Fusion Girl or CBBE?

I also have a question: I used Fusion Girl but I had an issue with a feature of Family Planing Expanded. After a pregnancy the "lasting" body effects make the breast change their shape (good) and you body becomes more fat but the shape becomes clippy/buggy/unnatural around the waist butt area. SO I went back to CBBE.

Does anyone have experience with this? 

Also if someone has some textures for larger areolas for me that would be nice.

7 hours ago, Loller99 said:

Sorry to necro this thread, but i am trying to make fusion girl work, but i cannot defeat the rear neck mismatch issue. AM i missing something?

EDIT: 100% confirmed it is caused by ''Fusion Girl'' as the issue disappeared when i disabled it

You can use the CBBE NPC HeadRear Fix Remake mod to fix the neck color issue. If you want to remove all other seams from the fusion girl body (neck and wrists) you need to use CBBEs basic textures and manually add the genital textures to them with GIMP or something similar.

• 5 months later...

Alright, I'm looking at switching from CBBE to FG and I have a couple of questions before I do so (don't wanna break everything again...).

1. Do I need to remove CBBE itself or simply disable it?

2. Can I use CBBE clothing files with FG?

3. Is FG better suited to pregnant belly rendering at larger sizes than CBBE?  I'm looking to avoid that 'torpedo' shape at morph power 11...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 3:31 AM, amenshawn said:

Alright, I'm looking at switching from CBBE to FG and I have a couple of questions before I do so (don't wanna break everything again...).

1. Do I need to remove CBBE itself or simply disable it?

2. Can I use CBBE clothing files with FG?

3. Is FG better suited to pregnant belly rendering at larger sizes than CBBE?  I'm looking to avoid that 'torpedo' shape at morph power 11...

Remove/disable.

Yes, you can but they will deform, you need to use FG bodyslides for whatever version of FG you use (they launched a new body that needs the old FG tweaked in a minor way).

Yes, FG is significantly better, so much so that CBBE is rubbery by comparison (and I use CBBE as I am running a wabbajack install and CBA switching it out).

One thing I wish the Fusion Girl modders would learn is the lesson of betamax vs VHS video recorder war from the 80s. Sony Betamax had better tech, but shorter video recording and were wiped out by the cheaper, inferior but longer playing VHS standard.

Why? Because VHS, although worse in many ways, had more films on offer, full length on 1 tape, and was cheaper. Fusion girl is in danger of losing out to the VHS CBBE, as they have more outfits and it doesn't need bodyslide edits since ... years ago. despite being measurably worse by every body metric..... I want FG to win, as it is better, but it is going to lose as it is playing a betamax game.

18 minutes ago, blahblahblah98 said:

One thing I wish the Fusion Girl modders would learn is the lesson of betamax vs VHS video recorder war from the 80s. Sony Betamax had better tech, but shorter video recording and were wiped out by the cheaper, inferior but longer playing VHS standard.

Why? Because VHS, although worse in many ways, had more films on offer, full length on 1 tape, and was cheaper. Fusion girl is in danger of losing out to the VHS CBBE, as they have more outfits and it doesn't need bodyslide edits since ... years ago. despite being measurably worse by every body metric..... I want FG to win, as it is better, but it is going to lose as it is playing a betamax game.

Lol you just use what you want, dont care about others, everybody choose what they prefer

3 minutes ago, blahblahblah98 said:

You don't have a choice if you want the best of both worlds of outfits or animation. That is my whiny complaint, and I get it is just whiny.

You do have a choice and can have both if you lend a hand to help develop or port armors and such over to FG ;) No excuse on not knowing, there are tutorials and many mod authors on this site if you run into a problem. Might be a pain for a bit but once you learn you can convert over all the mods to what you want. With or without permissions (provided for personal use) Your cake and eat it too.  But you have to work for it. This in case you haven't figured out.. isn't happening for FG currently so that is the reason it is loosing to the VHS body. Chip in and help .. or as @Indarello stated just use what you want.

16 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

You do have a choice and can have both if you lend a hand to help develop or port armors and such over to FG ;) No excuse on not knowing, there are tutorials and many mod authors on this site if you run into a problem. Might be a pain for a bit but once you learn you can convert over all the mods to what you want. With or without permissions (provided for personal use) Your cake and eat it too.  But you have to work for it. This in case you haven't figured out.. isn't happening for FG currently so that is the reason it is loosing to the VHS body. Chip in and help .. or as @Indarello stated just use what you want.

But you have to work for it.

Which is why I gave up on FG and use wabbajack installs. I do not have the time, but it still makes me annoyed to see a format war. As a user, it isn't about choice - the idea multiple non-compatible bodies is good is not true, compatible body shapes is good, conflicting bodies is bad. It balkanises the work of everyone.

