Fusion Girl or CBBE?

Looking at that knee fix skeleton in nifskope and looking at zex skeleton in nifskope I can see the penis bones well... what happens if you don't use zex skeleton for females during strapon animations with the strapons stretch all over the place and bug out? I ask because there is a mod that allows us to use the zex skeleton for males and the cbbe knee fix for females at the same time it changes the directory of one of the gender skeleton files to do this.

14 hours ago, Zor2k13 said:

Looking at that knee fix skeleton in nifskope and looking at zex skeleton in nifskope I can see the penis bones well... what happens if you don't use zex skeleton for females during strapon animations with the strapons stretch all over the place and bug out? I ask because there is a mod that allows us to use the zex skeleton for males and the cbbe knee fix for females at the same time it changes the directory of one of the gender skeleton files to do this.

Cant answer technically. Can confirm strap ons work fine with ZEX/FG. I also tried the knee fix on CBBE before changing to FG and it was an improvement over stock CBBE but its touchy with different body types in my experience anyway. FG isnt perfect with knees either but seems more forgiving. Bottom line is that clothes are easier for CBBE. Super happy fun time nakiness is better with FG and clothes are improving nicely. I custom make my own outfits, so FG is no biggie for me. Just depends on what youre after. If you just want clothes you download to work, CBBE will do just fine. Some animations will look awkward. Might try CBBE first since it is easier. 

I did not like FG at first because nothing I had would simply change over. After running with it for a while now I just couldnt go back. It would be like trading a Ferrari for a Toyota.

On 1/12/2020 at 5:45 AM, Zor2k13 said:

If fusion girl works fine with dismemberment than ok thats great, now I have to get all vanilla outfits working for it and armors too. I was looking at this mod here: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/38104

Lots of problems in the bug section though and they are recent. For vanilla armors I am still searching I don't know if anyone made any conversions yet.

Keeping the vanilla outfits from clipping is a real pain, given their substantially lower poly count than the fusion girl body, and the fact that sliders and physics are moving things about all the time. You just can't try every combination of sliders with every outfit, and try running, jumping, etc. with various physics settings.

If you you're ok with NPCs just wearing half the vanilla outfits (and given the site you're on you might be ;), my mod (see signature) might be an alternative for you. I try to keep the clipping at bay as much as I can, but the downside is that I've only completed about ~75 outfits yet.

20 minutes ago, ghaan said:

Keeping the vanilla outfits from clipping is a real pain, given their substantially lower poly count than the fusion girl body, and the fact that sliders and physics are moving things about all the time. You just can't try every combination of sliders with every outfit, and try running, jumping, etc. with various physics settings.

If you you're ok with NPCs just wearing half the vanilla outfits (and given the site you're on you might be ;), my mod (see signature) might be an alternative for you. I try to keep the clipping at bay as much as I can, but the downside is that I've only completed about ~75 outfits 

Have you checked is there are already this mod for port outfits? 

Also you can open outfit in 3dsmax and increase poly count (tesselate)

On 1/13/2020 at 9:46 PM, Flashy (JoeR) said:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/39006

CBBE Knee fix. :)

Just putting that out there for people who don't want to feel pressured or forced into changing bodies and skeletons just because of bad weight mapping and joint compression on the CBBE legs (which this fixes).

image.png

Ah yes you're being forced!

Convert everything in .9 seconds flat 

On 1/22/2020 at 1:08 PM, ghaan said:

If you you're ok with NPCs just wearing half the vanilla outfits (and given the site you're on you might be ;), my mod (see signature) might be an alternative for you. I try to keep the clipping at bay as much as I can, but the downside is that I've only completed about ~75 outfits yet.

a Higher polygon count does not mean quality or better compatibility with physics. Sure it means you can go for more extreme presets, but end of the day it can be taxing on lower end systems. Game clothing is optimized for performance. You do not need a 50,000 polygon dress when you're barely gonna be zoomed in enough to see every single detail of said dress. it's part of why I have a bit of disdain for some clothing artists. They have kinda sorta made this whole stupidity of "High poly = good quality" that leads to stupid shit like Miniskirts being 50,000 poly (GRIM...) or someone porting in a 200,000 poly outfit (Snakel101) or someone putting a 300,000 poly vest out (Icestorm)... 

