Boston Devious Helper ALPHA

Had an interesting bug occur.

I had Cait as my mistress in Diamond City. My PC was wearing a devious device at the time, and I hadn't quite figured out how the mod works yet. For some reason, when I fast traveled to Red Rocket, Cait didn't come with me. And when I returned to Diamond City, she'd completely disappeared.

10 minutes ago, bloodwolf9325 said:

Had an interesting bug occur.

I had Cait as my mistress in Diamond City. My PC was wearing a devious device at the time, and I hadn't quite figured out how the mod works yet. For some reason, when I fast traveled to Red Rocket, Cait didn't come with me. And when I returned to Diamond City, she'd completely disappeared.

Yes, they don't teleport. I don't usually use fast travel, so i forgot to mention it.

1 hour ago, ugibber said:

Yes, they don't teleport. I don't usually use fast travel, so i forgot to mention it.

Yeah I've had to use moveto player several times. Also, FT then enter an interior cell seems to work too, or just move to another cell and they seem to pop in. Lazy shits! LOL

Ā 

@Akor
The pillory seems to be working now. Bloody LOVE it! ???
If I might make a suggestion, gathering all the actors right off it, would make the scenes go a lot better. And if one has the sound turned down/off, it can be mistaken for an infinite loading screen. Violate does this and has them clapping/cheering... would be pretty kool with the pillory scene. :)

Ā 

How do you trigger the gang bang? I got everyone in the Dugout Inn to agree to join then talked to Piper and the only option was About my task.. or cancel it.

Ā 

Edit:
It triggered the the 2nd time.. and WOW! :)

The first time I got the task was in the middle of nowhere and FT'd to DC, which I think is what broke the quest.

@bloodwolf9325Ā @ugibberĀ @izzyknows

Ā 

Companion not traveling:

Should be fixed with v0.1.4!Ā 

Ā 

Pillory Scene:

I improved the pillory scene a bit so it should now start more reliable.

Passive NPCs will now animate during the pillory scene (clap, cheer).

Ā 

@izzyknows

Gangbang Scene:

Did you not get the dialog option to start the scene or did you get the option but nothing happend?

Do you have papyrus logs on,Ā couldĀ you upload a log of when this occured?

Ā 

Pillory:

The first version of the pillory scene was starting the animation and gathering the spectators at the same time. The scene would start fast but positioning of the spectators was often awful :(

So I changed it to first start the animation wait for it to run and then position the spectators around the player. It takes longer this way but positioning is much better now.

I noticed it takes severalĀ seconds sometimes, it is really difficult to get it right...

I will try to improve it in the future a bit!Ā ;)

Ā 

Ā 

@Akor

I had Stockton want to gangbang my PC, it faded to black and stuck. I F5, F9 and seen that BDH spawned a dead DC Guard which mucked things up. Sooo being the dumb arse I am, I just went about killing shite for about 5hrs.... instead of reloading an earlier save.

Now BDH is not working at all.

Is there a quest I can reset to get it working again?

Ā 

For me, it's not a big deal. I'll just reload a save or start a new run. But it would be handy to be able to "reset" BDH just in case.

Ā 

Oh, one issue I noticed with the gangbang (or multi actors) is, IF one of the NPC's is a quest giver (settlement needs help/kidnapping) it will get stuck on the black screen because the NPC is waiting for a response from the PC.

Or during a scene change an NPC might trigger the Slut Walk dialogue.

@tualmaril

Current plan is to add some functionality so everyone can add his/her own outfits, like some people suggested. Not sure how/when I get this done though. So I just may add it to the current outfits system.

Ā 

thekite's stuff looks really amazing, I already have an Idea to use them for something I have planed in the future. Thanks for bringing this to my attention :)

Ā 

Ā 

@izzyknows

Oh sh**. I thought I put IsDead checks everywhere :(

Was the DC Guard alive shortly before the event?

Did you invite the guard to the event or was the guard auto picked?

Ā 

You should be able to talk to the person who started the event and cancel the task/event via dialog. Does this not work, or was the guard the person who initiated the event?

Ā 

I don't think restarting an individual quest would work :(

I will add an option/commandĀ to reset ongoing events.

Ā 

I was aware of the dialog issue,Ā  I thought put some script in do prevent these issues. At least I thought I did, will check why it is not working!