Yep you have to work for it. Just like the people that have done these projects from bodies to armors. They made the choice on what was going to be done,distributed it. I am sorry it isn't about the user. It is about the author. The author decides what is going to be done and what direction it will go in. 

The user is only important in what the game studios do (buying power) or if someone is using Patron or something similar. Sad but true. Complain about it if you wish but that won't change a thing.  Your only other choice is to see if someone working on a project that you are interested in has a patron or something similar and contribute $$$ to that project. Oh, and hope he / she / they deliver.

Years ago, that was a different matter, greater care was given to make it more complete and comparable. Those days have long gone.

Hate to do this here, but original mod is locked.  Having serious issue with Fusion Girl.  Installed the 1.75 with the physics files.  With or without the physics files enabled i get a huge amount of distortion in the female body.  Moving, jumping anything i do the body just completely distorts and looks terrible.

•  
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 4:23 AM, tbcollins said:

Hate to do this here, but original mod is locked.  Having serious issue with Fusion Girl.  Installed the 1.75 with the physics files.  With or without the physics files enabled i get a huge amount of distortion in the female body.  Moving, jumping anything i do the body just completely distorts and looks terrible.

•  
  •  

I feel your pain, some time ago I used an earlier version of Fusion Girl and it was fine, things worked.  Didn't have enough outfits as the others but there was enough for me.  Then I come back with a fresh install of the game and Fusion Girl 1.75 and it was a mess. Looks fine in Body Slide but turned into a blimp in the game. Seriously ballooned up way out of shape. So I switched to CBBE and it was fine except for the bad knees. But, I switched back again, I do like Fusion Girl better but no luck. Though now, she looks fine in the game except during sex she puts on a lot of weight in the thighs, ass and breasts.  Be like a real world gain of 40 lbs or so. So it is going to have something to do with AAF or the animation meshes.

12 hours ago, Malphias said:

I feel your pain, some time ago I used an earlier version of Fusion Girl and it was fine, things worked.  Didn't have enough outfits as the others but there was enough for me.  Then I come back with a fresh install of the game and Fusion Girl 1.75 and it was a mess. Looks fine in Body Slide but turned into a blimp in the game. Seriously ballooned up way out of shape. So I switched to CBBE and it was fine except for the bad knees. But, I switched back again, I do like Fusion Girl better but no luck. Though now, she looks fine in the game except during sex she puts on a lot of weight in the thighs, ass and breasts.  Be like a real world gain of 40 lbs or so. So it is going to have something to do with AAF or the animation meshes.

I'm working on a patch for  AAF to not do that. If you have Bodygen installed, please just uninstall that for now (The issue of the player sometimes getting randomized is something that happens at random and should disappear on reloading a save, but sometimes does not, I'm unsure why or what I can do to fix it). You don't need it for any mods like FPE or such and it causes issues if you're choosing to build in bodyslide.  

If you're having distortion with the latest bones. I have mentioned it before and I think in the skeleton main page, Please uninstall ALL other skeleton mods, and only install the latest ZeX. Do not allow ZeX to override. I noted that on MO2 users, that having other skeletons installed and overriden by ZeX caused numerous issues I can't explain & NMM isn't known to handle installs or uninstalls or even overriding too well. 

23 minutes ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

I'm working on a patch for  AAF to not do that. If you have Bodygen installed, please just uninstall that for now (The issue of the player sometimes getting randomized is something that happens at random and should disappear on reloading a save, but sometimes does not, I'm unsure why or what I can do to fix it). You don't need it for any mods like FPE or such and it causes issues if you're choosing to build in bodyslide.  

If you're having distortion with the latest bones. I have mentioned it before and I think in the skeleton main page, Please uninstall ALL other skeleton mods, and only install the latest ZeX. Do not allow ZeX to override. I noted that on MO2 users, that having other skeletons installed and overriden by ZeX caused numerous issues I can't explain & NMM isn't known to handle installs or uninstalls or even overriding too well. 

Uninstalled and reinstalled without selecting BodyGen this time. That worked. She no longer puts on a weight gain.  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2020 at 6:14 AM, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Just encountered the same bug myself after updating to 1.8. Except my character probably gained like 80lbs instead ?.

Did you ever fix this? If not, isn't it because AAF creates a copy of the player every time it starts sex animation with the player involved? NPCs don't have this problem. But for whatever reason, AAF will use a clone of the player actor and use that for its animation. My guess is for smoother camera movement. And when a clone is created, your bodygen probably slaps it with a randomized slider values. 

To avoid it, you'd just add a condition to check that the actor's name does not equal the player name when applying bodygen. It's not perfect since that means NPCs who share the exact same name as the player won't get randomized. But what are the chances of that happening? And even if it does happen, as long as the player isn't named something like "settler", the impact would be miniscule. This is how I handle player AAF sex clone in my mod for counting how many NPCs observed the player having sex. 

