Boston Devious Helper ALPHA

8 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Or have them release you and then give you the keys so you can release them.... or not. LOL Which would be nice because you wouldn't end up with a bunch of keys.

Violate takes the DD keys anyway, and since using BDH, I never bother looting them, unless I have a companion.

Just found out that if you're using a Pip-Boy hider, it conflicts with the bra's from Lacy & Sporty underwear. Took me 10 minutes to figure out the issue, & 2 minutes to fix it. hehehehe

I've always been a fan of the potential broken keys, after use. That Skyrim Devious Devices uses, that stops you having a gazillion devious device keys in stock. That is not in the Fallout 4 devious devices MCM.

3 hours ago, Krazyone said:

I've always been a fan of the potential broken keys, after use. That Skyrim Devious Devices uses, that stops you having a gazillion devious device keys in stock. That is not in the Fallout 4 devious devices MCM.

I've never been a fan of keys... I either have too many so DD don't matter or I have none and my character is stuck in DD forever...

That's why I made this mod! :tounge_xd:

7 hours ago, Akor said:

Is that the bug where the Pip-Boy disappears?

No, This is just a conflict with the underwear mods. Both use slot 61, so equipping a bra will unequip the Pip-Boy.

I've had mods that would remove it. Fusion City will/did do it if choosing the "Dare" while trying to buy Piper's printing press.

equipitem 21b3b has never failed to fix the issue. LOL

Finally got the Pillory to fail! :)  After about 7 successful runs. LOL

Papyrus.0.log

Part of the problem was there was a fight going on outside Starlight (didn't trigger the settlers) which apparently involved one of the "imported" actors.

I ran kah and about 3 seconds later the scene started and the rest of the task played out fine.

@Akor Is there a way to stop the Whore Out quest from overriding all dialogue? Basically talking to any NPC results in the Whore Out dialogue, it should only trigger when talking to the quest target NPC's. Of course no scene triggers with non quest NPC's.

Also, I really like how it will pick targets from Nuka World & Far Harbor. A LOT more fun than confining it to the Commonwealth. :)

I know it uses past participants. lol

@izzyknows

* Pillory

It looks like it took a couple of seconds for the pillory script to proceed after the trigger-dialog. Probably because of the combat thing going on?!

And then it could not find a pillory device, did you maybe walk away from it during that time?...

* Dialog

The dialog has a condition to be only available to quest NPCs...

I guess there must be an event which doesn't clean up its actors properly when it is finished and they are still members of the quest faction....

I'm not sure which event(s) are causing this but I will add something to make sure all actors are cleaned up properly...

4 hours ago, Akor said:

* Pillory

It looks like it took a couple of seconds for the pillory script to proceed after the trigger-dialog. Probably because of the combat thing going on?!

And then it could not find a pillory device, did you maybe walk away from it during that time?...

I've had that problem before. Standing next to a pillory that has been used many times before and AAF would not recognize it till it was picked & placed.

I have had BDH not pick one up too. Standing with it between the PC & companion.. Where's the Pillory.. moving a floor tile away from it & BDH picked it up.

Maybe my PC shouldn't wear such slutty outfits. BDH & AAF are just mesmerized by the slootyness. hehehhe

@Akor

Found a looping bug. Early game, Pillory task: Couldn't find enough actors... went into a loop spamming the log.

Seems there needs to be a check to stop/reset the task... or not allow the scene to start. Like if it cannot find a Pillory.

I just took a snippet of the log. Didn't figure you needed 2 mb. of the same errors. ;)

Edit: There were no actors for the script to find. (settlement was empty)

BDH.txt

Hello Akor

I have a little problem either of understanding or your mod which does not work correctly on my installation

here is the problem

when i am with devious devices when i ask someone i have 4 dialog options of which 2 are for asking for help:
at this stage if I understood correctly:

-ask ....> ask for help but with consequences
or
-help .... ask for help without consequences

However if I do "ask or help" the npc only says ok I will help you and remove the DD devices

Is it normal ?

1 hour ago, Akor said:

@izzyknows

Yes, you are right. It loops there forever =(

I will fix it asap!

One question though, did you not play any events involving other NPCs to this point? Because it should try to use those first and then try to add NPCs in proximity...

Yes I did. they involved 1 male, and a bunch of females encounters. I FT to Starlight (all female settlers) and ran it again.. worked fine. Seems if there has been at least 3 male encounters, then it plays out just fine, pulling them from long distance, and will be a mix of male & female.

But like a few folks, my game is populated with mostly female NPC's, so it takes some time to have encounters with male NPC's.

Oh... just remembered. Dogmeat needs to be excluded from the Pillory scene. (unless there's an animation for him) Only had it happen once, so for me, it was a super rare occurrence.

@hkheung

Hi ?

Ask for help = Random outcome

~33% Chance the NPC will not help the PC

~33% Chance the NPC will help the PC for free (without asking for sexual favor )

~33% Chance the NPC will help the PC but requests a sexual favor from the PC

You can adjust the percentages for asking in the MCM -> Boston Devious Helper -> Helper menu.