I also haven't put out the Vanilla refits for either body mod I work on is because I'm focusing more on quality over having them done (Otherwise I would hit Conform All and keep life going). I have Seen CBBE's refits and they look like hot ass. I'm taking inspiration from Wonder Body and focusing on making the clothing look like they're on a human being. That involves reworking clothing per slider, cleaning up geometry and other issues, but it's worth it to have vanilla clothing that looks nice and morphs well with the body and having sliders that make sense. 

On 1/23/2020 at 8:20 PM, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

a Higher polygon count does not mean quality or better compatibility with physics. Sure it means you can go for more extreme presets, but end of the day it can be taxing on lower end systems. Game clothing is optimized for performance. You do not need a 50,000 polygon dress when you're barely gonna be zoomed in enough to see every single detail of said dress. it's part of why I have a bit of disdain for some clothing artists. They have kinda sorta made this whole stupidity of "High poly = good quality" that leads to stupid shit like Miniskirts being 50,000 poly (GRIM...) or someone porting in a 200,000 poly outfit (Snakel101) or someone putting a 300,000 poly vest out (Icestorm)...

You're right, higher poly count doesn't automatically translate into better looking outfits. The problem for me hasn't been the total vertex count, but the the difference in vertex count between body and clothing at the seams between clothing and skin. As soon as slider values for breasts, belly, legs, etc. size go up, the body starts clipping though the clothes at the seams. Sure, you can (and should) edit sliders individually to avoid it, but if the poly count is too low, the clothes start to look ... angular. Increasing the vertex count in those specific areas helps avoid that.

9 hours ago, ghaan said:

You're right, higher poly count doesn't automatically translate into better looking outfits. The problem for me hasn't been the total vertex count, but the the difference in vertex count between body and clothing at the seams between clothing and skin. As soon as slider values for breasts, belly, legs, etc. size go up, the body starts clipping though the clothes at the seams. Sure, you can (and should) edit sliders individually to avoid it, but if the poly count is too low, the clothes start to look ... angular. Increasing the vertex count in those specific areas helps avoid that.

There's ways around it, but it takes a lot of work and at the end there's always gonna be issues no matter how high you go. I've had fine results getting vanilla outfits to work ok with the 7B slider without having to up the polycount. It's just a lot of work to do.

That's another thing that people don't understand. I could 100% up the polycount and make it large bust friendly, but there's a point where that polycount is kinda not good on smaller chest shapes (in part cause the extra vertices there always cause problems, but also because having that high polycount when you aren't using large bust presets is pointless), so it's a matter of balancing compatibility between smaller presets to larger presets. In interest of making it work on all computers (Vanilla at best) I'd rather work around the lower polycount than to potentially risk going too high for an armor that may be worn by a large group of settlers and that causing issues for someone with a weaker system. That's to say that having one vault suit at 20K poly will melt someone's shit, but you know. It's easier to work with what I have than to just pointlessly run through and upping polycount on stuff because it makes pretty... 

Most of my work with Vanilla clothing work fine at normal proportions or slider mixes. I've noted with some clothing makers (Oni, TMD's work with some AB outfits.) They tend to shrink the body around the seams a bit and cut the body specifically to fit said seams and not have issues. I've been trying that myself and the results aren't that terrible, but as noted to get good results it's time consuming as fuck, especially when I want the clothing to look good. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have those vanilla outfits for SeveNBase? I've been trying to get it to work but it's been giving me trouble, like clipping body parts off the clothes and I'm terrible at trying to fix this. Never done this before in my life.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I've been trying to use another person's bodyslider presets from this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/38104 to fit SeveNBase. And since it's mostly fits but a few need tweaks, I've been trying to fix those up so all fit alright. I'm guessing this mod here is a start but not a total fix? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37380

Maybe I should go back to CBBE... but I prefer Fusion Girl's SeveNBase and I like vanilla mostly because I don't like the other options. I'm one of those people that prefers to stick to vanilla design as close as possible. Maybe I'm being a bit too picky here and stubborn to give up yet.