On 1/6/2021 at 11:34 PM, twistedtrebla said:

Just encountered the same bug myself after updating to 1.8. Except my character probably gained like 80lbs instead ?.

Did you ever fix this? If not, isn't it because AAF creates a copy of the player every time it starts sex animation with the player involved? NPCs don't have this problem. But for whatever reason, AAF will use a clone of the player actor and use that for its animation. My guess is for smoother camera movement. And when a clone is created, your bodygen probably slaps it with a randomized slider values. 

To avoid it, you'd just add a condition to check that the actor's name does not equal the player name when applying bodygen. It's not perfect since that means NPCs who share the exact same name as the player won't get randomized. But what are the chances of that happening? And even if it does happen, as long as the player isn't named something like "settler", the impact would be miniscule. This is how I handle player AAF sex clone in my mod for counting how many NPCs observed the player having sex. 

If there was a fix for it I'd announce it out. 

I don't have time right now to make a fix, as I pretty much am in the middle of moving and getting my paperwork together to go to school again. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know that my initial concern with switching to FG was the lack of armors that were created or converted for it. Since that time over 85 different armors have been ported (some of the important ones) and we are still rolling. In my mind, there is no other body model for FO4. CBBE served it's purpose but hasn't changed/grown while Fusion Girl continues to give us the customization options and immersion that we so love. That said, I know I sound like a fanboy/mark/simp whatever for FG but Ill have you know that I also have love for CBBE....I just like it better in Skyrim SE with 3ba support. 

Anyway that's my 2 pence...and while I'm at it, here is a link to the running FG Conversion thread in case you would be FG peeps want to download some dope threads for the Waifus

• 1 month later...
On 2/21/2021 at 2:37 PM, splashzone said:

I know that my initial concern with switching to FG was the lack of armors that were created or converted for it. Since that time over 85 different armors have been ported (some of the important ones) and we are still rolling. In my mind, there is no other body model for FO4. CBBE served it's purpose but hasn't changed/grown while Fusion Girl continues to give us the customization options and immersion that we so love. That said, I know I sound like a fanboy/mark/simp whatever for FG but Ill have you know that I also have love for CBBE....I just like it better in Skyrim SE with 3ba support. 

Anyway that's my 2 pence...and while I'm at it, here is a link to the running FG Conversion thread in case you would be FG peeps want to download some dope threads for the Waifus

What are the benefits of FG aside from it being a requirement for some animation mods?

If I'm more interested in tactical armors, am I better off staying with CBBE? A lot of the FG conversions in the linked thread look to be skimpy armors.

42 minutes ago, NNS10 said:

What are the benefits of FG aside from it being a requirement for some animation mods?

If I'm more interested in tactical armors, am I better off staying with CBBE? A lot of the FG conversions in the linked thread look to be skimpy armors.

Think of FG as the equivalent of CBBE 3BBB in Skyrim. Basically it means better and/or more natural physics and collisions depending on your taste. Obviously this shines in the lewd/skimpy arena but with more and more mods being ported every day, it is only a matter of time before some of the more tactical outfits are ported. Additionally, iirc the breast physics can be fine-tuned to be present, absent, or lowered according to the presence of chest armor. In short, it gives lots of options and whether I play "lewd-out" or not, I like having options! 

Feel free to drop into the thread and make a request to convert an armor that you would like ported, we have several great folks pumping out conversions on a relatively regular basis.

Now that Splashzone is here Id say its the final nail in the coffin for CBBE.

Fusion is superior in so many ways.

CBBE only had one advantage: quantity of clothing mods.

Ask yourself if your going to use 525823 clothing mods and 1420104 gigs of textures with CBBE In your playtrough

Or if your fine with like the 100 most popular ones for about 30 gigs of textures.

(some numbers in this post are slightly exaggerated)

5 hours ago, splashzone said:

Think of FG as the equivalent of CBBE 3BBB in Skyrim. Basically it means better and/or more natural physics and collisions depending on your taste. Obviously this shines in the lewd/skimpy arena but with more and more mods being ported every day, it is only a matter of time before some of the more tactical outfits are ported. Additionally, iirc the breast physics can be fine-tuned to be present, absent, or lowered according to the presence of chest armor. In short, it gives lots of options and whether I play "lewd-out" or not, I like having options! 

Feel free to drop into the thread and make a request to convert an armor that you would like ported, we have several great folks pumping out conversions on a relatively regular basis.

I checked the Korean messageboard you link to and it seems to cover a good number of the more tactical armors.

Regarding FG itself, is the uniboob reference just the breasts or is it equivalent of the CBBE unibody (which is uni-boob + uni-butt). And do most conversions use that as the standard reference? If so, that'd be a plus for FG.

Edit: On checking some of the vanilla outfit FG conversions (that come with the mod), they seem to be significantly worse than the CBBE base conversions. The FG conversions seem to be much lower poly and blocky. Vault suit 111 is one example.