Demand help = NPC will always remove all DD and NOT ask for any sexual favour.

@silentj@web.de

Thanks for the log, I will check it asap. Does the 'Gathering' show up in the AAF menu? Or do you mean in general when BDH trying to start a scene?

@izzyknows

It should not matter if male/female. At least for the pillory. Only the contest event needs male... 

Yes, you are right dogmeat should not be added to pillory scenes :D

On 2/22/2020 at 1:04 PM, Akor said:

I've never been a fan of keys... I either have too many so DD don't matter or I have none and my character is stuck in DD forever...

That's why I made this mod! :tounge_xd:

1. I one hundred % agree.  The keys are sometime only achievable with console, and finding a crafting device can also be a pain especially in a new game. Also some mod's went out of there way to force you to acquire multiple key's to remove one item ( really bothersome to me) . 

2. I have seen mods that try to set up some way of cutting them off, in Skyrim, but they also lack some reasonable implementation, and were normally used to only remove generic items, which could leave you stuck in a quest item.

3. Having a follower that can remove them is a nice addition, but I do not always use (actually seldom use followers, except in mods like devious follower's, and this one.)

4. DD devices are some what of a game stopper in many way's.  The reasonably recent addition of the remove all in the DD mod's has been helpful.

5. It is a somewhat hard to tackle problem if the player want's to be over powered by them then it is okay, but many players like to role play for awhile, and then stop role playing when it becomes to game bothersome, but they also hate to muck up there quest, and removing sometimes can do that.

6. I thought Kenjoka had the best implementation of forced removal in Slaverun, where you could selectively pick and choose what item's to remove in the MCM cheat menu.  

7. It is a tough thing to find and agreeable solution that makes everyone happy.

8. I am the role play type, enjoy it until it starts over powering the game, and then I want rid of them.

thank you for your response akor

maybe you could consider adding an option to match this scenario

in the commonwhealth -----> ask help with possible hard consequences (sexuals relations ...)
in the colonies or safe places like diamond city ... ----> Demand without consequences or consequent but simple like a dance or a streaptease or other ?

and could you integrate plug of the commonwealth + potc patch dd by tehuti181 ?

cordially

26 minutes ago, hkheung said:

and could you integrate plug of the commonwealth + potc patch dd by tehuti181 ?

BDH is already able to remove Plugs of the Commonwealth devices if you have tehuti181's patch installed, since the patch turns them into proper Devious Devices with all the keywords.

However, I am not sure whether BDH can equip the plugs if the patch is installed.  The code in AAF Violate that handles PoTC checks for the DD keywords on the plugs, and will use the DD equip routine if the device has them, otherwise it simply equips them like normal clothing.

8 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

BDH is already able to remove Plugs of the Commonwealth devices if you have tehuti181's patch installed, since the patch turns them into proper Devious Devices with all the keywords.

However, I am not sure whether BDH can equip the plugs if the patch is installed.  Violate's code that handles PoTC checks for the DD keywords and will use the DD equip routine if the device has them, otherwise it simply equips them like normal clothing.

hello ego and thank you for the answer

I made this request because in my game I have been equipped by your mod with a "milk bottle" Plug
however impossible to remove it via BDH, the dialog does not start, hence my question

3 minutes ago, hkheung said:

hello ego and thank you for the answer

I made this request because in my game I have been equipped by your mod with a "milk bottle" Plug
however impossible to remove it via BDH, the dialog does not start, hence my question

Strange, it works for me.  I have tehuti181's patch installed.  Even with only the plug and no other devious devices equipped, the BDH dialog starts and the plug gets removed.

Make sure you do not have BDH's slot 54 PotC patch installed, as that would conflict with tehuti181's patch.

24 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Strange, it works for me.  I have tehuti181's patch installed.  Even with only the plug and no other devious devices equipped, the BDH dialog starts and the plug gets removed.

Make sure you do not have BDH's slot 54 PotC patch installed, as that would conflict with tehuti181's patch.

no i don't have BDH's slot 54 PotC patch installed , i use slot 57

@silentj@web.de

There is an error message in the log where AAF states it is not able to lock an actor. Not sure what this exactly means, but I will see if I can find out what is wrong. Does this happen for you with all events/animations or only specific ones?

@hkheung

Originally I wanted things to be depended on location, but it was difficult to do so I dropped the idea for now. I might implemented mechanics like this in the future, no promises thought ;)

The dialog to remove DD does not start with neither the Follower or NPC when you have the milk bottle plug equipped? Is it only the milk bottle or all plugs in general?

@EgoBallistic

However, I am not sure whether BDH can equip the plugs if the patch is installed. 

If the formId has not changed BDH will probably equip the plug.

The problem I see with that is once you have a DD item equipped it will block companion& slutwalk events.

But if you remove the plug you will be missing an item from the outfit which will also prevent slutwalk event from triggering...

So basically this would prevent anyone from triggering/playing slutwalk events :(