Boston Devious Helper ALPHA

Is there any way to use this along with Sexual Harassment without causing the events to break? I still rarely get outfit change approaches but that's all my companion wants to discuss with me. Do we know the cause of the conflict (i.e. is it something we might be able to patch)? I felt like I did use these together once upon a time but I could be wrong. :)

Ā 

Edit: Well, after 20+ hours of this game without anything triggering, all I had to do was post apparently - because now the events are firing.

Edited by Eskella
  • 1 month later...

Edit:Ā  I'll leave this post up in case someone else has a weird issue with not getting the actor list, in my case it was load order.Ā  I went back through the AAF guide, updated my mods, fixed my load order and it works now.Ā  If you use Hardship, Toys and BDH, for me the load order that worked was BDHĀ  ->Ā  ToysĀ  ->Ā  Hardship (followed by a few other adult mods) all loading above AAF > Animations on the left, and basically the same on the right.Ā  I'll put my folly into a spoiler tag to hide my shame.Ā  ?

Ā 

Spoiler

Decided to add this mod back into my load order today because I'm playing around with alternate Piper relationship triggers.Ā  Getting a weird problem though.Ā  Normally my build has been very stable, AAF version is the one on Nexus, all mods and animations work fine.Ā  But once I add BDH into the mix, whether it's loaded towards the bottom of the list at a higher priority than the other adult mods, or loaded above them at a lower priority, AAF just sorta... doesn't really work anymore.Ā  And by that I mean, I can press Home key, and I get the little 2 ball animation in the upper right corner when I press Enter, but then I don't get the thing that pops up in the middle of the screen telling me what actors are nearby.Ā  If I try starting a scene with SEU, I get the dialogue prompts, but no scene starts.Ā  Can't start a scene with F11 either.Ā  BDH is loaded, I have an MCM.Ā  If I exit the game and untick BDH, and go back to the same save, AAF works.

Ā 

I'm going back through the old posts here to try and find similar issues, but figured I would post here to see if someone picks up on something I missed.Ā  I used BDH before and I reinstalled everything in the exact order as the description, so I'm not sure what I'm missing.Ā  I'm using Izzy's replacement esp because I'm not using AWKCR anymore.

Ā 

Currently stumped.Ā  Only other thing I can think of is that I 1 of the POTC esp's because it required AWKCR but I still have the slot replacer active.Ā  I need to look into that probably.Ā  But I don't think that would just cause AAF to shrug, because the only difference is the BDH esp being enabled or not. < Scratch that part, the potc file with the awkcr master was for the optional navi plug.Ā  Just pretend those 2 sentences don't exist.

Ā 

Did some troubleshooting.

disabled the esp, no change.

disabled the fusiongirl patch, no change

disabled the rest of the mods folders, no change <- Correction, I still had the "Boston Devious Helper v0.3.21 folder enabled but the esp remained disabled.Ā  This test was done with the "Voice", "Voice Collar" and "Fusion Girl Patch" disabled.Ā  I just rechecked this to confirm.

Disabled UAP, enabled BDH, no change.

Ā 

I'm going to my test profile and see if I can load it with just AAF stuff and nothing else.

Ā 

Edit: AAF works fine in my test profile with basically just the fucking manual stuff + BDH, so I don't know what the heck is going on in my regular profile because it's all the same installs... plus... like 400 other mods but who's counting...Ā  This post can basically be ignored unless someone has seen the exact same scenario.Ā  I guess I'll make a new copy of my current profile and start disabling things and making new games until I figure out what the magic bullet is...

Ahhhhh.

Ā 

Final Edit on this post: I copied my profile fully to a test profile, and started disabling stuff from the bottom up figuring to catch it faster as it was probably an adult mod causing this.Ā  Turns out to be some kind of interaction with Toys and Tentacles.Ā  When that mod is in the load order with BDH, AAF will load but when I press Home and then Enter I can't get an actor list.Ā  As soon as I remove T&T, it all works fine.Ā  I realized when I hit upon that, I hadn't updated T&T to the latest version.Ā  So I did that, grabbed the January files, and came up with the same result.Ā  Leave it to me to find an obscure incompatibility ;) So I have no idea exactly why this occurs, could be something not meshing quite right between the XML files?Ā  I haven't used the Toys mod yet, so I'll leave it off while I do the testing for my Piper mod and then we'll go from there.Ā  But for now... I need a break from troubleshooting.