Ā 

Ā 

8 hours ago, Akor said:

Oh sh**. I thought I put IsDead checks everywhere :(

Was the DC Guard alive shortly before the event?

Did you invite the guard to the event or was the guard auto picked?

Ā 

You should be able to talk to the person who started the event and cancel the task/event via dialog. Does this not work, or was the guard the person who initiated the event?

I'm guessing the DC Guard was a past customer that I killed, because I only had 1 encounter with a guard and I popped his head afterwords. LOL

And he was auto picked. The event was in Starlight and started by a settler.
Ā 

The thing is, when an event gets stuck (honestly stuck) in the black screen you have no control. Quick Save/Load will break the black screen, release the player and totally FUBAR the event. Meaning there is no longer dialogue options with the event starter and the event starter just follows your PC around until you leave the area.

Although doing that totally screws the save, it does allow you to see what/why things went south. But is very bad otherwise.

Ā 

I have fade to black turned off in AAF, so I could debug a couple animations that were hanging. (got them fixed just never turned it back on) But BDH overrides that setting, which is fine and I like it! Just sucks for debugging. hehehehe
Ā 

Yeah, a command to reset/clear events would be great! Even if it's rarely needed. :)

Ā 

Other than that, I've got an issue with Atomic Spanking S3 Spank FF loop not animating.... as of v1.3. Hasn't triggered yet in v1.4.

I'm using Atomic Lust v2.6.1b and they play manually or when a mod calls them. Thought about fiddling with the xml... but having to much fun playing! hehehe!!

Ā 

Sorry for the rambling!

2020-02-09

• Boston Devious Helper v0.1.5.zip

Added

• Command to reset ongoing events in case something bugs out.
    • You can call the command through the MCM or console.
    • It will cancel all ongoing events and hopefully reset everything to a state where you can continue playing.
    • MCM ->Ā Boston Devious Helper -> Misc -> Commands -> Reset all events
    • Console ->Ā `Set BDH_CMD to 911`

Changed

• Optimized some scripts to make certain scenes start more reliable (gangbang + pillory)

Fixed

• Spanking animation should now always loop

Ā 

@izzyknows

I haven't figured out yet why the dead guard was picked for the event. Or was he killed after the event started?

Ā 

Ramble on! ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Hello,

Ā 

First, I really enjoy your mod. It definitely adds some kink to the companion in a very immersive way.

Ā 

I still have one question though... for me, the gangbang scenes tend mess in the middle (from the point I get a dialogue prompt "neutral, positive, negative, question?", then all I get is a full black screen with the loading icon in the bottom right corner... ). So my question is: will the other events still trigger and heppen, even if I manage to avoid the gangbang scenes ? Or does it require at least one gangbang scene to finish to move forward and have new events or tasks happening ?

Ā 

PS: I will still give a try, but so far I still had the issue, even with latest version. All others features and events work like a charm thougfh.

Ā 

Thanks again for sharing your work here, cheers !

Hi @LipoCH

Ā 

'in the middle' you mean after one gangbang scene/round ended and it switches actors?

Do you literally get "neutral, positive, negative, question?" dialog options, what happens if you pick one of these (what does the NPC respond, is it related to BDH or maybe dialog from another mod)?

Ā 

From which actor do you get this dialog, the one which started the gangbang or a guest?

Ā 

Do all gangbangs events bug out for you or only specific ones (follower/mistress, helper, slutwalk)?

Ā 

Any chance you could upload a papyrus log?

Ā 

Sorry, lots of questions. ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Yes, if you don't complete a event you won't be able to unlock/play the next event type in the list...

Ā 

Ā 

3 hours ago, Akor said:

'in the middle' you mean after one gangbang scene/round ended and it switches actors?

Do you literally get "neutral, positive, negative, question?" dialog options, what happens if you pick one of these (what does the NPC respond, is it related to BDH or maybe dialog from another mod)?

I can verify this.

It's very random, once during a gangbang, couple times just a random NPC, and is a question to something like "slut walk". (The NPC is asking "slut walk") And the dialogue options are neutral, positive, negative, question.

I forget what the NPC's response is, but nothing results, ie: they just walk away.

Just thought it was a leftover test/debug dialogue.

Ā 

About 99% sure it's from BDH. The first time I seen it BDH was the only new mod I had installed.

8 hours ago, Akor said:

I haven't figured out yet why the dead guard was picked for the event. Or was he killed after the event started?