3 hours ago, Zathuul said:

Does anyone have those vanilla outfits for SeveNBase? I've been trying to get it to work but it's been giving me trouble, like clipping body parts off the clothes and I'm terrible at trying to fix this. Never done this before in my life.

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I've been trying to use another person's bodyslider presets from this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/38104 to fit SeveNBase. And since it's mostly fits but a few need tweaks, I've been trying to fix those up so all fit alright. I'm guessing this mod here is a start but not a total fix? https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/37380

Maybe I should go back to CBBE... but I prefer Fusion Girl's SeveNBase and I like vanilla mostly because I don't like the other options. I'm one of those people that prefers to stick to vanilla design as close as possible. Maybe I'm being a bit too picky here and stubborn to give up yet.

1)Open outfit studio with outfit you want to edit

2)Select tool mark verticles

3)select body in the right top menu (body is green)

4)press q, you will see green vericles

5)press eye in the top right menu for clothes parts

7)mark verticles of body that you want to hide, they will become red

8)select "invert mask"

9)select "create zap slider" and name it like you eant

10)save

11)open bodyslide stuido and select your zap slider came, watch how it looks and build

FYI:  I went with Fusion Girl and so far everything looks great.  I've found plenty of clothing/armor mods and some good tutorials and resources for changing CBBE to FG.  Physics is working and I've moved on to animations and workshop resources.  If all goes well I may be ready to play in another month.  Thank you all for the assistance over the past few weeks.

If I can please drop in here and say I'm building my game on Fusion Girl this play-through.  I've been converting some CBBE outfits to FG for my own game, thanks to Bumex's page and OSP file. (Massive thumbs up to him). Most of my conversions have been good.  I want to stick with Fusion Girl and the skellie.

Also, in game the body seems to behave fine, and Radiation Queen Skin is awesome.

But this is where the fun stops. The biggest bugbear I have are heels. In doing conversions, I often end up with feet sticking horizontally through the sloping shoes. A worst case scenario is Angeli's Techsuit ( https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/10645-angeli-techsuit/   )  with it's vertical heels!

I am a bumbling idiot when it comes to Bodyslide and Outfit Studio but Bumex has seen me through. But how on earth do I handle these sorts of heels? Or heels of any kind?

I have Charming High Heels, the Fusion Girl converter for that (which I can't get my head around), and I have Fallout 4 High Heels system.  Angeli uses the latter.

If anyone please has the time to give me a couple of pointers on crushing unrepentant feet into Fusion converting heels, I would be really grateful.

Thank you!

16 hours ago, TheBottomhoodofSteel said:

Latest version of FG literally has a high heel slider accidentally integrated into the Bodies. It's aptly labelled High Heels. You will have to adjust the feet further to fit your heel. 

Thanks! I had already spotted that  ?, and used the slider to 'bend' the feet to fit to the boots.  All well and good, and patched the clipping. BUT, after I bent the feet in, and tried to save the OSP, the legs went all weirdly wobbly and thin, and the whole job went wonky!  ?   This happens at any stage of the process.  (And thank you SirSubeedo - that's another thing I tried, sadly with no success.)

Spoiler

Bumex's instructions:

3. In outfit studio, open File > Load Project. Then open the outfit project you want to convert.

4. In the top right hand panel, go to the bones tab. Using the shift key, select all the bones. Right click > delete > 
   remove from project.

5. Then go to File > Load Reference. Under the From Template options choose "Convert: CBBE to Fusion Girl" then hit OK.
    On the menu at the top go to Slider > Conform All.  Click OK on the weights box.

6. In the slider panel on the right, grab the "CBBEtoFusionGirl" slider and move it from 0 to 100%

7. Then at the top menu go to Slider > Set Base Shape.

8. Then go to File > Load Reference. Under the From Template options choose "FusionGirl" then hit OK.

9. Hopefully the outfit will now match the new Fusion Girl body template. Some outfits still might have some parts where the body clips through.  To do this go to top right box, select the meshes tab, and  click on the green body label to enable the clipping tools.