?

Edited by Marg597
Not quite as stumped now.
On 12/14/2021 at 5:46 PM, MrNicoras said:

Is there an easy way to add Heather Casdin as a Domme companion?Ā  I used this mod with Companion Ivy with no problem or editing whatsoever, but I can't get it to work with Heather.

Which version of Ivy? I have v6, but can't seem to get Ivy to work with BDH :/

Just now, MrNicoras said:

Have you approached her wearing Devious Devices and asked her to remove them?Ā  (just making sure.)

Because if so, then you likely have something that's conflicting with BDH and blocking dialogue.Ā  On that note, do you have BDH dialogue enabled in MCM?

6 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

Have you approached her wearing Devious Devices and asked her to remove them?Ā  (just making sure.)

I've tried, but I get no dialogue option to ask for help.

Ā 

6 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

Because if so, then you likely have something that's conflicting with BDH and blocking dialogue.Ā  On that note, do you have BDH dialogue enabled in MCM?

I don't have any dialogue mods like XDI installed.

46 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

I've tried, but I get no dialogue option to ask for help.

Ā 

I don't have any dialogue mods like XDI installed.

Doesn't have to be XDI.Ā  Besides, I'm running XDI also, with no issues.Ā  You've got something blocking BDH dialogue from working with IVY.Ā  First, I would make sure BDH is working generally by trying it on another companion, like Piper or Cait.Ā  If BDH works with them, then your problem is a conflict with Ivy and something else.Ā  If you can't get BDH to work with any female companion, then your problem is with BDH and something else.Ā  Ā Use the FO4Edit Quick Conflict Check feature to look for mod conflicts.Ā 

12 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

Doesn't have to be XDI.Ā  Besides, I'm running XDI also, with no issues.Ā  You've got something blocking BDH dialogue from working with IVY.Ā  First, I would make sure BDH is working generally by trying it on another companion, like Piper or Cait.Ā  If BDH works with them, then your problem is a conflict with Ivy and something else.Ā  If you can't get BDH to work with any female companion, then your problem is with BDH and something else.Ā  Ā Use the FO4Edit Quick Conflict Check feature to look for mod conflicts.Ā 

Didn't work with Piper. I re-installed BDH and Piper worked, but not Ivy. Deactivated my Bash patch and Ivy works now :)

4 hours ago, ebbluminous said:

Didn't work with Piper. I re-installed BDH and Piper worked, but not Ivy. Deactivated my Bash patch and Ivy works now :)

Glad you got it figured out.Ā  I've heard more bad than good with using Bash with AAF mods, so you're probably better off without it.Ā  Now go get bossed around by an android. Cyborg. Whatever.Ā 

I really wanted to try Kinky Kollars since it's one of the mods the helper can pick from, but I had some neck skin clipping.Ā  So I figured out how to fix it by making the collar slightly larger using Outfit Studio and wrote up some instructions on the Kinky Kollars support thread in case anyone is interested.

Ā 

Ā 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, fonixphoenix said:

i was playing today and i noticed that my companion (Ivy V6) who has helped me with devices and has made me do....things....is no longer working , she won't trigger events and won't help me with devices, I tried resetting events, resetting npcs, but nothing is working. anyone had this problem?

Ā 

I've had the mod completely stop working mid play-through and nothing I did would fix it.Ā  But here are some things to double check.Ā  If these things don't fix it, don't remove the mod.Ā  Just leave it and continue or start a new game.Ā  (Removing mods during a save file will break the save file 99.99999% of the time.)

