Boston Devious Helper ALPHA

1 hour ago, MysticDaedra said:

I just assumed the mod author was giving examples of female vanilla companions? I can't imagine why it would work for piper or cait but not curie, unless it was specifically scripted only for those two characters... which is possible, I guess.

I stand corrected lol.  thanks @izzyknows for the file.  I'm gonna have to find some room in my load order again for this (maybe I'll wait for Nuka Ride to get new quests and start over ;)

On 10/22/2021 at 5:27 AM, izzyknows said:

BDH wont work with custom companions.  Best you'll get from her is Slut Walk approaches.

That's not necessarily true - I have used with custom female companions and have worked all the way up to the getting the collar, etc... slut walk, hide and seek, the relaxing spa treatment, job review by committee, etc.

I do modify them in xEdit to make sure "Human Race" is attached (most are blank / other).  I also remove their default "skin" as well as any special clothing and equip them either with other vanilla clothing or custom sets (which then has masters).  I prefer CBBE body styles.

I have never used the custom companions "stock" so you may be completely correct.

John

1 hour ago, MrCruelJohn said:

That's not necessarily true - I have used with custom female companions and have worked all the way up to the getting the collar, etc... slut walk, hide and seek, the relaxing spa treatment, job review by committee, etc.

I do modify them in xEdit to make sure "Human Race" is attached (most are blank / other).  I also remove their default "skin" as well as any special clothing and equip them either with other vanilla clothing or custom sets (which then has masters).  I prefer CBBE body styles.

I have never used the custom companions "stock" so you may be completely correct.

John

Yes, you can edit mod added companions so they'll be recognized by BDH as "companions" instead of followers. But outa the box not so much. Now, I'm not saying all mod added companions are that way... haven't, nor want to, tested them all.

On 10/22/2021 at 5:16 AM, MysticDaedra said:

I'm having trouble getting this to work properly with Companion Ivy. The dialogue menu only offers Ivy's default dialogue, I can't see how to initiate BDH dialogue with her. Any help?

I have not done any special edits to Boston Devious Helper and use Companion Ivy with no issues. I just got the bimbo collar. Once you get the initial dialogue I fiddled with the timers so it wasn't a constant getting new commands. I did have an issue with the gangbang scene not firing right once or twice, but that may have been an issue with Hardship being on at the time. Sometimes I do have to press up to "talk" to fire off the conversation. If you're using XDI it won't work and Ivy won't work all that well either.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SOSMarche said:

Okay so more of a maybe? It definitely did trigger at least once but I can't comment on full functionality, obviously

It will trigger but pause until you find your companion to complete the dialogue.

A bit of a bug. It should pause as soon as your companion is dismissed, or even remove the Bimbo Collar.

Edited by izzyknows
48 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

It will trigger but pause until you find your companion to complete the dialogue.

A bit of a bug. It should pause as soon as your companion is dismissed, or even remove the Bimbo Collar.

That makes sense! I like the visual element of it (and I think it is a fun punishment/toy on a high INT character) but the mechanical side obviously gets dicey.

The flat diffuse texture of the Bimbo collar started to bother me, so I decided to remake it from scratch, making it more worn and grungier. I also decided bump up the resolution to 1024x1024. This will replace the three base textures for the collar (Diffuse, Normal and Specular). The emissive textures for the lamp and bimbo-text is untouched. I made it mainly for my own use but thought I'd share it here if someone wants to use it.

BDH Bimbo Collar ReTexture v1.0.7z

Just install it through a mod manager (after the BDH mod of course) or manually extract the three textures if you so like.

This is the first time I uploaded any mod-package, so I hope I packaged it correctly.

Spoiler

bimboCollar.png.c1a82e1f9e517db9173247becf3842c6.png

14 hours ago, trekkie said:

Hey all. so iv done some experimenting with the mod "Liga of my companions" https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25699

which unfortunately isn't compatible with devious helper. it just makes your companions act as regular friendly NPCs and only when dismissed. uninstalled it and all is well again. 

just putting this up incase someone was having the same problem i was.

Great mod btw.

Weird, i'm using Liga of my companions and i have Longfellow + MacCready ... Longfellow got me out of devious item and made me his sub. He is giving me tasks also .. so i think everything is working fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey y'all.

When I go through the whole "Can't help but notice your slutty outfit" routine, and 'start scene' I am getting stuck in the loading screen.

Any pointers on what to try/do?

EDIT: it seems like this mod is also causing the PIP boy to stop working too. Whenever I get stuck in the loading screen, I quickload to a previous save and the PIP boy doesn't work anymore.

Edited by Pruto
21 minutes ago, MrNicoras said:

Is there an easy way to add Heather Casdin as a Domme companion?  I used this mod with Companion Ivy with no problem or editing whatsoever, but I can't get it to work with Heather.

That's because she is a follower not a companion. Not sure what you'd have to do to her so she would be recognized as a companion.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

That's because she is a follower not a companion. Not sure what you'd have to do to her so she would be recognized as a companion.

That's what I figured.  I tried "copying as new record" and "copying as overwrite"  on the Companions Faction from BDH into Heather's mod in XEdit, but that definitely didn't work.  Just curious if anyone smarter than me knows a fix.

2 hours ago, fonixphoenix said:

I got a quest from the bimbo collar to pick up an item and deliver it, but the quest has no marker, so I have no idea what to pick up. 

Reset the events in the MCM.  Boston Devious Helper>Misc>Execute Commands>Reset Events

It will clear the current event, not reset your current progress, so you can use it willy nilly if you want. ;)