He was dead at the first fade to black, which stuck. The event was inside a structure, so it's not like the game glitched and spawned him 2000 units in the air. LOL

Ā 

HAH! Still have a papyrus log with a stuck event. Not sure "why" it loaded into the event...but anyway...it's a big one. hehe

Papyrus.3.log

3 hours ago, Akor said:

Hi @LipoCH

Ā 

Ā 

From which actor do you get this dialog, the one which started the gangbang or a guest?

Ā 

Do all gangbangs events bug out for you or only specific ones (follower/mistress, helper, slutwalk)?

Ā 

Any chance you could upload a papyrus log?

Ā 

Sorry, lots of questions. ;)

Ā 

Ā 

Yes, if you don't complete a event you won't be able to unlock/play the next event type in the list...

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hi, Thanks for the quick response.

Ā 

So here is what I can say so far...

Ā 

1. yes I mean I get the prompt usually after the second or the third scene in the gangbang. But sometimes I do not get any prompt and the gangbang still fails after the third scene, most of the time.

2. Yes I literally get the options as I wrote them above, but even if I have the chance to pick one, the next scene tries to load anyway and I get the black screen. Idem if I do not pick any option.

3. The prompt is related to the slut walk, from what I understand. I get a very quick message that says someting like that (will try to copy the exact words next time)

4. This dialog is initiated by one of the actors around, after one of the scene, not necessarily the initiator and not the companion.

5. Every gangbang event fails at some point, except the gangbang initiated by the companion (mistress) that worked fine. And yes it took me to the next stage with mistress... not my cup of tea actually.

6. I am not sure what you mean by papyrus, is it the debug text for AAF ? (hard to get it, since my screen turns black during the event)

Ā 

I have used other mods with AAF before (Violate, Raider pet, ...) and I never had any issue before., I think it's properly installed.

Ā 

I'm sorry to hear about the other events being blocked but I understand, it makes sense for the logic of your mod.

Ā 

Could it be a specific AAF file I did not load in the right order ? Or something to do with NPC's joining and messing with the actions ?

Ā 

Bye.

Ā 

I found this weird/empty dialog. It was from slutwalk, something I forgot to delete :(

Also found some other issues with slutwalk events in general...

Ā 

@LipoCH

Don't worry about the papyrus log, what you wrote already helps me where/what to look for.

It is not an issue with your load order, Its just me being bad at writing scripts ;)

I will try to figure out what exactly is wrong and fix it.

Ā 

@izzyknows

Thanks for the logs, helps a lot!

Ā 

I have the chance for an event with NPC helpers set to 100%, then walked up to them to ask for help. With the more polite dialogue option, they may or may not help and always endĀ with an insult. With the dialogue option that demands help, they seem to always help and don't end with an insult. Is this working as intended? There does not seem to be any events with NPC helpers.

@Tanglin

Ā 

If you "Ask for help with DD" it will pick a random outcome. (Intended way to ask for help)

The NPC will either help the PC or not. If the NPC decides to help the PC there is a random chance that he/she want a sexual favor for their help.

Ā 

If you "Demand help with DD" it will guarantee that the NPC will help you and NO task is triggered. (This option is meant if you really just want to get rid of DD asap.)

Ā 

Have you tried setting both options in the MCM helper section to 100?

This should guarantee that if you "Ask for help" it will remove DD and trigger a task.

Ā 

One thing though, if you change the setting it will not affect the next NPC you ask, because it has already rolled an outcome for him/her.

But the next NPC you ask after that one should use the new settings.

Ā 

If it doesn't work, could you maybe uplead a paypurs log? It would help me a lot finding out what is wrong.

Ā 

Ā 

@izzyknows

Nice :)

at least something is working for now :D

Ā 

On 2/3/2020 at 2:44 PM, Oldwolf58 said:

OK first off let me say great mod idea, I'm using it but found a conflict with Raider pet. When you are told to go speak with someone (the boss or lucky) you can't get the mod lines from them without disabling your mod and the only way to do that is to exit the game and disable it since you don't have an mcm toggle to enable/disable the mod. Might be something you want to look into. I even tried the option line let's talk about something else but it simply ended the conversation and when I attempted to talk to them again I got the same lines for your mod. I like the mod and will continue to follow and use it. Keep up the good work!

I'll check that out too and report back asap