Boston Devious Helper ALPHA

14 hours ago, Akor said:

@Tanglin

If you "Ask for help with DD" it will pick a random outcome. (Intended way to ask for help)

The NPC will either help the PC or not. If the NPC decides to help the PC there is a random chance that he/she want a sexual favor for their help.

If you "Demand help with DD" it will guarantee that the NPC will help you and NO task is triggered. (This option is meant if you really just want to get rid of DD asap.)

Have you tried setting both options in the MCM helper section to 100?

This should guarantee that if you "Ask for help" it will remove DD and trigger a task.

One thing though, if you change the setting it will not affect the next NPC you ask, because it has already rolled an outcome for him/her.

But the next NPC you ask after that one should use the new settings.

If it doesn't work, could you maybe uplead a paypurs log? It would help me a lot finding out what is wrong.

With willingness to help and chance of event both set at 100%, I get 

1. with male NPCs, they ask for a naked dance while they masturbate alone or with friends

2. with female NPCs, they ask for my character to masturbate while they watch and cheer, alone or with friends.

Are these the only possible events?

@Gamaramdi

You should be able to equip additional items as long as they don't remove items that were given from your follower. 

@maddadicusrex

To start the follower quest the PC has to be locked in DD, then when you talk to your follower you have a dialog option "Ask for help with DD...". 

This should get the dom/sub quest going.

To trigger DD helper event the PC again has to be locked in DD. When you talk to friendly NPCs you should get a similar dialog where you "Ask for help with DD..." to trigger events.

@Tanglin

No there are more events. But not all are playable right from start. You need to play a bit to get new one, but it shouldn't take too long.

12 minutes ago, Akor said:

@Gamaramdi

You should be able to equip additional items as long as they don't remove items that were given from your follower. 

@maddadicusrex

To start the follower quest the PC has to be locked in DD, then when you talk to your follower you have a dialog option "Ask for help with DD...". 

This should get the dom/sub quest going.

To trigger DD helper event the PC again has to be locked in DD. When you talk to friendly NPCs you should get a similar dialog where you "Ask for help with DD..." to trigger events.

@Tanglin

No there are more events. But not all are playable right from start. You need to play a bit to get new one, but it shouldn't take too long.

Never used DD before in my sex mods. Have toggled them in for Violate and MCG. Guess I need to wait till either mod equips them..

2 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Never used DD before in my sex mods. Have toggled them in for Violate and MCG. Guess I need to wait till either mod equips them..

You can craft them IF you want to try things out faster. Or just get your arse kicked. LOL

@ugibber

Thanks for the log :)

I think I have figured out why gangbang scenes had so many problems. Still working on a fixing this and other things.

I hope to release an update tomorrow, but no promises!

New version will probably require a clean save, at least I would recommend it. I had really weird things happen when I tried to use old saves with the new version :(

Haven't had time to look at adding new content, was busy fixing things, sorry. 

Really would like to get this version stable before adding more bugged stuff ;)

2020-02-13

!!! REQUIRES CLEAN SAVE !!!

• Boston Devious Helper v0.1.6.7z
  • Boston Devious Helper v0.1.6 - Voice.7z

NOTES

If you have SavageCabbages animations installed you also need Patch for animations By Indarello
(or any other patch that allows female actors to take male positions during gangbang animations) or animations will sometimes not start

Fixed

• Several bugs in the SlutWalk quest (dead actor joining events, empty dialog...)
  • Some issues which caused gangbangs getting stuck when starting animations

edited *  Like Darthgoth98 I have animation installed as well as the patch, I go through conversation to the point I reply "let me dance for you now" and my character just stands there.  If after several minutes I walk away the NPC will follow me any/every where but nothing happens. 