10. You can correct any additional clipping by selecting the icon that looks like the moon eclipsing behind the earth.

11. Then in the upper right hand panel, select the piece of the outfit you wish to expand to fit the body.

12. Then use your cursor directly over the outfit to fix the clipping.

13. On the menu at the top go to Slider > Conform All.

14. Then in the top right panel, select all the outfit pieces besides the "BaseFBody" reference. Use your shift button to select them all. If an outfit has hands or gloves, leave them out as they have their own weights.

15. Then in the top menu, go to Shape > Copy Bone Weights. Leave the default option then hit OK.    (If the project won't save due to unweighted vertices, then highlight all outfit pieces. Find the clear mask option  from the top menu. Then redo copy bone weights extending the search radius from 5 to 8 or more until it works)

16. Then go to File > Save Project.

In the spoiler box I've pasted Bumex's list of instructions. If I am bending the feet using the slider, like I tried, in which stage of this process do I do that action and permanently save the OSP without getting weird legs?  I tried during the clipping repair stage (12). Step 13 is the point the whole project goes wrong! It demands sliders are zeroed, and the feet pop back out. Or if I try to get around that the body becomes distorted.  I feel like an idiot not knowing how to do this!!

I'd be really grateful if any of you can walk me through this bit. Once I've learnt how to do this it means I am more self reliant for this kind of thing!

Thank you.

I have two separate FO4 installs one each on two different computers.  One is CBBE, the other FG.  So far, I really like Fusion Girl not just for the knee fix but for overall look..it looks more natural and it's much easier to get a thicker body that actually looks natural with Fusion Girl than with CBBE.

So...I'm planning on converting the CBBE game over to FG.  The FG Bodyslide conversion for the X-92 Courser outfit was the clincher too.

@Bluegunk I've been having good luck with this tut from erri120 along with the conversion reference from Bumex.  It has an excellent section on zap sliders.  I also ran into the foot problem with Honest Abe's Armors when worn over TheKite's VTS since Abe's armors include a reference body (Side note to anyone who wants to pick up the VTS the mesh and plastic liner problem mentioned under "Known Issues" can be worked around by making an altered version of your chosen body in BS to build those meshes over.  It took a couple of hours bouncing back and forth between BS and in game but they work well now).   I was going to delete the reference body from the armor... which may have worked until I ran into a raider that didn't have under armor on.  I suppose that would have resulted in armor with a head running around sans body.  So what is the high heels slider you and @TheBottomhoodofSteel are talking about?  I have FG 1.45 but do not see a slider for high heels.  I'm unclear if that would solve my problem anyway, wouldn't that just make any NPC wearing that armor look like they're dancing ballet?

One more stumbling block, and this problem may not be FG related, is that animations seem to be using a CBBE body (at least that's what it looks like) which causes all kinds of clipping.  It may be AAF, though I think I've installed the animation packs, patches and themes correctly.  It may also be a conflict between the RSE_II resources and MCG though I think I have all that installed and patched correctly.  

Plugins:

Spoiler

# Automatically generated by Vortex
*Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
*TBOS-RaiderNormalFixMale.esl
*TBOSBodyTalk2LooksMenu.esl
*RSE_II_Resources.esm
*HUDFramework.esm
*Homemaker.esm
*SettlementKeywords.esm
*AAF.esm
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*Robot Home Defence.esm
*TortureDevices.esm
*Devious Devices.esm
*WorkshopRearranged.esp
*RecruitableSettlers.esp
*TheKite_VTS.esp
*MikeMooresMCAM.esp
*P220.esp
*USP 45.esp
*fn five-seven v3.0.esp
*RecruitableSettlersFH.esp
*DOOMMerged.esp
*RSE_II_CSA.esp
*RSE_II_CSA_RacePatch.esp
*MagnoCumGaudio.esp
*Crossbow.esp
*CumNWealth.esp
*FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
*FO4_Leito_Voicefix.esp
*Atomic Lust.esp
*SavageCabbage_Animations.esp
*ThraxActionPoses.esp
*Shino Poses.esp
*SettleObjExpandPack.esp
*Deathclaw_nude.esp
*Vioxsis_Strap-Ons.esp
*More Scavenging Stations.esp
*HN66-SiriusArmor.esp
*Valerian_Armor.esp
*DX Courser X-92 Power Suit.esp
*NewerMind43 Nano Suit.esp
*ShadeArmorIV.esp
*Better Locational Damage - DLC_WWorkshop.esp
*NoCombatMusic.esp
*BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp
*Raider Replacer.esp
*AFVPurgatory.esp
*AAF_BadEnd_Animations.esp
*AAF_Violate.esp
*AAF_Violate_DLC_Patch.esp
*AAF_CreaturePack01.esp
*Pip Storage Assitant.esp
*MakeYourOwnSynths.esp
*WorkshopRearranged_Addon_VanillaResources.esp
*Prisoner Shackles.esp
*Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp
*AlternateSettlements.esp
*VATST_Targeting_Pause.esp
*VATST_BulletFlyAdd_FasterNLonger.esp
*VATST_Combat_VT.esp
*VATST_Distance_10000.esp
*FusionGirlLooksMenu.esp
*FO4HHS_AAF.esp
*LooksMenu.esp
*The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
*The Eyes of Beauty Looking Stranger.esp
*Armorsmith Extended.esp
*TheKite_VTS_Replacer.esp
*HAAS Far Harbor Replacer AE Edition.esp
*HAAS Automatron Replacer AE Edition.esp
*HAAS Nuka World Replacer AE Edition.esp
*HAAS Core Replacer AE Edition.esp
*Better Locational Damage - DLC_Far_Harbor.esp
*Better Locational Damage - DLC_Nuka_World.esp
*Better Locational Damage.esp
*Weapons of Fate.esp
*CRX.esp
*SkibsWeapons-REDUX.esp
*BLD-UF4P.esp
BLD-WHD.esp
BLD-WOF.esp
*Better Locational Damage - DLC_Automatron.esp
BLD-EW.esp
*Supernova's Damage Multiplier Increase.esp
*BetterSettlers.esp
*BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp
*LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
*PinUpRedLipstick LMCC.esp
*AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
*KSHairdos.esp
*AA Lots More Settlers and Enemies.esp
*Immersive Wastelanders.esp
*BLD-CompInfiAmmo.esp
*BetterSettlersMortalPack.esp
*Evangeline Preset - Glory Replacer v1.0..esp
*More Females.esp
*AA LMSE_FarHarbor.esp
*BetterSettlersMostlyFemale.esp
*SSEX.esp
*dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp
*LongRangeBulletHoles.esp
*LooksMirror.esp
*Below-the-belt.esp
*Better Locational Damage - Ghoul Edition.esp
*Crafting Mastery.esp
*WorkshopRearrangedAddon_DefaultLocalLeader.esp
*CWSS Redux.esp
*Companion Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Power Armour.esp
*rxl_bp70_animations.esp
*Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Load Order:

Spoiler

# Automatically generated by Vortex
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
TBOS-RaiderNormalFixMale.esl
TBOSBodyTalk2LooksMenu.esl
RSE_II_Resources.esm
HUDFramework.esm
Homemaker.esm
SettlementKeywords.esm
AAF.esm
ArmorKeywords.esm
Robot Home Defence.esm
TortureDevices.esm
Devious Devices.esm
WorkshopRearranged.esp
RecruitableSettlers.esp
TheKite_VTS.esp
MikeMooresMCAM.esp
P220.esp
USP 45.esp
fn five-seven v3.0.esp
RecruitableSettlersFH.esp
DOOMMerged.esp
RSE_II_CSA.esp
RSE_II_CSA_RacePatch.esp
MagnoCumGaudio.esp
Crossbow.esp
CumNWealth.esp
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
FO4_Leito_Voicefix.esp
Atomic Lust.esp
SavageCabbage_Animations.esp
ThraxActionPoses.esp
Shino Poses.esp
SettleObjExpandPack.esp
Deathclaw_nude.esp
Vioxsis_Strap-Ons.esp
More Scavenging Stations.esp
HN66-SiriusArmor.esp
Valerian_Armor.esp
DX Courser X-92 Power Suit.esp
NewerMind43 Nano Suit.esp
ShadeArmorIV.esp
Better Locational Damage - DLC_WWorkshop.esp
NoCombatMusic.esp
BetterSettlersNoLollygagging.esp
Raider Replacer.esp
AFVPurgatory.esp
AAF_BadEnd_Animations.esp
AAF_Violate.esp
AAF_Violate_DLC_Patch.esp
AAF_CreaturePack01.esp
Pip Storage Assitant.esp
MakeYourOwnSynths.esp
WorkshopRearranged_Addon_VanillaResources.esp
Prisoner Shackles.esp
Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp
AlternateSettlements.esp
VATST_Targeting_Pause.esp
VATST_BulletFlyAdd_FasterNLonger.esp
VATST_Combat_VT.esp
VATST_Distance_10000.esp
FusionGirlLooksMenu.esp
FO4HHS_AAF.esp
LooksMenu.esp
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
The Eyes of Beauty Looking Stranger.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
TheKite_VTS_Replacer.esp
HAAS Far Harbor Replacer AE Edition.esp
HAAS Automatron Replacer AE Edition.esp
HAAS Nuka World Replacer AE Edition.esp
HAAS Core Replacer AE Edition.esp
Better Locational Damage - DLC_Far_Harbor.esp
Better Locational Damage - DLC_Nuka_World.esp
Better Locational Damage.esp
Weapons of Fate.esp
CRX.esp
SkibsWeapons-REDUX.esp
BLD-UF4P.esp
BLD-WHD.esp
BLD-WOF.esp
Better Locational Damage - DLC_Automatron.esp
BLD-EW.esp
Supernova's Damage Multiplier Increase.esp
BetterSettlers.esp
BetterSettlersCleanFacePack.esp
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
PinUpRedLipstick LMCC.esp
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp
KSHairdos.esp
AA Lots More Settlers and Enemies.esp
Immersive Wastelanders.esp
BLD-CompInfiAmmo.esp
BetterSettlersMortalPack.esp
Evangeline Preset - Glory Replacer v1.0..esp
More Females.esp
AA LMSE_FarHarbor.esp
BetterSettlersMostlyFemale.esp
SSEX.esp
dD-Enhanced Blood Basic.esp
LongRangeBulletHoles.esp
LooksMirror.esp
Below-the-belt.esp
Better Locational Damage - Ghoul Edition.esp
Crafting Mastery.esp
WorkshopRearrangedAddon_DefaultLocalLeader.esp
CWSS Redux.esp
Companion Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Power Armour.esp
rxl_bp70_animations.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

As usual any insight would be appreciated even if it's just that the animations aren't a FG problem...

Follow Up:  I've identified the body mismatch cause to be opening the body tab in Looks Menu.  Every time I open it all females except the non-animation player body gain 30 lbs or so.  Weird but fixed by starting a new game and never opening the body tab in Looks Menu.  Fixed the problem with Abe's Armors by removing the body reference in Outfit Studio.  If/when I run into a bodiless head I may try to make a patch to ensure anyone who spawns with armor from his mod also spawn with under armor...

Also @SayKoRn has posted a great AAF guide here.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've sorted my heels issues by simply zapping the offending feet.  ?

Works a charm. Just got to remember not to take off the shoes....

On another note, I get the impression interest in Fusion Girl is sliding a bit. Clothes conversions have slowed down.

I've done a lot of my own over the last couple of weeks.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to necro this thread, but i am trying to make fusion girl work, but i cannot defeat the rear neck mismatch issue. AM i missing something?

EDIT: 100% confirmed it is caused by ''Fusion Girl'' as the issue disappeared when i disabled it