Ā 

1. Check the mcm to lower the 5 timers in Misc section -> Block events when player is busy... to 0

2. if you set up the hotkey to block events, try pressing it again and you'll see the status pop up as a brief message in the upper left corner

Ā 

If your busy sliders were not at zero, hang around in game for a minute or 2 without doing anything and see if you can get the dialogue to show up from Ivy.Ā  Should should say something out loud about your devices and then you can talk to her about them.Ā  If she doesn't... then it might be broken for now.Ā  Try and go up to a different NPC and see if they talk to you about them in case it's just Ivy that has an issue.

36 minutes ago, POLE7645 said:

Can't seem to find any dance animation that this mod can use. Does anyone know any?

Ā 

Did you follow the guide to install AAF?Ā  I don't recall which animation pack specifically has dances,Ā  SavageCabbage is maybe 1 of them (Just verified it has at least 2 dances in it, hip shake and twerk).Ā  I have all the animation packs installed except Farelles which uses outdated skeleton.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Marg597
added link for guide oops
19 hours ago, Marg597 said:

Ā 

Did you follow the guide to install AAF?Ā  I don't recall which animation pack specifically has dances,Ā  SavageCabbage is maybe 1 of them (Just verified it has at least 2 dances in it, hip shake and twerk).Ā  I have all the animation packs installed except Farelles which uses outdated skeleton.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Thing is, I already had that pack (albeit, a previous version (2.6)).

Ā 

On the other hand, I have RaceCustomizer because of a race I'm playing. The guide doesn't go into detail as to why it's incompatible. Is that it? Is that why it's not working? Because otherwise, sex animations work just fine.

1 hour ago, POLE7645 said:

Ā 

Thing is, I already had that pack (albeit, a previous version (2.6)).

Ā 

On the other hand, I have RaceCustomizer because of a race I'm playing. The guide doesn't go into detail as to why it's incompatible. Is that it? Is that why it's not working? Because otherwise, sex animations work just fine.

Ā 

You might want to go back through the guide.Ā  Under the Skip/Scrap these Mods/Patches section, it says:

• Race Customizer [Just.. Nope.]

I'd say double check you don't have anything else listed in that section, and go back through your AAF / related mods and be sure to follow the load order as well.Ā  Another common issue is having both patches installed when you should only have UAP unless you have Hardship installed.Ā  But you can also join the AAF Discord if you need further troubleshooting with AAF.Ā  They won't be able to help you get the race customize working though.

I tried to look up keywords, but the search function doesn't seem to be helping, I was hoping to get some clarification on the following:

Ā 

If I keep selecting the option "quit smirking and release me" or "Cut the crap and get me out" options (basically demanding option before or after Piper's offer), will I reach a point where Piper will no longer give my character a choice and be forced to select the Dom/Sub relationship in order to remove the devices? (basically trigger the Dom/Sub via a non-consensual scenario rather than selecting first option twice)

Just wanted to make sure I understand the karma system correctly before I begin grinding negative karma expecting to be working towards a scenario that may not unfold.

Edited by Chupacabra Gonzales
52 minutes ago, Chupacabra Gonzales said:

I tried to look up keywords, but the search function doesn't seem to be helping, I was hoping to get some clarification on the following:

Ā 

If I keep selecting the option "quit smirking and release me" or "Cut the crap and get me out" options (basically demanding option before or after Piper's offer),Ā  will I reach a point where Piper will no longer give my character a choice and be forced to select the Dom/Sub relationship in order to remove the devices? (basically trigger the Dom/Sub via a non-consensual scenario rather than selecting first option twice)

Just wanted to make sure I understand the karma system correctly before I begin grinding negative karma expecting to be working towards a scenario that may not unfold.

It a voluntary agreement to become a sub.

How many people do you need for the Gangbang dominant follower task?

I asked everyone in Diamond city (male + female) and all the roaming security guards outside. More than 60% said they're in, but I'm not sure what's supposed to happen next.

I'm not getting any "BDH - Piper wants to talk to you" notification.

My only guess is that when I first got the assignment from Piper I randomly went through the dialogue option and selected the one that went along the lines of "Can I have my gangbang now?" while I hadn't asked anyone to join yet.
That option is no longer available and is instead replaced by the "Remind me what I'm supposed to do" option. Is this working as intended or did I break the quest?
Ā