[02/14/2020 - 11:51:43PM] New self esteem value: 55.017502
[02/14/2020 - 11:51:46PM] BDH-DEBUG - STATE_HELPER_ACTIVE||[bdh:bdh_helperquest <BDH_HelperQuest (3100D4F1)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:51:46PM] BDH-DEBUG - state_scene_trigger||[bdh:bdh_helpertask_dance <BDH_HelperQuest (3100D4F1)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:51:47PM] BDH-DEBUG - removing bystander [3]: Slave||[bdh:bdh_bystanderquest <BDH_BystanderQuest (3106FBAF)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:39PM] BDH-DEBUG - STATE_SCENE_SETUP||[bdh:bdh_helpertask_dance <BDH_HelperQuest (3100D4F1)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:40PM] BDH-DEBUG - PetraIsBusy (IsInScene)||[BDH:BDH_PlayerAlias <alias BDH_PlayerAlias on quest BDH_Core (310090A0)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:41PM] BDH-DEBUG - PetraIsBusy (IsInScene)||[BDH:BDH_PlayerAlias <alias BDH_PlayerAlias on quest BDH_Core (310090A0)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:42PM] BDH-WARNING - helperRef: [workshopnpcscript < (250AFF43)>]||[bdh:bdh_helpertask_dance <BDH_HelperQuest (3100D4F1)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:43PM] BDH-DEBUG - remove one||[bdh:bdh_helperquest <BDH_HelperQuest (3100D4F1)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:43PM] [DD]: RemoveDevice
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:43PM] BDH-DEBUG - OnItemUnequipped||[bdh:bdh_deviouslib <BDH_LibQuest (3101E7C1)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:43PM] [RaiderPet] DD_Unequipped event
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:43PM] BDH-DEBUG - OnItemUnequipped||[bdh:bdh_deviouslib <BDH_LibQuest (3101E7C1)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:44PM] BDH-DEBUG - OnItemUnequipped||[bdh:bdh_deviouslib <BDH_LibQuest (3101E7C1)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:44PM] BDH-DEBUG - OnItemEquipped||[bdh:bdh_deviouslib <BDH_LibQuest (3101E7C1)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:52:45PM] BDH-DEBUG - STATE_SCENE_START||[bdh:bdh_helpertask_dance <BDH_HelperQuest (3100D4F1)>]
[02/14/2020 - 11:53:08PM] VM is freezing...
[02/14/2020 - 11:53:08PM] VM is frozen
[02/14/2020 - 11:53:08PM] Saving game...
[02/14/2020 - 11:53:08PM] VM is thawing...
[02/14/2020 - 11:53:08PM] VM is freezing...
[02/14/2020 - 11:53:08PM] VM is frozen

Also did I read after first time asking Piper to remove and item, from second time on she may/will require a task ?  For me I just get vanilla options when I talk to her. Like she doesn't acknowledge im wearing any DD.  ** this part has been fixed thanks to reply from izzyknows**

2 hours ago, NIkki1564 said:

I replied dont smurk and remove belt and she did

Do it again, but this time "Beg" for help. If you "demand" help they just remove the DD item/s, snarky comment & walk away.

Since I use Violate and my PC gets bound up on a regular bases, I have BDH set to destroy the DD items upon removal. If I have to clean out my companion's DD items, I dump them on a fresh kill.

IF.. big if, I remember, once an NPC frees you and you reequip the same item/s, the same NPC wont acknowledge you're bound up, even after the timer runs out. If you trash the items and get new, they're happy to take advantage err.. help your PC.

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

Do it again, but this time "Beg" for help. If you "demand" help they just remove the DD item/s, snarky comment & walk away.

Since I use Violate and my PC gets bound up on a regular bases, I have BDH set to destroy the DD items upon removal. If I have to clean out my companion's DD items, I dump them on a fresh kill.

IF.. big if, I remember, once an NPC frees you and you reequip the same item/s, the same NPC wont acknowledge you're bound up, even after the timer runs out. If you trash the items and get new, they're happy to take advantage err.. help your PC.

ahhhh ok  tyvm I will grab new item and see if Piper will acknowledge

update   ty again, that was half the problem, or the start of my problems....when I did it wrong the first time I went and added Cait as a follower thinking it would help but not hurt anything, which seams to be my second mistake that lead to hours of pulling hair.

@Darthgoth98 @NIkki1564

Did you have a pre v0.1.6 version installed? Did it work there?

I can't see anything wrong in your log @NIkki1564

Do any of you have a mod installed that alters/replaces the player character in some way?

@izzyknows

F.. big if, I remember, once an NPC frees you and you reequip the same item/s, the same NPC wont acknowledge you're bound up, even after the timer runs out. If you trash the items and get new, they're happy to take advantage err.. help your PC.

You sure that happend for you? It should not matter if you have the same DD items equipped in a row or ask the same NPC for help again. The only thing I can think of is that some cooldown was active (previous task, sneaking, weapon drawn). That is what might have prevented the dialog from poping up.

I checked the boots thing, as far as I can see this might be a bug in DD. It looks like for some reason it doesn't track boots equipped on the PC... :|

I will see if I can figure out why or how to fix this.

@NIkki1564

So the follower quest works for you now? Does the dance task work with the follower or is it the same as if you ask an NPC for help with DD and get the dance task?

