goal are you trying to reach?

I suggest you drop all followers and reset the mod, then get a new follower and 'repair' them.

It might get things going smoothly again.

2.12 is prone to dismissal issues, unfortunately.

It's kind of odd that nobody brought them up during the many betas there were before it was released.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

What end-goal are you trying to reach?

I suggest you drop all followers and reset the mod, then get a new follower and 'repair' them.

It might get things going smoothly again.

2.12 is prone to dismissal issues, unfortunately.

It's kind of odd that nobody brought them up during the many betas there were before it was released.

After the first reset (above) where I still showed debt, I was able to make a deal w/ one of my followers. Then I hit reset again, this time my debt cleared and I think I have a fresh beginning.

FYI, I have one vanilla follower, one pet/follower, and 4 unique followers w/ their own AI so I don't need a framework. I'm not sure they all have enough hooks to become DFs, which is fine w/ me. During the reset process I disabled a couple of them from becoming a possible DF because I don't think it fit them, roleplay-wise.

This pt I wanted to use DFC  primarily as a possible outcome for Simple Slavery alongside SLUTS. I might not even have a vanilla follower w/ me unless I get sold at auction.

I did wonder if maybe getting enslaved via SS as the intial encounter between me and Vanilla follower instead of the traditional 'follow me' might be an issue? Anyway, I think I have a 'good' beginning, so fingers crossed. :)

58 minutes ago, Seeker999 said:

I did wonder if maybe getting enslaved via SS as the intial encounter between me and Vanilla follower instead of the traditional 'follow me' might be an issue?

I will test to see if there are any SS issues with the new version, but recruit/dismiss bugs in 2.12.X are not indicative of the current state of the code base.

Which is setting aside the matter of the SE version being a total mystery to me, as I don't run SE.

There might be some SE mod that conflicts with it, and I think it's more than a little likely.

17 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

I will test to see if there are any SS issues with the new version, but recruit/dismiss bugs in 2.12.X are not indicative of the current state of the code base.

Which is setting aside the matter of the SE version being a total mystery to me, as I don't run SE.

There might be some SE mod that conflicts with it, and I think it's more than a little likely.

I wouldn't be surprised. I appreciate your quick responses.

A thought: on the stats page, would it be easy to add a line identifying your current master/df? "Deal Maker    Marcurio" for example. If not, then it may not be worth it.

9 hours ago, Seeker999 said:

A thought: on the stats page, would it be easy to add a line identifying your current master/df? "Deal Maker    Marcurio" for example. If not, then it may not be worth it.

Yes. I don't know why I keep forgetting to add that.

You can see it easily in the console though.

sqv _DFlow