1 hour ago, Akor said:

You sure that happend for you? It should not matter if you have the same DD items equipped in a row or ask the same NPC for help again. The only thing I can think of is that some cooldown was active (previous task, sneaking, weapon drawn). That is what might have prevented the dialog from poping up.

I went back to a save where I first noticed a problem with Piper not showing needed options, (2nd time talking with her while wearing DD) dropped the institute belt she originally helped with, cheated in an iron belt and talked to her again. This time she quickly commented on DD, so it appears it did matter, or picking wrong option on first chat started a "glitch"  I used the please option and everything went as it should with her talking about my character becoming her sub. I used the iron belt with probably 50 npc's trying to find one that wanted me to dance in return for removing DD and had no problem with using exact same device, so not really sure. 

But shortly after that Piper wanted me to dance for her and like before my char just stood there.  I did use the home and enter buttons to bring up AAF menu and character wasnt an option anymore so im guessing AAF had tried to run animation which would explain why my char wasnt showing as available in AAF

Before going back to earlier save I was step by step going through requirements and other forum comments and noticed the animation patch required AAF 1.05 or newer. Having somewhat recently installed AAF I "assumed" I was fine,,,but AAF had updated several times over last few weeks.  I updated everything and hoped that would take care of animation not playing but no such luck....would I need to start another new game for it to work since I updated AAF mid game?

Something else that may matter.....about 2 weeks ago I found a mod I wanted but needed to update FO4 to use, so I did, as well as looks menu, mcm, mirror, etc. That mod and everything else "worked" but I no longer have use of the wasd keys to move camera during animations. too often I have a dental x-ray view.  Is it possible I'm dealing with an AAF issue that is "bleeding" over into the dance animation ??  I dont know which animation this mod is trying to use, but over past few weeks I have used several dance animations with no problems. 

3 hours ago, Akor said:

You sure that happend for you?

Well yeah! I was there!! LOL!! Just kidding. ;)

Yes, it was in a settlement, and it MAAAaaay have been caused by a number of shenanigans that I heard was going on.  Because of that I never bothered to replicate it, and figured if it worked for NIkki1564 then I'd revisit it. or not.

The code is most likely fine, but timers can get proked for a multitude of reasons... none of which are easy (for a player) to figure out. And most are one off glitches or require very unique conditions. LOL!

BTW, I really like the change to the "beg" for help! "that one" really means that "one"! hehehe

@NIkki1564

You say that the AAF menu won't let you select your character when you are stuck in the dance event. Does it show you the PC in a running scene? Or does it show you any error in the AAF admin menu?

I don't think you need to start a new game when updating AAF, at least I never had to do that. But I recently had an issue after updating from an older AAF version with animation not stopping...

If I remember right it was caused by some old AAF animation patch, which was causing issues. Maybe you have a similar problem.

Do you have any AAF animation related patch installed other then AAF - The One Patch to Bang Them All 1.1.1 and Patch for animations by Indarello?

@izzyknows

Ok, I will take a look at it then :)

Yes, it's pretty hard to debug stuff if everything is so random!

Just a fun fact.

I run Violate, Raider Pet & Hardship. IF you loose a fight at a Raider Camp, Violate binds you up & passes off to Raider Pet, a Raider "may" want to have a gangbang/public show (BDH).

At that point when their friends are called to watch.. all hell breaks loose since their "friends" (who are not Raiders) are not in Hardship's White Flag faction. Really fun to watch!

Now the really kool part... through all the chaos and interrupted animations, BDH never breaks and runs to the end. That is freaking awesome!! at least to me. :)

Just never ask a Raider to remove the DD's. They remove the collar... you die. hehehehe

Oh, my workaround is a bat file that adds the selected NPC to the White Flag faction.

1 hour ago, Akor said:

@NIkki1564

You say that the AAF menu won't let you select your character when you are stuck in the dance event. Does it show you the PC in a running scene? Or does it show you any error in the AAF admin menu?

So I just came back to add to what i've found and you may have hit it.....I even started new game and had animation problems. Figured out how to look further into aaf, found the admin section and yes  over 300 errors.  missing Ssex.esp and V's stylish decor 2 covered the whole first page.   So guess im off to AAF for a bit and see what I can figure out.

while tinkering today it appeared that mistress doesn't remove restrictive boots or collars ? I had 4 items on and she removed belt and nipple piercings but not boots or collar.  Not sure it isnt from 300+ aaf errors messing with game, just curios.